Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#824143 Dec 17, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama with a majority both times.
You Lost
Thst's a random reply to my post. Btw, i wasn't running

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#824144 Dec 17, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
And in the next breath you will whine about all the kids on food stamps and free lunch.
Are you wiling to shell out more taxes for all the extra babies if your fantasy of Roe being overturned comes to fruition?
Of course not - their fantasy is that women will just magically stop being sexually active, UNLESS they're
a) married
and
b) want children.

All other sexual activity of women is evil, don'tcha know, and women must 'accept the consequences' of being 'sluts' whether we want to be parents or not.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824145 Dec 17, 2012
The price of the Second Amendment

The editors of the conservative National Review respond to calls for increased gun control -- overrepresented, they say, by "the media of the coastal, urban Left" -- with a rather stunningly candid argument:

On Friday, the president promised “meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics.” We doubt that something like this is possible, in a way consistent with the principle and the fact of the Second Amendment. If the possibility of terrors like Newtown are a reminder of why we need politics, their reality is a reminder that politics can do only so much.

Deconstruct that caveat: "We doubt that something like this is possible, in a way consistent with the principle and the fact of the Second Amendment." Or, preventing more tragedies might be possible, but it is not possible unless you repeal the Second Amendment, which you cannot do. Thus, therefore, ergo: The tragedy in Newtown, Conn., is a price that is paid for protection of the Second Amendment.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/12/t...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#824146 Dec 17, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
The price of the Second Amendment
The editors of the conservative National Review respond to calls for increased gun control -- overrepresented, they say, by "the media of the coastal, urban Left" -- with a rather stunningly candid argument:
On Friday, the president promised “meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics.” We doubt that something like this is possible, in a way consistent with the principle and the fact of the Second Amendment. If the possibility of terrors like Newtown are a reminder of why we need politics, their reality is a reminder that politics can do only so much.
Deconstruct that caveat: "We doubt that something like this is possible, in a way consistent with the principle and the fact of the Second Amendment." Or, preventing more tragedies might be possible, but it is not possible unless you repeal the Second Amendment, which you cannot do. Thus, therefore, ergo: The tragedy in Newtown, Conn., is a price that is paid for protection of the Second Amendment.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/12/t...
Newtown Connecticut is the result of failed gun control laws against law abiding citizens.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Dixon, CA

#824147 Dec 17, 2012
Breaking news!!!

Instead of taking a common sense approach which would yield immediate dividends by having 1 or 2 key staff members in each school take a CCW class and carry a concealed weapon, gay leftist liberals nationwide still pursue unattainable gun prohibition.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Dixon, CA

#824148 Dec 17, 2012
You know, because it makes more sense to try to confiscate 300,000,000 guns (mainly from law abiding citizens) then to actually take positive action that might do some good. It's a perfect example of liberal logic ....

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#824149 Dec 17, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever wonder why they call it poliTICS?(aside from the obvious given meaning).
Give me humble and realizing of ones own limitations of being merely human any day. To vault any one person to a position of some sort of all knowing "God-like" figure is in itself, sickening...almost have to feel sorry for opotus at other times too, because of some of that type of thing that has went on. How unfair (and WARPED) is THAT to any one person as well.
I hope the media (or politics) will not impose any further hurt, on those already suffering the worst hurt imaginable, imposed by someone else, and not anything of their own doings, and may they find some sort of comfort and strength in knowing that many indeed, truly mourn with them.
A minute percentage of the media coverage is informative and helpful. The rest is commercial gratuitous kerrap. It's like an Oprah Winfrey Special: 101 Ways To Grieve For Christmas! With Special Guest PeeWee Herman!

This morning, I saw a reporter for one of my regional TV Stations standing in -- Newtown, CT! Imagine every local TV Station in America being represented in that poor grieving community today. The hotels are full with them and their camera crews. The streets are packed with vans bristling with microwave antennas. Restaurants kitchens can't keep up. And the sewer system is straining under the load.

And, next, they will probably hire helicopters to record the upcoming funerals. This is a media carnival with a thousand Carnival Barkers holding microphones. All of the families affected are numb right now. Wounds are being rubbed with salt and I don't think that parents and relatives will realize it until weeks and months afterward when they wake up one morning in the eerie silence of their grief feeling naked to the world.

Later, around noon, I once again, for the umpteenth time, saw the Boy Messiah plying his trade. I had the mute on so I turned the volume back on in rage. He was pushing his Royal Cheapness once again but - worse - the media had piped in soft, sad background music! I am not kidding! The Jerk-In-Chief has a Funeral Director Czar in his cabinet, too! One Life To Live sent him a few scriptwriters pro bono. That TV was turned off.

But later on this evening, I did see some tasteful presentations in regard to the making of angels in Newtown, CT. Dr. Oz, for example, had some good observations along with his guests including an FBI Profiler and Dr. Drew. Dr. Drew Pinsky pointed out that we as a culture have become to believe that judging people is somehow bad. He forcefully and affirmatively stated that, yes, we do have the right and even the duty to judge people's behaviors. I couldn't agree more.

