Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#827339 Dec 22, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
The NRA announced today that to insure that nothing like Sandy Hook ever happens again, they would support having an armed guard at every school. This might work until child killers figure out that there are also groups of kids to be massacred at playgrounds, Sunday school, Little League baseball games, soccer games, swimming pools, Girl Scout and Boy Scout events, etc.
Our children won't be safe until we decide they are more important than assault weapons and large capacity magazines.
There was an armed guard stationed at Columbine when Harris and Klebold started their rampage. They knew he would be useless against their firepower and they were right. He never even got a shot off.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#827340 Dec 22, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know when there are mass killings in Chicago.
We're gonna take your guns away, boy.
Get ready for it.
I hope you put up a fight. A good wingnut is a dead wingnut.
From what I read, every weekend. I am assuming you are calling 20 people murdered a mass killing.
And, since you live in Chicago, you can tell us who wins the lottery.
Now, stop running away.

The over/under for the number of murders in Chicago over the Christmas weekend is 20, the same as the number of children killed in Connecticutt. Will there be more, or fewer murders in Chicago over the Christmas weekend than the number of children killed in Connecticutt?
What do you choose? Over or under?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#827342 Dec 22, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the teachers need to have guns. But, when we have teachers that think f**k*ng the students is ok, that may be a mistake, too.
Perhaps we need to first get real teachers, then let them carry guns.
After all, today they have the most expensive education system in the world, yet they generate the most ignorant workforce in the industrialized world. Yup. You may be right. Giving teachers that are that incompetent may be a mistake.
First, we need to get enough real teachers in our schools so the incompetent teachers aren't dominant.
There you go again, insulting America's teachers.

And you wonder why your side is losing elections and public support??

Folks like you make everyone realize the Republiclown Party courts crazy people.

The teachers in CT were the first responders. Six of them paid with their lives.

You have proven, once again, that you are hateful scum.

Why did you return??

Oh yeah, it's gonna be a Rmoney landslide!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#827343 Dec 22, 2012
Right Turn
Jennifer Rubin's take from a conservative perspective

Boehner Plan B: House Republicans humiliate their leader

The world of Heritage Action Network, Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) and the other all-or-nothing hard-liners in the conservative media have encouraged and will delight in this sort of fiasco. That said, the fault lies with the spineless members who think they’ll escape blame if they don’t vote for any measure. That is folly, not to mention political cowardice. To govern is to choose, and they apparently can do neither.

This sort of display suggests Republicans are not capable of governing. What was an argument by Democrats (They are unreasonable! They only care for the rich!) is now a political reality.

When I posed the question “What next?” to several senior Republicans, the answer came back,” I really don’t know” or “Good question.” What we do know is that House Republicans may have confirmed the good judgment of the American people in keeping divided government. Goodness knows none of these people can be trusted.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-tur...
RUSH10ME

Chase City, VA

#827345 Dec 22, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know when there are mass killings in Chicago.
We're gonna take your guns away, boy.
Get ready for it.
I hope you put up a fight. A good wingnut is a dead wingnut.
You aren't gonna take a goddamned thing , and by the way the murders in Chi town collectivly are "mass" every weekend , idiot.

Location hidden

#827346 Dec 22, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Dull Dave again. You really are mentally-challenged, arent you? You have NO problem walking past armed security guards almost everywhere on the planet, yet you balk at allowing the same protections for kids. I am assuming you like to see children cowering under their desks while they wait their turn to be slaughtered.
Take my above advice to dem & dribble, and end it.....
So why are VA Hospitals 'gun free zones'??

And why has nobody chosen to attack these 'soft' targets??

The way to protect our children is to get guns off the streets.

There's too many crazy Americans with guns.

You're exhibit A.

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

#827348 Dec 22, 2012
It's time to put my leathers on and get out on the roads given to me by people who fought, killed and died for the Constitution and the American way of capitalist life. It's a good thing to do after working for a living all week and making myself self-reliant.
By the way, have you noticed that people in California not working refuse to work on farms?
I've got a suggestion. Let them work or starve. Let's see how many people sit on their lazy ass and demand welfare when it won't be coming. I'm betting most of them will get off their ass and start working.
... and they won't be voting for Obama next time. After all, he promised they could sit on their ass their entire lives.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#827351 Dec 22, 2012
The NRA Flubs the Facts About Sandy Hook

The gun lobby’s front man couldn’t even get the number of children murdered at Sandy Hook School right. But what are facts when your whole premise is a lie.

The National Rifle Association’s leading figure apparently paid so little attention to the particulars of the Sandy Hook School massacre that he misstated the number of murdered children when the organization finally broke its silence on Friday.

In irony gone ghoulish, Wayne LaPierre, the NRA’s executive vice president and chief executive officer, actually inflated the body count of youngsters. He made the startling and revealing error while suggesting that things might have been different if Adam Lanza had encountered an armed security guard at the school.

