Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394919 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#826132 Dec 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone who thinks the government is coming for your guns, you evidently don't realize that they now know you own these.
They've always known that. I don't own unregistered weapons. You see, unlike Obama's criminal base that slaughters as many people in one city as are killed in a full-scale war, I comply with the law.
That's one of the differences between me and the people who live in areas that vote 100% Obama.(Like it's even possible that tens of thousands of people can vote and not one pushes the wrong button by mistake.)

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#826133 Dec 20, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>You're such a gullible unthinking lemming. It's not Obama who is playing this terrible tragedy bobo. It's the county, the world...decent normal caring outraged human beings unlike you righties.
The Boy Messiah plays you like a violin, dupe. A cheap one.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826134 Dec 20, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Some friends of Nancy Lanza are saying she was attempting to have him committed to a pcychiatric facility,
An unconfirmed comment by some neighbor down the street.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#826135 Dec 20, 2012
Homer wrote:
In the spirit of the holidays I think we should decreases the instances of 'GFY' on this thread. Homer will go first: GFY!
You must have meant "increase" the instances then.

Is this an insight into how you guys think about politics too? Saying one thing but meaning another?

Please be clear in your response. As you know, I'm a simple woman.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#826136 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>
And, here comes.... Eric Cantor!
Good News
No politician could be better suited to the challenge of passing federal gun control legislation than Biden. Over the past four decades, Biden has been one of the most consistent and effective advocates of gun control and violence prevention legislation. In 1994, Biden shepherded the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act through the Senate, a near miracle six years in the making.
After Biden wrote the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act in 1988, Republicans quickly filibustered, blocking the bill for four years. He steered "the Biden crime bill" through the lengthy filibuster by negotiating with Republicans and making revisions. "Every single line in that bill was written with every single major Republican a part of it," Biden said in a September 12, 1994, interview on the Charlie Rose show.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826137 Dec 20, 2012
The discussion is about guns, which I agree that the assault weapons ban should be reinstituted; however, the underlying issue is mental illness.
Should we begin institutionalizing those that we a deem a danger to society before they do anything?
Sure. All dictators in recent history have followed that practice.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#826138 Dec 20, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Federal, State, and local law enforcement. Remember, it would be law then and aren't most gun owners "law-abiding citizens"?
Point well made!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#826140 Dec 20, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Missing person award. Grey my old pal.
Yeah, Galt thinks GG is now the DEBIL, further cementing his position of having never been right.
proud2bwhite

United States

#826141 Dec 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dipshit, it meant that the killer had access to a more powerful killing weapon.
My God,you people are dumb.
If his mother did not own those guns, where would he have obtained them???
Furthermore, you dumbasses think just because some one one is armed that they are magically protected from having the gun taken away.
I'm thinking the odds of the teacher losing that gun is a lot higher than that teacher stopping a person with an assault like weapon.
thinking may be to much for you, Its not working out so good..
Try this.. if a retarded syco that stole weapons and shot his own mother in the face came into your home to kill your children would you have a better chance of protecting them with or without a weapon of your own?
A little advise.. don't look at the lib web sites for your answer,all that is needed is quick rational thought to get it right.
Jean

Newburgh, NY

#826142 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Saddam transported them to Syria. One of his top generals and one of his top scientists said so. Probably why Syria now has them.
Covering up a terrorist attack on the anniversary of 9/11 for political gain is perfectly acceptable to democrats?
Is that what you're saying? You deflected the topic so I'm not really sure.
Bother you that Bush didn't send the troops to Syria then you idiot? What's the big deal...Iraq, Syria? Trillion here. Thousands dead and wounded there....no bigdeal to dopes like you.
No one but you Murdoch criminal enterprise trailer trash types gives a flying ..... About the Benghazi to do.
Hillary2016!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#826143 Dec 20, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have meant "increase" the instances then.
Is this an insight into how you guys think about politics too? Saying one thing but meaning another?
Please be clear in your response. As you know, I'm a simple woman.
Calm down, you're reading too much into this as usual.

Lapeer, MI

#826144 Dec 20, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it inside the State Department that the intelligence report stating that the attack was a terrorist attack was changed to the lie we heard for two goddam weeks from Obama, Biden, Rice, and every other goddam liar in th4e administration we see?
So, since it's unarguable that the State Department will lie, what on Earth gives you the notion that anything from them can be trusted as being true?
They are proven liars, and you reference them.
You're an ignorant dupe.
The Jerk-In-Chief realized that he needed to have some kind of "official" report, an "investigation" to quell his critics. So he slapped one together. No one is held accountable. No one is to blame. Especially not him. And Hillary gets a virus, falls and suffers a concussion just before she was to appear before Congress. Gee. How unfortunate.

Now let's all go home and ban those nasty guns!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826145 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>
Diversion? 28 people murdered and you think it's a diversion?
You're out of your mind. The entire country is in an outrage.
You are right in that he doesn't have to worry about getting re elected; therefore, he can try to do something about this and be a hero; be the one who has the guts to stand up to the NRA. Enough is enough.
Obama is using the CT incident as just another bargaining chip in his plan to bring down the American economy by attacking successful people.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#826146 Dec 20, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Bother you that Bush didn't send the troops to Syria then you idiot? What's the big deal...Iraq, Syria? Trillion here. Thousands dead and wounded there....no bigdeal to dopes like you.
No one but you Murdoch criminal enterprise trailer trash types gives a flying ..... About the Benghazi to do.
Hillary2016!
AND 2020
HAVE HATE WILL TRAVEL

New York, NY

#826147 Dec 20, 2012
THIS board is full of chris hansons lol

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#826149 Dec 20, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You said "case closed" and chose not to consider the evidence and testimony. I see that you still don't. What was going through the mind of Adam Lanza? You are certain you know? I've no idea what his state of mind was, his determination, his connection to reality or his motivations. You do? You can? You are only certain of your own conclusions.
In case you don't keep up with events, Lanza killed himself before he would have to face an armed adversary.
And, Lanza chose the most defenseless victims he could find.
I can tell you a little about his state of mind. He was insane. If you don't come to that conclusion after knowing that he slaughtered defenseless 5 year olds, then you shouldn't even be commenting here.
Let's review some of the facts:
He was allowed to seclude himself and not interact with society.
He spent his life playing video games pretending to slaughter images that presented no real threat to him.
He slaughtered people that presented no real threat to him.
He killed himself before he would have to face people that presented a real threat to him.

Who cares about the details of his thoughts. It's obvious he was violently insane. If you're going to digress, then I'd suggest a digression in the direction of how he became detatched from society and why he chose the most defenseless victims he could find.
It should be very obvious he had no intent of confronting anything that wasn't defenseless.
Just the presence of an armed guard would have prevented this.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826151 Dec 20, 2012
TSM wrote:
One thing for sure is Liberals/Democrats will protect their Holy Grail today Hollywood yesterday Fannie/Freddie!! We know the weapon of choice now less deal with the Root Cause (Hollywood/Violent Videos) Does Liberals believe neither had an influence on Adam than explain Fans obsessed with celebrities in some cases Killing them!!
If Hollywood cared about gun violence, they would never release "Django Unchained." Or any other Tarantino film, for that matter.

Ultimate hypocrites.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#826152 Dec 20, 2012
Homer wrote:
I suppose it's time for the annual Topix awards.
I nominate the following:
Best new poster: THE DEBIL
Biggest ahole: John 'Nobama' Galt
Most pleasant: Sister Katheryn
Most consistent: Sonicfilter
Best dressed: Peppy
Emitted the most ignorance: EasyEd
Conspiracy theorist award: DBWriter
Comeback poster of ther year: Jean
Most Missed: Carmino Serrano
Most accurate poster(we have a tie): Tenzing & Realtime
Least liked: Any of the Waxtard troll clan
Whiniest: Flack
Quickets wit: Lily
Most historically inaccurate: Carol (Special congrats as this 4th year in a row)
Most combative: Eman
Sweetest: Leosnana
Least missed(Tie): Fred & Gunner
more to come...
That's funny. My topix award, I mean. Especially since I've backed up every single "historically inaccurate" comment with historic and credible sources for the 4th year in a row.

Homer, you just wouldn't believe how many people don't believe CNN, the Bureau of Labor and Statistics and gov.com websites.

Rather "won't".

So here's my award to you:
Most Gullible: Homer

Congrats.

Lapeer, MI

#826153 Dec 20, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Statistically, that's actually pretty low. "drunk driving crashes...accounting for 31% of all traffic deaths last year." What accounted for the other 69%?
What accounted for the other 69%?

Guns! People running away from guns crashed and died.

Horrible. Horrible.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#826154 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>
And, here comes.... Eric Cantor!
Eventually.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 min SweLL GirL 8,862
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 32 min Fa-Foxy 33
the larry meber political forum (Jun '11) 59 min A Noted Observer 49
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr CrunchyBacon 102,457
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 216,653
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,718
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Fit2Serve 60,042
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages