Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1234730 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#825989 Dec 20, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Bushmaster Firearms International's website has apparently gone down.
As of 8:55 a.m. EST, bushmaster.com , the company's old homepage, takes viewers to a "training login" page for "The Remington Family Of Brands." Media outlets have reported that Adam Lanza, the shooter in last Friday's mass shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., used a .223 Bushmaster semi-automatic rifle.
As recently as Wednesday, Bushmaster's website featured photographs and descriptions of the company's products.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/b...
So, your argument is, the rifle made Lanza a killer.
Do you listen to yourself?
Any armed security would have prevented this. Lanza chose his targets because they were completely defenseless. If he thought they were not defenseless, you know, guarded by a person with a gun, then he would not have gone there.
How about addressing the real issues. Oh, yeah. Reality isn't consistent with the Democrats' propaganda.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#825990 Dec 20, 2012
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Head spinning...mixed msg...
"Senator Dianne Feinstein says she'll reintroduce assault weapon legislation"
http://www.scpr.org/news/2012/09/05/34168/sen...
"Sen. Dianne Feinstein Has Conceal Carry Permit"
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...
Head spinning? Why is that? Are you trying to find an ankle holster for a Kalashnikov?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#825991 Dec 20, 2012
Even before Newtown tragedy, NRA was losing Democratic support

Months before the massacre in Newtown, Conn., put the National Rifle Association on the defensive, the powerful gun rights group faced an unexpected problem. One of its most loyal Democratic friends in Congress was leading a rebellion against an NRA effort to hold Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. in contempt of Congress, a cause viewed by Democrats as a political sideshow that had nothing to do with gun rights.

“This, my friends, is not a position I relish,” Rep. John D. Dingell (Mich.) wrote in an anguished letter urging fellow gun lovers to reject the NRA’s position.

Dingell’s rare show of defiance was seen by his colleagues as part of a growing estrangement between the NRA and its Democratic allies, who have provided vital support in the past and could be important again next year in what appears to be a coming showdown over gun rights. With public pressure building on Congress to act, the NRA will need Democratic votes to block or weaken legislation, particularly in the Senate.

While the NRA devoted most of its national campaign efforts this year to supporting Republicans and opposing President Obama, the group has historically gained its clout in Washington by nurturing close ties to lawmakers in both parties, particularly those from rural areas who have counted on the NRA’s blessing to get elected.

But several recent factors have altered that calculus. And, with the horror of the Newtown school shootings forcing gun control back onto the national agenda, a decline in the NRA’s traditional bipartisan strength provides gun-control advocates with what they see as their best prospects in nearly two decades.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/even-b...
Jean

Newburgh, NY

#825992 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
This crossed my mind too in the recent past. Clinton was responsible for the Waco tragedy. I don't recall much criticism or lamenting by the media or those on the left.
Basically, if it's a republican ordering a Waco tragedy or a republican lying about a 9/11 attack on an embassy, the outrage on the left explodes into hysteria and media propaganda outlets hype up every minute detail into epic proportions.
If it's a democrat...the sound of silence...deafening silence.
And they even deny it.
This is the new democrat party. Uncanny.
Convenient you righties are all mising the memory gene. 57% approval for Obama. Tsk tsk.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#825993 Dec 20, 2012
Jean wrote:
You bobos still thinking the old party is looking out for the middle class? Must be something in the Bible about moving heaven and earth to protect millionaires. Right?
The fact about more taxes on the rich is, THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO BE TAXED IF YOU TAXED THEM AT 100% AND MADE THEM DESTITUTE TO PAY FOR THE DEMOCRAT PIPEDREAMS.
If the intent is to maintain a solvent government... let's say that again: IF THE INTENT is to maintain a solvent government, the only solution is to increase the number of people paying taxes. Because, the half of the population paying all the income taxes for everyone in the country don't have enough money to pay for the government the Democrats created.
Let's go over that again. IF THE INTENT is to maintain a solvent government....
Since ot's overwhelmingly obvious the Democrats are using Saul Alinsky as their standard, let's see is Alinsky has anything to say related to the statement "If the intent is to maintain a solvent government...."

"The first step in community organization is community disorganization. The disruption of the present organization is the first step. Present arrangements must be disorganized if they are to be displace. All change means disorganization of the old and organization of the new."

Hmmmmm. That is consistent with just about everything the Democrats are doing with the (complete lack of) budget, deficit spending, debt, the Fed counterfeiting money....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#825994 Dec 20, 2012
Jean wrote:
You bobos still thinking the old party is looking out for the middle class? Must be something in the Bible about moving heaven and earth to protect millionaires. Right?
They're stepping up the Benghazi story again. If Hillary runs, we'll be hearing about that forever. Meanwhile, General Petraeus was consulting with neocons Fred and Kimberley Kagan:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#825995 Dec 20, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Any armed security would have prevented this. Lanza chose his targets because they were completely defenseless. If he thought they were not defenseless, you know, guarded by a person with a gun, then he would not have gone there.
How about addressing the real issues. Oh, yeah. Reality isn't consistent with the Democrats' propaganda.
reality?

so i wonder why Bushmaster took down it's site? reality? addressing a real issue? or just a harbinger of what's to come after Cerberus Capital Management decided it was time to get out?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#825996 Dec 20, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality?
Coulda shoulda woulda doesn't amount to much.
You can guess that Lanza's body armor wouldn't stop a round, or that armed security would get off a head shot, or that Lanza wouldn't have been gunning for the guard first, or that he wouldn't have picked some other tightly packed soft target like a temple or movie theater. Coulda shoulda woulda doesn't mean much to the insane, either.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#825997 Dec 20, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>The attack was at first thought to be a riot spurred on by a YouTube video. That was reported to the public because that is what the Administration believed at the time. When the attack was later discovered to be a terrorist attack, the Administration reported it as that. You're an uninformed idiot.
he couldn't troll if he dealt in facts.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#825998 Dec 20, 2012
Frederick and Kimberly Kagan, a husband-and-wife team of hawkish military analysts, put their jobs at influential Washington think tanks on hold for almost a year to work for Gen. David H. Petraeus when he was the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan. Provided desks, e-mail accounts and top-level security clearances in Kabul, they pored through classified intelligence reports, participated in senior-level strategy sessions and probed the assessments of field officers in order to advise Petraeus about how to fight the war differently.

differently.

Their compensation from the U.S. government for their efforts, which often involved 18-hour workdays, seven days a week and dangerous battlefield visits?
Zero dollars.

Although Fred Kagan said he and his wife wanted no pay in part to remain “completely independent,” the extraordinary arrangement raises new questions about the access and influence Petraeus accorded to civilian friends while he was running the Afghan war.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#826000 Dec 20, 2012
In the spirit of the holidays I think we should decreases the instances of 'GFY' on this thread. Homer will go first: GFY!
Jean

Newburgh, NY

#826001 Dec 20, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you listen to yourself? Nancy Lanza...was a gun advocate who bought those guns to protect herself. She was heavily armed...not defenseless BOBO. Now that's your plan too? How'd that work out BOBO?
You fools who advocate teachers and school employees be armed to the hilt are the same retards who claim they are overpaid and incomptetent.
The old party has culled the most ignorant miserable. Greedy unthinking hypocrite morons in the country for their base.
Jean

Newburgh, NY

#826002 Dec 20, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They're stepping up the Benghazi story again. If Hillary runs, we'll be hearing about that forever. Meanwhile, General Petraeus was consulting with neocons Fred and Kimberley Kagan:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/
That is outrageous...outrageous.
carol

Orlando, FL

#826003 Dec 20, 2012
Picture GW Bush saying this: "I don’t know how much of that just has to do with the idea that it is very hard for them [democrats] to say yes to me..."

..."say yes to me"??

Maybe it's because republicans and half the country they represent don't want to say "yes" to you, Mr. President. He actually believes everyone is required to say, "Yes, Mr. President...whatever you say, Mr. President."

Republicans are bending over backwards to try and reach a compromise so everyone's taxes won't go up the first of next year.

So when does this president learn how to become a president and compromise and say "yes" too?

I'm seriously beginning to rethink what I initially thought after the election. Give this president everything he wants. Every cotton pickin' thing.

We can survive the fallout. It will mean the ruin and demise of this party and this nonsense will be over once and for all in another four years.

Disgruntled republicans will figure that out eventually.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#826004 Dec 20, 2012
Erick Erickson:

Oppose Plan B

Republicans in Congress intend to vote today on Plan B, John Boehner’s fall back plan on the fiscal cliff.

The President says he will veto it.

In other words, the Republicans are going to go on record that they will sell out their last remaining principle — no tax increases — and get nothing from the Democrats in return. Nothing.

There’ll be no Democrat deal on entitlements. There’ll be no Democrat deal on spending. There will only be the GOP’s sell out.

Click here to call your congressman. Tell him to oppose this Republican deal.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/12/20/oppose-pla...

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#826005 Dec 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
Time Magazine Person of the Year: Barack Obama.

Time Magazine Loser of the Year : Group Award to the Republican Party
Vicky Soto, teacher hero should be person of the year but liberals would hate that!!!

She had no gun to defend herself or the kids thanks to the Liberals who removed God and guns from the schools.

While there is a single liberal alive this world will be a horrible place to live!!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#826006 Dec 20, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Convenient you righties are all mising the memory gene. 57% approval for Obama. Tsk tsk.
Even more uncanny.

But we lost our way in almost every direction, so that would explain it.

I say let Obama lead the way. Then see where we are in another few years.

More people follow the wrong person in the movies too that leads to their death.

Just offering an analogy that the majority aren't always right.

Heard the saying "monkey see, monkey do"? Studies show people usually follow the crowd even if another way is clearly better.

Ever been in a long line and then realize another line is open with only two people in it? I notice it all the time.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#826007 Dec 20, 2012
I suppose it's time for the annual Topix awards.

I nominate the following:

Best new poster: THE DEBIL

Biggest ahole: John 'Nobama' Galt

Most pleasant: Sister Katheryn

Most consistent: Sonicfilter

Best dressed: Peppy

Emitted the most ignorance: EasyEd

Conspiracy theorist award: DBWriter

Comeback poster of ther year: Jean

Most Missed: Carmino Serrano

Most accurate poster(we have a tie): Tenzing & Realtime

Least liked: Any of the Waxtard troll clan

Whiniest: Flack

Quickets wit: Lily

Most historically inaccurate: Carol (Special congrats as this 4th year in a row)

Most combative: Eman

Sweetest: Leosnana

Least missed(Tie): Fred & Gunner

more to come...

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#826008 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
Picture GW Bush saying this: "I don’t know how much of that just has to do with the idea that it is very hard for them [democrats] to say yes to me..."
..."say yes to me"??
Maybe it's because republicans and half the country they represent don't want to say "yes" to you, Mr. President. He actually believes everyone is required to say, "Yes, Mr. President...whatever you say, Mr. President."
Republicans are bending over backwards to try and reach a compromise so everyone's taxes won't go up the first of next year.
So when does this president learn how to become a president and compromise and say "yes" too?
I'm seriously beginning to rethink what I initially thought after the election. Give this president everything he wants. Every cotton pickin' thing.
We can survive the fallout. It will mean the ruin and demise of this party and this nonsense will be over once and for all in another four years.
Disgruntled republicans will figure that out eventually.
Republicans are bending over the poor & retired in order to shove it to them.

Obama wants to tax the wealthy more.

The Republicans say "OK only if we can f*ck old people out of money."

Carol, we expect Congress to say yes when it is in the best interest of this country. Republicans have just said no no no.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#826011 Dec 20, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>The attack was at first thought to be a riot spurred on by a YouTube video. That was reported to the public because that is what the Administration believed at the time. When the attack was later discovered to be a terrorist attack, the Administration reported it as that. You're an uninformed idiot.
The Administration watched it in real time, you're the uninformed idiot. Get a clue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min red and right 53,515
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 42 min _Zoey_ 6,014
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 49 min Quirky 190,351
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 1 hr Pat Robertson s F... 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 99,579
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 hr Graham Cracker 51,760
have steroidsss in USA 9 hr Nail Alexander 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]