Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826591 Dec 20, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Does A Speaker Survive This?
The likely truth is that John Boehner never had the votes to cut a deal with President Obama. Any deal. Not a grand bargain of deficit reduction. Not a piecemeal deal that might have lessened the blow of all the Bush tax cuts expiring on Jan. 1. Nothing.
If thatís true, as I strongly suspect it is, then, yes, the last six weeks since the election have been a tour de force of kabuki theater. His Plan B was probably, in that scenario, his last ditch effort to escape this fiasco without having to admit that he never had the votes. Now that has failed, too, after a desperate 11th hour attempt to cajole, whip and bludgeon his Republican Members into voting for it.
It is easy to overreact to these things in the moment, to overread them. But Speaker Boehner just put it all on the line. The entire nation was watching, and he was exposed. He knows it. His conference knows it. Anyone left in Washington who had doubts about this speakerís clout now knows it, too. In a parliamentary system, he would resign and his party would elect a new leader. We donít do it that way here Ö usually. But itís hard to see how Speaker Boehner continues from here ó or why he would want to.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2012/12...
Another interpretation is that Obama has lost his best opportunity to make a deal.

That is, if he ever wanted to make a deal.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#826592 Dec 20, 2012
China Demands US Citizens Be Disarmed

http://conservativebyte.com/2012/12/china-dem...
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#826593 Dec 20, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that your rants are ridiculous.
Do you honestly believe that some of those folks in church weren't liberals, and that it wasn't there first trip to a church?
their...my bad, it's past my bedtime.
Some of us have to work un the morning.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#826594 Dec 20, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW Carol, our (public) school had it's annual holiday show tonight, which includeda performance of 'A Christmas Carol' which included the line "God bless us, everyone"
Take that and shove it up your faux war on Christmas and liberal school BS.
Leo.....

"...which includeda performance..."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826595 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Cholera is a bacteria found in poor water sanitation successfully treated with oral rehydration salts and cholera vaccines.
So, you see, God created the medicinal components in nature to combat our own negligence. Safe water and sanitation again falls back on man to take care of what God has created.
But Jesus freaks oppose vaccines and the use of chlorine to make drinking water safe.

God may have created man, but man created medicines, vaccines, etc.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826596 Dec 20, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe one of the tea party nuts will take his place.
then we'll really see some gridlock.
Exactly.

Is that what you want?
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#826597 Dec 20, 2012
HAVE HATE WILL TRAVEL wrote:
THIS board is full of chris hansons lol
That dushebag got caught cheating on his wife..by HIDDEN CAMERA!!! LOL!!!!
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#826598 Dec 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So now Obama gets what he wants, a swan dive over the fiscal cliff.
Happy?
No,and neither will most Americans, but the trouble for trolls like you is that zObama won't be blamed.
How is it Obama's fault that crybaby can't control his own caucus?
carol

Orlando, FL

#826599 Dec 20, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that your rants are ridiculous.
Do you honestly believe that some of those folks in church weren't liberals, and that it wasn't there first trip to a church?
No, I didn't say that at all. Not even sure how you arrived at that conclusion.

But it's okay. It's all going to be okay. Let's just stick to politics knowing God is still in control.

Okay, I'll still know. Is that okay with you?
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#826600 Dec 20, 2012
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Leo.....
"...which includeda performance..."
Yeah, so I'm not a great typist on my phone.
Far cry from 'stomack'
But keep up the 24/7 whining, and better luck next time.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#826601 Dec 20, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you don't keep up with events, Lanza killed himself before he would have to face an armed adversary.
And, Lanza chose the most defenseless victims he could find.
I can tell you a little about his state of mind. He was insane. If you don't come to that conclusion after knowing that he slaughtered defenseless 5 year olds, then you shouldn't even be commenting here.
Let's review some of the facts:
He was allowed to seclude himself and not interact with society.
He spent his life playing video games pretending to slaughter images that presented no real threat to him.
He slaughtered people that presented no real threat to him.
He killed himself before he would have to face people that presented a real threat to him.
Who cares about the details of his thoughts. It's obvious he was violently insane. If you're going to digress, then I'd suggest a digression in the direction of how he became detatched from society and why he chose the most defenseless victims he could find.
It should be very obvious he had no intent of confronting anything that wasn't defenseless.
Just the presence of an armed guard would have prevented this.
You don't know what went on in his mind. He might have lost control because of smoking marijana. That's why they prohibit it on naval submarines and on air force planes.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#826603 Dec 20, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
What accounted for the other 69%?
Guns! People running away from guns crashed and died.
Horrible. Horrible.
Proboly from smoking marijana.
bibleProphecy

AOL

#826604 Dec 20, 2012

*****ISRAEL -- POPE negotiations RE: MIDEAST PEACE

&fe ature=plcp

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826605 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's inconceivable any Christian wouldn't believe that.
Every Christian knows this world is not our home. Heaven and eternal life comes with the territory of being a believer.
So I'm not sure to which Christians you are referring.
However, my interest is piqued.
You belong to a radical sect of Christianity that takes every word in the Bible literally.

Most Christians have more intelligence than that, but turn to religion to console themselves in the face of events that they cannot accept.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826606 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The first place the people of Newtown, Connecticut, went after the tragedy to be comforted was a church.
There's a reason for that.
Habit.

Guilt.
carol

Orlando, FL

#826607 Dec 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
But Jesus freaks oppose vaccines and the use of chlorine to make drinking water safe.
God may have created man, but man created medicines, vaccines, etc.
God created man and medicinal plants and man learned how to make pharmaceutical medicines out of them.

Is that what you meant to say?

Anyway, I don't know any Jesus freaks myself. But I know of the people you're talking about...who take things way too far.

They also don't represent most Christians.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826608 Dec 20, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Everybody suffers from some form of mental illness.
Speak for yourself.
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#826610 Dec 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Another interpretation is that Obama has lost his best opportunity to make a deal.
That is, if he ever wanted to make a deal.
The minority interpretation, unless of course you're watching Fox News, where polling showed Romney in a landslide.
carol

Orlando, FL

#826611 Dec 20, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW Carol, our (public) school had it's annual holiday show tonight, which includeda performance of 'A Christmas Carol' which included the line "God bless us, everyone"
Take that and shove it up your faux war on Christmas and liberal school BS.
Sure wish I knew what has made you so angry.

I'm happy about your school's annual holiday show. Why wouldn't I be?
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#826613 Dec 20, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
My Rem 700 is chambered in 7mm UltraMag, and it is a custom gun with a match barrel and work done on the trigger assembly. I've used the Rem 700 in 7.62 NATO a lot when I was in the Marines. It was always a very dependable and reliable piece. I preferred it over the Winchester model 70. Both, though, have a reputation for reliability and dependability.
My AR-10 is chambered in 7.62 NATO. The gas system is designed for the 7.62 NATO. The .308 Rem can cause problems ejecting a round because it doesn't generate enough pressure delivered to the gas system. However, the casing dimensions are identical.
WOO..WOO..We're impressed! Such knowledge about deadly assault guns. Did you cut and past that info from Wikipedia or a NRA gun nut website? My AR-10.5 has a chambered 7.63 NATO gas bullets and I'm getting it bored out to a 7.64. Then I'm getting my 308 Rem bored out to a 309 or maybe even a 310 so it don't have problems ejaculating. Don't f'k with me school kids!!! You NRA gun nuts are such retards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min IBdaMann 48,553
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 55 min primetime justice 98,694
After Ferguson the Protest Should Move to Chicago. 58 min Always Smile 10
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dale 180,847
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr ChristmasIsJesus 51,243
Amy Nov 26 2 hr RACE 2
Abby Nov 26 2 hr RACE 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:11 am PST