Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#828797 Dec 26, 2012
BonerAlert wrote:
<quoted text>
We understand your pain, Homer. Next time Super Barney comes around, use more jelly. It will help a chocolate packee libtard like you walk easier the next day! Simple!
What is with the anal fixation with all you rightwingers? Come out of the closet already.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#828798 Dec 26, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, Barney Frank was running everything, Bush/Cheney, The Republican controlled house/senate all stood by and watched as he ruled like an emperor.
They were powerless to stop him.
so what you are saying is that the Republican Controlled Congress and the Bush administration were all the bytches of a homosexual from Mass.

Interesting.

I wonder if Barney at least gave George a reach around?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#828799 Dec 26, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, 8 years in office he had to get one or two things right.
I COULD make an obama setting a clock twice a day crack--but I sort of won't...Homer.
Did Homer have a nice holiday?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#828800 Dec 26, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
a fossilized rock probably-unless you want to go further back lol
Hey tic tic, happy hillbilly holidays! Did you smash your still and set your outhouse on fire in celebration?
carol

Orlando, FL

#828801 Dec 26, 2012
DumbDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol didn't say Obama promised to pay off everyone's loans, idiot stick.
Well, it could have been interpreted that way...maybe.

Obama did promise to hurry up and get Congress to pass a measure that would reduce the maximum required payment on student loans from 15% of discretionary income annually to 10%.

That's not so bad though.

But he also promised the remaining debt would be forgiven after 20 years instead of 25 to 1.6 million borrowers.

So many of the 1.6 million students with massive college loans only heard they have to pay as little as possible for the next 20 years and the rest of their massive loans will be forgiven.

And since there's no hope on the horizon that 85% of these college graduates will even have a job anytime soon, I simply interpreted it the way they did.

At least they don't have to worry about paying off a massive loan down the road and can sponge off their parents indefinitely.

Or is that too oversimplified? Be honest.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#828803 Dec 26, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so what you are saying is that the Republican Controlled Congress and the Bush administration were all the bytches of a homosexual from Mass.
Interesting.
I wonder if Barney at least gave George a reach around?
Did I? Hmmm, yeah I guess I did say that.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#828804 Dec 26, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
There will be no solution as long as half the country isn't feeling the cost of the insanity of the government. If inflation hits those paying for the government, those not paying for the government get more food stamps, for instance. They do not feel the effect as long as we are continually forced to pay for the effect of inflation on them.
If we do not increase the number of people paying income taxes, then there will continually be increasing support for any Marxist that forces the people who are already the only people sacrificing and working and supporting everything and everyone to pay for everyone else.
Before any discussion of changes to the rates happens, there should be agreed upon an increase in the number of people paying income taxes.
It's insane to increase the number of people on the dole while the number of people paying for the dole decreases. Collapse is certain.
I do believe the Democrats intend on collapse. That will be the excuse they use to install a totalitarian government and eliminate the Constitution.
Fair tax-Federal sales tax-- across the boards.
Stop Punishing the WORKING (and Earning it) classes.
Make them ALL PAY, from ladder rung A through ladder rung Z-No exceptions.
Double Nevada's.

Happy Holidays DB.:-)
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#828806 Dec 26, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Hey tic tic, happy hillbilly holidays! Did you smash your still and set your outhouse on fire in celebration?
Would yew like sum brown pebbles, rock hard carmel or peanut butter fluff in a baguh Homer?

