Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1784575 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#825593 Dec 19, 2012
"Crazed gunmen don’t choose schools or restaurants or movie theaters because they know people inside are unarmed. They choose these venues because they are seeking attention by shocking the world with an act of audacity."

http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dallasnews.com/...
forks_make_us_fa t

United States

#825594 Dec 19, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
No work for you again today?
Ladies like you are ruining this country.
This great nation is grateful to have enough teats for your sorry a$$ to suckle on.....
happy sukkkking doophus!
Cardinal of the Kremlin

New York, NY

#825595 Dec 19, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>So you admit that Bush & cohorts should be charged with war crimes? Wonder how long Cheney's black-market heart will last in prison?
YES ALONG WITH OBAMA BIDEN CLINTON FOR ALL THE ILLEGAL WARS YES, JUST BECAUSE THERE IS A BLACK PRESIDENT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING IS DIFFERENT OBAMA KILLS CHILDREN WITH DRONES YES lolol
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#825596 Dec 19, 2012
Limbaugh: "The New Stupid America. That Should Have Been" Time's Person Of The Year

http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/12/19/limb...

you oughta know Rush. who did you vote for?

though i think he held back the predictions this time. he really took it on the chin in 2008.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

New York, NY

#825597 Dec 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The nearby Euphrates river__the Tigris is well to the East of Fallujah. Who writes this shyte that you're pasting?
FIRST FU
forks_make_us_fa t

United States

#825599 Dec 19, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>So you admit that Bush & cohorts should be charged with war crimes? Wonder how long Cheney's black-market heart will last in prison?
blame....blame....blame....

we can blame your parents for giving you to the world!

Since: Nov 09

Mcallen, TX

#825600 Dec 19, 2012
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
You pea brained idiot...
you would NOT have a need to reply to me if it were NOT for a fear of the truth...
We can learn a lot as a species from our built in absurdity...
You call me a pea brained idiot and you don't see the irony in "... You would NOT have a need to reply to me if it were NOT for a fear of the truth..."
Cardinal of the Kremlin

New York, NY

#825601 Dec 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The nearby Euphrates river__the Tigris is well to the East of Fallujah. Who writes this shyte that you're pasting?
2nd FUN or what ever you are and your answer http://www.globalresearch.ca/...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#825602 Dec 19, 2012
comic....

Respect for the deadly

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/19/1171...

on point.
forks_make_us_fa t

United States

#825603 Dec 19, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Limbaugh: "The New Stupid America. That Should Have Been" Time's Person Of The Year
http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/12/19/limb...
you oughta know Rush. who did you vote for?
though i think he held back the predictions this time. he really took it on the chin in 2008.
spirits are important to Native cultures....

what ceremomy's or rituals do you observe?

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#825604 Dec 19, 2012
Cardinal of the Kremlin wrote:
<quoted text>YES ALONG WITH OBAMA BIDEN CLINTON FOR ALL THE ILLEGAL WARS YES, JUST BECAUSE THERE IS A BLACK PRESIDENT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING IS DIFFERENT OBAMA KILLS CHILDREN WITH DRONES YES lolol
Drones have their problems with collateral damage, but are much more effective in targeting terrorist cells than the invasion of a sovereign country that never attacked us.(Also, doing an lol after a comment about killing children seems rather deranged, JMO.)
TSM

United States

#825605 Dec 19, 2012
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) on Wednesday afternoon urged people to turn in their guns, Sheila here’s my message to you and those Hollywood ‘Anti-Gun Activist’ when your security personnel that protects you turns in their Weapons you have my ear until than Shut Up!!
Cardinal of the Kremlin

New York, NY

#825606 Dec 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
THIS POS HAD NO heart FOR THE STORY ABOUT DEAD INNOCENT CHILDREN only a FING RIVER FU POS
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#825607 Dec 19, 2012
Afghanistan Village Massacre: Army Will Seek Death Penalty For Soldier Accused Of Killing 16 Villagers

Of the 16 people killed, nine were children.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/19/afgh...

culture?
forks_make_us_fa t

United States

#825608 Dec 19, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
You call me a pea brained idiot and you don't see the irony in "... You would NOT have a need to reply to me if it were NOT for a fear of the truth..."
Ok .....
Are you here to advance a parricular position or to be a pea brained idiot argument starter?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#825609 Dec 19, 2012
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
spirits are important to Native cultures....
what ceremomy's or rituals do you observe?
i hunt and fish. you figure it out.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

New York, NY

#825610 Dec 19, 2012
Killing Children

If America fails to finally find compassion for the legions of “other people’s” children it has killed, then it will never comprehend why its own, internal massacres occur with such frequency.“Indiscriminate violence made America what it is today.”"It was a horrible scene and I would not let my Company fire. It looked too hard for me to see little children begging for their lives, have their brains beat out like dogs." – Capt. Silas Soule, witness to 1864.America has a long history of killing little children.”

Americans love to think of themselves as innocents. As a result, when they are victimized they are not just in a state of mourning, but one of total disbelief when finding themselves on the receiving end of barbarity. In the moment of bereavement and shock the well documented acts of barbarity that have been and still are committed by their country are conveniently forgotten.

The reactions to the killing of 28 people, 20 of them children, at a school in Newtown, Connecticut are understandable. It is difficult to imagine not being saddened and angered by the news of the senseless slaughter, particularly the killings of children only six and seven years of age.

Yet it is wrong to behave as if little children have never before been targeted for death in this country. While president Obama may shed a tear at a press conference and take on the role of mourner in chief, he has ordered drone attacks which have killed young children. Between 2004 and 2012, 176 children in Pakistan were killed by American drone strikes. According to the president’s staff, he personally oversees the assassination “kill list,” which means he ordered the killing of 16 year old Abdulrahman al-Awlaki after having done the same to his father, Anwar al-Awlaki.

“It is wrong to behave as if little children have never before been targeted for death in this country.”

Of course, America has a long history of killing little children. Hundreds of thousands of children were taken from Africa to be enslaved in America, little children were lynching victims and children are now killed by drones, sanctions, and the other aggressions that this country meets out to the rest of the world. Israel, America’s client state, kills children in Lebanon or Gaza or wherever it feels the desire to carry out its evil intent. Entire families have been wiped out in Gaza, but the president who so solemnly mourns the loss of life in Connecticut, defends the carnage when his ally is the perpetrator. If Adam Lanza had been wearing a police officer or soldier’s uniform, he could have killed anyone he wanted without fear of punishment.” He also could have expected to have nothing but praise heaped upon him.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#825611 Dec 19, 2012
Video Games Targeted By Senate In Wake Of Sandy Hook Shooting

In 2011, the Supreme Court struck down a California law banning the sale of violent video games to minors. Justice Antonin Scalia, writing for a 7-2 majority, said the law was "unprecedented and mistaken" and noted that fairy tales -- which are read to children at bedtime -- have "no shortage of gore."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/19/vide...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#825612 Dec 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof we need better mental health screening for gun ownership.
"real dumb"
Darn for once we agree, neither you or "homo" are sane enough to be considered for gun ownership.
Peace
KMA

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#825613 Dec 19, 2012
well, if you were wondering what the plan is for energy, you didn't have to wait long. And, once again, and again and again, we have Obama on video tape lying about this during the campaign:

The Center for Sustainable Economy (CSE) filed a lawsuit Monday seeking to halt the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management's (BOEM) first five-year Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) oil and gas leasing program approved since the Macondo oil spill in April 2010.
CSE argues in the lawsuit that incomplete and flawed economic analysis led BOEM to rush ahead with new offshore leases that may not be economically justified in violation of the National Environmental Policy Act, Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act, and Administrative Procedure Act.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Slowik: Blue Island mayor faces intense critici... 29 min Why Were They 127
Whadayahear Whadayaknow? 52 min I know this 1
Homeowner Defends Home 57 min I Joined the NRA 10
SCUMBAG FASCISTs-NAZIs RUN THIS SITE. 1 hr SCUMBAGfukinNAZIs 1
Worthwhile Stuff regarding...OH Well. 1 hr 3s Not A Crowd 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr winner 1,153
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 3 hr MPMMB 144

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages