Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1236771 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#826229 Dec 20, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know the reality of the wild west... the 21 shot Colt revolver, the saloon girls were always pretty and the good guys always wore the white hats. Wait, maybe I'm thinking about the Methodists?
I'd say watch the HBO series Deadwood(not sure why named after Fred), to see a more accurate description of life in the wild west.

Carol stuck in the 1950's with Flack, everything was candy coated back then.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#826230 Dec 20, 2012
Mosque arsonist tells court:‘I only know what I hear on Fox News’

An Indiana man convicted of setting fire to a mosque in Ohio told a judge on Wednesday that he committed the crimes because Fox News and conservative talk radio had convinced him that “most Muslims are terrorists.”

Randolph Linn, 52, accepted a plea deal in which he pled guilty to all charges in connection to setting a fire in the prayer room at the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo on Sept. 30. Under the deal, Linn is expected to serve 20 years in prison instead of 40.

Linn claimed that he had consumed 45 beers in the 6 hours before leaving his Indiana home to set fire to the mosque, which he had discovered while working as a truck driver.

After his arrest on Oct. 2, Assistant U.S. Attorney Ava Dusten said that Linn had told officers,“Fuck those Muslims… They would kill us if they got the chance.

Linn explained to the court that he had gotten “riled up” after watching Fox News

Raw Story ( http://s.tt/1xuMg )

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#826232 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably why Obama and his democrat-controlled congress expanded it.
They could see the advantages of doing so down the road. Not to protect us - but to protect them. Like now.
They extended it.

I know, I get those "e" words mixed up all the time too.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#826233 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
God created a perfect world. Cholera is the result of pollution created by man.
If the world is not perfect, it's because man has a free will to either love God or turn away from him. He didn't create robots.
It's the hope of a better life after this one and a more fulfilling life - even in the midst of suffering - while still living in this one.
Not only is that possible but it has been experienced by myself and millions of other people around the world.
If it helps, think of Star Wars. The battle between evil and good has been around since time began. That movie depicted it in the future.
Even the main character, what's-his-face, had a free will and was almost tempted to go to the dark side at one point.
That ongoing saga is now in the present.
Cholera is a bacteria, a life form, only God can create life no?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#826234 Dec 20, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Over
People will pay attention to this massacre of white children by a wealthy white boy. It hits home with them, they think of themselves, their children in their safe little communities.

No one gives a damn about drug dealers and gang bangers killing each other in Chicago. If the people in Chicago want to end this, then they have to do the work to do it.

The people of Newtown will; they are white, wealthy and have small children.

That's reality.

Location hidden

#826235 Dec 20, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed neither of you referenced the Constitution.
Care to explain that?
If you're late to the conversation you need to do your own catching up.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#826236 Dec 20, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
An Indiana man convicted of setting fire to a mosque in Ohio told a judge on Wednesday that he committed the crimes because Fox News and conservative talk radio had convinced him that “most Muslims are terrorists.”
Randolph Linn, 52, accepted a plea deal in which he pled guilty to all charges in connection to setting a fire in the prayer room at the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo on Sept. 30. Under the deal, Linn is expected to serve 20 years in prison instead of 40.
Linn claimed that he had consumed 45 beers in the 6 hours before leaving his Indiana home to set fire to the mosque, which he had discovered while working as a truck driver.
After his arrest on Oct. 2, Assistant U.S. Attorney Ava Dusten said that Linn had told officers,“Fuck those Muslims… They would kill us if they got the chance.
Linn explained to the court that he had gotten “riled up” after watching Fox News
Think of the Fox News viewers we have on here, Flack, Carol, Fredtard, DBWriter, <insert rightwing name here>, they all consider “most Muslims are terrorists.”

Location hidden

#826237 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure makes a lot more sense to believe in something greater than ourselves when it comes to the infinity of the universe and especially our own little world that is nothing else like what we've seen in our own backyard in our own little galaxy which floats among thousands of others out there in the blackness.
The miracle of life on this planet and the logic behind it cannot possibly be a simple fluke of nature or a massive coincidence.
It takes a much smaller brain to think that than to ponder something much greater and omnipotent being behind it all.
Either that or an astounding arrogance.
Yes, hence the tooth-fairy.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#826238 Dec 20, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree. Any first person combat video game player will be vigilant and target obstacles.
That's what I meant; obstacles won't be a deterrant, just like the death penalty isn't. The person is determined to kill and not worried about consequences.

Do we institutionalize those who are deemed a potential danger to society?
HAVE GUMS WILL TRAVEL

Bronx, NY

#826239 Dec 20, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone think this guy should be able to own an assault rifle?
MULTIPLES if gangbangers, BIKER gangs, MAFIA,TERRORISTS,robbers and thieves YES HE CAN AND DEFEND HIS RIGHT A LITTLE GIRL SAVED HER OWN LIFE WITh HER .22 PINK RIFLE LAST MONTH SPEAK ABOUT THAT CHILD she LIVED defended herself keep your agenda for the dictatorship because if it came you would embrace it until it didn't work for you thats why you vot4e
carol

Orlando, FL

#826241 Dec 20, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the new normal, carol. The MSM says it is so.
That is so true it's scary.

The media establishes the "norm".

Why tyrants in the past initially got away with what history eventually exposed as misdeeds.

The mainstream media promoting one political agenda should scare the phooey out of all of us.
Nj raider 1

United States

#826242 Dec 20, 2012
HAVE GUMS WILL TRAVEL wrote:
OBAMA don't CARE ABOUT black people THEY BEEN DYING IN CHI SINCE AND BEFORE HE WAS A SENATOR THE CARPETBAGGER DIDN'T PUT A BILL TOGETHER FOR NOTHING foh BARAK HE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE kenyan BROTHERS AND SISTERS BUT HE LOVE HIM some indenosian SISTER LOLOLNAW BLACKIE YOU DIDN'T WIN nuttin JUST WHITE DEMOCRATS THAT CAN MANIPULATE YOUR WEAKNESS EDUCATION LOLOL
You & your followers are dumb by definition. Something you don't like, you run to your computers & post stupid messages as a tactic of empowerment. The inevitable gun bill nears, you run out & by guns with no propose other than your delusional self sense of empowerment. Look up the bill Barack signed lastyear with the UN. This was already in the making. Sandy Hook was just his reason for the public. I've read only part of the treaty, but it states that in the state of emergency, the UN in conjunction with the US will go door to door & confiscate all firearms legal & illegal alike. Why do you all think they've been building mass graves & concentration camps all across the states? The NRA & your type are only feeding the beast by refusing to cooperate with simple gun bans. It also states that the united armed forces are to so so by force. Me personally, I dont care. I made a name in these streets without a gun & with no retaliation in fear for gun retaliation. I'm not making this up. I dont have a link, but just google Obama's treaty with the UN /gun confiscation & it should take you right to it. The only other times america spent vast amounts of money on ammunition was in the wake of wars. Hope ya'll gun nuts are ready to die for your 200yr old right to bare arms. Get ready for a bloodbath!

Location hidden

#826243 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The Old West was the background behind every single cowboy movie. The plots were fictional but not the reality.
Same with war movies.
You sure get yourself confused a lot trying so hard to be right.
You think what you've seen in Hollywood's depiction of war and the old west reflect reality?

No wonder you believe in the tooth fairy.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#826244 Dec 20, 2012
Christie has a 55 percent favorability rating among registered voters, followed by Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) with 46 percent and Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-La.) with 45 percent,according to a national poll from Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Christie is the only prospective candidate in the group who had a 50 percent approval among non-white registered voters. Rubio came in second with 32 percent.
As for name recognition: Christie trailed former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, who had 80 percent and former GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum, who had 79 percent. Christie came in third with 68 percent, followed by Rubio’s 56 percent.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#826245 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so true it's scary.
The media establishes the "norm".
Why tyrants in the past initially got away with what history eventually exposed as misdeeds.
The mainstream media promoting one political agenda should scare the phooey out of all of us.
Fox does scare me.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#826246 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure makes a lot more sense to believe in something greater than ourselves when it comes to the infinity of the universe and especially our own little world that is nothing else like what we've seen in our own backyard in our own little galaxy which floats among thousands of others out there in the blackness.
The miracle of life on this planet and the logic behind it cannot possibly be a simple fluke of nature or a massive coincidence.
It takes a much smaller brain to think that than to ponder something much greater and omnipotent being behind it all.
Either that or an astounding arrogance.
Carol scientists now think life is as common as sand on the beach. They think there are at least 7 planet/moons in the Sol system alone that may have/had some form of life on it. Ten years ago scientists wondered if there were any planets around other stars at all. Now not only are they finding many, many planets but they are finding them in the 'just right' zone. Name after the porridge in Goldilocks the planet is neither to hot or to cold.

Location hidden

#826247 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>
Agree. Anyone hell bent on such a killing spree doesn't care about obstacles or consequences.
This assumes he was "hell bent on such a killing spree", we know no such thing. He could very well have thought "Hey, look at all these guns, I should do something with them ... something big!"
carol

Orlando, FL

#826248 Dec 20, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Cholera is a bacteria, a life form, only God can create life no?
The only place on this earth depicted as Eden was the only place and time this world was ever perfect.

Man rebelled against God. Not the other way around.

Jesus was sent to help us get it right.

We would have devoured each other by now otherwise.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#826249 Dec 20, 2012
Hah, we talked about that clown back when it happened, Randy Linn pulled right up front and walked right past the security cams carrying a few gas cans__what a mutt. He looks like Homer Simpson.

Forty five beers in six hours is admirable though, way outta my league.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#826250 Dec 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
Payback for "Sandy" treachery?
Newark Mayor Cory Booker announced Thursday that he plans to explore a possible bid for Senate in 2014, effectively ruling out a run against Republican New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
Booker revealed his plans in a web video posted late Thursday morning. In it, he vowed to complete his full second term as mayor, and added: "I will explore the possibility of running for the United States Senate in 2014."
The seat up in 2014 is currently held by Democrat Frank Lautenberg. There's no word on whether Lautenberg will retire. Lautenberg is 88. Booker is 43.
Booker was seen as the Democrats' best chance for taking on Christie in 2013, with both of them having emerged as national political figures. However, the Republican governor's approval ratings have been on the rise in the wake of Superstorm Sandy.
Low Republican turn out for Mitt Romney by the republican base ...not they fight again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Scientist Fellow PhD 53,609
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 min CDC 51,768
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min FastandFurious 189,924
"It Takes A Village", Hillary's book was totally 55 min Rocket Man 6
Amy 6.3.15 59 min RACE 4
dearabby 6-3-15 1 hr blunt advice 6
amy 6-2 1 hr blunt advice 32
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]