Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
763,201 - 763,220 of 1,083,049 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Have you seen the Christie-Booker TV ads? You should be close enough to get a few NJ cable stations.
Those two are pals and NJ voters seem to like both despite the party affiliations.
Realize that the source is highly unreliable, but consider this before the "Sandy"sellout:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/23/cory...
proud2bwhite

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You & your followers are dumb by definition. Something you don't like, you run to your computers & post stupid messages as a tactic of empowerment. The inevitable gun bill nears, you run out & by guns with no propose other than your delusional self sense of empowerment. Look up the bill Barack signed lastyear with the UN. This was already in the making. Sandy Hook was just his reason for the public. I've read only part of the treaty, but it states that in the state of emergency, the UN in conjunction with the US will go door to door & confiscate all firearms legal & illegal alike. Why do you all think they've been building mass graves & concentration camps all across the states? The NRA & your type are only feeding the beast by refusing to cooperate with simple gun bans. It also states that the united armed forces are to so so by force. Me personally, I dont care. I made a name in these streets without a gun & with no retaliation in fear for gun retaliation. I'm not making this up. I dont have a link, but just google Obama's treaty with the UN /gun confiscation & it should take you right to it. The only other times america spent vast amounts of money on ammunition was in the wake of wars. Hope ya'll gun nuts are ready to die for your 200yr old right to bare arms. Get ready for a bloodbath!
odd you don't see the hypocrisy in your own post.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says the CT shooter was "crazed"? The operation seemed well-planned and well-thought out. One can be evil without being "crazy."
True, it's hard to believe that anyone in his right mind could do such a thing
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Cholera's a virus sheepdip.
Incorrect.

Cholera is a bacterial infection, not a virus.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Depends on the state and often even the local municipality.
One of my rentals is very close to an elementary school__no sex offenders and (up to) three times the penalty for sale of controlled substances. My cherished tenants there are clean as a whistle but when/if they leave I'm selling that place for whatever someone is willing to pay. Life ain't long enough to own rentals near public schools in FLA.
So, this type of legislation reduces the value of property located near schools?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
Republicans push us toward depression
This isn't good news for Republicans because a large majority (53 percent to 38 percent) of the electorate blames George W. Bush not Barack Obama for the condition of today's economy.
If true, just proves that it is impossible to cure stupid.
Jean

Newburgh, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

new yawk wrote:
Thanks for the answer. That's what the "news" always tells us.
The crazy shot themself. IF there were skilled, trained, licensed armed personnel with a firearm, they could have shot him dead BEFORE he harmed any little children. Hiding and cowering.
They had no chance. No defense. NO protection.
Stricter Gun Laws. What a freakin' joke. While Law Abiding Gun Owners, who rarely ever kill a person with their weapon, should be disarmed, criminals and crazies will still be armed.
And just wondering WHY he wore a bullet proof vest ( to a Gun Free Zone ), so the news reported. IF he had planned on killing himself, then it wouldn't have been to avoid being riddled with Law Enforcement bullets ... Just seems an "oddity" in this story.
<quoted text>
Skilled, trained like Nancy Lanza? How'd that work out for her bobo?
You're all retarded. Not an iota of your own brain power. Friggin wussies who need arsenals becuse you're missing the family jewels and your brain.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
Larry Alan Burns, the federal district judge in San Diego who just last month sentenced Tuscon shooter Jared Lee Loughner to seven consecutive life terms plus 140 years in federal prison, is no darling of the gun control movement.
Burns is a self-described conservative, appointed to the bench by President George W. Bush, and he agrees with the Supreme Court’s decision in District of Columbia vs. Heller, which held that the 2nd Amendment gives Americans the right to own guns for self-defense. He is also a gun owner.
But while sentencing Loughner in November, Burns questioned the need for high-capacity magazines like the one Loughner had in his Glock, and said he regretted how the Federal Assault Weapons Ban was allowed to lapse in 2004. On Thursday, reacting to last week’s mass shooting in Newtown, Conn., Burns publicly called for a new assault weapons ban “with some teeth this time,” in an op-ed published by The Los Angeles Times.
“Ban the manufacture, importation, sale, transfer and possession of both assault weapons and high-capacity magazines,” Burns wrote.“Don’t let people who already have them keep them. Don’t let ones that have already been manufactured stay on the market. I don’t care whether it’s called gun control or a gun ban. I’m for it.”
Burns argued that while the ban that expired in 2004 wasn’t very stringent,“at least it was something.” Half of the nation’s deadliest shootings, Burns pointed out, have occurred since the ban expired. In his view, high-capacity magazines fall outside the scope of good-faith debates about gun violence.
“I get it.” Burns wrote.“Someone bent on mass murder who has only a 10-round magazine or revolvers at his disposal probably is not going to abandon his plan and instead try to talk his problems out. But we might be able to take the ‘mass’ out of ‘mass shooting,’ or at least make the perpetrator’s job a bit harder.”
Here’s how Burns concluded his piece:
There is just no reason civilians need to own assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Gun enthusiasts can still have their venison chili, shoot for sport and competition, and make a home invader flee for his life without pretending they are a part of the SEAL team that took out Osama bin Laden.
It speaks horribly of the public discourse in this country that talking about gun reform in the wake of a mass shooting is regarded as inappropriate or as politicizing the tragedy. But such a conversation is political only to those who are ideologically predisposed to see regulation of any kind as the creep of tyranny. And it is inappropriate only to those delusional enough to believe it would disrespect the victims of gun violence to do anything other than sit around and mourn their passing. Mourning is important, but so is decisive action.
Congress must reinstate and toughen the ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/201...
Federal judges should apply the law that exists and not advocate new legislation. This editorial should disqualify Burns from any related case.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
For the most part we do not institutionalize those with mental problems. There are to damn many attorneys working to keep them on the street. Then if they commit an atrocity those same attorneys blame it on an unfair society.
Peace
That's one of the dumbest posts ever, even for you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
True, it's hard to believe that anyone in his right mind could do such a thing
The legal and clinical definitions of insanity are two entirely different things.

One can be "insane" and still be completely rational.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Christie to Obama: "I'll support you if you persuade Cory Booker not to run for Governor."

Obama to Christie: "Cory who?"
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! Ya mean like Byrd lynching blacks? Where's your source for that? I've been asking since yesterday.
Homer, that's the first I saw of your list, thanks.
Guilt by association. I've been telling you that since yesterday.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So, do you really think that God punished all those children and teachers by instructing that kid to massacre them because he's mad that prayers are not in schools and someone was teaching them to be a homo and an animal? Do you really buy into that garbage?
No, I think that young man's heart was hardened and those precious children are happier where they are than here. It's just sad for their parents and their families who are left to grieve and miss them so terribly.
GOPidiots

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Crybaby Bonehead couldn't even get his own Party to vote for his own crappy Plan B bill.
Republiclowns can't get anything right.
GOPidiots

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Christie to Obama: "I'll support you if you persuade Cory Booker not to run for Governor."
Obama to Christie: "Cory who?"
Guess you didn't bother to read the link YOU posted from Huffpo which described Booker and Christie's friendly relationship, and the belief by many in NJ that Booker would not persue the Gov job.
You were the one who insisted fatboy should have run for President.
forks_make_us_fa t

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Skilled, trained like Nancy Lanza? How'd that work out for her bobo?
You're all retarded. Not an iota of your own brain power. Friggin wussies who need arsenals becuse you're missing the family jewels and your brain.
You...the one who needs social security to 'retire' and obammie care to save you from cigarettes...
GOPidiots

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Bill O reilly wrote:
Power
Every time a new law is passed the state grows more powerful and the individual becomes weaker.
This is where Obama is taking this country, the logical outcome is a China or a Cuba.
Sadly, the vast majority of liberals and democrats are too stupid and ignorant to see it.
It's idiot boxes like you that are sending moderate Americans to the Democratic Party.
Happily, you are too stupid and ignorant to see it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
those precious children are happier where they are than here
Many Christians do not believe that pile of crap.
GOPidiots

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The legal and clinical definitions of insanity are two entirely different things.
One can be "insane" and still be completely rational.
You are living proof!
forks_make_us_fa t

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

GOPidiots wrote:
Crybaby Bonehead couldn't even get his own Party to vote for his own crappy Planm B bill.
Republiclowns can't get anything right.
'57' states

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••