Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#827366 Dec 22, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Down from what? If you look at the statistics for just the city of Chicago, they murder as many people in just that one city as are killed in a full-scale war. I've got a solution to that problem....
Train dogs to detect firearms. Patrol the streets where most of the killing is happening of Chicago with those dogs. Arrest any person found to be carrying an illegal gun. If that gun was stolen, send that person to prison.
Problem solved.
What's wrong with this solution to the problem of Chicago stacking corpses to the rafters in the morgue every goddam weekend?
Houston's murder rate is only 4 down the list from Chicago's, and Dallas a little behind that. "Think globally, act locally" and then you can move on to Louisiana...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_ci...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#827371 Dec 22, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is lack of knowledge. I have knowledge of how many people are murdered in Chicago. Lying is speaking other than what you know to be true.
You are a liar.
You know, like everyone in the entire Obama administration is a liar. That has been proven over and over.
Now, stop running away.
The over/under for the number of murders in Chicago over the Christmas weekend is 20, the same as the number of children killed in Connecticutt. Will there be more, or fewer murders in Chicago over the Christmas weekend than the number of children killed in Connecticutt?
What do you choose? Over or under?
And, since you live in Chicago, you can tell us who wins the lottery.
The good news is that the guns will be taken off the streets of Chicago, as well as from your trailer!!

Isn't Obama wonderful in his wisdom!!

He will reshape th eSupreme Court, and sanity will return to our gun laws.

As Chief Jusrtice Burger said:

"The idea that the Second Amendment guarantees the right of an individual to own a gun is a "fraud" according to the late Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger."

Two more appointments to the SC will mold it as a liberal hedge for a generation.

Elections have consequences.

Your stupidity has consequences, too.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#827372 Dec 22, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
Here comes the fiscal cliff.
Happy New Year.
I'm satisfied. We finally have a bipartisan agreement put into action.
It was bipartisan agreements you wanted, right?
Well, you got what you wanted.
... grow up.
Between the humiliating and chaotic collapse of Speaker Boehner's already ludicrously extreme Plan B and Wayne La Pierre's deranged proposal to put government agents in schools with guns, the Republican slide into total epistemic closure and political marginalization has now become a free-fall. This party, not to mince words, is unfit for government. There is no conservative party in the West - except for minor anti-immigrant neo-fascist ones in Europe - anywhere close to this level of far right extremism. And now the damage these fanatics can do is not just to their own country - was the debt ceiling debacle of 2011 not enough for them?- but to the entire world.

Those of us who have warned for years about this disturbing trend toward ever more extreme measures - backing torture, pre-emptive un-budgeted wars, out-of-control spending followed, like a frantic mood swing, by anti-spending absolutism of the most insane variety in a steep recession, vicious hostility to illegal immigrants, contempt for gay couples, hostility even to contraception, let alone a middle ground on abortion ... well, you know it all by now.

But the current constitutional and economic vandalism removes any shred of doubt that this party and its lucrative media bubble is in any way conservative. They aren't. They're ideological zealots, indifferent to the consequences of their actions, contemptuous of the very to-and-fro essential for the American system to work, gerry-mandering to thwart the popular will, filibustering in a way that all but wrecks the core mechanics of American democracy, and now willing to acquiesce to the biggest tax increase imaginable because they cannot even accept Obama's compromise from his clear campaign promise to raise rates for those earning over $250,000 to $400,000 a year.

And this is not the exception. It is the rule.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/...

wouldn't it be nice for you if you could go to anywhere but a far right wing site and find anyone talking the way you do?

so no one should get worked up about your minority rhetoric. it will never ever find a national stage, and your repetitive showing of your anger and frustration just signals that you are well aware of that fact.
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#827374 Dec 22, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the American voters called you a 'nutjob' and rejected your ignorance in the last election.
You've proven it with your crazy rant above.
For a weak leader, you sure are scared shitless of him!!
That means he's doing a fine job!!
And you're right!! He will fundamentally change the nation. With Obamacare the law of the land, he already has!!
More to come. When a Federal Agent comes to your door to collect your guns, you'll hand them over peacefully, looking at the .50 caliber on the armored vehicle aimed right at your house.
Or, you can sacrifice your family, resist and go down a traitor.
After all, Obama bought all that ammo for something, didn't he??
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I know it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy but it is not gonna happen , it would cause war in the streets in washington first and spread like wild fire .
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#827375 Dec 22, 2012
Praise, Blame, Despair: Right-Wing Media Can't Decide How To Feel About Boehner's Failed Plan B

Right-wing media have inconsistently responded to House Speaker John Boehner's (R-OH) failed attempt to pass his proposed "Plan B" to resolve the so-called "fiscal cliff" standoff, including praising conservative Republicans who opposed the measure, expressing regret that the measure didn't pass, questioning the viability of Boehner's speakership, and blaming President Obama for the plan's failure, despite Obama's concessions to the GOP.

http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/12/21/p...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#827377 Dec 22, 2012
U.S. Shooting Deaths Since Sandy Hook Top 100

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/us-s...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#827380 Dec 22, 2012
Boehner’s “Plan B” Doesn’t Help the GOP

Scott Rasmussen

President Obama and congressional Democrats are still winning the messaging battle in the debate over the impending “fiscal cliff.”

Republican House Speaker John Boehner tried to change that with a fallback position extending tax cuts for everyone except those making more than a million dollars a year and letting the scheduled spending cuts go through. As I write this, the vote on Boehner’s “Plan B” has not been taken, but it doesn’t really matter. Either way, Republicans will end up as losers in the court of public opinion.

That’s true even though raising taxes on millionaires is supported by 62 percent of voters nationwide. Boehner’s plan fails to accomplish the speaker’s goal of showing that Republicans are willing to raise taxes on the rich, however.

Why? Because 59 percent of voters also want to see taxes raised on those who earn more than $250,000 a year. In other words, the president can continue his rhetoric unchanged, and people still will side with Obama over Boehner.

http://www.rightwingnews.com/column-2/boehner...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#827382 Dec 22, 2012
What Americans Should Learn From the 'Republican Apocalypse'

What may finally consume the House Republicans is their boundless contempt for the American public -- a contempt bluntly demonstrated in their refusal to consider any reasonable compromise with President Obama to avoid the so-called "fiscal cliff" on Dec. 31. They know from the election results (and every poll) that the public believes taxes should be raised on the wealthy. They know that the public wants bipartisan compromise. And they know that the approval rating of the House Republicans, in contrast to the president's upwardly trending numbers, are veering toward historic lows.

Moreover, they claim to believe that the major tax hikes and spending cuts that will occur on Jan. 1, if negotiations fail, will be ruinous for the American and perhaps the world economy.(And never mind that this concern validates Keynesian economics, flatly contradicting their professed ideology.) Failure to achieve a deal may result in a renewed recession or worse.

Yet the majority of Republican members adhere so blindly to their far-right ideology that on Thursday evening, they humiliated their own leadership by refusing to support Speaker John Boehner's "Plan B" -- and effectively scuttled negotiations between the House leadership and the White House. Boehner thought a bill to increase taxes only on households earning more than $1 million annually would pass the House, as Majority Leader Eric Cantor confidently announced. "We're going to have the votes," he said on Thursday afternoon. Several hours later the House leaders cancelled the roll call on the tax bill, admitting that they didn't have the votes.

This embarrassing episode -- the "Mayan Apocalypse" of the Republicans Party -- demonstrates again why they are unfit for the responsibilities of national office.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#827385 Dec 22, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Dull Dave again. You really are mentally-challenged, arent you? You have NO problem walking past armed security guards almost everywhere on the planet, yet you balk at allowing the same protections for kids. I am assuming you like to see children cowering under their desks while they wait their turn to be slaughtered.
Take my above advice to dem & dribble, and end it.....
So you are too stupid to know that a guard with a pistol is no match for a gunman with an assault-like rifle with a 200 round magazine.
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#827388 Dec 22, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are too stupid to know that a guard with a pistol is no match for a gunman with an assault-like rifle with a 200 round magazine.
Show us a two hundred round clip , I have asked this of you before , you can't just more leftist exageration and out right lies .
ROY ROGERS

Russia

#827390 Dec 22, 2012
BOY OH BOY! WHENEVER I WANT TO RELAX AND ENJOY MYSELF THE FIRST PLACE I THINK OF IS THE DESERT! YESSIR, EVER SINCE TRIGGER DIED AND FUCKIN' DALE BECAME MORE OF A CHORE THAN A PLEASURE, I'VE FELT THE NEED TO.. SORT OF, GET AWAY FROM IT ALL... I WAS THINKIN', "ROY, YOU SHOULD MOVE TO THE KALAHARI OR SOMEPLACE, SOMEPLACE A MAN CAN ROAM FREE... LISTEN TO HIS OWN THOUGHTS... FREE HIMSELF FROM THE RIGORS OF FAME AND FORTUNE... KINDA MAKES ME WANT TO BUST OUT IN SONG!...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#827391 Dec 22, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> It's 1 thing to be sarcastic & have history & fact behind you. It's another to be sarcastic & dumb, def, & blind... Oh did I mention ignorant? The bible does speak on aliens numerous times. It's evident you haven't read it. All through the torah. From God saying that humans are his greatest creation to a chariot of fire descending from the sky. In every religion, they speak of aliens in one form another. Most peoples problem with the biblical/alien thing is trying to differentiate fallen angels & aliens. Genesis 6;4 states not in these words that angels fell from heaven, & dicided to lay with women & in doing so had babies in which they call the nephilim. A race of giants by my understanding whom we call the greek gods. Point is read & research before you judge someone by their faiths & beliefs.
Correction: Some insane people like to read aliens into scripture.

Big difference.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#827392 Dec 22, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Show us a two hundred round clip , I have asked this of you before , you can't just more leftist exageration and out right lies .

“Me pack a gon”

Since: Aug 12

Chico, CA

#827395 Dec 22, 2012
oh boo hoo hoo me fellow Mehicoon Señor Meet Romnee deed no ween. oh boo hoo hoo.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#827396 Dec 22, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Show us a two hundred round clip , I have asked this of you before , you can't just more leftist exageration and out right lies .
&fe ature=endscreen&NR=1

“See how you are?”

Earth

#827397 Dec 22, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
ROY ROGERS

Russia

#827400 Dec 22, 2012
OOOOOOOOOO...
GIVE ME LAND, LOTSA LAND AND THE STARRY SKIES ABOVE,
AT THE HOLIDAY INN
IN A BAND, TAKE A STAND, BE A MAN OF WEALTH AND LOVE,
AT THE HOLIDAY INN...
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#827401 Dec 22, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5yqZWcRuoXkXX
Unless obama orders troops to start shooting kids at our schools that clip will never be used on school grounds, you are just trying to be a smart ass , leftist prick.
ROY ROGERS

Russia

#827402 Dec 22, 2012
LUKIE DINESEN wrote:
I had a faaaahhhhm in AHHHH-frica, at the foot of the Ngong Hills ....
WANT ME TO WASH YOUR HAIR OR ANYTHING? I FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW MY SENSITIVE SIDE...
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#827406 Dec 22, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>There has never been a war fought over slavery , statws rights yes but not slavery .
Yeranass.
What 'rights' were the southern states fighting for, hmmm?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 min TRD 68,797
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 180,942
Julieanne Zenz 1 hr Julieanne Zenz VR... 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr DonPanic 48,590
Are you sick of Topix polls or do you vote? 3 hr joey 4
EverGreen Belgrade 3 hr servonazis 17
Ferguson Protesters Promise 28-Hour Sit-In At C... 4 hr Liberal Lover 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:04 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:04PM
Full Report Card Grades for Chicago vs. Detroit
Bleacher Report 3:13 PM
Inability to Make in-Game Adjustments Growing Old
Bleacher Report 4:00 PM
Breaking Down What Colt McCoy Brings to the Washington Offense in Place of RGIII
NBC Sports 4:45 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Bears season falls into irrelevancy
NBC Sports 4:50 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Megatron reaches 10,000 yards