Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,163)

Showing posts 763,241 - 763,260 of1,071,932
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
GOPidiots

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think that young man's heart was hardened and those precious children are happier where they are than here. It's just sad for their parents and their families who are left to grieve and miss them so terribly.
If those kids are so much happier now,where they are, then you should rejoice everytime an abortion is performed. You're all twisted.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

In a stunning defeat, Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) called off a vote Thursday night on his Plan B to avert the fiscal cliff, citing a lack of support from his own party.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/b...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Does A Speaker Survive This?

The likely truth is that John Boehner never had the votes to cut a deal with President Obama. Any deal. Not a grand bargain of deficit reduction. Not a piecemeal deal that might have lessened the blow of all the Bush tax cuts expiring on Jan. 1. Nothing.

If thatís true, as I strongly suspect it is, then, yes, the last six weeks since the election have been a tour de force of kabuki theater. His Plan B was probably, in that scenario, his last ditch effort to escape this fiasco without having to admit that he never had the votes. Now that has failed, too, after a desperate 11th hour attempt to cajole, whip and bludgeon his Republican Members into voting for it.

It is easy to overreact to these things in the moment, to overread them. But Speaker Boehner just put it all on the line. The entire nation was watching, and he was exposed. He knows it. His conference knows it. Anyone left in Washington who had doubts about this speakerís clout now knows it, too. In a parliamentary system, he would resign and his party would elect a new leader. We donít do it that way here Ö usually. But itís hard to see how Speaker Boehner continues from here ó or why he would want to.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2012/12...
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
If those kids are so much happier now,where they are, then you should rejoice everytime an abortion is performed. You're all twisted.
Lol
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Republicans: Donít Get Outbid On Taxes

Stop Being The Stupid Party

In other words, Democrats really are pressing for some tax cuts that Republicans are not.

This should never, ever happen to any competent Republican.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/12/20/republican...
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think that young man's heart was hardened and those precious children are happier where they are than here. It's just sad for their parents and their families who are left to grieve and miss them so terribly.
Wow, you're really a Westboro church member, sick in the head. I hope someone says that to you if your daughter gets murdered
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
In a stunning defeat, Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) called off a vote Thursday night on his Plan B to avert the fiscal cliff, citing a lack of support from his own party.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/b...
They're putting the screws to Boehner
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Christians do not believe that pile of crap.
Thank you
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Uh okay, so God didn't create the bacteria known as Cholera? Is Cholera pre-post Garden of Eden or post Jesus, when exactly was Cholera introduced into God's plan?
Cholera is a bacteria found in poor water sanitation successfully treated with oral rehydration salts and cholera vaccines.

So, you see, God created the medicinal components in nature to combat our own negligence. Safe water and sanitation again falls back on man to take care of what God has created.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They're putting the screws to Boehner
maybe one of the tea party nuts will take his place.

then we'll really see some gridlock.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

<quoted text>
Wow, you're really a Westboro church member, sick in the head. I hope someone says that to you if your daughter gets murdered
might we suggest she'd be happier somewhere else?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I watched the Carl Sagan series 'Cosmos' on PBS when I was young. I now have it on dvd. Anyway, in one part of the series they recreated the earth as it was back when it had first form into an actual planet. Then they introduced a spark (lightning) into the picture. Amino acids (building blocks of life) formed on the glass inside. There you go.
Sorry, but I don't go. Scientists can re-create natural phenomenon by re-creating what they did not create to begin with, i.e. lightning. They can just re-create that too. "Re-create" being the key word.

One amino acid in a controlled and contained environment doesn't re-create the miracle of all life on the planet or the mysteries of the universe.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
Well to day is the last day of school so in the next 12 days may not be on here much. New life starts after the first of the year so won't be on much then either. But I will pop in from time to time. Anyway Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year if I don't make it back on. It has been a pleasure debating the issues and the laughs.
If you're reading this, sorry to see you go, flack.

Hope you make it back on more often than not. If not, may God bless you and your children in the New Year and the years ahead.
GOPidiots

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
might we suggest she'd be happier somewhere else?
Hilarious!
I'm with Lily on this one.
I think Carol is pulling our leg and laughing as she posts. No one could actually BELIEVE that stuff.
GOPidiots

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
In other words, Democrats really are pressing for some tax cuts that Republicans are not.
There are competent Republicans? Who knew!!
GOPidiots

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I don't go. Scientists can re-create natural phenomenon by re-creating what they did not create to begin with, i.e. lightning. They can just re-create that too. "Re-create" being the key word.
One amino acid in a controlled and contained environment doesn't re-create the miracle of all life on the planet or the mysteries of the universe.
Absolutely terrifying that you actually taught 5th graders Science.
forks_make_us_fa t

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious!
I'm with Lily on this one.
I think Carol is pulling our leg and laughing as she posts. No one could actually BELIEVE that stuff.
You really do blame the spoon for shoving the ice cream into your fat stomack don't you?????
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
The scientific world has begun to study near death experiences because there have been so many reported cases.

Many come back disappointed and even angry. They wanted to stay where they were because of an indescribable peace and love that surrounded them.

These precious children are there now too. I promise you, they are. That should be a comfort to all of us. Why are you so angry?

We cry because of their shortened lives with their families and loved ones and we share their overwhelming grief. But these children would be the first ones to tell them and us not to cry. We will know what they know soon enough. Life is very short. No matter how long we live. They just know more than we do now.
forks_make_us_fa t

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
Its about time we mailed you a blanket...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely terrifying that you actually taught 5th graders Science.
Why? Which scientist created the physics and elements that created the natural phenomenon of lightning?

5th grade science isn't as advanced as you seem to think.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 763,241 - 763,260 of1,071,932
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

73 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 min voice of peace 67,526
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 14 min mr ridgway 3,815
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min LRS 173,591
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min mdbuilder 45,458
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 50 min andet1987 393
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 57 min Frijoles 68,136
Word (Dec '08) 59 min not a ghost 4,573
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••