Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1745579 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#825497 Dec 19, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Being committed isn't all that bad.
I'm sure it depends on what kind of drugs you get and who does the bed checks at night. ;)
Fenris the Ballsucker

Oslo, Norway

#825499 Dec 19, 2012
Q: IF YOU BLOW A LITTLE GIRL'S FACE OFF ON FRIDAY, AND THEN DON'T BURY HER UNTIL WEDNESDAY, DOES SHE START TO STINK?
A: THE UNITED NATIONS.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

New York, NY

#825500 Dec 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If you belong to a violent gang and don't actually commit the violence but know it's happening, are you innocent?
People who are present during a violent act receive the same sentence as those who committed it.
They were a part of it and didn't try and stop it.
Did Byrd try and stop the lynching? Or even condemn it?
CAROL A LIB DEFENDING A KKK MEMBER BLACKS ARE STUPID A LIB DEM DEFENDING A kkk member LIB is a mental disorder,tenzig must also be a member "show me your company I will tell you who you are" I MISS OLD PEOPLE
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#825501 Dec 19, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that periodic recessions are necessary is lost on most.
Of course, the Soviet Union never had recessions, but then their economy was always a lie, a hollow shell.
Recessions and Depressions good for the Democrats.
Mitt Lost in 2012
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#825503 Dec 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe is full of mysteries and only fools pretend to have a handle on it.
Those were Peppy's last words to me before he took off in his hot air balloon.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#825504 Dec 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If you belong to a violent gang and don't actually commit the violence but know it's happening, are you innocent?
People who are present during a violent act receive the same sentence as those who committed it.
They were a part of it and didn't try and stop it.
Did Byrd try and stop the lynching? Or even condemn it?
same Byrd stuff you have been posting for four years.

time to trot out the Republican Passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 yarn
Fenris the Ballsucker

Oslo, Norway

#825505 Dec 19, 2012
Q: IF YOU'VE GOT A GUN IN ONE HAND AND A LITTLE GIRL'S FACE IN THE OTHER, DOES IT MAKE A SOUND?
A: THE UNITED NATIONS.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

New York, NY

#825506 Dec 19, 2012
GUESS thats WHY BRUCE LEE WAS KILLED his BODY WAS an ASSAULT WEAPON, BAN BOXIN,martial arts BAN fu**in FENCING
Fenris the Ballsucker

Oslo, Norway

#825507 Dec 19, 2012
Q: THE SECOND AMENDMENT GUARANTEES THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS - WITH A FEW CAVEATS. DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY CARE ANYMORE OTHER THAN THE STUPID FARMERS?
A: A LITTLE GIRL'S FACE.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#825508 Dec 19, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Curator of the NRA museum....
"Guns make things happen. They change history. Without them, TV and action movies would be one endless car chase that ends with a crash."
http://www.nramuseum.org/news.aspx
they love movie guns....
Actor, NRA Board member and avid gun collector Tom Selleck has donated seven rifles and revolvers used in his films to the NRA National Firearms Museum.
Several of Mr. Selleck's guns have been displayed in the museum, most notably one of the Shiloh Sharps rifles used in the blockbuster movie Quigley Down Under. The gun was featured in "Real Guns of Reel Heroes," one of the museum's most popular exhibits ever.
http://www.nra.org/Article.aspx...
Real Guns of Reel Heroes. just don't take your kid to see it. elevated hero status and all that.
First of all, where would we be today if the Minutemen had not had guns and rifles to defend their indepencence?

Secondly, the oldest surviving gun has been dated to 1288. Europeans, Arabs and Koreans obtained firearms in the 1300s. Turks, Iranians and Indians had firearms by the 1400s. The Japanese acquired firearms in the 1500s.

Just think back to the last century. Were mass murders even 50 years ago of the same intensity and magnitude as they are now becoming?

I'm trying to tell you it's the culture.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#825509 Dec 19, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Adam Lanza must of thought being committed was bad Idea.
Topix just showed an article with a clear photo of the boy.

Those eyes....

How sad. People gotta start loving their kids more. The kid had one person that he loved and she was pushing him away into what seemed an alien environment, like an unwanted pet that had peed on the carpet once too often.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#825510 Dec 19, 2012
TR Jones wrote:
<quoted text>You are 100% correct. Ironically, liberal Hollywierd promotes and enriches itself on violence while preaching against gun ownership. Usually while personally armed and/or with high priced armed security guards protecting themselves, their families and their homes 24/7.
Excellent point. They are also laughing all the way to the bank.
Fenris the Ballsucker

Oslo, Norway

#825511 Dec 19, 2012
Q: WHO MAKES THE PRETTIER CORPSE, A LITTLE GIRL OR A LITTLE BOY?
A: WHOEVER STANDS TO PROFIT THE MOST FROM IT.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#825512 Dec 19, 2012
Forks_make_us_fat wrote:
We paid millions to see shrimp on treadmills...
now we have to protect US citizens from these murderous crustaceans...
BAN shrimp...NOW! Pelosi...pass legislation ASAP!
Before anymore people are killed by shrimp on treadmills...
Americans are afraid for their lives...
"Ostraconophobia, or the fear of shellfish"
http://phobias.about.com/od/phobiaslist/a/Ost...
If this weren't true, it'd be too bizarre to believe.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#825513 Dec 19, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Which part was correct?
Was it this gem:
"Cowboy movies and war movies depict history and reality. That's not what we're talking about."
How 'bout this? Why even bring it into this discussion:
"Neither movie was focused around guns."
What movie glorifies this:
"It's the culture of bullying, child suicides and children killing children without even needing a gun."
Ok, I'm bored already. That's why I didn't pick it apart to begin with.
Notice she was too embarrassed to cite her source. Why is it that right-wingers think there's only one Amendment in the Bill of Rights? It doesn't occur to y'all that if there's only one why'd they call it the "2nd"? And how is it that supposedly "less government" right wingers want the government to raise their children?
Some people don't need a "source". They have common sense.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#825514 Dec 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>That reminds me of the time Peppy went to Hong Kong and came across that little old lady with the cane.
A cane might just leave a lot of welts. But people can be killed with enough rocks.
Fenris the Ballsucker

Oslo, Norway

#825515 Dec 19, 2012
Q: HOW MUCH SHOULD I PAY FOR A GUN? A LOT OR A LITTLE?
A: DEPENDS ON WHETHER YOU INTEND TO SHOOT YOURSELF WITH IT.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#825516 Dec 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe is full of mysteries and only fools pretend to have a handle on it.
Republican dislike for Gov.Romney seems a mystery.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#825517 Dec 19, 2012
Should I pay all my bills due in January now or wait and see if the world ends on 12/21/12 first?
carol

Oviedo, FL

#825519 Dec 19, 2012
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
BAN video games! Simple....Simple....Simple....
They make vegetables of our children...
Video games made wackos worse...
"According to a two-year study, video games can be bad for your mental health. Reuters is reporting that more than 3,000 school-age children were surveyed, and that one in ten could be classified as a video game addict. The study admits that these children were already prone to behavioral issues, but purports that video games intensified them..."
Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/study-sug...
Follow us:@digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook
Lt. Col. David Grossman is the author of "Stop Teaching Our Kids To Kill: A Call To Action Against TV, Movie & Video Game Violence".

This is what he said: "Violent video games are identical to military-quality training devices They are murder simulators. They're not just murder simulators they are mass-murder simulators because the child drills, and drills, and drills, and drills, to kill every living creature in front of him, until he runs out of targets, or he runs out of bullets."

http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2007/3417gro...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is A 1 hr Survey Says 594
News Shooting victim's funeral in Evanston erupts in... (Mar '08) 8 hr GANG banger whoop... 81
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 8 hr Nice guy 2,573
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 11 hr Julia 12,223
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 11 hr Julia 3,809
Word (Dec '08) 11 hr Julia 6,965
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 11 hr Julia 1,065

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages