Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#826581 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be surprised how many atheists convert when faced with death.
Liberals and teachers are just as human and fragile as the rest of us during times of inconsolable grief.
I'm really not sure what your point is.
My point is that your rants are ridiculous.
Do you honestly believe that some of those folks in church weren't liberals, and that it wasn't there first trip to a church?
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#826582 Dec 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do all the urban gangbangers get their guns?
Many are illegal aliens who can't even produce ID.
They steal them from "legal gun owners". All guns started out as "legally purchased" firearms. That's why all private gun ownership should be banned. If they are banned they won't be available for criminals to steal. It's so simple even a dolt like you should be able to understand it.
carol

Orlando, FL

#826583 Dec 20, 2012
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Try educating yourself.
It's never too late to learn a fact or two.
Law of Conservation of Energy
http://library.thinkquest.org/2745/data/lawce...
http://www.neok12.com/Law-of-Conservation.htm
Now, I dare you and every other rightwing moranus to take an example of the 5th grade FCAT in Science
http://fcat.fldoe.org/pdf/FL06_STM_TB_g5_S_r3...
Science is not Liberal or Conservative...it's simply Science.
You have to go one step further than the obvious. The physics of energy or anything in the natural world doesn't answer the question of the physics or the natural phenomenon itself. That's the step some simply can't take.

After you come to the end of all scientific explanations, go one step further and there is no answer.

As an atheistic college professor I once had heard himself say in disbelief when I asked him to take the next step, "That's of another realm."

He looked like a deer caught in headlines. He had just lectured an entire auditorium that the mystery of the universe boiled down to the gas helium. I simply asked him after class where the helium came from.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826585 Dec 20, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
Crybaby Bonehead couldn't even get his own Party to vote for his own crappy Plan B bill.
Republiclowns can't get anything right.
So now Obama gets what he wants, a swan dive over the fiscal cliff.

Happy?
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#826586 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be surprised how many atheists convert when faced with death.
Liberals and teachers are just as human and fragile as the rest of us during times of inconsolable grief.
I'm really not sure what your point is.
BTW Carol, our (public) school had it's annual holiday show tonight, which includeda performance of 'A Christmas Carol' which included the line "God bless us, everyone"
Take that and shove it up your faux war on Christmas and liberal school BS.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#826587 Dec 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone who thinks the government is coming for your guns, you evidently don't realize that they now know you own these.
They will know who and where he is too. Under the Patriot Act, the Topix administrators are required to give anybody's IP address for anybody that Homeland Security requests. A warrant isn't even required. Once they have that, his actual location and identity will be easy for them to decipher.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826588 Dec 20, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
You are living proof!
Child molesters like GOPidiots should be exterminated.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#826589 Dec 20, 2012
Unions...

"LANSING — A speaker at a union protest against right-to-work legislation said if Gov. Rick Snyder signed the bill he would get “no rest” and that protesters would be at his ”daughter’s soccer game.”

http://www.ironicsurrealism.com/
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#826590 Dec 20, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Everybody suffers from some form of mental illness. That alone is good enough reason why the personal ownership of all firearms should be banned.
Banning all firearms is a ridiculous position.
That is as ideologically fringe as supporting assault weapons.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826591 Dec 20, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Does A Speaker Survive This?
The likely truth is that John Boehner never had the votes to cut a deal with President Obama. Any deal. Not a grand bargain of deficit reduction. Not a piecemeal deal that might have lessened the blow of all the Bush tax cuts expiring on Jan. 1. Nothing.
If that’s true, as I strongly suspect it is, then, yes, the last six weeks since the election have been a tour de force of kabuki theater. His Plan B was probably, in that scenario, his last ditch effort to escape this fiasco without having to admit that he never had the votes. Now that has failed, too, after a desperate 11th hour attempt to cajole, whip and bludgeon his Republican Members into voting for it.
It is easy to overreact to these things in the moment, to overread them. But Speaker Boehner just put it all on the line. The entire nation was watching, and he was exposed. He knows it. His conference knows it. Anyone left in Washington who had doubts about this speaker’s clout now knows it, too. In a parliamentary system, he would resign and his party would elect a new leader. We don’t do it that way here … usually. But it’s hard to see how Speaker Boehner continues from here — or why he would want to.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2012/12...
Another interpretation is that Obama has lost his best opportunity to make a deal.

That is, if he ever wanted to make a deal.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#826592 Dec 20, 2012
China Demands US Citizens Be Disarmed

http://conservativebyte.com/2012/12/china-dem...
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#826593 Dec 20, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly believe that some of those folks in church weren't liberals, and that it wasn't there first trip to a church?
their...my bad, it's past my bedtime.
Some of us have to work un the morning.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#826594 Dec 20, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW Carol, our (public) school had it's annual holiday show tonight, which includeda performance of 'A Christmas Carol' which included the line "God bless us, everyone"
Take that and shove it up your faux war on Christmas and liberal school BS.
Leo.....

"...which includeda performance..."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826595 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Cholera is a bacteria found in poor water sanitation successfully treated with oral rehydration salts and cholera vaccines.
So, you see, God created the medicinal components in nature to combat our own negligence. Safe water and sanitation again falls back on man to take care of what God has created.
But Jesus freaks oppose vaccines and the use of chlorine to make drinking water safe.

God may have created man, but man created medicines, vaccines, etc.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826596 Dec 20, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe one of the tea party nuts will take his place.
then we'll really see some gridlock.
Exactly.

Is that what you want?
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#826597 Dec 20, 2012
HAVE HATE WILL TRAVEL wrote:
THIS board is full of chris hansons lol
That dushebag got caught cheating on his wife..by HIDDEN CAMERA!!! LOL!!!!
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#826598 Dec 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So now Obama gets what he wants, a swan dive over the fiscal cliff.
Happy?
No,and neither will most Americans, but the trouble for trolls like you is that zObama won't be blamed.
How is it Obama's fault that crybaby can't control his own caucus?
carol

Orlando, FL

#826599 Dec 20, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't say that at all. Not even sure how you arrived at that conclusion.

But it's okay. It's all going to be okay. Let's just stick to politics knowing God is still in control.

Okay, I'll still know. Is that okay with you?
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#826600 Dec 20, 2012
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Leo.....
"...which includeda performance..."
Yeah, so I'm not a great typist on my phone.
Far cry from 'stomack'
But keep up the 24/7 whining, and better luck next time.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#826601 Dec 20, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you don't keep up with events, Lanza killed himself before he would have to face an armed adversary.
And, Lanza chose the most defenseless victims he could find.
I can tell you a little about his state of mind. He was insane. If you don't come to that conclusion after knowing that he slaughtered defenseless 5 year olds, then you shouldn't even be commenting here.
Let's review some of the facts:
He was allowed to seclude himself and not interact with society.
He spent his life playing video games pretending to slaughter images that presented no real threat to him.
He slaughtered people that presented no real threat to him.
He killed himself before he would have to face people that presented a real threat to him.
Who cares about the details of his thoughts. It's obvious he was violently insane. If you're going to digress, then I'd suggest a digression in the direction of how he became detatched from society and why he chose the most defenseless victims he could find.
It should be very obvious he had no intent of confronting anything that wasn't defenseless.
Just the presence of an armed guard would have prevented this.
You don't know what went on in his mind. He might have lost control because of smoking marijana. That's why they prohibit it on naval submarines and on air force planes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 184,969
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 23 min Mother Superior 51,360
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 32 min orange 71,554
Drones and the ISIS wunnerful folks. 1 hr donaldcmyers 8
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr donaldcmyers 69,123
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr donaldcmyers 51,503
Abby 2-28-15 12 hr Mister Tonka 8
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:57 pm PST

Bleacher Report 8:57PM
Bears' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency