Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#827208 Dec 21, 2012
Patriot wrote:
- The cost to have a single police officer as a guard in every public school in America:$5 Billion
- The cost in 2012 for the "war on drugs":$39 Billion
- Foreign Aid:$49 Billion
- Occupation of Afghanistan:$111 Billion
It's time to get Our PRIORITIES back in order!!
- ALSO -
Public servant hypocrite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =B1EObqM9Z0sXX&feature=you tu.be
If guns were banned like in England we wouldn't need to spend $5 billion for armed guards. That $5 billion could then be used for better purposes like helping that poor lady in Florida and her 15 foster children.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#827209 Dec 21, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Swallow broken glass, you filthy, smelly, mindless, know-nothing gash....
Eric Harris and Dylan KleboldFrom Wikipedia, the free Senior year Eric David Harris (April 9, 1981 April 20, 1999) and Dylan Bennet Klebold (September 11, 1981 April 20, 1999) were the two American high school seniors who committed the Columbine High School massacre. The pair killed 13 people and injured 24 others, three of whom were injured as they escaped the attack.[1] The two then committed suicide in the library, where they had killed 10 of their victims.
Harris mentioned the murder-themed film Natural Born Killers in his journal, referring to the "holy April morning of NBK".[2] "NBK" was used as a code name for the attack by both, who were great fans of the film.
The characters in "Natural Born Killers" were typical NRA gun nuts.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#827210 Dec 21, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Cheers! I have to work some on Christmas Eve.
Why is this Christian holiday a paid day off for Federal Government workers? How much is this paid holiday costing the taxpayers? Whatever happened to separation of church and state? Sadly, it is ignored like much of the rest of the Constitution.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#827212 Dec 21, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>If guns were banned like in England we wouldn't need to spend $5 billion for armed guards. That $5 billion could then be used for better purposes like helping that poor lady in Florida and her 15 foster children.
Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade

Gun crime has almost doubled since Labour came to power as a culture of extreme gang violence has taken hold.

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent.

In some parts of the country, the number of offences has increased more than five-fold.

In eighteen police areas, gun crime at least doubled.

The statistic will fuel fears that the police are struggling to contain gang-related violence, in which the carrying of a firearm has become increasingly common place.

Last week, police in London revealed they had begun carrying out armed patrols on some streets.

The move means officers armed with sub-machine guns are engaged in routine policing for the first time.

Shadow Home Secretary, Chris Grayling, said last night:'In areas dominated by gang culture, we're now seeing guns used to settle scores between rivals as well as turf wars between rival drug dealers.

'We need to redouble our efforts to deal with the challenge.'

He added:'These figures are all the more alarming given that it is only a week since the Metropolitan Police said it was increasing regular armed patrols in some areas of the capital'.

The gun crime figures, which were obtained by the Tories from official Parliamentary answers, do not include air weapons.

But they provide the first regional breakdown of the increasing use of firearms.

Lancashire suffered the single largest rise in gun crime, with recorded offences increasing from 50 in 1998/99 to 349 in 2007/08, an increase of 598 per cent.

Only four police forces - Cleveland-Humberside, Cambridgeshire and Sussex - recorded falls in gun crime.

The number of people injured or killed by guns, excluding air weapons, has increased from 864 in 1998/99 to a provisional figure of 1,760 in 2008/09, an increase of 104 percent.

The figures follow a warning by Mr Grayling that U.S.-style gang culture has reached some parts of the UK.

In August, he made a controversial speech warning that a collapse of 'civilised life' had allowed a brutal drug and gun crime culture - like that of the U.S. TV show The Wire - to flourish in Britain.

The hit TV series tracks the nightmare of gangs and organised crime in inner city West Baltimore and the futile efforts of police to deal with them.

The Met's decision to employ armed officers on the streets has attracted criticism.

But the force, which has already begun the scheme, insists that the unprecedented tactic is a proportionate and temporary response to prevent armed gangs from controlling estates.

Last month, police warned that teenage girls were now being dragged into the gun culture by hiding weapons for their boyfriends.

Police are targeting girls between 15 and 19 with an advertising blitz warning them that they can expect a five-year prison sentence if they are caught.

The number of women charged with firearms offences in London has increased six-fold in the past year - 12 have been charged since January.

Seven of them were teenagers, including a 16-year-old arrested after a 9mm Browning self-loading pistol was found in her bedroom.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12231...

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#827213 Dec 21, 2012
oldreaderd wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to agree with you crazy old guy, but also think they should take away all guns, including yours. You could still kill a lot of people with any type of gun. Are you willing to be part of the solution or are you just a blowhard hypocrite?
It seems to me that if I eat meat I should be willing to kill an animal rather than have someone do it for me or pretend they grow on trees. I try to rationalize that deer will suffer a worse fate starving and/or being eaten alive by coyotes, which I've seen, pretty gruesome. That said, I do most of my hunting with a compound bow or crossbow so to be honest I would part with my rifle if I had to. I don't think that's necessary though. It seems a bolt action rifle is enough weapon for most real hunters. I also have no problem with 5 or 6 shot revolvers for those wanting personal protection.
Repeal the 2nd Amendment

Virginia Beach, VA

#827214 Dec 21, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>The fore fathers weren't worried about us being able to hunt , they wanted to insure we could in the future defend and protect the constitution and ourselves from all tyrany period , had nothing to do with intruders weather they were squirrels , deer or the likes of our current govt.
When the founding fathers wrote this so called "right to bear arms" they were not aware that in the 21st century there would be guns capable of firing 100 bullets a second or that their would be cellphones that could have police at your door within seconds or that their would be an orginization like the NRA that would advocate the overthrow of the US Goverment and the assasnation of Americas greatest president. Terorist organzatons like the NRA are banned in England.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#827215 Dec 21, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>If guns were banned like in England we wouldn't need to spend $5 billion for armed guards. That $5 billion could then be used for better purposes like helping that poor lady in Florida and her 15 foster children.
Monday, 16 July, 2001, 04:50 GMT 05:50 UK

Handgun crime 'up' In UK despite ban

A new study suggests the use of handguns in crime rose by 40% in the two years after the weapons were banned. The research, commissioned by the Countryside Alliance's Campaign for Shooting, has concluded that existing laws are targeting legitimate users of firearms rather than criminals. The ban on ownership of handguns was introduced in 1997 as a result of the Dunblane massacre, when Thomas Hamilton opened fire at a primary school leaving 16 children and their teacher dead.

But the report suggests that despite the restrictions on ownership the use of handguns in crime is rising. The Centre for Defence Studies at Kings College in London, which carried out the research, said the number of crimes in which a handgun was reported increased from 2,648 in 1997/98 to 3,685 in 1999/2000. It also said there was no link between high levels of gun crime and areas where there were still high levels of lawful gun possession.

Of the 20 police areas with the lowest number of legally held firearms, 10 had an above average level of gun crime. And of the 20 police areas with the highest levels of legally held guns only two had armed crime levels above the average.

Smuggling

The campaign's director, David Bredin, said: "It is crystal clear from the research that the existing gun laws do not lead to crime reduction and a safer place.

"Policy makers have targeted the legitimate sporting and farming communities with ever-tighter laws but the research clearly demonstrates that it is illegal guns which are the real threat to public safety."

He said the rise was largely down to successful smuggling of illegal guns into the country.

Weapons have even been disguised as key rings no larger than a matchbox to get them in, he said.

Other sources of guns include battlefield trophies brought back by soldiers, the illegal conversion of replica firearms including blank firing pistols and the reactivation of weapons which had been deactivated.

Ammunition

Examples of illegally manufactured guns include screwdrivers being adapted to fire off one round, he said.

The Metropolitan Police said its official figures showed a 20% drop in armed robberies of commercial premises between April and July this year, compared with the same period last year.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said that, since April 2001, the Flying Squad has arrested 39 people in connection with 34 armed incidents and seized 52 weapons.

Operation Trident, which investigates "black on black" shootings in the UK, has made more than 300 arrests, recovered 100 firearms and 1,500 rounds of ammunition since it was established a year ago.

The Home Office said measures were being taken to tackle handgun crime, including an intensified effort against illegally smuggled weapons.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1440764.st...
Repeal the 2nd Amendment

Virginia Beach, VA

#827216 Dec 21, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct about many of those that carry guns where ever they go.
They strap on that gun, their chest puffs out,their stride becomes a strut & they turn into a number one a-hole.
We all know the type.
I agree. NRA gun nuts are the bigest bunch of ignoranuses I ever seen.
Repeal the 2nd Amendment

Virginia Beach, VA

#827217 Dec 21, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman was the prototype for these cowards.
Zimmerman only followed the kid because he felt brave with his gun. And he commiitted murder with it.
Without a gun, they're frightened little men.
And even though Trayvon Martin was unarmed, he still kicked Zimmermans butt pretty good. He was a real man who didn't need a gun to put up a fight!
Protect 2nd Ammendmant

Monrovia, CA

#827218 Dec 21, 2012
Virginia Beach ...sounds a little too clost to Vagina Beach lol...

If the shoe fits.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#827219 Dec 21, 2012
John Galt wrote:
Freezing temperatures, record lows, in Southern California the last two mornings.
Damn that global warming!
The freezing temperatures are caused by global warming idiot. The melting ice is drifting southerly and cooling the oceans. Try reading a science book sometime.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#827220 Dec 21, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you may be right to an extent ,but it is the spirit of the American people that has carried us through times of opression , lies and dishonesty in the past , our current govt. and erosion of our constitution and our rights only calls for common sence to see whats going on here , hell we have made war with lots of places that only had rocks to begin with .
You must agree that the lies and dishonesty you speak of is a problem with both parties. The thing that sets us apart from other countries is that at least we can vote out the worst. Guns and rocks only work in third world countries where they stick their fingers in a bottle of ink to vote if and when they are allowed to vote. We're beyond that.
Repeal the 2nd Amendment

Virginia Beach, VA

#827221 Dec 21, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask someone else. I never said that.
You are a sickening hate-filled person.
At no other time in the past four years have I been so angry and disgusted.
We will get exactly what we deserve because of people like you and Lily.
If you were standing in front of me, I would find it too difficult to refrain myself from slapping you right across the face.
Your the one full of hate. At least he doen't think the children of Sandy Point are better off dead.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#827222 Dec 21, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>That many children dying each day at the hands of NRA gun nuts is a travesty. The NRA is a terrorist organization that should be outlawed. It is time for President Obama to outlaw the NRA and private ownership of all firearms. Americans are tired of their children being murdered by psychopathic NRA gun nuts.
Republicans just lost the 2012 election, so far they seem to have learned very little
Repeal the 2nd Amendment

Virginia Beach, VA

#827223 Dec 21, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The NRA is more moderate on gun control than are many non-member gun owners.
The NRA is a domestic terrorist organzation. NRA memebers are domestic terrorists.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#827224 Dec 21, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>You will give up your deadly guns when the Government tells you to give them up or you will suffer the consequences!
"nobama 2012"
You are saying your hero, the loser, president nobama, will send in guns to forcefully take guns them from the citizens? Good luck with that. Some of us respect the constitution, you know the document that says the folks have the right to own a firearm?
Why do you not get afucking life? Do or say something that makes sense?
Based on your hard work which ensured the presidents re election you will be out front going door to door to steal weapons? O am looking foreword to your visit.
Peace
KMA
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#827225 Dec 21, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Or Mao-Tse Tung.
Your racist comments simply enhance the fact that you are ignorent.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#827226 Dec 21, 2012
Protect 2nd Ammendmant wrote:
Virginia Beach ...sounds a little too clost to Vagina Beach lol...
If the shoe fits.
And "Covina" sounds like a STD. "My girlfriend gave me a bad case of covina."
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#827227 Dec 21, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
The NRA is going down.
Just as your side lost the battles on immigration and gay marriage, so too will you lose this one.
You may have the right to bear arms, but the Gov't has the right to determine which arms are allowed for public purchase.
Stick around, you'll see.
Nobody has the right to own a deadly firearm. If you read the 2nd amendment carefully, it clearly states that only members of a WELL REGULATED MILITIA have the right to bear arms. Not just any tobacco chewing, fat, alcolholic redneck that wants to kill his wife.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#827228 Dec 21, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The families of the victims should sue Fox for wrongful death. H it them in the pocket.
"silly"
I would guess you must be in La La Land. Even the lowest ambulance chasing attorney is not going to waste his time attacking freedom of speech/opinion. You are starting to sound like "nobama 2012" who would like to repeal the 1st. amendment. Just because you do not like folks expressing their views, even views that may be assinine is not a reason to restrict their rights.
Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,838
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 39 min scirocco 71,045
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 48 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,884
2 cops executed in new york 1 hr The Pissed Citizen 1
More on the Eric Garner Saga 1 hr The Patriot 7
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Cowobunga 51,254
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Brian_G 49,220
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:26 am PST

NBC Sports 8:26AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins
Bleacher Report 6:14 PM
RG3 Showing Enough to Remain Starter in WSH
CBS Sports 4:09 AM
Jay Cutler expected back with Bears in 2015, with new coaching staff