Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
764,521 - 764,540 of 1,102,058 Comments Last updated 10 min ago
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#828256 Dec 24, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Armed personnel in schools are a good idea, but police in schools are not a good idea. LaPierre is half-right, half-wrong.
Police in schools will do more snooping than protecting. Always a mistake to sacrifice liberty for security.
There you go... back to your original nazi beginnings son.

LaPierre is completely wrong.

Because by your argument, teachers and students should then be arming themselves against the police.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#828257 Dec 24, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true, but it would have to be an outside hire for the most part (or very-carefully screened support staff). Most educators are extreme leftists, and completely incompetent when it comes to issues involving self-reliance. The thought of arming them invokes visions of Barney Fife in a gunfight....
How about a true life right wing incompetent....

"Yoshi Hattori's early life

Born in Nagoya, Japan to Masaichi and Mieko Hattori, Yoshihiro was 16 years old when he went to Baton Rouge as part of the American Field Service (AFS) student exchange program; he had also received a scholarship from the Morita Foundation for his trip. He was the middle child between a brother and a sister, and was described as a gregarious teen who played on his high school rugby team and loved fishing.

Fatal incident

Two months into his stay in the United States, he received an invitation, along with Webb Haymaker, his homestay brother, to a Halloween party organized for Japanese exchange students on October 17, 1992. Hattori went dressed in a tuxedo in imitation of John Travolta from Saturday Night Fever. Upon their arrival in the quiet working-class neighborhood where the party was held, the boys mistook the Peairses' residence for their intended destination due to the similarity of the address and the Halloween decorations on the outside of the house, and proceeded to step out of their car and walk to the front door.[1]

Hattori and Haymaker rang the front doorbell but, seemingly receiving no response, began to walk back to their car. Meanwhile, inside the house, their arrival had not gone unnoticed. Bonnie Peairs had peered out the side door and saw them. Mrs. Peairs, startled, retreated inside, locked the door, and said to her husband, "Rodney, get your gun." Hattori and Haymaker were walking to their car when the carport door was opened again, this time by Mr. Peairs. He was armed with a loaded and cocked .44 magnum revolver. He pointed it at Hattori, and yelled "Freeze." Simultaneously, Hattori, likely thinking he said "please", stepped back towards the house, saying "We're here for the party." Haymaker, seeing the weapon, shouted after Hattori, but Peairs fired his weapon at point blank range at Hattori, hitting him in the chest, and then ran back inside.[2] Haymaker rushed to Hattori, badly wounded and lying where he fell, on his back. Haymaker ran to the home next door to the Peairses' house for help. Neither Mr. Peairs nor his wife came out of their house until the police arrived, about 40 minutes after the shooting. Mrs. Peairs shouted to a neighbor to "go away" when the neighbor called for help. One of the Peairses' children later told police that her mother asked, "Why did you shoot him?"

The shot had pierced the upper and lower lobes of Hattori's left lung, and exited through the area of the seventh rib; he died in the ambulance minutes later, from loss of blood.[3]..."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#828258 Dec 24, 2012
Pope gives special holiday hate speech against gays because it's Christmas

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/24/1173...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#828259 Dec 24, 2012
The story behind Mitt Romney’s loss in the presidential campaign to President Obama

He was about to concede around 11:15 p.m when Republican strategist Karl Rove made his now-infamous appearance on Fox News Channel, insisting that his own network was wrong in calling Ohio for the president.

The concession call was canceled, followed by an hour of uncertainty. Then, after Fox ­executives dismissed Rove’s concerns and stood by the network’s projection, Romney said: Call the president.

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/2012/pres...

nuff said.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#828260 Dec 24, 2012
And a little humor because a smile couldn't hurt.

http://now.msn.com/bathroom-stall-jokes-disco...

Bathroom stall graffiti.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#828261 Dec 24, 2012
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems good enough for you when it comes to being truthful and logical, old goober. Hmmm....
You can't keep dodging the question Cindy/Nostrils/waxnut/goober/e t.al. I'm going to expose you for the phony hypocrite you are by asking this same question until you answer it:

The bolt action 30.06 is probably the most common deer rifle used almost exclusively to kill defenseless deer. Should it be banned?

Some of your conservative homies are starting to think you're a RINO. I think you're just an insecure coward.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#828263 Dec 24, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Police often are criminals. Even if not "criminal" they are often abusive.
Federal law enforcement is likely to become the Obama Gestapo, with Holder playing the role of Heinrich Himmler.
Your rignt, the useful Idiots here in the United States that want the guns collected & banned by the State(Federal Government) dont & have no understanding of what a totalitarian state or Totalitarianism is and Totalitarianism will be the start & next step US Society will take if the State(Federal Government) exceeds in their attempt to collect & ban guns in any form & design.

Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system where the state holds total authority over the society and seeks to control all aspects of public and private life wherever necessary.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#828264 Dec 24, 2012

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#828265 Dec 24, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't keep dodging the question Cindy/Nostrils/waxnut/goober/e t.al. I'm going to expose you for the phony hypocrite you are by asking this same question until you answer it:
The bolt action 30.06 is probably the most common deer rifle used almost exclusively to kill defenseless deer. Should it be banned?
Some of your conservative homies are starting to think you're a RINO. I think you're just an insecure coward.
First of all, I didn't dodge any questions. You did. Secondly, why would I continue to discuss anything with a weasel and liar like you? You're just doing what you do. Make a false scenario and then be a broken record. You are one strange agent.

Libturd on, man!

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#828266 Dec 24, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Good cops, bad cops, good security firms, bad security firms...people are people...theres good and bad in any "sector". Extortion, blackmail,"framing" and any other immoral behavior is not subjective to any one particular occupation.
In myhumbleO, what it would all boil down to, would be initiating pay rates according to the levels, degrees and ranks of duty...as it always does.
Demanding schools have written and verifiable disaster plans in place and practice, and maintain good security practices every day, should be a part of ALL school curriculums as well, where not already.
Speaking of-see where the OWS law breakers, trespassers and other type criminally mis-behaviored, are now trying to sue the city of L.A.?
Such a disrespectful of others anything and the CIVIL laws of this nation bunch!
SHAME on THOSE types. Bunch of anarchial thugs.
There really is no such thing as a good cop, only one who is a little less bad than the worst of them. As long as they, the good ones, turn a blind eye on what the worst ones are doing then they are just as guilty as the perpetrators are. I've seen first hand how a chief allowed his officers to steal evidence from an evidence room and beat prisoners who were already cuffed. I don't consider that chief as "benign".

Chicago Thugtown

#828267 Dec 24, 2012
Who's Cindy, paranoid freak? She must be new. Do you also think they are coming to take you away? Baaawwwaaahhhh!!!!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#828268 Dec 24, 2012
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I didn't dodge any questions. You did. Secondly, why would I continue to discuss anything with a weasel and liar like you? You're just doing what you do. Make a false scenario and then be a broken record. You are one strange agent.
Libturd on, man!

Yes or No, coward?

Location hidden

#828269 Dec 24, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Would *YOU* tolerate working alongside Adam Lanza every week? Would *YOU* extend credit to him?
I have worked alongside the wackos who refuse to take their medicine and when I complained to the company and the union about their frightening behavior, I'm told that they have "rights".
If a bank knew that the Adam Lanzas in this world had a high probability of flipping out, killing and committing suicide, it would be proper and fitting that those individuals be denied credit. If you don't like it then *YOU* extend them credit and *YOU* give them a job in your office next to *YOU* desk, Jerk.
Have a lousy Christmas, Killer.
Having already been diagnosed as having autism should have made Adam easier to deal with, IOWs, he shouldn't have been overstimulated. I understand that his mom didn't want him to be zombified with drugs, originally, but it would have been less traumatic for everyone if he'd had some kind mood balancing drugs inside him.

The sad part is that labeling a kid causes them more stress, ergo making it more important to get some kind of treatment. How do we treat without causing some kind of underlying resentment and desire to "act out"? Relying on the government for answers and/or legislation may end up being a two-edged sword that would compel more parents to home school and isolate their kids like Adam's mom did. It's a conundrum befitting The Brave New World, IOWs, if we're all sedated nobody loses a kid at school, but nobody ever rises above that mental fog to create the cure for cancer.

Location hidden

#828270 Dec 24, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>If state-sponsored and mandated instrumental rape isn't invasive micro-managing government, I don't know what the hell is. Get off your high horse, you raging hypocrite.
WTF are you ranting about now?

Location hidden

#828271 Dec 24, 2012
Never mind answering that now. I'm hitting the mall and the spa as soon as the dryer quits.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#828272 Dec 24, 2012
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dolt.
"Old Crazy Goober"
What in the hell are you doing on this thread? "old raider" just posted he ran you off. Did he lie again?
Peace
Merry Christmas
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#828273 Dec 24, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly wouldnt have shot the kid, but the shooter WAS acquitted of all criminal charges. Life is full of risks, and one of those risks is making sure you know what you are doing before you have the unfortunate necessity to pull a trigger. I personally carry a taser (as well as a firearm) in order to cover all bases of defensive escalation. I wouldnt need either for an unarmed, 130lb teenager though.....
Well, apparently such an attitude isn't carried by all.

I don't believe the shooter should have been cleared, especially since they did not render aid AFTER the incident. In fact, I can't understand how the verdict was arrived at.

But I have heard that LA is one of the most corrupt places and people even go out of their way when driving to avoid the state altogether.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#828274 Dec 24, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing in the Constitution that gives individuals the right to own guns. Even Attorney General Eric Holder, the highest ranking law enforcement officer in the country, says so. That's good enough for me.
"nobama 2012"
Obviously you have not read the portion of the constitution which refers to the right to bear arms. Obviously you are not very bright. Please post a Supreme Court decision which says American's do not have the right to own a firearm. eric holder is a gun runner, ask the parents of the US Border agent who was murdered by a gun that was a part of holder's Fast and Furious program.
Peace
KMA

Chicago Thugtown

#828275 Dec 24, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Old Crazy Goober"
What in the hell are you doing on this thread? "old raider" just posted he ran you off. Did he lie again?
Peace
Merry Christmas
Aw shucks Eed, I forgot to leave I was shaking in my boots so bad! LOL!

Yes, you got it. He has been on a real bender lying this time (again). I enjoyed his question to Carol here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/who/barack-obama/T...

When I pointed out the Marine "declared" his rifle upon entering the country, the weasel would not respond - typical lib M.O.

Why we even bother with these idiots makes me realize why we really only use this site occasionally (but there live here).

In any case, I had fun goosing the dummy and really enjoyed getting the hypocrite to go off on dem!!!! That was hilarious!!!

I always enjoy your posts Eed. Merry Christmas to you too!

Enjoy!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#828276 Dec 24, 2012
Police: Western NY gunman dead; firefighters were victims of a trap

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/police-western...

Two firefighters dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sin City is in the Streets of Chicago. Where i... 1 hr Culture Auditor 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr well 49,521
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,549
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr gcaveman1 46,390
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 69,109
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr the wandering girl 4,681
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr andet1987 4,669
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr RACE 97,985
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••