Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
763,161 - 763,180 of 1,079,668 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“I've visited all 57 states!”

Since: Mar 12

Jivetown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

VP Joe Biden wrote:
Hi folks!! I'm hard at work with my task force to reduce gun violence, and I wondered if anyone here had any questions or comments?
Yes. Did a gun ban stop Ted Kennedy from murdering Mary Jo K?

Will you be banning cars and bridges and drunkard Democrats next?

Hic-up!

http://fatboy.cc/

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
He answered the question perfectly, and it's ironic that anything posted that makes sense is considered Liberal thinking. lol
How many times to greet the UPS guy dropping a parcel off with a Ak47 and that is the whole point. When you need a gun to protect yourself (so called) then 9 times out of 10 it won't be available. The rest of the time it's in a draw or glove box somewhere waiting for kids to get a hold of it and shoot their brother.
That's funny. I grew up in a home of hunters with multiple guns available. That was every home I knew of. And, nothing like what you described ever happened.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

You will be missed. And remembered. You have been a pleasure.

I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year ...!

Always liked 'ya, my "get-back-jack-flack " !!

Take Care ... Best to You and Daughters, Always.:)
flack wrote:
Well to day is the last day of school so in the next 12 days may not be on here much. New life starts after the first of the year so won't be on much then either. But I will pop in from time to time. Anyway Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year if I don't make it back on. It has been a pleasure debating the issues and the laughs.

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

The personal protection argument used to defend assault rifles is flawed. Most NRA gun owners are familiar with the operation of guns and are proficient in their use. An assault rifle that sprays almost two bullets a second in the hands of a deranged killer takes away this advantage.
Logically, it is not in the best interest of an honest gun owner to have the playing field leveled by a weapon that only requires the user to be able to pull the trigger.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

VP Joe Biden wrote:
Hi folks!! I'm hard at work with my task force to reduce gun violence, and I wondered if anyone here had any questions or comments?
I do! I do!.... Will you be offering free Escalades for every stolen gun gang bangers turn in.......with spinners?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Before ‘Plan B’ tax bill, Boehner said similar proposal would ‘kill jobs’

http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/20/before-plan...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Obama: Boehner Concedes on Taxes: Rejecting Reagan, Kemp

So the President strolls into the White House press room and, among other things, announces that Speaker Boehner has conceded on taxes… that taxes must go up.

This is exactly what Obama has been after all along. A rejection of conservatism, and a specific rejection of the legacies of Ronald Reagan and Jack Kemp.

In an act of massive political malpractice, Speaker Boehner has effectively lent his name to this repudiation of Reagan and Kemp.

Will House Republicans go along with this? Where is Paul Ryan?

One suspects hell will freeze over — at least in the GOP outside the precincts of the House.

http://spectator.org/blog/2012/12/19/obama-bo...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
The personal protection argument used to defend assault rifles is flawed. Most NRA gun owners are familiar with the operation of guns and are proficient in their use. An assault rifle that sprays almost two bullets a second in the hands of a deranged killer takes away this advantage.
Logically, it is not in the best interest of an honest gun owner to have the playing field leveled by a weapon that only requires the user to be able to pull the trigger.
Be careful when you start talking logic, it scares a few of them off. I think you are a hunter as I have seen from some of the posts would it make a huge difference to you not being able to use an assault weapon to go deer hunting? I doubt it.

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The over-under for the number of murders in Chicago between Friday morning and the day after Christmas is... oh, say, 20. That's the number of children murdered in Connecticutt. Will there be more murders in Chicago over the Christmas weekend than children killed in Connecticutt, or fewer?
What's your pick? Over, or under?
"DBWriter"
Poor choice of an example. Liberal loons like "real dumb" do not dwell on the everyday happenings you know like regular every day old murders. There is no shock family. He has no empathy for those folks, it's not newsworthy, those who lost loved ones in those murders get no comment for "real dumb", he likes events,you know events where he can come off as a caring person.
Peace
KMA

Jivetown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
The same can be said about other semi auto weapons until we are all eating with sporks.

