Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,118)

Showing posts 762,341 - 762,360 of1,034,184
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

You might think that President Obama’s comfortable reelection last month would put an end to the Republican birther conspiracy. But if you do, you don’t know Arizona Republicans.

The latest battle for the movement that believes Barack Obama is ineligible to be President was fought Monday at the state’s Electoral College vote, where a trio of Republican electors — including state GOP chair Tom Morrissey — once again raised concerns that Obama’s birth certificate is a fake during the electoral college vote.

They were rebuffed by other Republicans in the room, including Gov. Jan Brewer. National Republicans have also distanced themselves from the birther movement. But in Arizona, the birthers aren’t going quietly, even if they do recognize that they are going.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/12/ar...

“If we’re redneck cowboys not in sync with the rest of the country, I guess we are,”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
When this animal shot himself in the head he cheated capital punishment advocates out of the best argument they ever had. After this I've had to ask myself, Are we really obligated to keep scum like this alive in our penal system? Or, even worse, must we release mentally ill back into society if we find a medication that renders them harmless after they massacre our children?
No we musn't, who's to say they'll take those meds? When someone can't live within the mores and customs of the village, when one causes harm to others in the village then that one is banished to the wilderness.
RUSH10ME

Lawrenceville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Repeal the 2nd Amendment wrote:
<quoted text>They are being cleared by the retailers. Dick's Sporting Goods, Walmart and others have suspended sales of both AR-15s and Bushmaster rifles. By the way, do you remember that the Bushmaster was the rifle used by the Beltway snipers?
Thet are cutting them up and melting them down there gonna make medallions with obamas likeness on them .

Since: Nov 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the right to bear arms is protected by the Constitution, but what type of weapon and where and how it can (and can't) be used and owned can be regulated. Where do we start? We get the assault weapon ban that sunsetted during the Bush era reinstated. We stop permitting the sale of extended magazines that permit these monsters to fire hundreds of rounds of death just as fast as they can pull a trigger. We unify background checks throughout the nation, and we close the gun-show loophole that permits unlicensed sellers to peddle their wares without so much as showing a driver's license in some states. All of these are just common sense. None of these laws impedes the right of a safe and legal gun owner.

The NRA and the gun lobby are at the core of most of this bloodshed. Not the rank and file. I've spoken to many, many NRA members who share my views on safe and sensible gun laws. It's the gun lobby hierarchy that crafts and distorts the message and conversation to make it all about America, the Constitution and whatever other drivel they can make up to keep their coffers and political influence fat and their paranoid and fear-driven propaganda flying. They are insidiously evil entities that make the tobacco lobby look like the Make-A-Wish campaign by contrast.

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/openforum/artic...

in the last 20 minutes i've read 8 stories that sound similar.

FOX doesn't stand a chance.
A would be mass shooter was stopped by a law abiding bullet in Atlanta.

Teachers and principals in Isreal wear arms, and never had that type of incidents. I wonder why? May be it makes too much sense for the liberals!!!

Since: Nov 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the right to bear arms is protected by the Constitution, but what type of weapon and where and how it can (and can't) be used and owned can be regulated. Where do we start? We get the assault weapon ban that sunsetted during the Bush era reinstated. We stop permitting the sale of extended magazines that permit these monsters to fire hundreds of rounds of death just as fast as they can pull a trigger. We unify background checks throughout the nation, and we close the gun-show loophole that permits unlicensed sellers to peddle their wares without so much as showing a driver's license in some states. All of these are just common sense. None of these laws impedes the right of a safe and legal gun owner.

The NRA and the gun lobby are at the core of most of this bloodshed. Not the rank and file. I've spoken to many, many NRA members who share my views on safe and sensible gun laws. It's the gun lobby hierarchy that crafts and distorts the message and conversation to make it all about America, the Constitution and whatever other drivel they can make up to keep their coffers and political influence fat and their paranoid and fear-driven propaganda flying. They are insidiously evil entities that make the tobacco lobby look like the Make-A-Wish campaign by contrast.

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/openforum/artic...

in the last 20 minutes i've read 8 stories that sound similar.

FOX doesn't stand a chance.
Guns do not kill, they stop killers!!!

I wonder why policemen carry guns?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy to spot liberal crap. Anytime they spew about gun control, they tend to bring up the term "assault weapon".
What the hell is an "assault weapon"? I know a good deal about guns, but "assault weapon" means nothing. To a liberal, it means "a scary looking gun". Which is why the "assault weapon" ban that expired years ago is not around-- it couldn't be enforced because there is no definition for "assault weapon".
But that's the Liberal Way. Pass laws that make people feel better and less afraid, even if they are pointless. Like having every airline passenger take off his shoes at the airport.
Bought some Sudafed over the weekend, my wife has a cold. Since liberal kids are cooking so much meth these days, a customer can't buy Sudafed without going to the pharmacy and having their driver's license scanned. The last thing you have to do before they give you the decongestant is sign a statement that says "I promise ONLY to use this product to stop my sniffles".
Like if I WAS going to cook meth with it I wouldn't sign that form.
Ah, liberal influence is everywhere.
Red States, Meth States

We have already done an article on the fact that the red states take more federal dollars than the blue states. They are the true welfare queens. But still there is a misguided belief by many on the right that liberal states and people are the “freeloaders”. Well, if that wasn’t enough, we now find that meth usage is more prevalent in the red states.

http://www.reasontopia.com/red-states-meth-st...

take another swing at it.
Repeal the 2nd Amendment

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If those teachers had CCW permits, they could have taken down the animal. But the Gun Control Sheep would rather have everyone cower inside of closets to await their certain deaths instead. Cowards. Nothing but except the bull by it's horns Cowards.
I will support the NRA to save us all from Cowards.
The NRA is a domestic terrorist organization. NRA members are nothing more than domestic terrorists. Their members advocate overthrowing the U.S. Government. Their members advocate assassinating the President. Their members advocate a national rebellion. The NRA is a domestic terrorist organization that should be watched very closely by the Dept. of Homeland Security.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
James Dobson: Connecticut Shooting Linked To Gay Marriage
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/jame...
do they think that all of a sudden we'll all go: OH NO, the hypocrites are right!
they're driving people away from religion with their holier than thou rhetoric. as anyone who belongs to the Tea Party knows, if you move your mouth and nothing comes out that anyone wants to hear, no one will pay attention.
Cue Carol, another set of marching orders awaits.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If we as a society focused more on trying to prevent unwanted pregnancies by educating and societal pressure, there might not be so many unwanted kids.
Adoption is almost a thing of the past in this country. Childless couples are adopting foreign children because it's much easier.
Something is wrong with that.
Night.
If we as parents focus more on teaching our kids the value of
1) self-control,
2) delayed gratification, and
3) strong personal boundaries

not to mention showing them we love them SO MUCH there's no need for them to replicate themselves, until they are mature enough to be parents, rather than as a substitute for the love missing from their lives,

We'd be taking a step in the right direction.

Societal pressure only results in shaming, blaming, and self-hatred. We have quite enough of that already.

JMO
RUSH10ME

Lawrenceville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>The NRA is a domestic terrorist organization. NRA members are nothing more than domestic terrorists. Their members advocate overthrowing the U.S. Government. Their members advocate assassinating the President. Their members advocate a national rebellion. The NRA is a domestic terrorist organization that should be watched very closely by the Dept. of Homeland Security.
GFY obama 2016 you are a name changing unamerican liberal POS I hope you are acosted by a armed criminal and the 2nd to the last thing that goes through your head is where is a law abiding citizen when you need one.
Repeal the 2nd Amendment

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Any "assault weapon" ban should also apply to all law enforcement agencies. There is no reason for the police to have weapons not available to the general public.
London's "Bobbies" don't carry guns and their gun crime rate is very low. Why? Because England has a total gun ban.
foodstamper 2012

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

professor dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Gonna be okay with raising your taxes to pay for them, patriot?
And this is about your tenth posting in a row referencing homosexual relations.
Just do like your mother and swallow that semen proudly.
Guud newz!

Your $32k in taxes iz gon beye meez a 06 Escalade
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Cue Carol, another set of marching orders awaits.
watching 'them' march in circles is a real hoot.

at some point you just start feeling sorry for the FOXbots. sometimes i really do wish i could feel their pain.

;-)
foodstamper 2012

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

<quoted text>The NRA is a domestic terrorist organization. NRA members are nothing more than domestic terrorists. Their members advocate overthrowing the U.S. Government. Their members advocate assassinating the President. Their members advocate a national rebellion. The NRA is a domestic terrorist organization that should be watched very closely by the Dept. of Homeland Security.
Boyee!
Obama pronuswd me Madden football fo ktismas if i votez fi hem!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>There are so many nuts out there because Ronald Reagan kicked them all out of the mental health institutions.
No he didn't.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns do not kill, they stop killers!!!
I wonder why policemen carry guns?
so they can be assured that a criminal won't hold back on the ammo?

i think most criminals have figured out that a knife is a waste of time.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

the bottom line....

Wall Street, Invested in Firearms, Is Unlikely to Push for Reform

Updated

Following the publication of this column, which was critical of the role of private equity firms’ ownership of gun manufacturers, Cerberus announced that it was planning to sell its stake in Freedom Group.“It is apparent that the Sandy Hook tragedy was a watershed event that has raised the national debate on gun control to an unprecedented level,” Cerberus said in a statement on Tuesday.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/12/17/wall-s...
Repeal the 2nd Amendment

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Police do not belong in schools, spying on people. Most police officers lack the appropriate education and demeanor to interact with children on a daily basis. Allowing this leads to surrender of our rights, like the muggers who work for the TSA.
Armed security can be provided at much lower cost using existing school personnel with appropriate training.
You want our schools protected by "rent-a-cops"? They're dumber than the NRA gun nuts. That's why they're not real cops. They couldn't cut it as real cops. Maybe the schools should hire Blackwater USA for security. You're an idiot.
OUR EVIL GOVERMENT

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Worthless gun control laws
If all those idiotic gun control laws passed by silly liberals really worked, then we could sleep at night with the doors unlocked and we could walk down the street witout worry. But crinimals don't abide by any kind of laws, so gun control is a stupid idea put forth by liberal idiots and supported by idiot journalists—Guest Spurwing Plover

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
So...you see keeping your legs shut and acting responsibly as being insults?
How about drinking and driving?
Or...Made your bed, now sleep in it?
Charity begins at home and not in Washington?
Or "When the Pizza Rises, you get a piece"?
I see you ladling 'responsibility for actions' all over women, without even mentioning the role men play in pregnancy - we don't get pregnant all by ourselves, dood. If men kept their barn doors closed, women with 'open legs' would use dildoes more often. No sperm - no baby. Keep that thing in your pants.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 762,341 - 762,360 of1,034,184
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,603
Amy 4-19 14 min PEllen 12
Abby 4-19 21 min Julie 17
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 27 min Chicagobunny 47,068
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 65,120
Cook County issues 1,000th gay marriage license 1 hr Evilgelicalling 6
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Whiny1 4,030
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr edogxxx 96,137
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search