Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#827910 Dec 23, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
There were red flags with the Columbine shooters that were ignored.
Students even reported violent emails sent to them by one of the shooters which were ignored.
Colorado now has a heightened awareness policy. Among them:
Schools should work to change the "code of silence" by emphasizing to students, teachers and parents that violent threats are never appropriate and should be taken seriously.
School districts should establish anonymous reporting hot lines or similar systems.
Colorado schools should adopt one or more bullying-prevention programs and adopt a code of behavior, then ensure that the code is enforced fairly.
...The Newtown shooter needed intervention long before the tragedy.
We have to change the complacency about mental health intervention as well as instill a heightened awareness among students and parents to prove any threatening or even disturbing behaviors anonomously.
Dream on babe__what you're talking about is unwinding HIPPA and that will not happen in your lifetime. Think about it, when you put someones name on a government registry for mental/emotional problems/diagnoses you in effect destroy that persons life. Who makes that decision? Will there be a second or third opinion option? Who pays for the medical evaluations?

It's another expensive government growing intrusion that targets the wrong people for 99.9% of the citizens that would wind up on such a list would likely never attempt to purchase any sort of weapon.

The Newtown shooter didn't attend school, the only person who observed him on a daily basis was his mother who "obviously" didn't consider him a potential mass murderer. There was a lot of money coming into that household, her alimony schedule for 2012 alone was for $289,000 and we don't know whether dad was sending Adam money.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#827911 Dec 23, 2012
Merry Christmas, everyone. Enjoy your family and friends. Celebrate. Give something to someone in need, even if it is just a little of your time.
The greatest gifts are those given anonymously. That is the true measure of the goodness of a person.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#827914 Dec 23, 2012
When I was in prison my nickname was tosser.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#827915 Dec 23, 2012
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- A dentist acted legally when he fired an assistant that he found attractive simply because he and his wife viewed the woman as a threat to their marriage, the all-male Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday.

The court ruled 7-0 that bosses can fire employees they see as an "irresistible attraction," even if the employees have not engaged in flirtatious behavior or otherwise done anything wrong. Such firings may be unfair, but they are not unlawful discrimination under the Iowa Civil Rights Act because they are motivated by feelings and emotions, not gender, Justice Edward Mansfield wrote.

An attorney for Fort Dodge dentist James Knight said the decision, the first of its kind in Iowa, is a victory for family values because Knight fired Melissa Nelson in the interest of saving his marriage, not because she was a woman.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/boss...

This has to be the dumbest thing I've heard in awhile! Sounds like Sharia Law.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#827916 Dec 23, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
O'Reilly brought attention to the story when the parents finally went to the media for help. Carney was asked by the media at a press conference what this administration was doing, and Carney didn't even know who he was - three months after the Marine had been in prison and the parents had pleaded to the government for help.
Just curious, what do you think should be done to a Mexican that smuggled a gun into the USA?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#827917 Dec 23, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Dream on babe__what you're talking about is unwinding HIPPA and that will not happen in your lifetime. Think about it, when you put someones name on a government registry for mental/emotional problems/diagnoses you in effect destroy that persons life. Who makes that decision? Will there be a second or third opinion option? Who pays for the medical evaluations?
It's another expensive government growing intrusion that targets the wrong people for 99.9% of the citizens that would wind up on such a list would likely never attempt to purchase any sort of weapon.
The Newtown shooter didn't attend school, the only person who observed him on a daily basis was his mother who "obviously" didn't consider him a potential mass murderer. There was a lot of money coming into that household, her alimony schedule for 2012 alone was for $289,000 and we don't know whether dad was sending Adam money.
We don't know if he was being treated by a psychiatrist or not; he may have been on meds and stopped taking them; she did go away to New Hampshire for 2 days, seems as though that's when he planned his rampage. Nevertheless, if the accounts are true that he attempted to purchase a gun at Dicks and attempted to obtain a permit and was turned down, it would appear that the guns were probably locked up but he found a way to get them. The bottom line is that if she did not have those guns, this may have not happened.
He may have killed her by other means and himself and 20 kids would be alive as well as the teachers.
Get rid of the weapons.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#827918 Dec 23, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, what do you think should be done to a Mexican that smuggled a gun into the USA?
Good one!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#827919 Dec 23, 2012
whooyaa wrote:
<quoted text>
You calling someone illiterate?? LOL, that's funny coming from who's comprehension is on an elementary level
You do realize you wrote "who is comprehension is on an elementary level" while calling someone else illiterate, don't you?(Tricycle tribe comes a' pedaling out of the sock drawer...)
Tawana

Edison, NJ

#827920 Dec 23, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It wishes (and dreams) it was, but its just another broken-down old cracker rolling around in a squeaky wheelchair. In this case, its his azz that gets the grease (not the squeaky wheel).....
I be's hatin da crackas.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/brawley...

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#827921 Dec 23, 2012
flack wrote:
The biggest problem I see is that you people who want to ban 'assault' weapons don't have a clue about weapons in the first p[lace.
Any rifle that isn't a lever action or bolt action SHOULD be defined as an assault rifle. That was easy, problem solved.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#827922 Dec 23, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Basically sonic you just stated what I've been saying all along, but when a college professor says it , everybody's ears turn into antennas. Now they find sense where in my case there was none. Society needs to stop making excuses for white males that commit these horrific crimes of insanity. Their parents need to take responsibility alot earlier in their lives. They needs to be taught responsibility & the consequences of their actions before their reach the age where nothing anyone says can reach them. Before their disassociation urges them to choose infamy over fame. It's sad when mass murder is the only way someone can feel relevant coming from a privileged background.
Would you be in favor of corporal punishment by parents and teachers? What are meaningful and effective consequences?
Should people with children have guns in the home?
One thing that is a given; if there are guns in the home; kids always find them, they have that gun radar somehow. Another 3 year old found a gun the other day and shot himself. Happens every day.
The man who brought his 7 year old son with him to sell his guns at a gunstore, accidently shot his son in the chest and killed him.
It's just awful. To me the answer is to ban guns, although I don't think it will happen
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#827923 Dec 23, 2012
JLD wrote:
<quoted text>Utah State Trooper Lisa Steed, recently honored for making record numbers of DWI arrests, has been fired and is facing a class-action lawsuit by dozens of innocent people who are claiming they were falsely arrested and convicted of DWI. Many of her victims were non-drinkers who were stopped with no probable cause at DWI checkpoints. Evidence shows that scores of breathalyzer and blood test BAC results were inflated and falsely reported by this officer. There is another cop in Chicago facing similar accusations. Having been the victim of a false DWI arrest in North Carolina (whose case was eventually dismissed with an apology from the Court) I'm willing to bet this is a common practice among many cops.
Yes that is and that's very interesting. When there are quota systems there will be those issues. A former chief of police in my town said publicly that his officers weren't writing enough tickets, they weren't meeting their quotas. Then there were cops everywhere harrassing people for nothing; I once got a seatbelt ticket on my residential street as I was pulling out of my driveway! I always wear my seatbelt, and put it on after backing out. I said, are you seriously giving me this ticket? He said, ok I'll give you a warning this time. It's all about revenue. Glad your case got dropped, but how much did it cost you in time, money and aggravation; not to mention getting it off your record?
Also, I am against checkpoints, red light cameras and giving police power to pull people over for seatbelts; it's a way to harrass people.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#827924 Dec 23, 2012
whooyaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry not a jew and who says it should cost 40k a year to house a prisoner??
So you think it's smarter to go after people who are not breaking the law than people who are? LOL, no wonder you voted for obama
Mr. Lapierre said on MTP this morning that if a felon tries to buy a gun and is turned down, then he should be arrested. If a person with mental health issues does, he should be arrested. Is this what you would be in favor of?
Sounds absurd to me and it costs more than $40K a year to imprison someone. Are we going to become a police state and warehouse people morese than we do now? We have more people in prison than all countries in the world combined. It's ridiculous.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#827925 Dec 23, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Basically sonic you just stated what I've been saying all along, but when a college professor says it , everybody's ears turn into antennas. Now they find sense where in my case there was none. Society needs to stop making excuses for white males that commit these horrific crimes of insanity. Their parents need to take responsibility alot earlier in their lives. They needs to be taught responsibility & the consequences of their actions before their reach the age where nothing anyone says can reach them. Before their disassociation urges them to choose infamy over fame. It's sad when mass murder is the only way someone can feel relevant coming from a privileged background.
....white men in this country are taught that they are the masters of their own destiny, and are usually not confronted with the same limitations of possibility that men of color are. When white men fail, an experience our society gives them few resources to confront, they often lash out at those they hold responsible....

http://notesironbound.blogspot.com/2012/12/it...

White Entitlement. A much larger problem than so called 'minority entitlement'.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#827930 Dec 23, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know if he was being treated by a psychiatrist or not; he may have been on meds and stopped taking them; she did go away to New Hampshire for 2 days, seems as though that's when he planned his rampage. Nevertheless, if the accounts are true that he attempted to purchase a gun at Dicks and attempted to obtain a permit and was turned down, it would appear that the guns were probably locked up but he found a way to get them. The bottom line is that if she did not have those guns, this may have not happened.
He may have killed her by other means and himself and 20 kids would be alive as well as the teachers.
Get rid of the weapons.
Maybe we'll learn the entire story and maybe not. Mom trusted the kid alone at home, he had a car, he had attended a nearby college and even had some friends. No one so far has come forward to say that the kid was batshyte crazy and a possible danger to society. If there was a "danger" list as Wayne LaPierre called for, Adam Lanza would not have been on it, nor would have been the Columbine kids, the mutt that shot Giffords or the Aurora shooter who actually knew that he was slipping over the edge but it was much to late for a list.

There are some crazy mofo's posting right here 24/7, claiming to be armed and dangerous, we had one a while back whose registered profile contained death threats against the POTUS.

Congress wont ban these so called assault weapons lily, it's to late, the consumer market is large and too very well established.

What I personally would like to see is a federal ban on off premise sales, in other words no gun shows anywhere, period. Weapons and ammo would be sold only in the buildings where the license lives.

IMO, responsible gun owners would be OK with that___maybe not the gun freaks__fk those bozos__it's long past time to cull that herd.
impeach Congress

Stone Mountain, GA

#827931 Dec 23, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
I agree it's a white problem, & if not for the location of these massacres in mass numbers most of these incidences would've been swept under the rug, but it's not all white people. It's those ones that as you've pinpointed, think they know whats right for everyone else. Maybe I'm ignorant, but for the most part the white people I know from around my way or those that I've met along my travels aree good, honest folks & in the same position as minorities. These white people that look down on other races also look down on these white folks too. I also don't aree with any teacher being armed in any school. Again I maybe naive, but where I'm from these same self entitled white people kids go to our schools with our children. We strive to get our kids into private school & they allow their children to go to public school as they get older just to be cool. There's a kid driving a Lamborghini to the high school in my city. Makes no sense at all. It be those types (basically raised by a nanny & fed from a silver spoon) that grow up to be like their parents or at least think like them. They feel entitled & when things dont go their way, they erupt like a volcano. When you grow up with no discipline, you lack a fear of consequences as an adult. Just my opinion!
I agree. People had better start facing the truth about what is going on and stop the madness. Let's watch Texas where one community has signed up for teachers to be armed. I'll bet you a thousand bucks, that a teacher will be the first one to kill a student there. Then what? Students will arm themselves against teachers? How lovely that will be. Those nuts at the NRA would have to make another brilliant suggestion. Oh I know...let have the Undertaker and a priest on campus to we can have a one stop, shoot em and bury em school depot!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#827932 Dec 23, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
The Obama administration didn't run assault weapons down to Mexico you goddamned liar. Those guns would have gotten there anyway "Fast and Furious" or not. The blame falls on the Bush administration and the Republican dominated congress for not renewing the assault weapons ban and GOP dominated state legislatures like in Arizona that allow pretty much unlimited purchase of the weapons with no questions asked.
You're an idiot!
Petey, your eyes turned brown from all the stuff flowing upward in your body. You're the idiot, and I have my wife's permission to say so.. George Bush hasn't been in the Oval Office for four and a half years. When is Barack Hussein Obama going to step up....
By the way Petey, what is the technical definition for a weapon that shoots more than one round with ONE trigger pull? Come on Petey dazzle us wif your knowledge??

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#827933 Dec 23, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, what do you think should be done to a Mexican that smuggled a gun into the USA?
Did the Mexican declare his antique shotgun upon entering? If he did, then that wouldn't be smuggling, would it? Try to keep your comparisons logical. It makes for a much more inteligent and honest debate.

He is in Brownseville, TX now. Why don't you go ask him about it.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#827935 Dec 23, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Any rifle that isn't a lever action or bolt action SHOULD be defined as an assault rifle. That was easy, problem solved.
Yes, we know already. Any rifle that is like like what you own, should be banned. Why do you keep repeating yourself?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#827936 Dec 23, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe we'll learn the entire story and maybe not. Mom trusted the kid alone at home, he had a car, he had attended a nearby college and even had some friends. No one so far has come forward to say that the kid was batshyte crazy and a possible danger to society. If there was a "danger" list as Wayne LaPierre called for, Adam Lanza would not have been on it, nor would have been the Columbine kids, the mutt that shot Giffords or the Aurora shooter who actually knew that he was slipping over the edge but it was much to late for a list.
There are some crazy mofo's posting right here 24/7, claiming to be armed and dangerous, we had one a while back whose registered profile contained death threats against the POTUS.
Congress wont ban these so called assault weapons lily, it's to late, the consumer market is large and too very well established.
What I personally would like to see is a federal ban on off premise sales, in other words no gun shows anywhere, period. Weapons and ammo would be sold only in the buildings where the license lives.
IMO, responsible gun owners would be OK with that___maybe not the gun freaks__fk those bozos__it's long past time to cull that herd.
Let's see what happens. With the buyback plan; what's to stop the person from buying another gun? Unless they are given vouchers for food instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Some Valid Points 12 min Rest of the story 1
How to make a woman squirtting 34 min GuGu 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 58 min Guru 181,710
im single black hndsome 1 hr ligolyser 1
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 2 hr Silk 81
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr JOEL 70,988
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 9 hr Sublime1 19
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:07 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:07PM
Lions vs. Bears: Breaking Down Detroit's Game Plan
Bleacher Report 5:55 PM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Dallas Cowboys Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
NBC Sports 6:29 PM
Reports: Bears benching Cutler - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 7:26 PM
Trestman May Never Get 2nd Shot After Bears Meltdown
Bleacher Report 7:27 PM
What Are Experts Saying About Detroit?