Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#824096 Dec 17, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
But i have to work on january 2nd.
Work's as good a place for the world to end as any.

Just say your goodbyes before going to work!!
ole_47

Blanchard, OK

#824097 Dec 17, 2012
Liberals.....we need your help!

Rich Americans who live on the sides of cliffs are in constant danger...
From...

LANDSLIDES!

THESES THINGS ARE mean and need legislation making them illegal...

http://www.nationalatlas.gov/mld/landslx.html

Ban sliding killer dirt NOW!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#824098 Dec 17, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Oh noes! According to Sister Pus, pregnancy is now officially classified as an illness
No, that would be these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complications_of...
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text> and abortion is preventative therapy.
No, that would be contraception. Dollars to donuts, you're against that too.

Gives women too much freedom to fornicate at will.

Go conceive something.
Don't forget to gestate!

Location hidden

#824099 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Free birth control now should decide. Personal choice should always decide.
The unborn have no say in the matter.
We, the people, should decide - not nine people wearing a robe.
Each individual woman gets to decide. Noone else.

It's none of 'we the peoples' business.

That's what 'freedom' means.

It's like your smoking. I think smokers are weak and smelly, but I would never take away your right to engage in this disgusting habit.

Is that clear enough for you, miss busybody??

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#824100 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm probably going to regret this, but I was wrong about the applause.
Listening to that part of the service while on the computer, I heard the president being introduced and then the applause. When I turned around to look at the television, it looked as if he were making the speech at another location with another audience.
So I was completely wrong about this. If the grieving families and the townspeople applauded the president in that way, then I was wrong. Flat wrong.
I was wrong about that and wrong for assuming he made the speech somewhere else. I apologize for all my posts pertaining to this.
Having had to retract a few statements of my own on these merry adventures, I applaud YOU, carol.

It ain't fun, but it's good.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#824101 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
In Roe v. Wade the Court set up a framework: During the first trimester of pregnancy, a woman's privacy right is strongest and the state may not regulate abortion for any reason.
During the second trimester, the state may regulate abortion only to protect the health of the woman.
During the third trimester, the state may regulate or prohibit abortion to promote its interest in the potential life of the fetus except where abortion is necessary to preserve the woman's life or health.
nccbuscc.org/prolife/issues/abortion/roevwade... ...
Doe v.
(If this site didn't post correctly, I'll try again.)
However, there is nothing in the following website that says anything about the mother's health in second trimester abortions.
http://www.abortion.com/topic.php...
And you'll find on this website second and third trimester abortions by state where the mother's life is not even an issue.
http://realchoice.blogspot.com/2008/10/third-...
rimester-abortions-and-law.htm l
With Obamacare leading to Universal Health women will have an opportunity to have pre natal care and determine which trimester.

If you supported Obamacare leading to universal health care your position on abortion might be worth a listen.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#824102 Dec 17, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Work's as good a place for the world to end as any.
Just say your goodbyes before going to work!!
republicans were boastful after 2010 mid term election, now they just whine

Location hidden

#824103 Dec 17, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
50 to 48. Yeah. That's a mandate.
How much did Chris Christi cost the Democrats?
Ignorance....
I don't normally do the shopping. But, my wife is in Dallas tonight to attend the symphony orchestra concert tonight, and I stopped off to pick a few things up:
1 gallon Bordens Milk
2 pounds Community Coffee
1 package of a dozen cheap bite-size blueberry muffins
$22.56
Four years ago that cost about half that much. But, that's what happens when the US dollar loses that much value in the world.
I guess we're going to have to stop giving everyone food stamps so they can start paying their fair share of inflation. Maybe if everyone was patriotic enough to just pay their own way, we'd cure the insanity in our government.
How about rewriting the tax code.
Everyone over the age of 18 submits a statement of income to the IRS. A flat tax is applied to everyone to equal the domestic expenditure of the government during that tax year minus all other revenue.
Then, EVERYONE will have to pay for the government the majority vote to create, instead of half the country paying all the income taxes for everyone.
Let's see how everyone votes when they have to stop leeching off the other half of the population and actually pay for what they vote for.
The gravy train is coming to an end. There won't be any need for any government action. The simple fact is, money doesn't grow on trees, and the half of the country paying all the income taxes for for the entire country don't even have that much money. An idiot can predict that this whole welfare system is going to collapse. Because, contrary to the Democrats' economic plan, money doesn't grow on trees.
What are you doing here??

Didn't you learn??

We all know you're an idiot, have nothing but nonsense to say, and have been proven wrong in all your predictions, much like the Flake.

So let's compare;

Bush lost by half a million votes in 2000. He got 271 electoral votes to Gore's 266.

Obama got 4 MILLION more votes than Rmoney, and 332 electoral votes, to Romney's 206.

As you like to say, you took a real bad shellacking on Nov. 6th.

The end of the Tea Party, as well.

Now go away.

Location hidden

#824104 Dec 17, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
republicans were boastful after 2010 mid term election, now they just whine
Funny how that works, isn't it??

With all the phony bravado being choked down, they're all falsettos.
Shaniqa

Palm Desert, CA

#824105 Dec 17, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The only positive inspiration coming off him is the one to floss daily...
http://images.politico.com/global/2012/11/121...
...so I don't end up having to keep a death grip on a pair of dentures when I turn his age.
It be looking like Michelle just dropped her chitty drawers an exposed her hairy stanky pud.....
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#824106 Dec 17, 2012
ole_47 wrote:
From...
LANDSLIDES!
WRONG! What we need is MORE dirt.
ole_47

Blanchard, OK

#824107 Dec 17, 2012
Yippee!

Liberals get someone on this...

Pass a law banning rats...
They killed three people between 1991 and 2001

Source,
Langley, R., animal related fatalities in the united states,
Wilderness and Environmental Medicine, 16, 67-74,(2005)

Location hidden

#824108 Dec 17, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Having had to retract a few statements of my own on these merry adventures, I applaud YOU, carol.
It ain't fun, but it's good.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Listening to that part of the service while on the computer, I heard the president being introduced and then the applause. When I turned around to look at the television, it looked as if he were making the speech at another location with another audience.
So I was completely wrong about this. If the grieving families and the townspeople applauded the president in that way, then I was wrong. Flat wrong.
I was wrong about that and wrong for assuming he made the speech somewhere else. I apologize for all my posts pertaining to this.

----------

I, too applaud you Carol. It is a very brave thing to do.

Sometimes you really surprise me. Just when I think you can't be saved, you redeem yourself.

Congratulations for admitting you erred. Good example.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#824109 Dec 17, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>No one is pro-abortion,
Wrong. This is a direct quote from lily;

"Abortion = good"

She's also called abortion an "investment"

Location hidden

#824110 Dec 17, 2012
ole_47 wrote:
From...
LANDSLIDES!
You've dragged out the same joke all day.

They were dumb from the beginning.

You really need new material. You're a one trick pony.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#824112 Dec 17, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
I, too applaud you Carol. It is a very brave thing to do.
Sometimes you really surprise me. Just when I think you can't be saved, you redeem yourself.
Congratulations for admitting you erred. Good example.
Yes !
Agree !!!!!
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#824113 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
We all understand...you are so accustomed to only seeing him booed on FOX.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Dixon, CA

#824114 Dec 17, 2012
Breaking news!!! Nutculur and dem have now fellated over 200 gun owners into surrendering their weapons!! The world is now a safer place thanks to their gigantic lips!!

Location hidden

#824115 Dec 17, 2012
ole_47 wrote:
Yippee!
Liberals get someone on this...
Pass a law banning rats...
They killed three people between 1991 and 2001
Source,
Langley, R., animal related fatalities in the united states,
Wilderness and Environmental Medicine, 16, 67-74,(2005)
I'm pretty sure rats killed a lot more, indirectly.

They are banned, but that doesn't seem to bother them.
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#824116 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
President Barack Obama is pro-abortion at any stage of pregnancy.
Millions and millions of unborn babies at all stages of pregnancy have been aborted over the past 35 years.
No tears for them.
And in the next breath you will whine about all the kids on food stamps and free lunch.
Are you wiling to shell out more taxes for all the extra babies if your fantasy of Roe being overturned comes to fruition?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 min edogxxx 98,254
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min JOEL 69,428
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min MaryanMattie 49,942
Abby 9-23 16 min edogxxx 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Rogue Scholar 05 178,228
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Brian_G 46,845
Voltage Electronic Cigarette Battery 3 hr Arif 1
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info