When someone here on Topix suggests that the cultural food being fed to our youth is bad for their diet(you are what you eat), the Liberal hayseeds show up with a million cheap lol's, bring up the burning of Elvis albums, book burnings, Leave It To Beaver and a thousand other irrelevant juvenile contributions.

Punk Rock, Goth, Grunge, Rap, Shoot 'Em Up Gory Games all contribute to a cheapness, a devaluing of Life. Compare today's American culture those of, say, the Orient with Buddhism, Family as the center of Universe, Zen, Chi, respect, reverence, mystery.... and we wonder why Newtowns, Columbines or Aurora, Colorado killings are happening?

(yawn) and here come the Gun Control Nuts. Simple minds demand simple solutions. Let's all hold hands and sing an Obama Song of stupidity. We can do it on TV.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#824150 Dec 17, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>My point, dear carol, is your point reversed.
Sometimes you out-hypocrite yourself.
When you were pregnant and people asked how the baby was doing, did you correct them and call it a fetus?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#824153 Dec 17, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
You know, because it makes more sense to try to confiscate 300,000,000 guns (mainly from law abiding citizens) then to actually take positive action that might do some good. It's a perfect example of liberal logic ....
The obama administration is perfectly fine with drug cartels having assault rifles.

Lapeer, MI

#824159 Dec 17, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
NY Times - Fifth Deadly Attack on a School Haunts China: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/13/world/asia/...

~~~~~~~~~~

ABC News - China: Seven Kids Killed in Latest School Attack: http://tinyurl.com/cemv7fu

" Today's killings marked the sixth assault on a school this year and the fifth in less than two months, fueling fears of further copycat killings. In late April, three schools were targeted in the space of three days, leaving dozens of children injured.

And in March, Zheng Minsheng, a 42-year-old doctor, stabbed eight young children to death in Fujian Province."

~~~~~~~~~~

New American - China School Knife Attack, Portland Mall Attack Receive Little Coverage: http://tinyurl.com/c8tmtvw

"The same day as the tragic Newtown, Connecticut, school shooting, a Chinese man stabbed 22 children in China's central province of Henan. The attack yielded almost no news coverage in the United States."

~~~~~~~~~~

Wiki - School attacks in China (2010–2011): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_i...

"A series of uncoordinated mass stabbings, hammer attacks, and cleaver attacks in the People's Republic of China began in March 2010. The spate of attacks left at least 21 dead and some 90 injured. Analysts have blamed mental health problems caused by rapid social change for the rise in these kind of mass murder and murder-suicide incidents"

~~~~~~~~~~

Note in the above: "...mass stabbings, hammer attacks, and cleaver attacks..."

It bears repeating: ""...mass stabbings, hammer attacks, and cleaver attacks..."

Not ONE gun. Evil - where there is a will, there is a way.

Lapeer, MI

#824160 Dec 17, 2012
professor dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hadn't realized a drug cartel was responsible for killing those children, moron.
That's your problem. You couldn't tell the difference between a zipper and a poop chute, anyways.

Playgrounds open!

:}

Location hidden

#824161 Dec 17, 2012
professor dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it is ffuckface.
Chicago is proof ffuckface just Chicago resident Otis McDonald, a 76 year old (in 2010) retired maintenance engineer from Chicago that had to go to the SCOTUS because of Failed Gun Control Laws since 1982.

Cause

Chicago resident Otis McDonald, a 76 year old (in 2010) retired maintenance engineer, had lived in the Morgan Park neighborhood since buying a house there in 1971. McDonald decried the decline of his neighborhood, describing it as being taken over by gangs and drug dealers. His lawn was regularly littered with refuse and his home and garage had been broken into a combined five times, with the most recent robbery committed by a man McDonald recognized from his own neighborhood. An experienced hunter, McDonald legally owned shotguns, but believed them too unwieldy in the event of a robbery, and wanted to purchase a handgun for personal home defense. Due to Chicago's requirement that all firearms in the city be registered, yet refusing all handgun registrations after 1982 when a citywide handgun ban was passed, he was unable to legally own a handgun. As a result, in 2008, he joined three other Chicago residents in filing a lawsuit which became McDonald v. Chicago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald_v._Chic...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#824162 Dec 17, 2012
" This story focuses on the Pearl High School Shooting of 1997, possibly one of the earliest mass murders committed by a student at a school in the US.

Sixteen year old Luke Woodham was distraught due to the fact that his girlfriend of the time had broken up with him, so he started by beating and stabbing his mother to death at their home. Woodham then took a lever action .30-30 hunting rifle with him to his school, Pearl High. He made no attempt to hide or conceal the rifle. He entered the school and began shooting students. Two people were killed and seven others wounded. The first person killed was Woodham’s ex-girlfriend. After she was shot Woodham began shooting indiscriminately at anyone in the area.

Woodham knew that the police would soon be on their way, but he had no plans to allow himself to be captured or kill himself (as is popular with many mass murderers). Woodham had planned to drive to nearby Pearl Junior High School and continue his shooting spree while police were occupied with the confusion at Pearl High.

Woodham successfully made his way to his car well before police arrived. However, Woodham would never make it to Pearl Junior High.

Assistant Princiapl Joel Myrick heard the shooting when it began and immediately went into action. After getting several students to safety and figuring out what was going on Myrick knew what he had to do. Myrick had a Colt .45 handgun in his truck. Due to gun laws Myrick was not allowed to carry his gun on his person. Myrick ran to his vehicle, retrieved the gun, loaded it, and headed back to the school.

Woodham was already in the parking lot, getting into his car. Myrick confronted Woodham in the parking lot, held his gun to the boy’s head and managed to subdue Woodham until police arrived.

There is simply no telling how many lives were saved by this educator who took steps to make sure that he was prepared for any situation and to use a weapon when it was necessary to save the lives of others."

Lapeer, MI

#824163 Dec 17, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So,the NRA is using this tragedy to collect money from duumbf*cks like you.
I am not surprised.
The NRA is using this tragedy to warn patriots that the idiots are out of the bushes and running wild through the streets.

This includes you. I am not surprised that the feral pigs are organized into a mindless lynch mob. You look cute with that Red Christmas Ribbon tied to your curly little tail:}
Patriot

Erie, CO

#824166 Dec 17, 2012
Libor scandal grows as the fathers of two mass murderers were to testify

http://www.examiner.com/article/libor-scandal...

Lapeer, MI

#824168 Dec 17, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Newtown Connecticut is the result of failed gun control laws against law abiding citizens.
If those teachers had CCW permits, they could have taken down the animal. But the Gun Control Sheep would rather have everyone cower inside of closets to await their certain deaths instead. Cowards. Nothing but except the bull by it's horns Cowards.

I will support the NRA to save us all from Cowards.

Lapeer, MI

#824170 Dec 17, 2012
accept
Cindy

Ottawa, Canada

#824172 Dec 17, 2012
Gun violence and crime is not Obamas fault. This has gone on before he was President and will continue after he's president.

Parents also need to recognize when their kids have a mental problem and get them the help they need before it turns into another mass shooting. Be a better parent and teach your kids responsibility to self, and your community.

Ct, has one of the toughest laws on guns compared to other states and look what happened. People will find other means to express their despair and continue with their violence. Even if the President took away every gun, which is impossible, people would use home made bombs or some other means to harm others.

There should be a time period where anyone with automatic weapons can give their weapons in. After that date,if anyone is found with these types of weapons they do 10 years in prison. Each time they are found with these weapons the years double. Then 3 strikes your out.

I think mental health is a big issue that needs to be focused on as well. There should be tougher laws on phych evaluations on suspected individuals who may become violent or have mental issues. They should be held longer in medical facilities and if found needing care, they should be committed until mentally stable and on the right meds. They should be followed up in the community. The psychiatric Act needs to be revised to not only protect the mentally ill, but to set the priority that the public is safe, even if it impedes on the mentally ills rights and freedoms.

Location hidden

#824173 Dec 17, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If those teachers had CCW permits, they could have taken down the animal. But the Gun Control Sheep would rather have everyone cower inside of closets to await their certain deaths instead. Cowards. Nothing but except the bull by it's horns Cowards.
I will support the NRA to save us all from Cowards.
exactly, those teachers would have been able to take down the degenerates but there again failed Gun Control laws working against the law abiding citizen working in favor of the degenerates which Gun Control Laws meaning nothing to them.

Lapeer, MI

#824174 Dec 17, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Chicago is proof ffuckface just Chicago resident Otis McDonald, a 76 year old (in 2010) retired maintenance engineer from Chicago that had to go to the SCOTUS because of Failed Gun Control Laws since 1982.
Cause
Chicago resident Otis McDonald, a 76 year old (in 2010) retired maintenance engineer, had lived in the Morgan Park neighborhood since buying a house there in 1971. McDonald decried the decline of his neighborhood, describing it as being taken over by gangs and drug dealers. His lawn was regularly littered with refuse and his home and garage had been broken into a combined five times, with the most recent robbery committed by a man McDonald recognized from his own neighborhood. An experienced hunter, McDonald legally owned shotguns, but believed them too unwieldy in the event of a robbery, and wanted to purchase a handgun for personal home defense. Due to Chicago's requirement that all firearms in the city be registered, yet refusing all handgun registrations after 1982 when a citywide handgun ban was passed, he was unable to legally own a handgun. As a result, in 2008, he joined three other Chicago residents in filing a lawsuit which became McDonald v. Chicago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald_v._Chic...
It is a sad state of affairs that law-abiding Americans have to continually fight for their Constitutional Rights of self-defense while criminals can do as they wish with a wink-and-a-nod from the Eric Holders and Boy Messiahs of this world.

But fight we must.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min Kristy 47,085
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 31 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,570
Amy - 9-29-2014 32 min Stina2 38
Amy 10-2 42 min Stina2 9
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr rauner steals 4,061
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Jonah1 50,078
Rauner, Quinn clash on Obamacare expansion ahea... 2 hr Le Jimbo 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr loose cannon 178,625
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr PEllen 98,375
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]