Greetings of the Season Homer.:-)
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#828807 Dec 26, 2012
Grade = F for fiction in your previous post and not backed up below. He nailed you.
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
1. by outsourcing the war on Al Qaeda to the the northern alliance because Bush was concentrating our forces to invade Iraq
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tora_B...
"A search of the area by U.S. forces continued into January, but no sign of bin Laden or the al-Qaeda leadership emerged. Former CIA officer Gary Berntsen, who led the CIA team (consisting primarily of CIA Paramilitary Officers from Special Activities Division) in Afghanistan that was tasked with locating Osama bin Laden, claims in his 2005 book Jawbreaker that he and his team had pinpointed the location of Osama bin Laden. Also according to Berntsen, a number of al-Qaeda detainees later confirmed that bin Laden had escaped Tora Bora into Pakistan via an easterly route through snow covered mountains to the area of Parachinar, Pakistan. He also claims that bin Laden could have been captured if United States Central Command had committed the troops that Berntsen had requested. Former CIA officer Gary Schroen concurs with this view and Pentagon documents are suggestive."
A former Delta Force commander, using the pen name "Dalton Fury", who was present at Tora Bora has written that bin Laden escaped into Pakistan on or around December 16, 2001. Fury gives three reasons for why he believes bin Laden was able to escape:(1) the US mistakenly thought that Pakistan was effectively guarding the border area,(2) NATO allies refused to allow the use of air-dropped GATOR mines, which would have helped seal bin Laden and his forces inside the Tora Bora area, and (3) over-reliance on native Afghan military forces as the main force deployed against bin Laden and his fighters. Fury states that the Afghan forces would usually leave the battlefield in the evenings to break their Ramadan fasts, thereby allowing the al-Qaeda forces a chance to regroup, reposition, or escape.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-141...
The strategy, as with the whole Afghan campaign, was to limit the number of American boots on the ground.
Instead Afghan fighters would operate under the direction of the small CIA/Special Forces teams, supported by air power.
But at Tora Bora, the Afghan mujahideen proved unreliable allies. They refused to fight at night leaving al-Qaeda to reoccupy ground that had been painfully won.
At one point they agreed a ceasefire which may even have secretly assisted Bin Laden. "I don't think they were properly trained," recalls the anonymous Special Forces soldier. "And I don't think their heart was in it."
Berntsen asked for 800 US Rangers to be placed between Bin Laden and the border, or to enter the mountains from the Pakistani side. His request was denied.
"Once you have to ask Washington for assistance, then all sorts of political calculations enter in and… unfortunately that's what occurred," Berntsen told the BBC.
Interesting, you republicretards blame President Obama for the state of the economy, but when it was fine, the federal gov't was running a surplus budget and we were paying of the national debt, the sitting President who was responsible for the federal budget gets no credit.....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#828808 Dec 26, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, 8 years in office he had to get one or two things right.
Yeah, he was mostly a fk up but he sure did look and act presidential with that lapel pin always present and that catchy little salute.

That blanket amnesty thingy was pure genius eh?
carol

Orlando, FL

#828809 Dec 26, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, DBWriter will call Reagan a Democrat and move on. I will give Reagan credit for the EITC, he understood his policies would generate a lot of poor people and he didn't want anarchy.
Homer, it's time you let go of the past.

Yes, Reagan increased defense spending during the Cold War. But do you remember Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev banging his shoe on the table while addressing Western ambassadors at a reception at the Polish embassy in Moscow and shouting "We will bury you!"

Now, it's time to look at how to decrease the deficit that BOTH parties are guilty of having gradually and steadily increased over the past many decades.

You don't seem to mind we're headed for yet another recession and $6 trillion more in the hole just since 2008.

So maybe if you were a little more critical of both presidents, you might sound a little more credible. Just a suggestion.

Did you have a good Christmas?
BonerAlert

Lynn, MA

#828810 Dec 26, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>What is with the anal fixation with all you rightwingers? Come out of the closet already.
We are just sensitive to the insecurity of you fudge packing libs.

By the way, do you mind moving away a little bit? You smell like $hit real bad!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#828811 Dec 26, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt Romney, meet Ronald Reagan. The Romney-Ryan campaign labels the 47 percent of people who don’t pay federal income taxes as “takers.” But to President Reagan, the godfather of today’s conservatives, anyone who worked for a living was a maker, whether he or she paid taxes or not.
Reagan strongly supported the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), which sends checks to Americans who work but earn less than around $46,000 a year, depending on family size. Recipients of the credit are among those who don’t pay income tax, but Reagan never regarded that as a problem. His administration estimated that the 1986 reform of the tax code would remove 6 million working poor from the tax rolls. Reagan called the reform a “sweeping victory for fairness” and “perhaps the biggest antipoverty program in our history.”
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-09-...
We realize you Obotics have a hard time distinguishing Reagan from Romney, but you can take off your blinders, cath up in time and realize that this is near 2013, just days from, and NOT the 80's anymore.

(is that yewwwwwwww Mr Reagan???)
Listen

Bowling Green, KY

#828812 Dec 26, 2012
AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>Actually someone like Christie is the only way a Repub will ever win in a Presidential race. You Rightwing crazies have frightened most Independent and Democrat from ever voting Repub again.
Shhhh,,, Don't tell the crazies how to fix the problem. I've voted Dem ever since Bush's first term but I would vote for Christie.
carol

Orlando, FL

#828813 Dec 26, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
what does that have to do with Iraq and Saddam?
and why did Bush let the man who did mastermind the 9/11 attacks escape capture/death at Tora Bora?
<quoted text>
which stimulus package are you talking about Bush's or Obama's?
and since you obviously are not an economist, nor have any education in economic, your opinion on that matter is about as useful as tits on a bull
<quoted text>
actually Geroge W Bush increased the national debt by nearly $6 TRILLION, from $5.5 to $11 trillion. Its now at about $14 trillion. since I now your math skills are also lacking, I'll do the math for you, that's an increase of $3 Trillion
<quoted text>
one the economy was fine in 2001, thanks to Bill Clinton and because of the severity of the recession that started in 2007 and because just like WWII got us out of the Great Depression, the increase in spending on the Iraq war, all done on Chinese credit and kept off the "books" stimulated the economy. any one with any education in economics wiuld know that...oh my bad forgot I was dealing with someone who graduated 6th grade after only 3 years
<quoted text>
something isn't adding up alright.....and its because of your stupidity
The Republican Congress under the leadership of Newt Gingrich for 6 of the 8 year Clinton term brought the deficit under control. Clinton was just smart enough to go along with them.

The rest of your post is pretty much inaccurate. And since you posted no sources to back them up, it really doesn't deserve a response.
Listen

Bowling Green, KY

#828814 Dec 26, 2012
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh lookie - a libtard that thinks he knows all!
So typical and moronic...
I do know if you Repubs continue to run for President the great minds like last time you need to get use to losing.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#828815 Dec 26, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, he was mostly a fk up but he sure did look and act presidential with that lapel pin always present and that catchy little salute.
That blanket amnesty thingy was pure genius eh?
Yeah, he had some doozies. He also had the luxury of cutting interest rates to spur growth, something this president does not have. I remember saving money back then before they kept cutting rates, back then having a plain old savings account meant something.

The grand design is to put all the money into the hands of the wealthy.
carol

Orlando, FL

#828816 Dec 26, 2012
johnnie galt wrote:
<quoted text>
I just want to tell you that if you'd drop the fundie crap, I'd do you in a hot republican second! You're like a heavier, dumber Dagney Taggert, and that's fine with me. I don't like a mouthy woman, which ironically enough, you are, but when you mirror me (except for the evangelical rubbish), somehow you charm my camo walmart boxers right off me.
I don't mind a mature gal, BTW. And I never minded pickin' through the brush a little to find my "prey," although some of my hunting buddies favor shooting straight into it.
So, carol honey, this one goes out to you:
I'd like to give your hips a hug
And shower them with love,
Then pull your sweat pants 'round your knees,
And chase you through the rough ...
LOL! I'm a bad boy today ...
Just hope you looked at the location of the "carol" you responded to first.

Someone else likes to pretend they're me. The most sincerest form of flattery.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#828817 Dec 26, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
Everyone desiring to go over the fiscal cliff have their parachutes ready?
How many YEARS will it take for this admin to get a BUDGET-for the People, by the People, of the People.. for crying out loud...we've already WASTED four.
May 2013 STRAIGHTEN UP.
I was just reading some of your posts on that religious thread you haunt and wondered why you don't use all the CAPS-TICS and other nonsense over there? Over there you seem like a somewhat sane preacher___over here you seem like a hopped up dirt road sport.

Split personality maybe???
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#828819 Dec 26, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer, it's time you let go of the past.
Yes, Reagan increased defense spending during the Cold War. But do you remember Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev banging his shoe on the table while addressing Western ambassadors at a reception at the Polish embassy in Moscow and shouting "We will bury you!"
Now, it's time to look at how to decrease the deficit that BOTH parties are guilty of having gradually and steadily increased over the past many decades.
You don't seem to mind we're headed for yet another recession and $6 trillion more in the hole just since 2008.
So maybe if you were a little more critical of both presidents, you might sound a little more credible. Just a suggestion.
Did you have a good Christmas?
I am critical of both presidents, Reagan and W. Bush, so there. I am allowed to respond to another poster who mentioned Reagan and the EITC so buzz off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
only sex 15 min amitjulee 1
Amy 10-19 16 min Kuuipo 8
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 27 min casting director 98,492
BoyshineLiesIn SpeechAtNW 33 min LipsMoveBhoLies 6
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 42 min STEFANO COLONNA 69,957
Mike Brown Deserved What He Got 43 min Read NO_3 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min Earthling-1 47,475
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 179,241
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]