Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,156)

Showing posts 763,101 - 763,120 of1,071,579
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The details of his thoughts are the real point, aren't they? After all, guns don't kill people, people do. I never said that the American populace isn't desensitized through movies, television, social networking, music, video games. You somehow cling to the hypothesis that it is a sure certain absolute fail-proof bet that an armed security guard would have prevented or changed that day. Sadly, we'll never know - and by "we" I include you. What I do know is that he knew the school, and that even a deranged madman would tactically understand to take out the security guard first.
You are partially correct. He's dead, so we can't study him to determine what he most likely would have done.
However, we do have similar cases to compare. All such cases have the fact that they killer selected what they thought were defenseless victims. Of the many cases we have to reference, I am not aware of one case where the killer defeated armed security to commit their murders. I am aware of the usual case where when armed security arrives, they kill themselves. I think it is a logical conclusion that they will avoid armed security, and seek only defenseless victims.
When there is a case where someone defeats armed security to commit mass the murder of victims made defenseless by the killer's defeat of the armed security, then your argument will have credence. It has no credence when all like cases are the killer selecting what they think are defenseless victims. They kill themselves when another gun shows up.
Thus, if an armed guard were present, this would almost certainly never have happened.
Forks_Make_us_fa t

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

From the 'i spilled HOT coffee on myself, now pay me' file...

BAN coffee pots! THEY can burn you...

LEGISLATE it...make coffee 'iced' only...

"JCS has received 164 reports of the brewing chamber opening due to steam pressure, including approximately 59 reports in the U.S. and two in Canada of burn injuries to consumers' face, upper torso and hands."

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/1...
Forks_Make_us_fa t

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

HELP Pelosi...

HOT clothes dryers cause fires!

Legislate the heat away...

BAN all instances of heating with your clothes dryer....

"LG Electronics and Sears have received 141 consumer complaints about dryers continuing to heat after the drying cycle is complete. There were three reports of minor burns to hands or arms. Burnt or scorched clothing was reported in more than 50 incidents"

Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
Well to day is the last day of school so in the next 12 days may not be on here much. New life starts after the first of the year so won't be on much then either. But I will pop in from time to time. Anyway Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year if I don't make it back on. It has been a pleasure debating the issues and the laughs.
Finally getting circumcised eh?

Well if nothing else Flacko, you turned me in to a Mountaineer's fan, well, you and Gino did.
Forks_Make_us_fa t

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

The world has gone 'bats'

Tell the public about the dangers of baseball bats...

they can kill...and hit homers...

$850K...JACKPOT!!!!
...becuase I did not know a baseball bat was dangerous...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,570153,00...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
your list has been noted, and will be taken into account when the black helicopter shows up to take you to the FEMA camp in Wyoming/North Korea.
and how much ammo do you have?
Just enough for myself. I don't plan on engaging in protracted firefights. If your ability to maneuver is taken away, you're done. It won't matter how much ammunition you have. And, I don't really need to burn up a lot of ammunition familiarizing myself with weapons. Just enough to make one or two trips a year to a range, but not enough to make me a target when order breaks down.
I guess I can tell you. This is a rough estimate.
500 rds 7.62 NATO (lifetime supply)
200 rds 7mm UM (lifetime supply)
200 rds .357 mag (lifetime supply)
25 rds 12 ga slugs (lifetime supply, I don't hunt deer)
50 rds 12 ga 00 buck (lifetime supply, I don't hunt deer)
25 rds 16 ga #1 buck (lifetime supply, I don't hunt deer)
150 rds 16 ga #4 (geese and duck)
25 rds 20 ga #3 buck (lifetime supply, I don't hunt deer)
100 rds 20 ga #6 (dove/quail/squirrel)

I always advise everyone I know that hording thousands of rounds of ammunition will only make them a target when order breaks down, which is what they fear.

For the competitive shooting enthusiast that commonly takes their piece to a range, burning a couple of hundred rounds a month is usual. For the person who is just playing, there isn't enough ammunition for them. Besides, that type of person won't be any help if you need them. And, they tend to be less disciplined and safe than I demand of people in my proximity carrying a firearm.

This is what I would suggest for anyone who already has a significant level of proficiency with firearms. If a person is developing proficiency, then there will be a rate of consumption to take into consideration.

“I've visited all 57 states!”

Since: Mar 12

Jivetown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Forks_Make_us_fat wrote:
The world has gone 'bats'
Tell the public about the dangers of baseball bats...
they can kill...and hit homers...
$850K...JACKPOT!!!!
...becuase I did not know a baseball bat was dangerous...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,570153,00...
We should ban all sports because some kids die. We already stopped you from buying 16oz soda because you might get fat.

Us Democrats know best! Look at what a great job I've done with solar and the debt! I forgot, so can anyone tell me why I won the Nobel peace Prize? Four more years!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

I forgot to mention wabbit. I hunt wabbit.

Jivetown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Forks_Make_us_fat wrote:
HELP Pelosi...
"LG Electronics and Sears have received 141 consumer complaints about dryers continuing to heat after the drying cycle is complete. There were three reports of minor burns to hands or arms. Burnt or scorched clothing was reported in more than 50 incidents"
Ban clothes dryers! Back to the caves for everyone, except us Al Gore types! We just tell others how to behave.

Jivetown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
I forgot to mention wabbit. I hunt wabbit.
Ban wabbits!
IToldYouSo

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Forks_Make_us_fat wrote:
Ban bikes....they fall over...
"Salsa Cycles Recalls Bicycle Racks Due to a Fall Hazard"
Legislation to prevent us from falling off a bike must be passed ASAP!
The Consumer Product Safety Commission is better than the movie "Faces of Death". Funny every product you linked to is made outside the country.

Jivetown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
President Barack Obama's job approval rating reached 56 percent in Thursday's edition of the Gallup daily tracking poll, the highest mark since October 13, 2009.
Thursday's release also showed 37 percent disapprove of Obama, the lowest it's been in Gallup's polling since the same October 2009 release.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/g...
I knew you worshipped me! Are you in my cult? Government is your savior! We let the weak minded & lazy like you live off others.

Now, bow before me...

Jivetown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooooookay... then.... you might be losin' me here... Just one question: does the Bible/Torah/Book of Morons speak to the illegal aliens or just the legal ones?
It's your book. You should know. What's up with all your dumb questions?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Finally getting circumcised eh?
Well if nothing else Flacko, you turned me in to a Mountaineer's fan, well, you and Gino did.
Your welcome. Saturday December 29 3:30 PM WVU-Syracuse
IToldYouSo

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Forks_Make_us_fat wrote:
HELP Pelosi...
I think you have unwittingly just proved every product you posted recalls about are not worth the money we pay for them. The multinationals stated they needed to remain competitive for profitability's sake. Looks like the consumer is NOT getting what they are paying for. Every product, EVERY PRODUCT you referred to was not made in this country.

This proves what many have been saying for years, we are being ripped off and have been for 30+ years for certain. Good paying jobs are transferred oversea's and the labor cost savings is being offset by the inferior quality of the products coming to the USA.

Looks like the Consumer Product Safety Commission is providing to value added services for the price of one. Bring the jobs back to the USA and pay workers better!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Payback for "Sandy" treachery?
Newark Mayor Cory Booker announced Thursday that he plans to explore a possible bid for Senate in 2014, effectively ruling out a run against Republican New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
Booker revealed his plans in a web video posted late Thursday morning. In it, he vowed to complete his full second term as mayor, and added: "I will explore the possibility of running for the United States Senate in 2014."
The seat up in 2014 is currently held by Democrat Frank Lautenberg. There's no word on whether Lautenberg will retire. Lautenberg is 88. Booker is 43.
Booker was seen as the Democrats' best chance for taking on Christie in 2013, with both of them having emerged as national political figures. However, the Republican governor's approval ratings have been on the rise in the wake of Superstorm Sandy.
Not surprised. That would be a reasonable exchange from the Democrats for Christi sabotaging the election. Christi is assured to be seated as governor when he hopes everyone forgets how he sabotaged the election and gave it to Obama.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Forks_Make_us_fat wrote:
SONIC!!!! SONIC!!!!! SONIC!!!!!
Stop installing killer televisions...
Record number of deaths caused by maniac televisions!
Legislate the safety back into your SONY asap!
BAN killer tv's today!
"...shows that 349 consumers (84 percent of them were children younger than age 9) were killed between 2000 and 2011, when TVs, furniture or appliances toppled over onto them. Last year (2011) had the highest one-year number of fatalities reported. The 41 recorded fatalities is an increase from 31 in 2010 and 27 in 2009. This total also may increase in future years as additional fatalities are reported."
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml13/1...
i don't install TVs. projection screens.

any stats on falling projectors?
HAVE GUMS WILL TRAVEL

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

A POLL JUST SAID 80% OF AMERICANS DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD SHOULD I STOP lolo we should all follow the polls to live our lives this is a new ok GROUP THINK

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to post anything that relates to the idea that this kid in Newtown likely had no other sources for an assault like rifle other than his mother's arsenal.
The kid was a introvert. Few friends.
In this case, a ban on assault-like rifles would have meant his mother would not have had them & thereby the shooter would not have been armed with one nor knew how to operate one.
Nuts.
I suppose there would be a ban on hunting rifles, too. And a ban on sport rifles. And a ban on pistols. And how about a ban on kitchen knives. And, I almost completely forgot. According to Eric Holder, the most common weapon used in a violent attack is a baseball bat. I guess we have to ban baseball bats, too.
The mother was going to have guns. He was going to use one of those guns. It wouldn't have mattered what type of gun. And, he's a killer of the defenseless. If there were no guns, he'd just find some other way to kill some defenseless victims. This kid was going to be a serial killer, any way you look at it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Just enough for myself. I don't plan on engaging in protracted firefights. If your ability to maneuver is taken away, you're done. It won't matter how much ammunition you have. And, I don't really need to burn up a lot of ammunition familiarizing myself with weapons. Just enough to make one or two trips a year to a range, but not enough to make me a target when order breaks down.
I guess I can tell you. This is a rough estimate.
500 rds 7.62 NATO (lifetime supply)
200 rds 7mm UM (lifetime supply)
200 rds .357 mag (lifetime supply)
25 rds 12 ga slugs (lifetime supply, I don't hunt deer)
50 rds 12 ga 00 buck (lifetime supply, I don't hunt deer)
25 rds 16 ga #1 buck (lifetime supply, I don't hunt deer)
150 rds 16 ga #4 (geese and duck)
25 rds 20 ga #3 buck (lifetime supply, I don't hunt deer)
100 rds 20 ga #6 (dove/quail/squirrel)
I always advise everyone I know that hording thousands of rounds of ammunition will only make them a target when order breaks down, which is what they fear.
For the competitive shooting enthusiast that commonly takes their piece to a range, burning a couple of hundred rounds a month is usual. For the person who is just playing, there isn't enough ammunition for them. Besides, that type of person won't be any help if you need them. And, they tend to be less disciplined and safe than I demand of people in my proximity carrying a firearm.
This is what I would suggest for anyone who already has a significant level of proficiency with firearms. If a person is developing proficiency, then there will be a rate of consumption to take into consideration.
thank you.

now can you give me mic check? and no really, that's not a camera. or 4.(gun collection lookin' good!)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 763,101 - 763,120 of1,071,579
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

59 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 min Frijoles 68,123
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min LRS 173,554
Abby 7-10 28 min Nigbama 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 97,429
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Washington DC 45,436
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014 48,682
Amy 7-10 2 hr Julie 8
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••