Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Repeal the 2nd Amendment

Virginia Beach, VA

#824330 Dec 18, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The U.S. Constitution is timeless, not to be changed by isolated current events.
However, a ban on military-style weapons may be appropriate, provided that it does not ban commonly used hunting rifles. The legislation should be very specific, with no latitude for bureaucrats to define the weapons.
The U.S. Constitution is a living breathing document subject to revision. Remember, slavery and racial discrimination were once constitutional.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#824331 Dec 18, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No he didn't.
Reagan did indeed shut down the state mental hospitals in Ca., turning the responsibility for the mentally ill to the counties. His plan failed.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824332 Dec 18, 2012
The challenge for the antigun-control side was put well by Mr. Scarborough, who said Monday that he had changed his view of the gun debate as a question of individual rights versus government control, and now sees it as an issue of public safety. There are no rights granted by the Constitution that are so absolute that they erase concerns about public safety and welfare.

There is reason, this time around, to hope that both parties can shake off the N.R.A. Mayor Michael Bloomberg of New York pointed out on Sunday that the lobby had failed to defeat Mr. Obama this year. And Representative John Yarmuth, a moderate Democrat from Kentucky, said:“The National Rifle Association has spent untold millions of dollars instilling fear in our citizens and our politicians. I believe it is more rational to fear guns far more than the illusory political power of the N.R.A.”

In fact, poll after poll has shown that N.R.A. members themselves are not opposed to measures like criminal background checks on gun sellers and gun buyers.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/opinio...

so cops need guns because of criminals?

and it seems the gun lobby thinks criminals need guns because of cops? for once i'm at a loss. can one of you criminal lovers help me out?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#824333 Dec 18, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
The White House Pigs are up to it again. They celebrate Islamic Holidays there with Muslims while dissing any American Christian leaders and now this at Christmastime. That's my house, too, they're desecrating.
They probably passed out free mint-flavored condoms at the door, too. Sick as hell.
Newser - Marine Proposes to Partner at White House: http://tinyurl.com/brotwfp
You see a marriage proposal as a desecration?

How very Christian of you.
Will you be marching with the Phelps family, at the memorial services of KIA soldiers as well?

...shaking my head...
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#824334 Dec 18, 2012
foodstamper 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Guud newz!
Your $32k in taxes iz gon beye meez a 06 Escalade
The '06 Escalade was plagued with hydraulic steering problem. I would go with the '07 which only had minor electrical problems. The pearl cream white color really looks nice too.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#824335 Dec 18, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>GFY obama 2016 you are a name changing unamerican liberal POS I hope you are acosted by a armed criminal and the 2nd to the last thing that goes through your head is where is a law abiding citizen when you need one.
Another typical racist NRA gun nut promoting gun violence to advance his agenda. This is why you dangerous people need to be disarmed.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#824336 Dec 18, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.policemisconduct.net/
http://www.policemisconduct.net/statistics/
This is what "trained LEOs" are capable of.
Typical dumbass. What profession does not have a percentage of members that do bad things.

I guess you think all kids should not go top church or school because a few priests & teachers have been molesters.

Here you diss all law enforcement. What a moron.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#824337 Dec 18, 2012
OUR EVIL GOVERMENT wrote:
Worthless gun control laws
If all those idiotic gun control laws passed by silly liberals really worked, then we could sleep at night with the doors unlocked and we could walk down the street witout worry. But crinimals don't abide by any kind of laws, so gun control is a stupid idea put forth by liberal idiots and supported by idiot journalists—Guest Spurwing Plover
The majority of home burglaries involve firearms being stolen. That's how criminals obtain most of their guns. If guns weren't in the home they could not be stolen and end up on the street in the hands of criminals. And most "legal gun owners" killed in home invasions are killed with their own gun. Don't you get it? We've got to make these guns unavailable. A total gun ban is the ONLY solution.
RUSH10ME

Chase City, VA

#824338 Dec 18, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Reagan did indeed shut down the state mental hospitals in Ca., turning the responsibility for the mentally ill to the counties. His plan failed.
So did your "parent" obama 2016 .
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824339 Dec 18, 2012
How the NRA Defeats National Tragedies

First it scares people into thinking the government is coming for their guns. Then it quietly asks the public to pray for the victims of the next rampage.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#824340 Dec 18, 2012
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy to spot liberal crap. Anytime they spew about gun control, they tend to bring up the term "assault weapon".
What the hell is an "assault weapon"? I know a good deal about guns, but "assault weapon" means nothing. To a liberal, it means "a scary looking gun". Which is why the "assault weapon" ban that expired years ago is not around-- it couldn't be enforced because there is no definition for "assault weapon".
But that's the Liberal Way. Pass laws that make people feel better and less afraid, even if they are pointless. Like having every airline passenger take off his shoes at the airport.
Bought some Sudafed over the weekend, my wife has a cold. Since liberal kids are cooking so much meth these days, a customer can't buy Sudafed without going to the pharmacy and having their driver's license scanned. The last thing you have to do before they give you the decongestant is sign a statement that says "I promise ONLY to use this product to stop my sniffles".
Like if I WAS going to cook meth with it I wouldn't sign that form.
Ah, liberal influence is everywhere.
So you're telling us you don't really know that much about guns:

(b) DEFINITION OF SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPON.—Section
921(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at
the end the following new paragraph:
‘‘(30) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means—
‘‘(A) any of the firearms, or copies or duplicates of the
firearms in any caliber, known as—
‘‘(i) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat
Kalashnikovs (all models);
‘‘(ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and
Galil;
‘‘(iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC–70);
‘‘(iv) Colt AR–15;
‘‘(v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;H. R. 3355—203
‘‘(vi) SWD M–10, M–11, M–11/9, and M–12;
‘‘(vii) Steyr AUG;
‘‘(viii) INTRATEC TEC–9, TEC–DC9 and TEC–22; and
‘‘(ix) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar
to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12;
‘‘(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept
a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of—
‘‘(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
‘‘(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath
the action of the weapon;
‘‘(iii) a bayonet mount;
‘‘(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed
to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
‘‘(v) a grenade launcher;
‘‘(C) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept
a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of—
‘‘(i) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol
outside of the pistol grip;
‘‘(ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel
extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
‘‘(iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter
to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being
burned;
‘‘(iv) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when
the pistol is unloaded; and
‘‘(v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm;
and
‘‘(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of—
‘‘(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
‘‘(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath
the action of the weapon;
‘‘(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds;
and
‘‘(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.’’.
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-103hr3355e...
RUSH10ME

Chase City, VA

#824341 Dec 18, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Another typical racist NRA gun nut promoting gun violence to advance his agenda. This is why you dangerous people need to be disarmed.
Too late ,300 million guns are already in law abiding hands come and get em while theyre hot .

Location hidden

#824342 Dec 18, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns do not kill, they stop killers!!!
I wonder why policemen carry guns?
'cause without 'em the uniforms just look so gay.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#824343 Dec 18, 2012
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy to spot liberal crap. Anytime they spew about gun control, they tend to bring up the term "assault weapon".
What the hell is an "assault weapon"? I know a good deal about guns, but "assault weapon" means nothing. To a liberal, it means "a scary looking gun". Which is why the "assault weapon" ban that expired years ago is not around-- it couldn't be enforced because there is no definition for "assault weapon".
But that's the Liberal Way. Pass laws that make people feel better and less afraid, even if they are pointless. Like having every airline passenger take off his shoes at the airport.
Bought some Sudafed over the weekend, my wife has a cold. Since liberal kids are cooking so much meth these days, a customer can't buy Sudafed without going to the pharmacy and having their driver's license scanned. The last thing you have to do before they give you the decongestant is sign a statement that says "I promise ONLY to use this product to stop my sniffles".
Like if I WAS going to cook meth with it I wouldn't sign that form.
Ah, liberal influence is everywhere.
You license is scanned into a database simply to see of you are buying large quantities of Sudafed. The disclaimer you sign is a legal procedure to protect the retailer from litigation.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#824344 Dec 18, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Present perfect, dufus.
Get an education.
While you're at it, tell us which goddam Democrat put money for Cuba in the bill to help victims of Sandy.
Again, you idiots are thinking money grows on trees.
Funny stuff there, dickeeed.

WTF does money going to Cuba have to do with pregnant women???

And really, you're certainly not so f*cking stupid to think we don't have a military installation in Cuba which was hit by Hurricane Sandy.

Oh wait, you are that f*cking stupid.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#824345 Dec 18, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>So did your "parent" obama 2016 .
Can't you tea party nuts come up with something better than racial slurs and personal insults.

Location hidden

#824346 Dec 18, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
watching 'them' march in circles is a real hoot.
at some point you just start feeling sorry for the FOXbots. sometimes i really do wish i could feel their pain.
;-)
I can't think of a time when I wanted to feel the pain of total stupid.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824347 Dec 18, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Too late ,300 million guns are already in law abiding hands come and get em while theyre hot .
get them while they're 'hot'!

Licensed gun dealers nationwide “lost” an average of at least 56 firearms every day over the last three years, according to a Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence analysis of new data released last week by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) at a gun industry trade show. From 2008 to 2010, at least 62,134 firearms left gun dealers’ inventory without a record of being legally sold.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/media/press/view...

not so law abiding.
carol

Orlando, FL

#824348 Dec 18, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Now we know where Carol gets her crap from:
The tragic elementary school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut is a symptom of the general moral decline of the United States, according to James Dobson, the founder of the conservative Christian group Focus on the Family.
On his radio program Monday morning, Dobson said the country was facing judgment after turning its back on God.
“I mean millions of people have decided that God doesn’t exist, or he’s irrelevant to me and we have killed fifty-four million babies and the institution of marriage is right on the verge of a complete redefinition,” the influential conservative explained.“Believe me, that is going to have consequences too.”
Raw Story ( http://s.tt/1xdRw )
It seems I'm not the only one who believes society's callousness toward human life and the acceptance of irresponsible behavior as a result has its consequences.

The culture of immorality, violence and complancency we created is also inundating our children through the medium of movies, television and video games resulting in an emotional vacuum among the younger generation.

I'm not sure what we expected would happen.

It's a simple and obvious connection. Garbage in, garbage out.

Location hidden

#824349 Dec 18, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Reagan did indeed shut down the state mental hospitals in Ca., turning the responsibility for the mentally ill to the counties. His plan failed.
Then you need to be more specific when invoking Reagan in a national forum. Did you know he was also President?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Road to Perdition is strewn with the corpses 29 min ScrewAdvertisers 14
This guy is GOD to Piano Legs & the Malignant M... 33 min StarfucksAllowADS 16
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 34 min Lorenzo 51,239
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 180,618
Do you find smoking attractive? (No posts about... 2 hr DlCK HERTZ 14
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 48,382
comparison 5 hr FROM WWII 2 NOW 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News