Go kill a squirrel, nut.

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Jean! Why no trips to Florida the last couple of years? FAA ground your broom?
"flack"
Be kind!!!!!
"jean" just got out of rehab. We do not want lose her, the bs she spews is always good for a chuckle.
Peace

Jivetown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

So, they fired that janitors at the State Department over the Benghazi massacre.

Everyone has clammed up. That mess could have been prevented. Hillary got a headache and can't make it until next month.

It's too bad the lily white rich Democrats in the Connecticut town had that happen at the hands of one of their own, but it's also sad what happened in Benghazi.

Waco was a good example of government out of control, Benghazi was a good example of incompetence.

Libtards and their propoganda machines, the liberal press just ignore what doesn't fit their politics and the Government Class goes bezerk on other things.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"DBWriter"
Poor choice of an example. Liberal loons like "real dumb" do not dwell on the everyday happenings you know like regular every day old murders. There is no shock family. He has no empathy for those folks, it's not newsworthy, those who lost loved ones in those murders get no comment for "real dumb", he likes events,you know events where he can come off as a caring person.
Peace
KMA
So, when they discover that a faulty switch might make your Ford explode, they should not make Ford recall them because after all, what's a few blown up car owners when so many die in accidents anyway.

When it was discovered that certain over the counter drugs were being utilized to make crack, I guess they should have said, so what. Making these over the counter remidies harder to get won't stop the drug trade, so why bother.

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're late to the conversation you need to do your own catching up.
"DBWriter"
Do not ask "dumos" for proof. He offers no facts. He is into lying, dodging and dancing. A true Liberaltatianloon.
Peace

Jivetown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful when you start talking logic, it scares a few of them off. I think you are a hunter as I have seen from some of the posts would it make a huge difference to you not being able to use an assault weapon to go deer hunting? I doubt it.
They have all but banned hunting in the U.K. Ask the insane white haired thread gun nut how he feels about that if you want to see a hypocrite sqirm.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Yeah! What kind of malarkey were YOU pedaling back in 2008 ?!?

Biden bin Beretta !?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
VP Joe Biden wrote:

Jivetown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"flack"
Be kind!!!!!
"jean" just got out of rehab. We do not want lose her, the bs she spews is always good for a chuckle.
Peace
Good one, Eed.
forks_make_us_fa t

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was really about what the founders intended then every household should be armed with a single shot musket loader rifle. That would comply and the baseball bat as a side arm.
No matter how you cherry pick stats, the over all stats are the real truth. No other country in the world has more die of gunshot wounds than the USA even by per head of population. The middle east is the only close competitor at the moment. Can you imagine for instance if China let its population have guns. I'm sure that would add to their civil order with a population of that size.
Which is what you don't seem to fatham, the population at the time the constitution was drawn lup was about 80 times less than what it is now. A monumental difference, especially when you consider how much infrastructure was in place at the time. No FBI, No homeland security, No LA PD, NO CIA, No Massive military that is best equiped on the planet. Yet you feel you need MORE protection ?????
When everyone else with common sense translates it as my family would feel a lot safer if people like you didn't own a gun.
You need to know that several nations have higher rates of death due to firearms...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countr...

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
No one needs an assault rifle or even a semi-automatic to hunt. Bolt action rifles are more accurate and not as likely to jam up.
This gun control debate is all about fear. You can almost see these right wing guys trembling as they post here.(See Subversive Barry above.)

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I meant; obstacles won't be a deterrant, just like the death penalty isn't. The person is determined to kill and not worried about consequences.
Do we institutionalize those who are deemed a potential danger to society?
"silly"
For the most part we do not institutionalize those with mental problems. There are to damn many attorneys working to keep them on the street. Then if they commit an atrocity those same attorneys blame it on an unfair society.
Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 min voice of peace 67,928
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 2 hr joey 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr ritedownthemiddle 45,779
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 4 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Amy 7-24 4 hr loose cannon 19
Abby 7-24 5 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••