“Will you at least admit it’s possible that 26 little kids, that 26 innocent lives might have been spared that day?” LaPierre asked.

The official NRA prepared statement said only “26 innocent lives,” which was correct when the six murdered adults were tallied with the correct count of 20 murdered children. The “26 kids” was added by LaPierre, but his lack of attention to detail is understandable when you consider that his organization is essentially a sham. Facts cannot mean much when the whole proposition is a lie.

As should be apparent to anybody who attends one of its conventions turned gun show, the NRA is a shill for the gun industry, which puts profits far ahead of victims, even if the victims are 20 school kids. Or was it 26?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/12...

Location hidden

#827352 Dec 22, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I read, every weekend. I am assuming you are calling 20 people murdered a mass killing.
Now, stop running away.
The over/under for the number of murders in Chicago over the Christmas weekend is 20, the same as the number of children killed in Connecticutt. Will there be more, or fewer murders in Chicago over the Christmas weekend than the number of children killed in Connecticutt?
I choose to ignore your baseline ignorance.

What happens in our cities has nothing to do with th eassault weapoons problems in this nation. DUH

Australia outlawed these weapons 16 years ago, after a mass killing with an assault rifle.

They have not had a single mass killing since.

Proof enough for me.

Get nuts like you off the streets, get assault weapons banned and collected.

Put a bounty on anyone who doesn't turn them in.

Your own 'buddies' will turn your dumb azz in, or shoot you for the bounty!!

Location hidden

#827354 Dec 22, 2012
<quoted text>
Dont post to me you disgusting, smelly, retarded gash. Just kill yourself and do the planet a favor.
Fenris hates women.

He likes to huff and puff and blow all the boys!!

Looks like Leosnana really got under your skin, nitwit!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

#827356 Dec 22, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are VA Hospitals 'gun free zones'??
And why has nobody chosen to attack these 'soft' targets??
The way to protect our children is to get guns off the streets.
There's too many crazy Americans with guns.
You're exhibit A.
Well, you're doing a f**k*ng lousy job of that in places like Chicago. Why would anyone other than an idiot think your intent is to get guns off the streets when the streets in your immediate vicinity is covered with bullet-ridden corpses because you refuse to enforce existing gun control laws?
Nope. If for not other reason, like the Constitution is opposed to you, you have zero credibility with anything to do with guns.

You may need to write this down... talking isn't the same as doing.

Location hidden

#827358 Dec 22, 2012
<quoted text>
Hahaha!! That skinny little oreo is as big a wimp as you are (well, not THAT bad I guess). Did you turn in your little Cabela's popgun yet phaggot? No? Hypocritical puscee....
PS; bought two new AK's last week (just because I could). LOL.....
You're a liar.

You know that they're not allowed on the Reservation, Chief.

Guns and alcohol makes you injuns dangerous!!
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#827360 Dec 22, 2012
<quoted text>
Hahaha!! That skinny little oreo is as big a wimp as you are (well, not THAT bad I guess). Did you turn in your little Cabela's popgun yet phaggot? No? Hypocritical puscee....
PS; bought two new AK's last week (just because I could). LOL.....
Yep , you bought two AKs and ole nutsucular gave two hundred BJs.

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

#827361 Dec 22, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I choose to ignore your baseline ignorance.
What happens in our cities has nothing to do with th eassault weapoons problems in this nation. DUH
Australia outlawed these weapons 16 years ago, after a mass killing with an assault rifle.
They have not had a single mass killing since.
Proof enough for me.
Get nuts like you off the streets, get assault weapons banned and collected.
Put a bounty on anyone who doesn't turn them in.
Your own 'buddies' will turn your dumb azz in, or shoot you for the bounty!!
Ignorance is lack of knowledge. I have knowledge of how many people are murdered in Chicago. Lying is speaking other than what you know to be true.
You are a liar.
You know, like everyone in the entire Obama administration is a liar. That has been proven over and over.
Now, stop running away.

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

#827363 Dec 22, 2012
Here comes the fiscal cliff.
Happy New Year.
I'm satisfied. We finally have a bipartisan agreement put into action.
It was bipartisan agreements you wanted, right?
Well, you got what you wanted.
... grow up.

Location hidden

#827364 Dec 22, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>The HNIC is nothing more than a figure head a minion to the string pullers , he is inept and a weak leader whos main concern is to fundamentaly change the greatest country on earth [his own words] he wants to as he says even the field , to redistribute wealth ,to take from the earners and give to the non producers , but more than anything else he wants to punish his oponents and reward his alies with ill gotten gains stolen from the pockets of the sucessful and to keep his rock star status , he is just a charliton and a man who hates the very country he is supposed to represent , he has hated the principles this country was founded on his entire life and only when he is removed from office will the truth come to light.
Funny how the American voters called you a 'nutjob' and rejected your ignorance in the last election.

You've proven it with your crazy rant above.

For a weak leader, you sure are scared shitless of him!!

That means he's doing a fine job!!

And you're right!! He will fundamentally change the nation. With Obamacare the law of the land, he already has!!

More to come. When a Federal Agent comes to your door to collect your guns, you'll hand them over peacefully, looking at the .50 caliber on the armored vehicle aimed right at your house.

Or, you can sacrifice your family, resist and go down a traitor.

After all, Obama bought all that ammo for something, didn't he??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#827366 Dec 22, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Down from what? If you look at the statistics for just the city of Chicago, they murder as many people in just that one city as are killed in a full-scale war. I've got a solution to that problem....
Train dogs to detect firearms. Patrol the streets where most of the killing is happening of Chicago with those dogs. Arrest any person found to be carrying an illegal gun. If that gun was stolen, send that person to prison.
Problem solved.
What's wrong with this solution to the problem of Chicago stacking corpses to the rafters in the morgue every goddam weekend?
Houston's murder rate is only 4 down the list from Chicago's, and Dallas a little behind that. "Think globally, act locally" and then you can move on to Louisiana...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_ci...

Location hidden

#827371 Dec 22, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is lack of knowledge. I have knowledge of how many people are murdered in Chicago. Lying is speaking other than what you know to be true.
You are a liar.
You know, like everyone in the entire Obama administration is a liar. That has been proven over and over.
Now, stop running away.
The good news is that the guns will be taken off the streets of Chicago, as well as from your trailer!!

Isn't Obama wonderful in his wisdom!!

He will reshape th eSupreme Court, and sanity will return to our gun laws.

As Chief Jusrtice Burger said:

"The idea that the Second Amendment guarantees the right of an individual to own a gun is a "fraud" according to the late Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger."

Two more appointments to the SC will mold it as a liberal hedge for a generation.

Elections have consequences.

Your stupidity has consequences, too.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#827372 Dec 22, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
Here comes the fiscal cliff.
Happy New Year.
I'm satisfied. We finally have a bipartisan agreement put into action.
It was bipartisan agreements you wanted, right?
Well, you got what you wanted.
... grow up.
Between the humiliating and chaotic collapse of Speaker Boehner's already ludicrously extreme Plan B and Wayne La Pierre's deranged proposal to put government agents in schools with guns, the Republican slide into total epistemic closure and political marginalization has now become a free-fall. This party, not to mince words, is unfit for government. There is no conservative party in the West - except for minor anti-immigrant neo-fascist ones in Europe - anywhere close to this level of far right extremism. And now the damage these fanatics can do is not just to their own country - was the debt ceiling debacle of 2011 not enough for them?- but to the entire world.

Those of us who have warned for years about this disturbing trend toward ever more extreme measures - backing torture, pre-emptive un-budgeted wars, out-of-control spending followed, like a frantic mood swing, by anti-spending absolutism of the most insane variety in a steep recession, vicious hostility to illegal immigrants, contempt for gay couples, hostility even to contraception, let alone a middle ground on abortion ... well, you know it all by now.

But the current constitutional and economic vandalism removes any shred of doubt that this party and its lucrative media bubble is in any way conservative. They aren't. They're ideological zealots, indifferent to the consequences of their actions, contemptuous of the very to-and-fro essential for the American system to work, gerry-mandering to thwart the popular will, filibustering in a way that all but wrecks the core mechanics of American democracy, and now willing to acquiesce to the biggest tax increase imaginable because they cannot even accept Obama's compromise from his clear campaign promise to raise rates for those earning over $250,000 to $400,000 a year.

And this is not the exception. It is the rule.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/...

wouldn't it be nice for you if you could go to anywhere but a far right wing site and find anyone talking the way you do?

so no one should get worked up about your minority rhetoric. it will never ever find a national stage, and your repetitive showing of your anger and frustration just signals that you are well aware of that fact.
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#827374 Dec 22, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the American voters called you a 'nutjob' and rejected your ignorance in the last election.
You've proven it with your crazy rant above.
For a weak leader, you sure are scared shitless of him!!
That means he's doing a fine job!!
And you're right!! He will fundamentally change the nation. With Obamacare the law of the land, he already has!!
More to come. When a Federal Agent comes to your door to collect your guns, you'll hand them over peacefully, looking at the .50 caliber on the armored vehicle aimed right at your house.
Or, you can sacrifice your family, resist and go down a traitor.
After all, Obama bought all that ammo for something, didn't he??
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I know it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy but it is not gonna happen , it would cause war in the streets in washington first and spread like wild fire .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Edmond Pulpo 181,698
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 45 min D_e_ath__to__tyrants 70,986
Deat Abby 12-16 51 min Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,875
sexting on whatsapp 2 hr cute_bwoy 1
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 3 hr Taint Shield 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr kal 49,174
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance