Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#827375 Dec 22, 2012
Praise, Blame, Despair: Right-Wing Media Can't Decide How To Feel About Boehner's Failed Plan B

Right-wing media have inconsistently responded to House Speaker John Boehner's (R-OH) failed attempt to pass his proposed "Plan B" to resolve the so-called "fiscal cliff" standoff, including praising conservative Republicans who opposed the measure, expressing regret that the measure didn't pass, questioning the viability of Boehner's speakership, and blaming President Obama for the plan's failure, despite Obama's concessions to the GOP.

http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/12/21/p...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#827377 Dec 22, 2012
U.S. Shooting Deaths Since Sandy Hook Top 100

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/us-s...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#827380 Dec 22, 2012
Boehner’s “Plan B” Doesn’t Help the GOP

Scott Rasmussen

President Obama and congressional Democrats are still winning the messaging battle in the debate over the impending “fiscal cliff.”

Republican House Speaker John Boehner tried to change that with a fallback position extending tax cuts for everyone except those making more than a million dollars a year and letting the scheduled spending cuts go through. As I write this, the vote on Boehner’s “Plan B” has not been taken, but it doesn’t really matter. Either way, Republicans will end up as losers in the court of public opinion.

That’s true even though raising taxes on millionaires is supported by 62 percent of voters nationwide. Boehner’s plan fails to accomplish the speaker’s goal of showing that Republicans are willing to raise taxes on the rich, however.

Why? Because 59 percent of voters also want to see taxes raised on those who earn more than $250,000 a year. In other words, the president can continue his rhetoric unchanged, and people still will side with Obama over Boehner.

http://www.rightwingnews.com/column-2/boehner...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#827382 Dec 22, 2012
What Americans Should Learn From the 'Republican Apocalypse'

What may finally consume the House Republicans is their boundless contempt for the American public -- a contempt bluntly demonstrated in their refusal to consider any reasonable compromise with President Obama to avoid the so-called "fiscal cliff" on Dec. 31. They know from the election results (and every poll) that the public believes taxes should be raised on the wealthy. They know that the public wants bipartisan compromise. And they know that the approval rating of the House Republicans, in contrast to the president's upwardly trending numbers, are veering toward historic lows.

Moreover, they claim to believe that the major tax hikes and spending cuts that will occur on Jan. 1, if negotiations fail, will be ruinous for the American and perhaps the world economy.(And never mind that this concern validates Keynesian economics, flatly contradicting their professed ideology.) Failure to achieve a deal may result in a renewed recession or worse.

Yet the majority of Republican members adhere so blindly to their far-right ideology that on Thursday evening, they humiliated their own leadership by refusing to support Speaker John Boehner's "Plan B" -- and effectively scuttled negotiations between the House leadership and the White House. Boehner thought a bill to increase taxes only on households earning more than $1 million annually would pass the House, as Majority Leader Eric Cantor confidently announced. "We're going to have the votes," he said on Thursday afternoon. Several hours later the House leaders cancelled the roll call on the tax bill, admitting that they didn't have the votes.

This embarrassing episode -- the "Mayan Apocalypse" of the Republicans Party -- demonstrates again why they are unfit for the responsibilities of national office.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#827385 Dec 22, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Dull Dave again. You really are mentally-challenged, arent you? You have NO problem walking past armed security guards almost everywhere on the planet, yet you balk at allowing the same protections for kids. I am assuming you like to see children cowering under their desks while they wait their turn to be slaughtered.
Take my above advice to dem & dribble, and end it.....
So you are too stupid to know that a guard with a pistol is no match for a gunman with an assault-like rifle with a 200 round magazine.
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#827388 Dec 22, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are too stupid to know that a guard with a pistol is no match for a gunman with an assault-like rifle with a 200 round magazine.
Show us a two hundred round clip , I have asked this of you before , you can't just more leftist exageration and out right lies .
ROY ROGERS

Russia

#827390 Dec 22, 2012
BOY OH BOY! WHENEVER I WANT TO RELAX AND ENJOY MYSELF THE FIRST PLACE I THINK OF IS THE DESERT! YESSIR, EVER SINCE TRIGGER DIED AND FUCKIN' DALE BECAME MORE OF A CHORE THAN A PLEASURE, I'VE FELT THE NEED TO.. SORT OF, GET AWAY FROM IT ALL... I WAS THINKIN', "ROY, YOU SHOULD MOVE TO THE KALAHARI OR SOMEPLACE, SOMEPLACE A MAN CAN ROAM FREE... LISTEN TO HIS OWN THOUGHTS... FREE HIMSELF FROM THE RIGORS OF FAME AND FORTUNE... KINDA MAKES ME WANT TO BUST OUT IN SONG!...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#827391 Dec 22, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> It's 1 thing to be sarcastic & have history & fact behind you. It's another to be sarcastic & dumb, def, & blind... Oh did I mention ignorant? The bible does speak on aliens numerous times. It's evident you haven't read it. All through the torah. From God saying that humans are his greatest creation to a chariot of fire descending from the sky. In every religion, they speak of aliens in one form another. Most peoples problem with the biblical/alien thing is trying to differentiate fallen angels & aliens. Genesis 6;4 states not in these words that angels fell from heaven, & dicided to lay with women & in doing so had babies in which they call the nephilim. A race of giants by my understanding whom we call the greek gods. Point is read & research before you judge someone by their faiths & beliefs.
Correction: Some insane people like to read aliens into scripture.

Big difference.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#827392 Dec 22, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Show us a two hundred round clip , I have asked this of you before , you can't just more leftist exageration and out right lies .

“Me pack a gon”

Since: Aug 12

Chico, CA

#827395 Dec 22, 2012
oh boo hoo hoo me fellow Mehicoon Señor Meet Romnee deed no ween. oh boo hoo hoo.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#827396 Dec 22, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Show us a two hundred round clip , I have asked this of you before , you can't just more leftist exageration and out right lies .
&fe ature=endscreen&NR=1

“See how you are?”

Earth

#827397 Dec 22, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
ROY ROGERS

Russia

#827400 Dec 22, 2012
OOOOOOOOOO...
GIVE ME LAND, LOTSA LAND AND THE STARRY SKIES ABOVE,
AT THE HOLIDAY INN
IN A BAND, TAKE A STAND, BE A MAN OF WEALTH AND LOVE,
AT THE HOLIDAY INN...
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#827401 Dec 22, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5yqZWcRuoXkXX
Unless obama orders troops to start shooting kids at our schools that clip will never be used on school grounds, you are just trying to be a smart ass , leftist prick.
ROY ROGERS

Russia

#827402 Dec 22, 2012
LUKIE DINESEN wrote:
I had a faaaahhhhm in AHHHH-frica, at the foot of the Ngong Hills ....
WANT ME TO WASH YOUR HAIR OR ANYTHING? I FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW MY SENSITIVE SIDE...
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#827406 Dec 22, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>There has never been a war fought over slavery , statws rights yes but not slavery .
Yeranass.
What 'rights' were the southern states fighting for, hmmm?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#827407 Dec 22, 2012
Liberals/Democrats irrational approach to gun control hasn’t work!! The Liberals over reaction to CT tragedy has created a more dangerous environment!! Since Liberals/Democrats has attack Guns, NRA gun sales has Skyrocketed, Gun Supplier Sells 3.5 Years’ Worth of Magazines -- in Just 3 Days!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#827408 Dec 22, 2012
Anyone that doesn't believe that Waxnuts/Nostralfuk/goober/Jimm y/et.al. isn't posting under multiple log-ins should look at Page 38,392. This insecure moron was going so fast that he accidently gave Obama2016 the same cluster of positive Judge-its by mistake twice! What are the odds of ten different right wing morons making the same mistake simultaneously? This is hilarious.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#827409 Dec 22, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zDVTJhn05OQXX&feature=end screen&NR=1
That was good, thanks.
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#827410 Dec 22, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
It's time to put my leathers on and get out on the roads given to me by people who fought, killed and died for the Constitution and the American way of capitalist life. It's a good thing to do after working for a living all week and making myself self-reliant.
By the way, have you noticed that people in California not working refuse to work on farms?
I've got a suggestion. Let them work or starve. Let's see how many people sit on their lazy ass and demand welfare when it won't be coming. I'm betting most of them will get off their ass and start working.
... and they won't be voting for Obama next time. After all, he promised they could sit on their ass their entire lives.
Really?
I'd be interested to know when he promised that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
koi meri paryshani door kar sakta ha ?? 30 min Wish 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min Lesser of Two Evils 49,347
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 56 min L Morales 71,264
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr Roxie Darling 1,537
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Learn to Read 182,146
laptop online shopping singapore 1 hr Tan 1
Triple Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr boundary painter 968
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News