Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
761,361 - 761,380 of 1,100,245 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824299 Dec 18, 2012
James Dobson: Connecticut Shooting Linked To Gay Marriage

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/jame...

do they think that all of a sudden we'll all go: OH NO, the hypocrites are right!

they're driving people away from religion with their holier than thou rhetoric. as anyone who belongs to the Tea Party knows, if you move your mouth and nothing comes out that anyone wants to hear, no one will pay attention.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824300 Dec 18, 2012
and it begins.....

Two Democratic senators with top National Rifle Association ratings on Monday started what must be a groundswell for lifesaving gun controls.

Change must echo through the halls of Congress. Not next week, not next month. Now.
As Newtown’s families begin the nightmarish task of burying their sons and daughters, give credit to gun-rights stalwarts Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Mark Warner of Virginia for finally entertaining the possibility of limiting virtually unfettered access to assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

And heap shame upon the dozens of others who remain under the spell of the firearms lobby, which time and again has shrugged off mass murder as someone else’s business.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/nra-comeup...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824302 Dec 18, 2012
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the right to bear arms is protected by the Constitution, but what type of weapon and where and how it can (and can't) be used and owned can be regulated. Where do we start? We get the assault weapon ban that sunsetted during the Bush era reinstated. We stop permitting the sale of extended magazines that permit these monsters to fire hundreds of rounds of death just as fast as they can pull a trigger. We unify background checks throughout the nation, and we close the gun-show loophole that permits unlicensed sellers to peddle their wares without so much as showing a driver's license in some states. All of these are just common sense. None of these laws impedes the right of a safe and legal gun owner.

The NRA and the gun lobby are at the core of most of this bloodshed. Not the rank and file. I've spoken to many, many NRA members who share my views on safe and sensible gun laws. It's the gun lobby hierarchy that crafts and distorts the message and conversation to make it all about America, the Constitution and whatever other drivel they can make up to keep their coffers and political influence fat and their paranoid and fear-driven propaganda flying. They are insidiously evil entities that make the tobacco lobby look like the Make-A-Wish campaign by contrast.

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/openforum/artic...

in the last 20 minutes i've read 8 stories that sound similar.

FOX doesn't stand a chance.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824303 Dec 18, 2012
The National Rifle Association tells elected officials that if they support any kind of restriction on guns, they are doomed to defeat at the polls, and many of them believe it. The truth, however, is that not only does the N.R.A. have virtually no effect on elections, the public is quite open to any number of sensible restrictions on guns.

This year, the N.R.A. spent over $13 million in a failed attempt to defeat President Obama. In the Senate, the group spent over $100,000 in eight races trying to elect their favored candidates. Seven of the eight lost, most by comfortable margins. That pattern is repeated in election after election.

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2012/12/...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#824304 Dec 18, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
do they think that all of a sudden we'll all go: OH NO, the hypocrites are right!
they're driving people away from religion with their holier than thou rhetoric. as anyone who belongs to the Tea Party knows, if you move your mouth and nothing comes out that anyone wants to hear, no one will pay attention.
Wasn't James Dobson butt buddies with Bush I and II?
Repeal the 2nd Amendment

Virginia Beach, VA

#824305 Dec 18, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
AR-15s are being cleared off the shelves at gun stores.
Seems like Americans are preparing to defend themselves from something.
Any liberal idiot here got any idea what is threatening the population?
They are being cleared by the retailers. Dick's Sporting Goods, Walmart and others have suspended sales of both AR-15s and Bushmaster rifles. By the way, do you remember that the Bushmaster was the rifle used by the Beltway snipers?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824306 Dec 18, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't James Dobson butt buddies with Bush I and II?
more visits to the White House than FOX.
Repeal the 2nd Amendment

Virginia Beach, VA

#824307 Dec 18, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
The Boy Messiah's Race To The Bottom is picking up speed, folks.
A fair question to ask gun-control advocates:Why do you not have a sign in front of your home that says "This is a gun free zone"?
These type signs are placarded on school grounds, churches and auditoriums and movie theaters and even some bars in Michigan as in many other right -to-carry states.
I see the White House is saying the gun debate is complex... it sure is. Let's use the brains God gave us and do the right things.
The mental health debate is complex but needs to get ramped up.
The slide into the gutter transforming our society backwards is less complex but is having a huge impact on the quality of American life.
The dots connecting these points are clear.... if you can think for yourself.
There are so many nuts out there because Ronald Reagan kicked them all out of the mental health institutions.
OUR EVIL GOVERMENT

Nashville, NC

#824308 Dec 18, 2012
HERE COMES THE DOG AND PONY SHOW!!!!!!!

Report: Obama asks Cabinet for proposals to stem gun violence

By Meghashyam Mali - 12/18/12 07:18 AM ET

President Obama on Monday directed members of his Cabinet to propose measures to help reduce gun violence, in the wake of a mass shooting at a Conn. elementary school.

Obama Supplies Assault Weapons to Violent Drug Cartel

Filed under Barack Obama no comments

Share on delicious Share on stumbleupon Share on email Share on print Share on raiseyourvoice Act Now!

Washington— High-powered assault weapons illegally purchased under the ATF’s Fast and Furious program in Phoenix ended up in a home belonging to the purported top Sinaloa cartel enforcer in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, whose organization was terrorizing that city with the worst violence in the Mexican drug wars.

In all, 100 assault weapons acquired under Fast and Furious were transported 350 miles from Phoenix to El Paso, making that West Texas city a central hub for gun traffickers. Forty of the weapons made it across the border and into the arsenal of Jose Antonio Torres Marrufo, a feared cartel leader in Ciudad Juarez, according to federal court records and trace documents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The smugglers’ tactics — quickly moving the weapons far from ATF agents in southern Arizona, where it had been assumed they would circulate — vividly demonstrate that what had been viewed as a local problem was much larger. Six other Fast and Furious guns destined for El Paso were recovered in Columbus, N.M.

“These Fast and Furious guns were going to Sinaloans, and they are killing everyone down there,” said one knowledgeable U.S. government source, who asked for anonymity because of the ongoing investigations.“But that’s only how many we know came through Texas. Hundreds more had to get through.”

Torres Marrufo, also known as “the Jaguar,” has been identified by U.S. authorities as the enforcer for Sinaloa cartel chieftain Joaquin “Chapo” Guzman. The Fast and Furious weapons were found at one of Torres Marrufo’s homes April 30 when Mexican police inspected the property. It was unoccupied but “showed signs of recent activity,” they said.
Stoneman

Boise, ID

#824309 Dec 18, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the right to bear arms is protected by the Constitution, but what type of weapon and where and how it can (and can't) be used and owned can be regulated. Where do we start? We get the assault weapon ban that sunsetted during the Bush era reinstated. We stop permitting the sale of extended magazines that permit these monsters to fire hundreds of rounds of death just as fast as they can pull a trigger. We unify background checks throughout the nation, and we close the gun-show loophole that permits unlicensed sellers to peddle their wares without so much as showing a driver's license in some states. All of these are just common sense. None of these laws impedes the right of a safe and legal gun owner.
The NRA and the gun lobby are at the core of most of this bloodshed. Not the rank and file. I've spoken to many, many NRA members who share my views on safe and sensible gun laws. It's the gun lobby hierarchy that crafts and distorts the message and conversation to make it all about America, the Constitution and whatever other drivel they can make up to keep their coffers and political influence fat and their paranoid and fear-driven propaganda flying. They are insidiously evil entities that make the tobacco lobby look like the Make-A-Wish campaign by contrast.
It's easy to spot liberal crap. Anytime they spew about gun control, they tend to bring up the term "assault weapon".

What the hell is an "assault weapon"? I know a good deal about guns, but "assault weapon" means nothing. To a liberal, it means "a scary looking gun". Which is why the "assault weapon" ban that expired years ago is not around-- it couldn't be enforced because there is no definition for "assault weapon".

But that's the Liberal Way. Pass laws that make people feel better and less afraid, even if they are pointless. Like having every airline passenger take off his shoes at the airport.

Bought some Sudafed over the weekend, my wife has a cold. Since liberal kids are cooking so much meth these days, a customer can't buy Sudafed without going to the pharmacy and having their driver's license scanned. The last thing you have to do before they give you the decongestant is sign a statement that says "I promise ONLY to use this product to stop my sniffles".

Like if I WAS going to cook meth with it I wouldn't sign that form.

Ah, liberal influence is everywhere.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824310 Dec 18, 2012
You might think that President Obama’s comfortable reelection last month would put an end to the Republican birther conspiracy. But if you do, you don’t know Arizona Republicans.

The latest battle for the movement that believes Barack Obama is ineligible to be President was fought Monday at the state’s Electoral College vote, where a trio of Republican electors — including state GOP chair Tom Morrissey — once again raised concerns that Obama’s birth certificate is a fake during the electoral college vote.

They were rebuffed by other Republicans in the room, including Gov. Jan Brewer. National Republicans have also distanced themselves from the birther movement. But in Arizona, the birthers aren’t going quietly, even if they do recognize that they are going.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/12/ar...

“If we’re redneck cowboys not in sync with the rest of the country, I guess we are,”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#824311 Dec 18, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
When this animal shot himself in the head he cheated capital punishment advocates out of the best argument they ever had. After this I've had to ask myself, Are we really obligated to keep scum like this alive in our penal system? Or, even worse, must we release mentally ill back into society if we find a medication that renders them harmless after they massacre our children?
No we musn't, who's to say they'll take those meds? When someone can't live within the mores and customs of the village, when one causes harm to others in the village then that one is banished to the wilderness.
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#824312 Dec 18, 2012
Repeal the 2nd Amendment wrote:
<quoted text>They are being cleared by the retailers. Dick's Sporting Goods, Walmart and others have suspended sales of both AR-15s and Bushmaster rifles. By the way, do you remember that the Bushmaster was the rifle used by the Beltway snipers?
Thet are cutting them up and melting them down there gonna make medallions with obamas likeness on them .

Since: Nov 11

United States

#824313 Dec 18, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:

A would be mass shooter was stopped by a law abiding bullet in Atlanta.

Teachers and principals in Isreal wear arms, and never had that type of incidents. I wonder why? May be it makes too much sense for the liberals!!!

Since: Nov 11

United States

#824314 Dec 18, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:

Guns do not kill, they stop killers!!!

I wonder why policemen carry guns?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824315 Dec 18, 2012
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy to spot liberal crap. Anytime they spew about gun control, they tend to bring up the term "assault weapon".
What the hell is an "assault weapon"? I know a good deal about guns, but "assault weapon" means nothing. To a liberal, it means "a scary looking gun". Which is why the "assault weapon" ban that expired years ago is not around-- it couldn't be enforced because there is no definition for "assault weapon".
But that's the Liberal Way. Pass laws that make people feel better and less afraid, even if they are pointless. Like having every airline passenger take off his shoes at the airport.
Bought some Sudafed over the weekend, my wife has a cold. Since liberal kids are cooking so much meth these days, a customer can't buy Sudafed without going to the pharmacy and having their driver's license scanned. The last thing you have to do before they give you the decongestant is sign a statement that says "I promise ONLY to use this product to stop my sniffles".
Like if I WAS going to cook meth with it I wouldn't sign that form.
Ah, liberal influence is everywhere.
Red States, Meth States

We have already done an article on the fact that the red states take more federal dollars than the blue states. They are the true welfare queens. But still there is a misguided belief by many on the right that liberal states and people are the “freeloaders”. Well, if that wasn’t enough, we now find that meth usage is more prevalent in the red states.

http://www.reasontopia.com/red-states-meth-st...

take another swing at it.
Repeal the 2nd Amendment

Virginia Beach, VA

#824316 Dec 18, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If those teachers had CCW permits, they could have taken down the animal. But the Gun Control Sheep would rather have everyone cower inside of closets to await their certain deaths instead. Cowards. Nothing but except the bull by it's horns Cowards.
I will support the NRA to save us all from Cowards.
The NRA is a domestic terrorist organization. NRA members are nothing more than domestic terrorists. Their members advocate overthrowing the U.S. Government. Their members advocate assassinating the President. Their members advocate a national rebellion. The NRA is a domestic terrorist organization that should be watched very closely by the Dept. of Homeland Security.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#824317 Dec 18, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Cue Carol, another set of marching orders awaits.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#824318 Dec 18, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If we as a society focused more on trying to prevent unwanted pregnancies by educating and societal pressure, there might not be so many unwanted kids.
Adoption is almost a thing of the past in this country. Childless couples are adopting foreign children because it's much easier.
Something is wrong with that.
Night.
If we as parents focus more on teaching our kids the value of
1) self-control,
2) delayed gratification, and
3) strong personal boundaries

not to mention showing them we love them SO MUCH there's no need for them to replicate themselves, until they are mature enough to be parents, rather than as a substitute for the love missing from their lives,

We'd be taking a step in the right direction.

Societal pressure only results in shaming, blaming, and self-hatred. We have quite enough of that already.

JMO
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#824319 Dec 18, 2012
Repeal the 2nd Amendment wrote:
<quoted text>The NRA is a domestic terrorist organization. NRA members are nothing more than domestic terrorists. Their members advocate overthrowing the U.S. Government. Their members advocate assassinating the President. Their members advocate a national rebellion. The NRA is a domestic terrorist organization that should be watched very closely by the Dept. of Homeland Security.
GFY obama 2016 you are a name changing unamerican liberal POS I hope you are acosted by a armed criminal and the 2nd to the last thing that goes through your head is where is a law abiding citizen when you need one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min gcaveman1 46,321
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Dale 177,398
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 37 min edogxxx 97,935
Abby 8-30 40 min edogxxx 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 40 min Jonah1 49,505
Amy 8-30 45 min edogxxx 1
Putin warns enemies of Russia: 'It's best not t... 1 hr I like Putin 1
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••