Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#828988 Dec 26, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're naive to think that the only people selling drugs are street kids. A 54 year old regular looking white guy was busted last week for having 60 pot plants in his house; he's been growing and selling for 14 years; someone must have blew the whistle on him. Who was he hurting?
A few months ago, another fellow with a similar story.
There are cops selling; lawyers, doctors, Harvard grads, business people, many wealthy people started out making their money with the drug trade.
Not every addict has the money to go to a doctor to get a prescription; or to buy large quantities. There will always be a market for drugs. Do they belong in jail? No.
Very few people of the type that you describe would jeopardize their lives and careers by engaging in any illegal activity, most specifically selling drugs. It's just not worth the risk.

If drugs are legalized, they will be licensed and regulated and heavily taxed and Walmart or CVS will become the primary outlet. Personal sales will still be illegal, enforced more than ever, because the government will want the revenue. Just like moonshining is still illegal.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#828989 Dec 26, 2012
the reel carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see how you can state, in one breath, that you're the "real carol," then that you're "perfectly frank," in another.
Well, now I really am off to get my labs done. And again, I have to drive MYSELF, even though I called the DAMNED SENIOR CENTER ABOUT 6 TIMES, BUT EVIDENTLY ALL THE LOAFERS ARE OFF ON THE 26TH ON OUR DIME AGAIN!
Ah well, guess I'll take another one for Jesus. Toodles my friends, and yo know who you are ...
I'm so jealous, I looked up Atmore AL and the media home price is $58k. Here in NY, Democrats spend more than that in a year just for sneakers and fast food.
dem

United States

#828990 Dec 26, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>They don't need to be buying their drugs with my money, either.

Just the obvious quantity of drugs being bought in this country is obvious proof many, many more people in the country are able to pay income taxes. If they can afford to buy illegal drugs, they can afford to pay income tax. It's that simple.
Well well the tiny kkkoward is back.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#828991 Dec 26, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're naive to think that the only people selling drugs are street kids. A 54 year old regular looking white guy was busted last week for having 60 pot plants in his house; he's been growing and selling for 14 years; someone must have blew the whistle on him. Who was he hurting?
A few months ago, another fellow with a similar story.
There are cops selling; lawyers, doctors, Harvard grads, business people, many wealthy people started out making their money with the drug trade.
Not every addict has the money to go to a doctor to get a prescription; or to buy large quantities. There will always be a market for drugs. Do they belong in jail? No.
you left out current presidents and indian chiefs.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#828992 Dec 26, 2012
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"R*mney’s geographic base" - right! thats-a-good-one
VP Joe Biden made short work of Ryan in the debate.
I couldn't figure out how during the debate they made Biden show his teeth with the constant maniacal laughter, until I read this about how they made Mr. Ed talk:

'Making Ed "talk"It is often said the crew was able to get Mister Ed to move his mouth by applying peanut butter to his gums in order for him to try to remove it by moving his lips. However, Alan Young said in 2004 that he had started the story himself.[5] In another interview, Young said, "Al Simon and Arthur Lubin, the producers, suggested we keep the method a secret because they thought kids would be disappointed if they found out the technical details of how it was done, so I made up the peanut butter story, and everyone bought it. It was initially done by putting a piece of nylon thread in his mouth. But Ed actually learned to move his lips on cue when the trainer touched his hoof. In fact, he soon learned to do it when I stopped talking during a scene! Ed was very smart."[6]

Others argued that examination of Mister Ed footage shows Ed's handler pulling strings to make him talk, and that this method was at work at least some of the time. Young later said during an interview for the Archive of American Television that a nylon string was tied to the halter and the loose end inserted under his lip to make Ed talk, saying that he had used the peanut butter fable for years in radio interviews instead of telling the truth. The loose thread can be seen tied to the halter, and it is clearly not taut as it would be if it were being pulled. Young also states in the AAT interview that after the first season, Ed did not need the nylon – Alan and trainer Les were out riding one day and Les started laughing, telling Alan to look at Ed, who was moving his lips every time they stopped talking, as if attempting to join in the conversation. This difference is visible when comparing first season episodes to later ones, as it is clear that early on he is working the irritating string out, sometimes working his tongue in the attempt too, and later on he tends to only move his upper lip, and appears to watch Alan Young closely, waiting for him to finish his lines before twitching his lip.'

of course Mr Ed was smarter than Biden to begin with and to my knowledge Ed never had to resort to plagiarism.

http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2008/08/26/the...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#828993 Dec 26, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you pretend to be ignorant of how government works. You may need to write this down:
The government works in accordance with how the Constitution states. That means, all spending has been approved by Congress.
So, please adjust your assessment to be concident with changes in Congress to reflect the real world.
Then, we'd be interested in reading what you have to say, dupe.
Who's is the last signature to go on a spending bill?

Location hidden

#828994 Dec 26, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Very few people of the type that you describe would jeopardize their lives and careers by engaging in any illegal activity, most specifically selling drugs. It's just not worth the risk.
If drugs are legalized, they will be licensed and regulated and heavily taxed and Walmart or CVS will become the primary outlet. Personal sales will still be illegal, enforced more than ever, because the government will want the revenue. Just like moonshining is still illegal.
What a curiously sheltered life you must lead.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#828995 Dec 26, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Some people have use the Treaty of Tripoli as an explanation that America isn't a Christian nation. President Obama Bombed Tripoli, helped kill the Bey of Tripoli and abrogated that treaty.
America has ALWAYS been a Christian nation.
==========

Treaty of Tripoli was abrogated eons ago!
But you are on the RIGHT track :)

The treaty was broken in 1801 by the Pasha of Tripoli over President Thomas Jefferson's refusal to submit to the Pasha's demands for increased payments. In the course of negotiating with the Barbary nations, each of the Barbary rulers continuously demanded increased payments to maintain peace, even while occasionally capturing U.S. ships. The Pasha of Tripoli was jealous of the ships the U.S. had recently given to Algeria, and demanded similar payment be made to him. On September 25, 1800, Tripoli captured the U.S. ship, Catherine, robbed the crew and plundered its cargo. The Pasha said this was a mistake and the captain responsible for the capture had been punished. Even so, the Pasha warned Cathcart that either the U.S. send additional payments, or the Pasha would declare war on U.S. vessels within six months.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripol...

"America has ALWAYS been a Christian nation." said Brian_G

Since George Washington first added “so help me God” to his inaugural oath, every president since has likewise asked for God’s assistance at his inauguration.

http://morallaw.org/resources/america-acknowl...

New Eidsmoe Book: Historical and Theological Foundations of Law
Thomas Jefferson was looking back upon history when he said,“The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground,” but he might as well have been looking forward to modern America. So-called progressives assure us that a more perfect Union is brought about by greater, ever-expanding government, while leading us to deeper enthrallment and dependency. The Founders knew better, however, insisting that the federal government be one of only limited, delegated power, with the remainder to reside in the states and the people. The “natural progress” of declining liberty would be bound down by the chains of the Constitution.
This regressive “progress” of usurping government power was obvious to students of world history like Thomas Jefferson and his colleagues. But what of the modern statesman, judge, or citizen? Well, he would do well to learn from the magnificent new work by the Foundation for Moral Law’s own Col. John Eidsmoe, Historical and Theological Foundations of Law,...

http://morallaw.org/
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#828996 Dec 26, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me say for once and for all, my knowledgeable friend, that I don't give a crap about Florida or Florida laws.
Why are rightwingers so opposed to states rights?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#828997 Dec 26, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Does the rest of the country get any benefit at all from these states or are they basically just a drain on the nation?
they're supporting the gun industry. a drain on living people, but they are paying sales tax.[?]
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#828998 Dec 26, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Some people have use the Treaty of Tripoli as an explanation that America isn't a Christian nation. President Obama Bombed Tripoli, helped kill the Bey of Tripoli and abrogated that treaty.
America has ALWAYS been a Christian nation.
==========
Treaty of Tripoli was abrogated eons ago!
But you are on the RIGHT track :)
The treaty was broken in 1801 by the Pasha of Tripoli over President Thomas Jefferson's refusal to submit to the Pasha's demands for increased payments. In the course of negotiating with the Barbary nations, each of the Barbary rulers continuously demanded increased payments to maintain peace, even while occasionally capturing U.S. ships. The Pasha of Tripoli was jealous of the ships the U.S. had recently given to Algeria, and demanded similar payment be made to him. On September 25, 1800, Tripoli captured the U.S. ship, Catherine, robbed the crew and plundered its cargo. The Pasha said this was a mistake and the captain responsible for the capture had been punished. Even so, the Pasha warned Cathcart that either the U.S. send additional payments, or the Pasha would declare war on U.S. vessels within six months.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripol...
"America has ALWAYS been a Christian nation." said Brian_G
Since George Washington first added “so help me God” to his inaugural oath, every president since has likewise asked for God’s assistance at his inauguration.
http://morallaw.org/resources/america-acknowl...
New Eidsmoe Book: Historical and Theological Foundations of Law
Thomas Jefferson was looking back upon history when he said,“The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground,” but he might as well have been looking forward to modern America. So-called progressives assure us that a more perfect Union is brought about by greater, ever-expanding government, while leading us to deeper enthrallment and dependency. The Founders knew better, however, insisting that the federal government be one of only limited, delegated power, with the remainder to reside in the states and the people. The “natural progress” of declining liberty would be bound down by the chains of the Constitution.
This regressive “progress” of usurping government power was obvious to students of world history like Thomas Jefferson and his colleagues. But what of the modern statesman, judge, or citizen? Well, he would do well to learn from the magnificent new work by the Foundation for Moral Law’s own Col. John Eidsmoe, Historical and Theological Foundations of Law,...
http://morallaw.org/
As a 'Christian' nation we sure do have a penchant for war. Maybe a change is in order? Just floating it out there. Plus I like the word penchant.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#829000 Dec 26, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely heavy on the racial stereotyping, given that many of the "red states", primarily in the South, are skewed demographically toward the black population.
Anti-black racism from black leftwingers is particularly unattractive.
are those rural blacks, or urban blacks?

or is there even a difference?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#829001 Dec 26, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me say for once and for all, you stupid old mutt, that I don't give a crap about Florida or Florida laws.
Common law allows for the possibility of recovery for negligent damages caused by others, regardless of whether the actions were legal. In this case, if the newspaper could have reasonably understood that publication of names and addresses (particularly with an interactive map showing home locations) would result in damages, there might be grounds for a lawsuit.
Now, let's move on to Obama's plan to destroy American society, beginning with destruction of the economy.
You're a moron, the newspaper didn't compile the list you stupid fk__you can go on with one of your other freakshow pals, I'm over your dumbazz on this subject.

On Obama__same way__so far he's stopped the nations economic bleeding and set the nation's and by proxy the planet's working class families on better path. Maybe you don't see, understand or appreciate the importance of what he's accomplished "against all odds" Carol doesn't either. Birds of a feather???
carol

Orlando, FL

#829004 Dec 26, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>As a 'Christian' nation we sure do have a penchant for war. Maybe a change is in order? Just floating it out there. Plus I like the word penchant.
A penchant for war all depends on if you're willing to roll over and play dead and allow something worse to take control of you and your life.

There are some really evil-minded people doing unthinkably evil things to a lot of innocent and vulnerable people in this world.

The question then becomes, do we allow more innocent and vulnerable people to suffer at the hands of those whose intent is pure evil and wait until it spreads over here or stop it wherever and whenever we can beforehand?

If someone is beating the tar out of your wife, for example, and threatening to come after your entire family next and then your neighbors, would you have a penchant to stop them using any means within your power then?

The only war where we really had no business being there is Vietnam. At least not to that extent. Nothing good came out of that war. At least South Koreans still have their freedom.

You would be hard-pressed to name any other war where it wasn't in the best interest of the country or protecting innocents in the world to intervene.

But I'm open to learning any you might have.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#829005 Dec 26, 2012
DEBIL HIS DOO wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, "Jane," I don't really live in Atmore, but whatever. I presently reside in a sh!thole that's crawling with the same kind of white trash you represent. You see, money changes nothing -- never has. Trash is trash. The more the white trash can manage to steal, the more they can spend on cheap chinee trash. And so it goes. Take Lindsay Lohan, for example -- or as her friends call her, "fire crotch." They're about to confiscate all her worldly possessions from a storage area because she owes $16,000 on it. Oh, and she's getting thrown out of her 8,000 a month (or maybe it's more) rental house, just like some poor, toothless inbred Alabaman on crack. I bet that makes you slaver at your slack lips, don't it Jane? It's like imagining her curled up in the gutter with running sores, with cops surreptitiously taking a piss on her huh?
Anyways, back to you and me: I know you're referring to people you identify with when you speak of those who spend more on sneakers than a po' black or white does on groceries for 2 weeks. Me? I can't go out and walk my land without wondering if I'm going to take one to the head because some toothless slacker is trying to wipe out whatever is left of the wildlife for the great sin of tasting good. But never you mind, "Jane," they're all gonna be food theyselves soon. I'm moving to a relatively well-to-do coastal area on the southern Oregon coast (a scenic destination in itself), or at least that's my plan. In spite of what Debil might say, you gotta live like Death ain't breathing down your neck every second. I'm even planning to buy a ki-yak, because who knew how much fun rowing is. You learn something new every day until you're dead, unless you're a republican.
well SFBs, the "po blacks" SPEND MORE ON SNEAKERS THAN YOU DO ON HOUSING. and sure you're moving to Oregon, probably in a video game. I think your Mom just hollered down the basement stairs, so you better go see what she wants before she switches off the breaker again.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#829006 Dec 26, 2012
BonerAlert wrote:
<quoted text>
The dibolical Democrats and the corrupt liberal media won't tell you this either:
"The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S."
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11969...
Violent crime in the UK (gun ban country)- FOUR times higher than in the U.S.
The socilistic and "progressive" policies bring about a worse country
Liberalism is a mental disorder....
Pseudo Liberalism is a disorder and the Bigots(moderen liberals) have distorted the meaning of Liberalism just like Lenin did with Communsim because Prior to the 20th century, classical liberalism was the dominant political philosophy in the United States. It was the political philosophy of Thomas Jefferson and the signers of the Declaration of Independence and it permeates the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Federalist Papers and many other documents produced by the people who created the American system of government. Many of the emancipationists who opposed slavery were essentially classical liberals, as were the suffragettes, who fought for equal rights for women.

What Is Classical Liberalism?

http://www.ncpa.org/pub/what-is-classical-lib...

Classical liberalism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_libera...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#829007 Dec 26, 2012
DEBIL HIS DOO wrote:
<quoted text>
.......... You learn something new every day until you're dead, unless you're a republican.
That's a great quote & it sums up the current republican movement perfectly. That should be used in the next campaign.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#829008 Dec 26, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you pretend to be ignorant of how government works. You may need to write this down:
The government works in accordance with how the Constitution states. That means, all spending has been approved by Congress.
So, please adjust your assessment to be concident with changes in Congress to reflect the real world.
Then, we'd be interested in reading what you have to say, dupe.
I get it. You're saying the debt & deficits in 2011 & 2012 are Boehner's & the Republican's fault.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#829009 Dec 26, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's is the last signature to go on a spending bill?
Who determines how much is spent, dufus.
If it's a no-brainer that any veto will be overriden, like when clinton vetoed the bills that gave us a surplus, then that last signature is just a formality. So....

Who determines how much is spent, dufus.
carol

Orlando, FL

#829010 Dec 26, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You listened too much to Newt's campaign speeches. He was only Speaker for four of those years with his last showing the only surplus of his tenure. Net spending also continued to increase apace with previous years throughout the Clinton era and the four surplus years so Newt's claims of cutting spending were bogus too. The guy can't open his mouth without a lie falling out.
Well, first of all, a surplus never even happened nor did Clinton leave President Bush with a surplus that Bush subsequently turned into a deficit.

So if Newt's claims are bogus, so are Clinton's.

According to this common sense conservative, Craig Steiner:

http://www.craigsteiner.us/articles/16

The deficit was almost eliminated in FY2000 (ending in September 2000 with a deficit of "only" $17.9 billion), but it never reached zero--let alone a positive surplus number. Clinton's last budget proposal for FY2001, which ended in September 2001, generated a $133.29 billion deficit. The growing deficits started in the year of the last Clinton budget, not in the first year of the Bush administration.

Keep in mind that President Bush took office in January 2001 and his first budget took effect October 1, 2001 for the year ending September 30, 2002 (FY2002). So the $133.29 billion deficit in the year ending September 2001 was Clinton's. Granted, Bush supported a tax refund where taxpayers received checks in 2001. However, the total amount refunded to taxpayers was only $38 billion. So even if we assume that $38 billion of the FY2001 deficit was due to Bush's tax refunds which were not part of Clinton's last budget, that still means that Clinton's last budget produced a deficit of 133.29 - 38 =$95.29 billion.

Clinton clearly did not achieve a surplus and he didn't leave President Bush with a surplus.

...I like common sense conservatives. I'd like common sense liberals too. Still hoping to meet one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 min Eric 69,397
OnePotChefShow 1 hr Tan 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 621
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr andet1987 1,473
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr andet1987 1,280
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr dont drink the ko... 46,696
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 3 hr Daily Schadenfreude 35
Amy 9-18 4 hr edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 178,068
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago