Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417672 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#825903 Dec 19, 2012
THIS is "only" the Beginning !!!
w/obozo c-in-c

Texas troopers subject women to roadside cavity searches after routine traffic stop (VIDEO)

http://rt.com/usa/news/texas-women-roadside-c...

WORSE than "sick" ...
carol

Oviedo, FL

#825904 Dec 19, 2012
Now that the independent panel report is out and Obama's spokespeople are forced to admit mistakes were made in the Benghazi attack and there's no where else to hide when, in fact, everyone knew that from the very beginning in spite of Obama saying two weeks after the attack that it was because of a video and a spontaneous mob, he now knows that we know he was lying right before the election.

Doesn't that bother anyone on the left even a little bit?
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#825905 Dec 19, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's idiots like you that always connect having a gun as a penis extension. So of course you will always make that assumption if someone says its wrong. The world laughs at idiots like you just the same as those Taliban's who killed 9 UN aid workers vaccinating kids against polio. As Pakistan is the only country left where polio still hasn't been erradicted by science. You and your kind are the same as the Taliban, along with half the republican followers. It's all about being terrified of change. You want to keep living in the dark ages clinging to a line in the constitution that was written in the time of single load muskets and the population was a 10th of what it is now.
Liberals love to say the Constitution is outdated when it suits their agenda, but read things into it when it doesn't. The 2nd Amendment clearly states, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Please tell me where the line is in the Constitution that states, "a woman's right to an abortion shall not be infringed."
carol

Oviedo, FL

#825910 Dec 19, 2012
After the new year, there's going to be a lot of 'splainin to do. Benghazi and Fast and Furious are the most obvious coverups that will continue to haunt this administration.

But we all get to be surprised when the Obama No Plan that somehow got him reelected will be fully revealed.

Then when the dust finally begins to settle after the recent tragic events and reality sets in with the new potential gun laws, all heck is probably going to break loose.

This is the quiet before the storm.

On that note, night all.
proud2bwhite

United States

#825911 Dec 19, 2012
carol wrote:
Now that the independent panel report is out and Obama's spokespeople are forced to admit mistakes were made in the Benghazi attack and there's no where else to hide when, in fact, everyone knew that from the very beginning in spite of Obama saying two weeks after the attack that it was because of a video and a spontaneous mob, he now knows that we know he was lying right before the election.
Doesn't that bother anyone on the left even a little bit?
those on t he left will follow and defend anything the treasonous bastard says or does, for the most part they are weak minded fools that can't survive with out guidence or someone telling them what to think what to say and what to believe. Goverment has to hold their hand from cradle to grave in order for them to exist.standing on their own or rational self thought is not a consideration makeing them slaves to their master.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#825913 Dec 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The source of love is God then.
Better?
Perhaps for you, but not for all.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#825914 Dec 19, 2012
mad max wrote:
<quoted text>
If he acts like his murdering dad, i'll piss on his grave too.
In fairness, Edward Jr. is one of the few worthwhile Kennedy grandchildren, not a drunken murderer like his father or a drunken drug addict like his brother, the former Congressman.

Just another Massachusetts liberal.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#825915 Dec 19, 2012
mad max wrote:
Barry is a joke:
Republican House Speaker John Boehner warned President Barack Obama on Wednesday that he can either accept a GOP alternative to a comprehensive “fiscal cliff” compromise or “be responsible for the largest tax increase in American history.”
“I hope the president will get serious soon about providing, and working with us on, a balanced approach,” Boehner told reporters in a brief public appearance at which he took no questions.
Boehner should go with "Plan B" and force the Senate to filibuster or Obama to veto.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#825916 Dec 19, 2012
mad max wrote:
Barry is a joke:
Republican House Speaker John Boehner warned President Barack Obama on Wednesday that he can either accept a GOP alternative to a comprehensive “fiscal cliff” compromise or “be responsible for the largest tax increase in American history.”
“I hope the president will get serious soon about providing, and working with us on, a balanced approach,” Boehner told reporters in a brief public appearance at which he took no questions.
The truth is that Obama does not care in the least about the economy, the federal budget, or the national debt.

Obama's only objective is to punish successful people.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#825917 Dec 19, 2012
mad max wrote:
find me a country with our demographics and then we can compare murder rates.
Japan, England, most of all European countries except where compulsory military service is required then gun ownership goes with that, the only one that compares with a no rules gun ownership is in the middle east. It has sure worked out for them hasn't it ? The rest all have at least half the mortality rate with fire arms.
and this is what is so ironic with your argument, almost half the fatalities with gun shot in the US is with a household weapon of a family that is supposed to protect. That either ends up as a quick solve to a domestic dispute or in the other extreme another member of a household getting their hands on a weapon who is unstable.
So makes you wonder how much protection it gives ?
proud2bwhite

United States

#825918 Dec 19, 2012
Wise man once say.. it is a wiser to stand behind a gun owner than in front of one.
Black Wino

Palm Desert, CA

#825919 Dec 19, 2012
Oooooo...Weeeeee....! dat crazy King Pimp Barry, has done gone loco, he be putting dat " Bite Me Biden " in charge of da Gun Control Committee, is Pimp Barry smoking crack again...?
proud2bwhite

United States

#825920 Dec 19, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Japan, England, most of all European countries except where compulsory military service is required then gun ownership goes with that, the only one that compares with a no rules gun ownership is in the middle east. It has sure worked out for them hasn't it ? The rest all have at least half the mortality rate with fire arms.
and this is what is so ironic with your argument, almost half the fatalities with gun shot in the US is with a household weapon of a family that is supposed to protect. That either ends up as a quick solve to a domestic dispute or in the other extreme another member of a household getting their hands on a weapon who is unstable.
So makes you wonder how much protection it gives ?
we are not ruled by laws of other nations,we have our very own conistitution that made us the greatest nation on earth. If you prefer to live under the laws of japan or england I suggest you go live there.
proud2bwhite

United States

#825921 Dec 19, 2012
Black Wino wrote:
Oooooo...Weeeeee....! dat crazy King Pimp Barry, has done gone loco, he be putting dat " Bite Me Biden " in charge of da Gun Control Committee, is Pimp Barry smoking crack again...?
he has to put someone else in charge so when it goes bad he won't take the blame.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#825922 Dec 19, 2012
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> we are not ruled by laws of other nations,we have our very own conistitution that made us the greatest nation on earth. If you prefer to live under the laws of japan or england I suggest you go live there.
What we are really talking about is a strange custom or culture.
No different than human sacrifice in some of those acient south American cultures in order to get crops the following season.
Or a child given away for slavery, or multilation of female genitals , or feet binding, or having a kid jump from a tall tree with a rope tied to his foot to prove he is a man. This is the type of culture you are defending, its not civilised, it belongs to the dark ages. Don't try and label it a liberal policy it is plain common sense, same as seat belts in your car. Or life jackets on a ship this how societies evolve by learning from mistakes made in the past. You wan't to hope its why you have a safe place to work. The gun ownership is just one of those cultures that imposes more risk than a civil society is prepared to accept.
proud2bwhite

United States

#825923 Dec 20, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
What we are really talking about is a strange custom or culture.
No different than human sacrifice in some of those acient south American cultures in order to get crops the following season.
Or a child given away for slavery, or multilation of female genitals , or feet binding, or having a kid jump from a tall tree with a rope tied to his foot to prove he is a man. This is the type of culture you are defending, its not civilised, it belongs to the dark ages. Don't try and label it a liberal policy it is plain common sense, same as seat belts in your car. Or life jackets on a ship this how societies evolve by learning from mistakes made in the past. You wan't to hope its why you have a safe place to work. The gun ownership is just one of those cultures that imposes more risk than a civil society is prepared to accept.
do you have a clue as to why the founders that fought tyranny added the 2nd amendment. did you know the number 1 asault weapon inAmerica is a baseball bat.did you know that in the city with the most gun controll laws over 400 school age shootings have taken place this year.did you know that criminals do not obey gun controll laws.did you know we have the same right to protect our children as the president, I'm sure his children are constantly in sight of people with lots of guns. Are we not entitled to protect ourselves in the same way as those we elect to serve us.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#825924 Dec 20, 2012
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text>do you have a clue as to why the founders that fought tyranny added the 2nd amendment. did you know the number 1 asault weapon inAmerica is a baseball bat.did you know that in the city with the most gun controll laws over 400 school age shootings have taken place this year.did you know that criminals do not obey gun controll laws.did you know we have the same right to protect our children as the president, I'm sure his children are constantly in sight of people with lots of guns. Are we not entitled to protect ourselves in the same way as those we elect to serve us.
American's #1 weapon of choice.....guns.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#825925 Dec 20, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Michigan's Snyder Vetoes Bill Allowing Concealed Guns In Schools
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/12/1...
Two things:

1.) The Gun Bill needs work and

2.) Snyder is being sensitive after successfully pushing through the
RTW bill. Too much for Liberals to handle:}

Lapeer, MI

#825926 Dec 20, 2012
mad max wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that it's been reported that many of England's cities and towns are not safe at night due to young drunken idiots, many on the dole. May have been on 60 Minutes.
I've read the same. All the Liberal hogwash about how defenseless Brits are happy is kerrap. They are dying, being robbed and raped. Crime rises in countries that ban citizen's weapons of self-defense.

I was just disappointed that your links didn't work.

Lapeer, MI

#825927 Dec 20, 2012
mad max wrote:
<quoted text>
If he acts like his murdering dad, i'll piss on his grave too.
Normally, I'd say something like "Well, you know the apple doesn't fall from the tree".

But here, with Ted Kennedy's legacy involved, it is more fitting to say "Well, you know, the turd doesn't fall far from the azzhole".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I love the beach. 6 min Shes In A Bikini 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Grand Birther 222,343
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Go Blue Forever 103,437
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,448
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr Ize Found 70,939
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 9,371
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 3,023

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages