Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1563302 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#825687 Dec 19, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
In the wake of last week's shooting in Newtown, Conn., the National Rifle Association went silent almost.
While the NRA has not responded to media inquiries and stopped all social media activity, NRA News, a show owned and operated by the NRA, has continued to broadcast online. The topic of the broadcasts has been the Newtown shooting, and hosts and guests alike have said directly that the shooting should not be blamed on guns.
On Friday, the day of the shooting, NRA News host Cam Edwards attributed the shooting not to the availability of guns but to an absence of love, an argument similar to the one made by former Gov. Mike Huckabee on Fox News that same day.
"I don't think the issue is an issue; I don't think the issue is parenting, or Hollywood, or guns, or rap music, or young men.... It is the foundational stuff... whether it's a lack of love, a lack of empathy for others, an apathy," Edwards said.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/12/n...
now who was it that just lost an election because of a lack of empathy? wasn't it a Republican?
you have to wonder what FOX fables they're telling their kids.
Where is all the tear jerking from you frauds about places like, oh, for example Chicago, where as many people are murdered as are killed in a full-scale war?
Here's the facts:
During the entire period of combat in Iraq, there were a little over 4000 Americans killed. During that exact same period of time, there were over 3800 murders in just the city of Chicago.

Where's all the goddam tears? You are such frauds.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

New York, NY

#825689 Dec 19, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "assault rifle"
Pe*is
carol

Oviedo, FL

#825690 Dec 19, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
but carol, it's the culture!
It IS the culture. I just wanted to make sure you were aware Obama expanded gun laws over the past four years - according to that video.

Everyone wants regulation of gun control. But the U.S. and Australia are very different countries in many ways.

Also, guns have been part of the landscape here since our beginning. Only in the past few decades has the culture become increasingly poisonous to the younger generation.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#825691 Dec 19, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is all the tear jerking from you frauds about places like, oh, for example Chicago, where as many people are murdered as are killed in a full-scale war?
Here's the facts:
During the entire period of combat in Iraq, there were a little over 4000 Americans killed. During that exact same period of time, there were over 3800 murders in just the city of Chicago.
Where's all the goddam tears? You are such frauds.
4000 soldiers? and 3800 civilians?

so how many Iraq civilians were killed in that same time period? and where are the neo-con tears that were shed for all the children that were killed?

and you're a hypocrite. as usual.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#825692 Dec 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It IS the culture. I just wanted to make sure you were aware Obama expanded gun laws over the past four years - according to that video.
Everyone wants regulation of gun control. But the U.S. and Australia are very different countries in many ways.
Also, guns have been part of the landscape here since our beginning. Only in the past few decades has the culture become increasingly poisonous to the younger generation.
poison? like we see on FOX?
dem the spider

Chicago, IL

#825693 Dec 19, 2012
evening, fktards!!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#825694 Dec 19, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes. and with every other judge who's ruled much the same.
A Federal Judge has awarded the Entertainment Software Association attorneys' fees after a Louisiana law regulating the sale of violent video games was found unconstitutional. In being forced to pay the ESA's $91,000 legal bill, Louisiana joins Illinois and a handful of other states that have had to write large checks to the ESA's law firms.
Louisiana's law, which was passed in June 2006, would have fined retailers between $100 and $2,000 and also subjected them to up to one year in prison if they were caught selling violent games to minors. The law, crafted by video game demagogue Jack Thompson, attempted to adapt the Miller obscenity test to cover video game violence.
After the bill's passage, the ESA quickly filed suit to block the law's enforcement and have it declared unconstitutional. In August 2006, Judge James Brady issued a preliminary injunction against the law, and in November he made it permanent. Judge Brady found the studies connecting video game violence and real-world violence that were cited in the legislation "tenuous and speculative."
The judge also had harsh words for the Louisiana state government in his order awarding attorneys' fees. "This Court is dumbfounded that the Attorney General and the State are in the position of having to pay taxpayer money as attorney's fees and costs in this lawsuit," wrote Judge Brady. "The Court wonders why nobody objected to the enactment of this statute. In this court's view, the taxpayers deserve more from their elected officials."
For those keeping tabs on the financial costs of failed video game legislation, the Louisiana decision runs the total tab to over $1.71 million in attorneys' fees that have been awarded to the ESA, including $182,349 in Michigan and over $510,000 in Illinois. That $1.71 million covers nine rulings over seven years. "It's unfortunate that some officials continue to believe that unconstitutional laws are the answer, when time and time again courts have thrown out these bills and proven them to be a waste of taxpayers' dollars," said Gail Markels, senior vice president and general counsel of the ESA in a statement.
In the context of a state budget running in the hundreds of millions of dollars, a $91,000 award may appear to be insignificant. It does demonstrate, however, that there is a tangible cost when politicians embrace a hot-button issue and pass legislation without any reflection on said legislation's constitutionality.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2007/04/esa-awa...
So, the reason must be related to why his life consisted solely of playing violent video games.
I'll tell you why. There wasn't anyone there to kick his ass out of that chair and make him go outside into the real world with other real kids. Perhaps if he had a father to kick his ass from time to time and make him interact with the world outside his goddam video game, he wouldn't have become so detatched from reality.
And, what led to his selection of target? He could have driven to some military installation and mounted a banzai attack on the gate, if his intent was to kill himself. For some reason, he chose the weakest possible victims.
And, he chose to kill himself. To him, his life was already over before he committed this act.
But, it is unarguable that if there were someone armed to oppose him there, he wouldn't have been able to kill so many. Perhaps none because he would have chosen a different target because if the school had an armed guard, they wouldn't be defenseless, and he would not have chosen that target.
dem the spider

Chicago, IL

#825695 Dec 19, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is all the tear jerking from you frauds about places like, oh, for example Chicago, where as many people are murdered as are killed in a full-scale war?
Here's the facts:
During the entire period of combat in Iraq, there were a little over 4000 Americans killed. During that exact same period of time, there were over 3800 murders in just the city of Chicago.
Where's all the goddam tears? You are such frauds.
get lost you disgraced fkn midget.
dem the spider

Chicago, IL

#825696 Dec 19, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Outlaw games not guns.
little tired from robo-posting the last few days, tea bag azzhole?
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#825697 Dec 19, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "assault rifle"
ask one of the 20 parents.

Watch what mayl be banned?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#825699 Dec 19, 2012
A "libTARD" ADMITTING they "ewedscray uhpay" ...

``````````
Really wrote:
This whole fiscal cliff is a gimmick!!!! Our do nothing, drama queen Congress both sides of the aisle came up with the fiscal cliff to force themselves to make a deal. Now that the deadline is approaching they are just doing the same old stuff all over again.
*We, the voters, really messed up. We failed to send a clear message to Congress that business as usual is NOT OK. Instead of firing these guys we just elect them and more like them to another term of office. In 2014 remember the only thing these guys will understand is a pink slip.
``````````
*We, the voters, really messed up.!!!
``````````

ya think ...???

WE, the Republicans, TRIED to "warn" you !!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#825700 Dec 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Have you heard what that mutt from the Independence Institute of Golden CO has been talking about on Cable TV?
Crazy sumbiches gather up around tragedies.
And uncertainty.
Why would anyone even want to interview nutjobs like that?
same reason FOX does it.

money.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#825701 Dec 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It IS the culture. I just wanted to make sure you were aware Obama expanded gun laws over the past four years - according to that video.
Everyone wants regulation of gun control. But the U.S. and Australia are very different countries in many ways.
Also, guns have been part of the landscape here since our beginning. Only in the past few decades has the culture become increasingly poisonous to the younger generation.
Gun man in the Texas Tower August 1, 1966
Assault riffles have not been part of our landscape.
There is a culture of violence but without rapid firing gun he would not have been able to shoot each child three times?
Peace

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#825702 Dec 19, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
4000 soldiers? and 3800 civilians?
so how many Iraq civilians were killed in that same time period? and where are the neo-con tears that were shed for all the children that were killed?
and you're a hypocrite. as usual.
Don't know. Not relevant. The Islamist jihad killed 4000 Americans in a full-scale war. The people of Chicago killed 3800 people in the same amount of time.
How many civillians were killed in Iraq? How did you determine whether they were civillian or part of the jihad?
You don't know, do you?
Well, I suggest you learn something about what you speak about before you open you rignorant mouth.
The fact is, there are as many people murdered in Chicago as killed in a full-scale war, and you frauds pretend that isn't even happening. Then, you frauds go ontelevision to show how you can cry. I'm reminded of Tammy Fay Baker.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#825703 Dec 19, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
ask one of the 20 parents.
Watch what mayl be banned?
You're going to have to spell it out using words in the English language.
Define "assault rifle"
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#825704 Dec 19, 2012
American Lady wrote:
A "libTARD" ADMITTING they "ewedscray uhpay" ...
``````````
Really wrote:
This whole fiscal cliff is a gimmick!!!! Our do nothing, drama queen Congress both sides of the aisle came up with the fiscal cliff to force themselves to make a deal. Now that the deadline is approaching they are just doing the same old stuff all over again.
*We, the voters, really messed up. We failed to send a clear message to Congress that business as usual is NOT OK. Instead of firing these guys we just elect them and more like them to another term of office. In 2014 remember the only thing these guys will understand is a pink slip.
``````````
*We, the voters, really messed up.!!!
``````````
ya think ...???
WE, the Republicans, TRIED to "warn" you !!!
Republicans sat on their hands and did Not turn out for Romney.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#825705 Dec 19, 2012
Sen. Scott Brown says he now supports a federal ban on assault weapons

"What happened in Newtown where those children were subject to that level of violence is beyond my comprehension. As a state legislator in Massachusetts I supported an assault weapons ban thinking other states would follow suit. But unfortunately, they have not and innocent people are being killed," Brown said. "As a result, I support a federal assault weapons ban, perhaps like the legislation we have in Massachusetts."

http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/20...

hey wingnuts. remember when you said there was no way Obama would win the election?

try to get on the winning side of the gun issue, will ya?

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#825706 Dec 19, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know. Not relevant. The Islamist jihad killed 4000 Americans in a full-scale war. The people of Chicago killed 3800 people in the same amount of time.
How many civillians were killed in Iraq? How did you determine whether they were civillian or part of the jihad?
You don't know, do you?
Well, I suggest you learn something about what you speak about before you open you rignorant mouth.
The fact is, there are as many people murdered in Chicago as killed in a full-scale war, and you frauds pretend that isn't even happening. Then, you frauds go ontelevision to show how you can cry. I'm reminded of Tammy Fay Baker.
your state of denial is as bad as a Bush lover who couldn't figure out why Mitt didn't get G.W. to help him win the election.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#825707 Dec 19, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun man in the Texas Tower August 1, 1966
Assault riffles have not been part of our landscape.
There is a culture of violence but without rapid firing gun he would not have been able to shoot each child three times?
Peace
Rapid-firing rifles... Do you mean like the lever-action rifle, circa 1870 common use? Or the bolt-action rifle, circa 1900 common use? Or the semi-automatic rifle, circa 1950 common use?
How about a semi-automatic pistol, circa 1911?
If there were an armed guard at that school, then the children would not have been defenseless. He chose them because they were defenseless. If there were just the visibility of an armed guard at that school, he would never have gone there.

Judged:

12

12

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#825708 Dec 19, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Sen. Scott Brown says he now supports a federal ban on assault weapons
"What happened in Newtown where those children were subject to that level of violence is beyond my comprehension. As a state legislator in Massachusetts I supported an assault weapons ban thinking other states would follow suit. But unfortunately, they have not and innocent people are being killed," Brown said. "As a result, I support a federal assault weapons ban, perhaps like the legislation we have in Massachusetts."
http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/20...
hey wingnuts. remember when you said there was no way Obama would win the election?
try to get on the winning side of the gun issue, will ya?
Define "assault weapon"

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Dr Guru 242,218
Maxwell street ghosts 45 min Art Mandalay 1
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... 53 min Art Mandalay 63
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 11,008
Chicago has the Worst Women (Jun '16) 4 hr Indict Hillary NOW 132
Bill and Hillary 6 hr Billy Boy 11
Student Marketing Research for Thermal Regulati... 12 hr micafish 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages