Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1496555 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#826613 Dec 20, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
My Rem 700 is chambered in 7mm UltraMag, and it is a custom gun with a match barrel and work done on the trigger assembly. I've used the Rem 700 in 7.62 NATO a lot when I was in the Marines. It was always a very dependable and reliable piece. I preferred it over the Winchester model 70. Both, though, have a reputation for reliability and dependability.
My AR-10 is chambered in 7.62 NATO. The gas system is designed for the 7.62 NATO. The .308 Rem can cause problems ejecting a round because it doesn't generate enough pressure delivered to the gas system. However, the casing dimensions are identical.
WOO..WOO..We're impressed! Such knowledge about deadly assault guns. Did you cut and past that info from Wikipedia or a NRA gun nut website? My AR-10.5 has a chambered 7.63 NATO gas bullets and I'm getting it bored out to a 7.64. Then I'm getting my 308 Rem bored out to a 309 or maybe even a 310 so it don't have problems ejaculating. Don't f'k with me school kids!!! You NRA gun nuts are such retards.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#826615 Dec 20, 2012
proud2bwhite wrote:
When obama spoke last Friday I thought he was actualy sinsere but now its easy to see he only sees the ct victims as a tool to push his treasonous agenda.its sad that the children will be used like that . They deserve better.
I guess you think all the sad parents were faking it too. Your such a doosh.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#826617 Dec 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You belong to a radical sect of Christianity that takes every word in the Bible literally.
Most Christians have more intelligence than that, but turn to religion to console themselves in the face of events that they cannot accept.
It is my understanding that most Christians turn to God, not religion, to console them as well as to guide them in every aspect of their lives.

I didn't know intelligence was part the mix in having a child-like faith.

It's like two different things.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826618 Dec 20, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
No,and neither will most Americans, but the trouble for trolls like you is that zObama won't be blamed.
How is it Obama's fault that crybaby can't control his own caucus?
"It's not my fault."

Keep repeating that as the economy crashes.

What Obama wants will never be approved from the House. Boehner was trying to get approval of a compromise, which Obama shot down in advance. So now Obama gets what he wants, which is destruction of the American economy.

Happy?
GOPidiots

United States

#826619 Dec 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You belong to a radical sect of Christianity that takes every word in the Bible literally.
Most Christians have more intelligence than that, but turn to religion to console themselves in the face of events that they cannot accept.
Amen. Too bad all those radicals are dragging
the GOP into a hole you can't dig out of.
Need proof?
What legislation did Tea Turd state legislators persue?
Personhood amendments and vaginal probes.
GOPidiots

United States

#826622 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure wish I knew what has made you so angry.
I'm happy about your school's annual holiday show. Why wouldn't I be?
All the rightwing BS makes me angry.
Stupid crap like a war on Christmas.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826623 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
God created man and medicinal plants and man learned how to make pharmaceutical medicines out of them.
Is that what you meant to say?
Anyway, I don't know any Jesus freaks myself. But I know of the people you're talking about...who take things way too far.
They also don't represent most Christians.
What I intended to say, to put an end to this discussion, is that if I lost a child in this manner, and you told me that the child was better off dead than with me, which is what you are saying, then I would tell you to take a hike.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826625 Dec 20, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you think all the sad parents were faking it too. Your such a doosh.
Is "doosh" in the Ebonics dictionary?
GOPidiots

United States

#826627 Dec 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's not my fault."
Keep repeating that as the economy crashes.
What Obama wants will never be approved from the House. Boehner was trying to get approval of a compromise, which Obama shot down in advance. So now Obama gets what he wants, which is destruction of the American economy.
Happy?
Of course he doesn't want that, and talk like that lost you the election.
The GOP will be punished, in the end they'll either cave, or risk a bloodbath in '14.
Americans are not with the GOP on this issue, and you know it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826628 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It is my understanding that most Christians turn to God, not religion, to console them as well as to guide them in every aspect of their lives.
I didn't know intelligence was part the mix in having a child-like faith.
It's like two different things.
"Child-like faith" is for children.

Adults must learn to combine faith with rational observation of facts.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#826629 Dec 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So now Obama gets what he wants, a swan dive over the fiscal cliff.
Happy?
Just as long as Republicans can't be blamed. If it's going to happen, at least let it be Obama who believes he can fly like Icarus.

Even if it gets really bad, it's only two more years until another election.

What else can we do but hold on and wait until then?
GOPidiots

United States

#826630 Dec 20, 2012
mad max wrote:
<quoted text>
You dumbass, MJ smokers lose control and stuff themselves with Ho Ho's they don't slaughter people.
LOL
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826631 Dec 20, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. Too bad all those radicals are dragging
the GOP into a hole you can't dig out of.
Need proof?
What legislation did Tea Turd state legislators persue?
Personhood amendments and vaginal probes.
Christians with differing viewpoints do not require meddling from your kind.

You know, child-molesting teacher wannabes.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826632 Dec 20, 2012
mad max wrote:
<quoted text>
for a normally sensible person you're pretty hard on the christians, carol, at least.. 99% of christians are good, hard working, peaceful people and I say that as a confirmed atheist.
Got to be hard on them.

The 1% of radicals are driving the bus and helping the left. Fools like Akin and Mourdoch.

And it's more than 1%. Really the entire crowd that opposes abortion for any reason.

Need to throw them overboard. Let them become Democrats if they prefer.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826633 Dec 20, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he doesn't want that, and talk like that lost you the election.
The GOP will be punished, in the end they'll either cave, or risk a bloodbath in '14.
Americans are not with the GOP on this issue, and you know it.
Perhaps Obama should compromise for the good of the country.

Did that ever occur to you?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826634 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as long as Republicans can't be blamed. If it's going to happen, at least let it be Obama who believes he can fly like Icarus.
The Republicans will be blamed, at least in the short term.

Gotta be willing to take the heat.

Going over the "fiscal cliff" is better than the Obama plan for higher deficit spending.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#826635 Dec 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What I intended to say, to put an end to this discussion, is that if I lost a child in this manner, and you told me that the child was better off dead than with me, which is what you are saying, then I would tell you to take a hike.
Every parent's heart shares those parents' grief.

It's any parent's worst nightmare. My heart sinks into my stomach everytime I think about what that would be like.

But my belief and confidence of a much better place is the only thing that could get me through it.

The grief would be unbearable, however, until that time. It's a process. Grieving. It can destroy some people and make other people stronger. It rests on one's faith. I believe that.
GOPidiots

United States

#826636 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really so dense?
Who do you think Americans are blaming?
Wait for another loss?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#826637 Dec 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
Is that what you want?
sure.

have you seen the polls lately? republicans are getting hammered.

do you want more of the same?
GOPidiots

United States

#826638 Dec 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians with differing viewpoints do not require meddling from your kind.
You know, child-molesting teacher wannabes.
You can keep em in your 'big tent'coalitionn

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min NotSoDivineMsM 237,206
The Mexicans stay home 52 min Sublime1 23
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 58 min Well Well 10,332
Review: Skydiving In Chicago 1 hr Bjohns 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Ashley 63,269
News Off-duty Cook County correctional officer shot ... 4 hr former democrat 1
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 15 hr honeymylove 2,455

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages