Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433278 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#826366 Dec 20, 2012
Subversive Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you worshipped me! Are you in my cult? Government is your savior! We let the weak minded & lazy like you live off others.
Now, bow before me...
phfft! you're still acting like a conservative.

tell those idiots in the House to FO and then we can talk.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#826367 Dec 20, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I was watching a Gun Control roundtable discussion on TV last night and one woman was making some solid points for arming the school personnel. She showed photos of those Liberal Stupid Signs "Drug Free Zone" and "Gun Free Zone" and then she pointed out the statistics regarding how many illegal guns and drugs are routinely brought into those schools daily.
Liberals and their stupid lines drawn in the sand:}
Signs don't stop bad behavior. Incarceration does.
Verbal warnings don't stop killings. Guns do.
I'm waiting for another Liberal Stupid Sign that says "Please Don't Shoot Me". Maybe that would have stopped Adam Lanza.
Whaddya think, huh?
Duh.
The biggest problem is, the Democrat dupes think saying is the same as doing.
HAVE GUMS WILL TRAVEL

New York, NY

#826368 Dec 20, 2012
Majority rules is NOT DEMOCRACY
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#826369 Dec 20, 2012
i don't know about you, but i'm shocked....

Misinformer Of The Year: Rush Limbaugh

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/12/20/misin...

Judged:

15

15

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#826370 Dec 20, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
THEY DO TO THE FOLKS LIVIN' IN OR ON THEM, CRACKER. BUT YOU HAVE, AT LEAST, EXPOSED THE SIMPLE REASON YOU LOST THE RECENT ELECTION SO MISERABLY.
The number of those folks have been on the rise for the last four years, coon. Winning the election was the worst thing that could've happened to them.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#826371 Dec 20, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
phfft! you're still acting like a conservative.
tell those idiots in the House to FO and then we can talk.
Republicans give us depression and recession
2008 Bush the latest

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#826372 Dec 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he call me & tell me he was coming to do this or did you want me to shoot every kid that approaches my house?
Maybe he would ring the doorbell. I would answer & see he was well armed and upon him telling me he wanted to kill my children. I guess you want me then to tell him to wait a minute until I get my AK47?
I wonder if the odds of your kids getting that AK47 & shooting themselves are higher that getting into a position where that ASK47 was the only saving means for someone wanting to enter your home & kill them?
Maybe I could place land mines around my home & tell my kids not to step on them?
Or, maybe the alarm woud wake everyone up when he tried to break in, and all the children had been well instructed and rehearsed on what to do in case of emergency and get into the closet while daddy guarded the room they were in and killed any f**k*r that appeared in the hallway on the way to their room. Or, if the nut broke their window, they leave the room when the alarm wakes them and go to mommy and daddy's rooom where mommy and daddy are waiting for them, and they close the door behind them and blow any sh*tbag to hell that opens that door.

Judged:

16

16

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#826373 Dec 20, 2012
HAVE GUMS WILL TRAVEL wrote:
Majority rules is NOT DEMOCRACY
but IOKIYAR?

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#826374 Dec 20, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans give us depression and recession
2008 Bush the latest
...and the last.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#826375 Dec 20, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Your welcome. Saturday December 29 3:30 PM WVU-Syracuse
Yeah, Yankee Stadium__that should be pretty cool__not to mention cold.

If that kid had stayed in in Florida, at Florida or FSU he'd be playing for the national championship and probably have a Heisman or two on his mantle. Poise to spare and then some along with the best arm since Willie Joe.

He'll be around for a while, bet on it.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nj raider 1

United States

#826376 Dec 20, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooooookay... then.... you might be losin' me here... Just one question: does the Bible/Torah/Book of Morons speak to the illegal aliens or just the legal ones?
I gave you facts, scriptures & all, & your comeback was this nonsense. It ain't my job to convert the doubters. I myself dont claim 1 religion. Religion is just something to fight & have wars over. I'm also not dumb enough to believe that either humans just appeared or we evolved from monkeys. I'm also rational enough to listen & incorporate the pieces of the puzzle that fits. Now unless you have a better answer(& im dying to hear it) the bible explains how primitive man can move boulders weighing 40 to 80 tons at all, let alone miles on end.

“I've visited all 57 states!”

Since: Mar 12

Jivetown

#826377 Dec 20, 2012
Heart Disease 597,689
Malignant Neoplasms 574,743
Chronic Low. Respiratory Disease 138,080
Cerebro- vascular 129,476
Unintentional Injury 120,859
Alzheimer’s Disease 83,494
Diabetes Mellitus 69,071
Nephritis 50,476
Influenza & Pneumonia 50,097
Suicide 38,364

Of the 2,468,435 people who died in 2010, less than 4/10th of 1%(< 9,873), or .004%, died as a result of a gun-related homicide.

So my Zombies think the rates went down in countries after a ban?

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

Judged:

15

15

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#826379 Dec 20, 2012
The Folly of Blaming Video Games

Regulating digital violence cannot reduce crime.

....Most reassuring, however, are the long-term statistics. Video-game violence has been pervasive for the last two decades: The 1990s saw the introduction of popular blood-spattering fare such as Mortal Kombat and Doom, and since then game graphics have inched ever closer to photorealism. Total video-game sales have soared, and some of the most popular series (Grand Theft Auto, God of War) are incredibly violent. The people most likely to be violent, young males, are disproportionate consumers of these games. And yet violent-crime rates in this demographic have fallen. If games inspire violence, the effect is overwhelmed by larger trends.

Even setting the empirical debate aside, it’s not clear what an American game-censorship policy would look like at this point. The industry has already created the Entertainment Software Ratings Board, which rates games using a system similar to that used for movies. Many retailers, of their own accord, refuse to sell violent games to minors.

What else is there to do? Given the sales numbers, it seems safe to assume that no amount of public pressure will force game companies to pull gory titles from the shelves. Suing game makers for the actions of their fans has not been an effective strategy either. And when the Supreme Court took up the issue, it held not only that video-game violence is a protected form of expression, but also that the First Amendment prevents laws against the sale of violent games to minors. Only two justices defended this rather modest restriction.

Certainly, parents should police their kids’ video-game selections and play time. There is no reason for a child to spend 15 hours a week spilling digital blood. Schools and parents alike should keep an eye out for children who take an abnormal interest in violence, no matter how they experience it.

But blaming violence on video games is unfair — and, worse, unlikely to lead to effective policies.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/336116...

Judged:

16

16

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I've visited all 57 states!”

Since: Mar 12

Jivetown

#826380 Dec 20, 2012
All women in the U.K. are now proficient cutting meat with their fingernails. Liberals rejoice!

Judged:

17

16

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#826381 Dec 20, 2012
This is not an AR15!! You can see the shotgun shell come out!!! Share this, end the left wing lies NOW!!!!

http://youtu.be/wLrxSgkqJQc

Judged:

15

15

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

#826382 Dec 20, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>After the Federal Firearms Prohibition Act of 2013 is enacted, it won't be necessary.
Hey dummy guess what , the NRA has 8,ooo new members per day since the sandy hook shootings , thanks obama , your the best gun salesman since Sam Colt .

Judged:

15

14

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
proud2bwhite

Boonville, NY

#826383 Dec 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he call me & tell me he was coming to do this or did you want me to shoot every kid that approaches my house?
Maybe he would ring the doorbell. I would answer & see he was well armed and upon him telling me he wanted to kill my children. I guess you want me then to tell him to wait a minute until I get my AK47?
I wonder if the odds of your kids getting that AK47 & shooting themselves are higher that getting into a position where that ASK47 was the only saving means for someone wanting to enter your home & kill them?
Maybe I could place land mines around my home & tell my kids not to step on them?
you didn't answer the question you did the normal lib twist. Is the question to hard for you or is there no libtard sites that can give you an answer.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#826385 Dec 20, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
The Folly of Blaming Video Games
Regulating digital violence cannot reduce crime.
....Most reassuring, however, are the long-term statistics. Video-game violence has been pervasive for the last two decades: The 1990s saw the introduction of popular blood-spattering fare such as Mortal Kombat and Doom, and since then game graphics have inched ever closer to photorealism. Total video-game sales have soared, and some of the most popular series (Grand Theft Auto, God of War) are incredibly violent. The people most likely to be violent, young males, are disproportionate consumers of these games. And yet violent-crime rates in this demographic have fallen. If games inspire violence, the effect is overwhelmed by larger trends.
Even setting the empirical debate aside, it’s not clear what an American game-censorship policy would look like at this point. The industry has already created the Entertainment Software Ratings Board, which rates games using a system similar to that used for movies. Many retailers, of their own accord, refuse to sell violent games to minors.
What else is there to do? Given the sales numbers, it seems safe to assume that no amount of public pressure will force game companies to pull gory titles from the shelves. Suing game makers for the actions of their fans has not been an effective strategy either. And when the Supreme Court took up the issue, it held not only that video-game violence is a protected form of expression, but also that the First Amendment prevents laws against the sale of violent games to minors. Only two justices defended this rather modest restriction.
Certainly, parents should police their kids’ video-game selections and play time. There is no reason for a child to spend 15 hours a week spilling digital blood. Schools and parents alike should keep an eye out for children who take an abnormal interest in violence, no matter how they experience it.
But blaming violence on video games is unfair — and, worse, unlikely to lead to effective policies.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/336116...
True that, it's a bullshyte theory__recall the commotion created years ago by dungeons and dragons. Different sorts of people find different sorts of endeavors interesting. Fkn was always at the top of my list followed by fishing__I don't think that there are video "games" for those activities.

Judged:

15

15

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Waynesboro, PA

#826386 Dec 20, 2012
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> you didn't answer the question you did the normal lib twist. Is the question to hard for you or is there no libtard sites that can give you an answer.
I did answer it but you evidently are too f*cking stupid to get it.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#826387 Dec 20, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
The Folly of Blaming Video Games
Regulating digital violence cannot reduce crime.
....Most reassuring, however, are the long-term statistics. Video-game violence has been pervasive for the last two decades: The 1990s saw the introduction of popular blood-spattering fare such as Mortal Kombat and Doom, and since then game graphics have inched ever closer to photorealism. Total video-game sales have soared, and some of the most popular series (Grand Theft Auto, God of War) are incredibly violent. The people most likely to be violent, young males, are disproportionate consumers of these games. And yet violent-crime rates in this demographic have fallen. If games inspire violence, the effect is overwhelmed by larger trends.
Even setting the empirical debate aside, it’s not clear what an American game-censorship policy would look like at this point. The industry has already created the Entertainment Software Ratings Board, which rates games using a system similar to that used for movies. Many retailers, of their own accord, refuse to sell violent games to minors.
What else is there to do? Given the sales numbers, it seems safe to assume that no amount of public pressure will force game companies to pull gory titles from the shelves. Suing game makers for the actions of their fans has not been an effective strategy either. And when the Supreme Court took up the issue, it held not only that video-game violence is a protected form of expression, but also that the First Amendment prevents laws against the sale of violent games to minors. Only two justices defended this rather modest restriction.
Certainly, parents should police their kids’ video-game selections and play time. There is no reason for a child to spend 15 hours a week spilling digital blood. Schools and parents alike should keep an eye out for children who take an abnormal interest in violence, no matter how they experience it.
But blaming violence on video games is unfair — and, worse, unlikely to lead to effective policies.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/336116...
Diversions again.
The video games were just a symptom. If you've been paying attention here, you would have read where most blame the culture created by the so-called "progressives" who forced their preferred sets of norms and mores onto the population to replace the hated Ozzie and Harriet-type mores and norms that didn't produce a mass murder once a month.
You're watching too much so-called "mainstream" news. But, thanks for informing us as to what the indoctrinated Democrat party line bullshit will be to mislead the public.
By the way, did you take over, or under?

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min District 1 225,420
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr iamheaven18 61,510
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr honeymylove 2,559
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr Wolverine33 9,546
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr PEllen 6,755
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 hr PEllen 3,198
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 5 hr PEllen 2,079
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Go Blue Forever 103,641

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages