Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,193)

Showing posts 763,841 - 763,860 of1,073,280
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Earlier this evening, I drove to town for groceries. As I pulled my car into the parking space, I saw a bumper sticker ahead of me saying "Don't like Liberals? Don't listen to the Media". I agreed and smiled to myself. It is comforting to occasionally find yourself in sociopolitical agreement with a stranger. I later stowed the groceries in the trunk and then decided to stop off for a Dairy Queen hamburger. I pulled into the Drive-Thru lane and lo and behold: the car ahead of me also had a bumper sticker. It said "I Don't Listen To Liberal Media". That's TWO inside of an hour!
But it got even more interesting. As I drove home, I turned on the radio to catch some news on NPR. There was a host interviewing two reporters. One was from the NY Times(of course) and the other was, I think, from the Chicago Tribune. Both reporters were lambasting the House Republicans. They both said that Conservatives have lost all definition of "compromise" and said that Obama has been bending over backward to meet them half-way. The NPR host agreed with them. I began screaming at the radio. These three Fellows In Fellatio then began discussing Susan Rice and just what a wonderful choice she would have made for SOS but, again, the Republicans don't understand compromise. They then noted that other Obama choices were afraid that they would become "Riced". The NPR host giggled and said "I like that. Got Riced!". He began using that expression further into their discussion. The MSM has completely dispensed with any pretense regarding their Leftist politics and intentions. And yet, if you call them on it, they instantly raise their hackles and start promoting their image of neutrality. Sickening.
In one short evening, I had witnessed the growing awareness that the common people around me have of Liberal Media's daily propaganda broadcasts. And then, as I drive home, I am exposed to it in all of it's vomiting glory.
The House is acting like it should and I am supporting their efforts like I should.
Republicans should have allowed Susan Rice to slide through to continue the incompetence exhibited by Hillary Clinton.

John Kerry, whatever his faults, is far more competent for this important position than the "equal opportunity" loser Rice.

It's refreshing to see that Obama finally realizes that he needs a few white men in key positions and can staff the meaningless jobs, such as UN Ambassador, with losers like Susan Rice.

How about Al Sharpton for Treasury Secretary?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what it is, whether its gun control, climate change, fiscal cliff or just plain common sense. With some of these righties its the same as talking to a house brick anything you throw at them bounces off, and the ability to absorb current factual information never gets through either.
Going over the fiscal cliff will do far more to address our budget problems than will Obama's vengeful taxation program.

Time for the poor to pull their share of the load.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what it is, whether its gun control, climate change, fiscal cliff or just plain common sense. With some of these righties its the same as talking to a house brick anything you throw at them bounces off, and the ability to absorb current factual information never gets through either.
Darn! We all feel better now that you two geniuses straightened us out!

Baaawwwaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>That many children dying each day at the hands of NRA gun nuts is a travesty. The NRA is a terrorist organization that should be outlawed. It is time for President Obama to outlaw the NRA and private ownership of all firearms. Americans are tired of their children being murdered by psychopathic NRA gun nuts.
"nobama 2012"
In order to form a more perfect union, president nobama should;
- Repeal the 1st. amendment
- Repeal the 2nd. amendment
- Repeal the 22nd. amendment
- Outlaw the republican party
- Take away the rights of all who lean to the right
- Repeal all Federal holidays
- Outlaw Fox News
- Outlaw the free expression of speech by O'Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh, etal
- Outlaw all Christian religions
- Reinstate prohibition
- Legalize the possession and use of hard drugs
- Encourage more abortions/murder
- Make it the law of the land that gay marriage is legal, fuckthe will of the several states
Fortunately president nobama can do none of the above. Live with it loser.
Peace
KMA
AmericanMan

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if you weren't ignorant of events in American history, they were removing from power a head of state at war with the United States who was also in violation of 18 UN resolutions.
Bush43 ordered the Armed Forces of the United States to remove Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
Something else you pretend to be ignorant of, it didn't matter where we went to fight the war they started in their backyard. Wherever we went, the Arab jihad was going to go there and fight us.
The 4000 Americans you referenced killed died crushing the Arab jihad that went to Iraq to fight us, who also were the same Arab jihad that started a war with the United States by murdering 3000 innocent Americans here in our own goddam country.
... another mission accomplished.
Really??? When did Iraq plan on attacking America? You do know there were never any Al-Qaeda in Iraq before 2003.
AmericanMan

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Going over the fiscal cliff will do far more to address our budget problems than will Obama's vengeful taxation program.
Time for the poor to pull their share of the load.
You do have a point. Tine for the US to cut $500 billion out of the military. 4% of the worlds population but spending more than the next 10 nations combined.
The Richest 400 people in the US have more wealth than the first 150 million Americans. Time for them to pull the load and go back to the 1996 tax rates instead of the 18% average tax rate they paid in 2010. 6 of them paid NO taxes.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nobama 2012"
In order to form a more perfect union, president nobama should;
- Repeal the 1st. amendment
- Repeal the 2nd. amendment
- Repeal the 22nd. amendment
- Outlaw the republican party
- Take away the rights of all who lean to the right
- Repeal all Federal holidays
- Outlaw Fox News
- Outlaw the free expression of speech by O'Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh, etal
- Outlaw all Christian religions
- Reinstate prohibition
- Legalize the possession and use of hard drugs
- Encourage more abortions/murder
- Make it the law of the land that gay marriage is legal, fuckthe will of the several states
Fortunately president nobama can do none of the above. Live with it loser.
Peace
KMA
Better yet, repeal the 13th Amendment and put Obama 2016 back on the plantation.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

NRA Leader Wayne LaPierre's Much-Criticized Sandy Hook Speech Was Actually Quite Effective

Spend enough time dipping into the post-game reaction of NRA leader Wayne LaPierre's press conference today -- staged and performed as the organization's first public statement since the tragic school shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.-- and you'll likely run up on any number of people who'll tell you the LaPierre's presentation (which included calls for more guns in schools and greater restrictions on video games) was tone-deaf or ineffective or out-of-touch or a failure.

Those critics are wrong. LaPierre's presentation was terrifically effective.

Granted, if you believe that what LaPierre was trying to do today was to sincerely join in a national conversation over school shootings, or offer a coherent set of preventative policy options, or even just demonstrate some baseline sensitivity for the lives that were lost, it is easy to see why you'd deem LaPierre's press conference to be an ineffective, tone-deaf failure. But what you should remember that the National Rifle Association does not exist to offier sensible public policy or participate in conversations or pretend to be sensitive about tragedies. The National Rifle Association exists to assist the manufacturers of guns and gun-related accoutrements in selling guns and gun-related accoutrements to people. That is their job, summed up, in its entirety.

The NRA are lobbyists who represent a bunch of gun retailers, and this is what lobbyists do -- they help their clients sell their products. And every action that LaPierre took today can and should be viewed through that prism.

......Wayne LaPierre did not go out in front of reporters in a sincere attempt to mount a policy argument or craft a solution or engender warm feelings from his critics. Today was about synergy. Wayne LaPierre went out in front of reporters because he knew it was time to leverage the Sandy Hook shooting into a unique, sales-boosting opportunity for the industry he represents.

And what's going on in Connecticut today?

Scott Carney @sgcarney

I'm at a gun shop thirty minutes away from Newtown CT. This place is packed. Ppl worried guns will be illegal so they are stocking up
21 Dec 12

So, you maybe didn't notice, but today was a good day for Wayne LaPierre.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/nra-...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>You do have a point. Tine for the US to cut $500 billion out of the military. 4% of the worlds population but spending more than the next 10 nations combined.
The Richest 400 people in the US have more wealth than the first 150 million Americans. Time for them to pull the load and go back to the 1996 tax rates instead of the 18% average tax rate they paid in 2010. 6 of them paid NO taxes.
Cutting the defense budget will put tens of thousands of highly-paid union workers in defense industries on unemployment. Loyal Democrats. Time for them to share the load as well.

One huge problem with the Obama tax revenge plan is that it targets successful working people, not the truly wealthy.

The budget deficit must be addressed, by any means necessary.

If you want more taxes from me, you can pay more as well.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>You do have a point. Tine for the US to cut $500 billion out of the military. 4% of the worlds population but spending more than the next 10 nations combined.
If the US cuts its military budget, who will be left to overthrow dictators like Khaddafi, Mubarak, and Assad?

Not that we should be interfering as Obama has.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
NRA Leader Wayne LaPierre's Much-Criticized Sandy Hook Speech Was Actually Quite Effective
Spend enough time dipping into the post-game reaction of NRA leader Wayne LaPierre's press conference today -- staged and performed as the organization's first public statement since the tragic school shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.-- and you'll likely run up on any number of people who'll tell you the LaPierre's presentation (which included calls for more guns in schools and greater restrictions on video games) was tone-deaf or ineffective or out-of-touch or a failure.
Granted, if you believe that what LaPierre was trying to do today was to sincerely join in a national conversation over school shootings, or offer a coherent set of preventative policy options, or even just demonstrate some baseline sensitivity for the lives that were lost, it is easy to see why you'd deem LaPierre's press conference to be an ineffective, tone-deaf failure. But what you should remember that the National Rifle Association does not exist to offier sensible public policy or participate in conversations or pretend to be sensitive about tragedies. The National Rifle Association exists to assist the manufacturers of guns and gun-related accoutrements in selling guns and gun-related accoutrements to people. That is their job, summed up, in its entirety.
The NRA are lobbyists who represent a bunch of gun retailers, and this is what lobbyists do -- they help their clients sell their products. And every action that LaPierre took today can and should be viewed through that prism.
......Wayne LaPierre did not go out in front of reporters in a sincere attempt to mount a policy argument or craft a solution or engender warm feelings from his critics. Today was about synergy. Wayne LaPierre went out in front of reporters because he knew it was time to leverage the Sandy Hook shooting into a unique, sales-boosting opportunity for the industry he represents.
Scott Carney @sgcarney
I'm at a gun shop thirty minutes away from Newtown CT. This place is packed. Ppl worried guns will be illegal so they are stocking up
21 Dec 12
Diverting attention from the US debt crisis to trivial issues like gun control is typical of Obama's inability to deal with important issues.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Scott Carney @sgcarney
21 Dec 12
Obama's war on guns will be even less successful than the war on drugs.

Obama's war on guns may save the Republican Party from its own stupidity. All they need to do is sit back and let Obama dig himself a hole. All those folks buying guns are voters, and many of them are Democrats.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Do you mean the exact same things Bill Clinton said? I never heard you call Bill Clinton a liar when he bombed Iraq.
By the way, do you know who was responsible for the US-acquired intelligence on Iraq's WMD program? Who was the person feeding fraudulent intelligence to both Bill Clinton and Bush43?
Valerie Plame.
ROFLMAO.
Valerie Plame was a Washington party girl who liked to impress others by claiming to be a CIA agent.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Another housing bubble in the making?

Democrats will blame George Bush when the crash occurs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-house-...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

NICOLA SIX wrote:
uH, as SOME will tell you ... I've just had half a bottle of ... something or other. I'm somewhere in da 'Sip, you must forgive me.
Eighty miles outta Memphis, and I got no spare ...
Drive carefully...or stop and finish the bottle.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
"Classic!" - Homer
"Brilliant!" - Rolling Stone
"Pure Genius!" - Conservative Weekly
are you and leo screwing...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

NICOLA SIX wrote:
<quoted text>
Another flash of wisdom Mr. Galt! I salute you. As most some tell you, I'm a miner for a heart of gold, and I'm getting old.
Nicolas Six???????
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicolas Six???????
If you can translate, give it a try.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Diverting attention from the US debt crisis to trivial issues like gun control is typical of Obama's inability to deal with important issues.
i'm sure you've seen the comments made by the Tea Party caucus about their support for the highly competent Speaker Of the House.

quick!! divert!!

lol
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's war on guns will be even less successful than the war on drugs.
Obama's war on guns may save the Republican Party from its own stupidity. All they need to do is sit back and let Obama dig himself a hole. All those folks buying guns are voters, and many of them are Democrats.
seeing as how he 'started' that 'war' 4 years ago, i'd say he already sucks at it.

or is there some leap of faith conspiracy that an intelligent mind would never see that i should be unaware of?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 763,841 - 763,860 of1,073,280
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,785
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 21 min the plain truth 1,833
St. Vincent DePaul Store Thrift Store Moving to... 3 hr IsBerkotsCheaperthanJewel 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Norton 48,701
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr No Warming 45,601
This is a great ad. 5 hr Harold B Alls 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr voice of peace 67,553
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••