Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826493 Dec 20, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
Republicans push us toward depression
This isn't good news for Republicans because a large majority (53 percent to 38 percent) of the electorate blames George W. Bush not Barack Obama for the condition of today's economy.
If true, just proves that it is impossible to cure stupid.
Jean

Newburgh, NY

#826494 Dec 20, 2012
new yawk wrote:
Thanks for the answer. That's what the "news" always tells us.
The crazy shot themself. IF there were skilled, trained, licensed armed personnel with a firearm, they could have shot him dead BEFORE he harmed any little children. Hiding and cowering.
They had no chance. No defense. NO protection.
Stricter Gun Laws. What a freakin' joke. While Law Abiding Gun Owners, who rarely ever kill a person with their weapon, should be disarmed, criminals and crazies will still be armed.
And just wondering WHY he wore a bullet proof vest ( to a Gun Free Zone ), so the news reported. IF he had planned on killing himself, then it wouldn't have been to avoid being riddled with Law Enforcement bullets ... Just seems an "oddity" in this story.
<quoted text>
Skilled, trained like Nancy Lanza? How'd that work out for her bobo?
You're all retarded. Not an iota of your own brain power. Friggin wussies who need arsenals becuse you're missing the family jewels and your brain.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826495 Dec 20, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Larry Alan Burns, the federal district judge in San Diego who just last month sentenced Tuscon shooter Jared Lee Loughner to seven consecutive life terms plus 140 years in federal prison, is no darling of the gun control movement.
Burns is a self-described conservative, appointed to the bench by President George W. Bush, and he agrees with the Supreme Court’s decision in District of Columbia vs. Heller, which held that the 2nd Amendment gives Americans the right to own guns for self-defense. He is also a gun owner.
But while sentencing Loughner in November, Burns questioned the need for high-capacity magazines like the one Loughner had in his Glock, and said he regretted how the Federal Assault Weapons Ban was allowed to lapse in 2004. On Thursday, reacting to last week’s mass shooting in Newtown, Conn., Burns publicly called for a new assault weapons ban “with some teeth this time,” in an op-ed published by The Los Angeles Times.
“Ban the manufacture, importation, sale, transfer and possession of both assault weapons and high-capacity magazines,” Burns wrote.“Don’t let people who already have them keep them. Don’t let ones that have already been manufactured stay on the market. I don’t care whether it’s called gun control or a gun ban. I’m for it.”
Burns argued that while the ban that expired in 2004 wasn’t very stringent,“at least it was something.” Half of the nation’s deadliest shootings, Burns pointed out, have occurred since the ban expired. In his view, high-capacity magazines fall outside the scope of good-faith debates about gun violence.
“I get it.” Burns wrote.“Someone bent on mass murder who has only a 10-round magazine or revolvers at his disposal probably is not going to abandon his plan and instead try to talk his problems out. But we might be able to take the ‘mass’ out of ‘mass shooting,’ or at least make the perpetrator’s job a bit harder.”
Here’s how Burns concluded his piece:
There is just no reason civilians need to own assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Gun enthusiasts can still have their venison chili, shoot for sport and competition, and make a home invader flee for his life without pretending they are a part of the SEAL team that took out Osama bin Laden.
It speaks horribly of the public discourse in this country that talking about gun reform in the wake of a mass shooting is regarded as inappropriate or as politicizing the tragedy. But such a conversation is political only to those who are ideologically predisposed to see regulation of any kind as the creep of tyranny. And it is inappropriate only to those delusional enough to believe it would disrespect the victims of gun violence to do anything other than sit around and mourn their passing. Mourning is important, but so is decisive action.
Congress must reinstate and toughen the ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/201...
Federal judges should apply the law that exists and not advocate new legislation. This editorial should disqualify Burns from any related case.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#826496 Dec 20, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
For the most part we do not institutionalize those with mental problems. There are to damn many attorneys working to keep them on the street. Then if they commit an atrocity those same attorneys blame it on an unfair society.
Peace
That's one of the dumbest posts ever, even for you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826497 Dec 20, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
True, it's hard to believe that anyone in his right mind could do such a thing
The legal and clinical definitions of insanity are two entirely different things.

One can be "insane" and still be completely rational.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826498 Dec 20, 2012
Christie to Obama: "I'll support you if you persuade Cory Booker not to run for Governor."

Obama to Christie: "Cory who?"
carol

Orlando, FL

#826499 Dec 20, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! Ya mean like Byrd lynching blacks? Where's your source for that? I've been asking since yesterday.
Homer, that's the first I saw of your list, thanks.
Guilt by association. I've been telling you that since yesterday.
carol

Orlando, FL

#826500 Dec 20, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So, do you really think that God punished all those children and teachers by instructing that kid to massacre them because he's mad that prayers are not in schools and someone was teaching them to be a homo and an animal? Do you really buy into that garbage?
No, I think that young man's heart was hardened and those precious children are happier where they are than here. It's just sad for their parents and their families who are left to grieve and miss them so terribly.
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#826502 Dec 20, 2012
Crybaby Bonehead couldn't even get his own Party to vote for his own crappy Plan B bill.
Republiclowns can't get anything right.
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#826504 Dec 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
Christie to Obama: "I'll support you if you persuade Cory Booker not to run for Governor."
Obama to Christie: "Cory who?"
Guess you didn't bother to read the link YOU posted from Huffpo which described Booker and Christie's friendly relationship, and the belief by many in NJ that Booker would not persue the Gov job.
You were the one who insisted fatboy should have run for President.
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#826505 Dec 20, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Skilled, trained like Nancy Lanza? How'd that work out for her bobo?
You're all retarded. Not an iota of your own brain power. Friggin wussies who need arsenals becuse you're missing the family jewels and your brain.
You...the one who needs social security to 'retire' and obammie care to save you from cigarettes...
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#826506 Dec 20, 2012
Bill O reilly wrote:
Power
Every time a new law is passed the state grows more powerful and the individual becomes weaker.
This is where Obama is taking this country, the logical outcome is a China or a Cuba.
Sadly, the vast majority of liberals and democrats are too stupid and ignorant to see it.
It's idiot boxes like you that are sending moderate Americans to the Democratic Party.
Happily, you are too stupid and ignorant to see it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826507 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
those precious children are happier where they are than here
Many Christians do not believe that pile of crap.
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#826508 Dec 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The legal and clinical definitions of insanity are two entirely different things.
One can be "insane" and still be completely rational.
You are living proof!
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#826509 Dec 20, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
Crybaby Bonehead couldn't even get his own Party to vote for his own crappy Planm B bill.
Republiclowns can't get anything right.
'57' states
carol

Orlando, FL

#826510 Dec 20, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's a lie Carol, on someones part. Syria is/was a longtime ally to Saddam's bitter enemy Iran.
Whatever___you're welcome to name the general and scientist, I'm sure you have that info handy, it should at least be good for a few laughs.
One of Saddam's top generals, General Georges Sada, wrote a book entitled "Saddam's Secrets: How an Iraqi General Defied and Survived Saddam Hussein".

He has also been interviewed numerous times. He said Saddam sent WMDs to Syria.

The Iraqi scientist was interviewed on Al-Fayhaa TV (Iraq).

&pl aynext=1&list=PL16AB60E637 722BEE&feature=results_vid eo

There's also the CIA website.

https://www.cia.gov/news-information/speeches...

Statement on the Interim Progress Report on the Activities of the Iraq Survey Group

Statement by David Kay on the Interim Progress Report on the Activities of the Iraq Survey Group (ISG) Before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, the House Committee on Sppropriations, Subcommittee on Defense, and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence

"Saddam, at least as judged by those scientists and other insiders who worked in his military-industrial programs, had not given up his aspirations and intentions to continue to acquire weapons of mass destruction. Even those senior officials we have interviewed who claim no direct knowledge of any on-going prohibited activities readily acknowledge that Saddam intended to resume these programs whenever the external restrictions were removed. Several of these officials acknowledge receiving inquiries since 2000 from Saddam or his sons about how long it would take to either restart CW production or make available chemical weapons."
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#826511 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think that young man's heart was hardened and those precious children are happier where they are than here. It's just sad for their parents and their families who are left to grieve and miss them so terribly.
If those kids are so much happier now,where they are, then you should rejoice everytime an abortion is performed. You're all twisted.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#826512 Dec 20, 2012
In a stunning defeat, Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) called off a vote Thursday night on his Plan B to avert the fiscal cliff, citing a lack of support from his own party.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/b...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#826513 Dec 20, 2012
Does A Speaker Survive This?

The likely truth is that John Boehner never had the votes to cut a deal with President Obama. Any deal. Not a grand bargain of deficit reduction. Not a piecemeal deal that might have lessened the blow of all the Bush tax cuts expiring on Jan. 1. Nothing.

If that’s true, as I strongly suspect it is, then, yes, the last six weeks since the election have been a tour de force of kabuki theater. His Plan B was probably, in that scenario, his last ditch effort to escape this fiasco without having to admit that he never had the votes. Now that has failed, too, after a desperate 11th hour attempt to cajole, whip and bludgeon his Republican Members into voting for it.

It is easy to overreact to these things in the moment, to overread them. But Speaker Boehner just put it all on the line. The entire nation was watching, and he was exposed. He knows it. His conference knows it. Anyone left in Washington who had doubts about this speaker’s clout now knows it, too. In a parliamentary system, he would resign and his party would elect a new leader. We don’t do it that way here … usually. But it’s hard to see how Speaker Boehner continues from here — or why he would want to.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2012/12...
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#826514 Dec 20, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
If those kids are so much happier now,where they are, then you should rejoice everytime an abortion is performed. You're all twisted.
Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 18 min scirocco 70,993
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 19 min barefoot2626 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 56 min edogxxx 98,835
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 57 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,753
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,880
Deat Abby 12-16 2 hr cheluzal 71
Abby 12-18 3 hr RACE 6
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:26 pm PST

NFL12:26PM
Trestman on Cutler benching: I think we need a spark
Yahoo! Sports12:48 PM
Jay Cutler wants to stay in Chicago, but will the Bears keep him?
NBC Sports 1:35 PM
Jimmy Clausen: 'Gained knowledge' since last start in 2010
NBC Sports 1:50 PM
Marc Trestman: 'I think we need a lift at quarterback'
ESPN 2:17 PM
Cutler: 'Crossed my mind' Bears tenure over