Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1458736 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Fenris the Ballsucker

Oslo, Norway

#825511 Dec 19, 2012
Q: WHO MAKES THE PRETTIER CORPSE, A LITTLE GIRL OR A LITTLE BOY?
A: WHOEVER STANDS TO PROFIT THE MOST FROM IT.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#825512 Dec 19, 2012
Forks_make_us_fat wrote:
We paid millions to see shrimp on treadmills...
now we have to protect US citizens from these murderous crustaceans...
BAN shrimp...NOW! Pelosi...pass legislation ASAP!
Before anymore people are killed by shrimp on treadmills...
Americans are afraid for their lives...
"Ostraconophobia, or the fear of shellfish"
http://phobias.about.com/od/phobiaslist/a/Ost...
If this weren't true, it'd be too bizarre to believe.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#825513 Dec 19, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Which part was correct?
Was it this gem:
"Cowboy movies and war movies depict history and reality. That's not what we're talking about."
How 'bout this? Why even bring it into this discussion:
"Neither movie was focused around guns."
What movie glorifies this:
"It's the culture of bullying, child suicides and children killing children without even needing a gun."
Ok, I'm bored already. That's why I didn't pick it apart to begin with.
Notice she was too embarrassed to cite her source. Why is it that right-wingers think there's only one Amendment in the Bill of Rights? It doesn't occur to y'all that if there's only one why'd they call it the "2nd"? And how is it that supposedly "less government" right wingers want the government to raise their children?
Some people don't need a "source". They have common sense.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#825514 Dec 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>That reminds me of the time Peppy went to Hong Kong and came across that little old lady with the cane.
A cane might just leave a lot of welts. But people can be killed with enough rocks.
Fenris the Ballsucker

Oslo, Norway

#825515 Dec 19, 2012
Q: HOW MUCH SHOULD I PAY FOR A GUN? A LOT OR A LITTLE?
A: DEPENDS ON WHETHER YOU INTEND TO SHOOT YOURSELF WITH IT.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#825516 Dec 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe is full of mysteries and only fools pretend to have a handle on it.
Republican dislike for Gov.Romney seems a mystery.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#825517 Dec 19, 2012
Should I pay all my bills due in January now or wait and see if the world ends on 12/21/12 first?
carol

Oviedo, FL

#825519 Dec 19, 2012
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
BAN video games! Simple....Simple....Simple....
They make vegetables of our children...
Video games made wackos worse...
"According to a two-year study, video games can be bad for your mental health. Reuters is reporting that more than 3,000 school-age children were surveyed, and that one in ten could be classified as a video game addict. The study admits that these children were already prone to behavioral issues, but purports that video games intensified them..."
Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/study-sug...
Follow us:@digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook
Lt. Col. David Grossman is the author of "Stop Teaching Our Kids To Kill: A Call To Action Against TV, Movie & Video Game Violence".

This is what he said: "Violent video games are identical to military-quality training devices They are murder simulators. They're not just murder simulators — they are mass-murder simulators because the child drills, and drills, and drills, and drills, to kill every living creature in front of him, until he runs out of targets, or he runs out of bullets."

http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2007/3417gro...
carol

Oviedo, FL

#825520 Dec 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
Should I pay all my bills due in January now or wait and see if the world ends on 12/21/12 first?
It won't end. No one knows the time or day according to the Son of God - for those of us who believe he was anyway.

The rest of you can fret if you want to.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

New York, NY

#825523 Dec 19, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican dislike for Gov.Romney seems a mystery.
No MYSTERY they didn't want to win they will take over after OBAMA finishes their DIRTY work it's one GUBMENT just like someone said earlier about BUSH and PAtriot act,and we the sheeple we just eat it up smdh obama the suga here comes the medicine and to the stayback people lets just see how the apples fall from the tree lol
Cardinal of the Kremlin

New York, NY

#825525 Dec 19, 2012
New Gay-Friendly “Queen James Bible” Causes Controversy In Religious Community
PREACHER EDDIE LONG is all I got to say you know who I'm talking to GODLY PEOPLE
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#825526 Dec 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people don't need a "source". They have common sense.
People like you use that term interchangeably with "personal opinion."
carol

Oviedo, FL

#825527 Dec 19, 2012
Cardinal of the Kremlin wrote:
<quoted text>CAROL A LIB DEFENDING A KKK MEMBER BLACKS ARE STUPID A LIB DEM DEFENDING A kkk member LIB is a mental disorder,tenzig must also be a member "show me your company I will tell you who you are" I MISS OLD PEOPLE
Funny you should bring up that phrase "show me your company I will tell you who you are".

Obama said we will know him by who he surrounds himself by.

Has anyone taken a good look at who he surrounds himself by?

Google it. Pretty odd company he keeps in the White House.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#825528 Dec 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Those were Peppy's last words to me before he took off in his hot air balloon.
Peppy has reached the stars. God bless him.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

New York, NY

#825529 Dec 19, 2012
BLACKS are PREPPERS this doomsday prepper wants to barter SMH: Woman Arrested Trying To Buy iPads With Food Stamps And EBT Card
Read more at http://bossip.com/699216/smh-woman-arrested-t...
carol

Oviedo, FL

#825530 Dec 19, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
same Byrd stuff you have been posting for four years.
time to trot out the Republican Passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 yarn
Anyone who can't look up documented facts and insists on calling them "yarn"...

...oh well.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#825531 Dec 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't end. No one knows the time or day according to the Son of God - for those of us who believe he was anyway.
The rest of you can fret if you want to.
So pay my bills then? Have you consulted with Flackstredomus on this?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#825532 Dec 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, where would we be today if the Minutemen had not had guns and rifles to defend their indepencence?
Secondly, the oldest surviving gun has been dated to 1288. Europeans, Arabs and Koreans obtained firearms in the 1300s. Turks, Iranians and Indians had firearms by the 1400s. The Japanese acquired firearms in the 1500s.
Just think back to the last century. Were mass murders even 50 years ago of the same intensity and magnitude as they are now becoming?
I'm trying to tell you it's the culture.
Stop it, this has been going on since the dawn of man. Just think when Cain killed Abel he wiped out a quarter of the population, no one to date has reached that lofty goal.

“Every day, Improve..”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#825533 Dec 19, 2012

We need to apply a more rigorous evidence-based view upon gun-control as we do in other fields.

There is NO evidence that essentially gun free zones (pearl High-MS, Columbine, Virginia Tech, Fort Hood, malls) have done anything, but enable killings of more people. It is even more tragic when CLEARLY they attract mass killers. If you do a ban on weapons like Mini-15, how will this deter criminals from getting weapons. Money and the criminal world will cheer and more physical assaults will follow.

Otherwise, guns were taken away from people in nations like Nazi-Germany, communist Russia and China in order to ease the broad oppression and totalitarian powers.

Otherwise, what about Chicago? 26 dead kids ain't but a tiny drop in the bucket here. How's THAT gun control working?

Again, let liberal states like IL, CA and NY ban guns and raise taxes. Then all liberals can live as they preach and so can us others at other places.

Ppoliticians themselves realize this as well. Note that the only shooting if note the last years that was NOT in a gun-free zone was GG shootings. U guess politicians still want protection, just like Michael Moore.

As always with democrats- Do as I say, give me your money and otherwise not as I do..
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#825534 Dec 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
You know Homer those Mayans were amazing. How do figure they would know that Obama would get elected to a second term? The end of world as we know it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Coffee Party 231,069
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr DaGood DaBad And ... 62,325
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 9,856
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 2,281
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 3,450
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr RACE 104,524
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2,753

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages