Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#824185 Dec 17, 2012
professor dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Blood of the nations.
Silence of the Lambs
krissy

Tacoma, WA

#824188 Dec 17, 2012
Eman wrote:
" This story focuses on the Pearl High School Shooting of 1997, possibly one of the earliest mass murders committed by a student at a school in the US.
Sixteen year old Luke Woodham was distraught due to the fact that his girlfriend of the time had broken up with him, so he started by beating and stabbing his mother to death at their home. Woodham then took a lever action .30-30 hunting rifle with him to his school, Pearl High. He made no attempt to hide or conceal the rifle. He entered the school and began shooting students. Two people were killed and seven others wounded. The first person killed was Woodham’s ex-girlfriend. After she was shot Woodham began shooting indiscriminately at anyone in the area.
Woodham knew that the police would soon be on their way, but he had no plans to allow himself to be captured or kill himself (as is popular with many mass murderers). Woodham had planned to drive to nearby Pearl Junior High School and continue his shooting spree while police were occupied with the confusion at Pearl High.
Woodham successfully made his way to his car well before police arrived. However, Woodham would never make it to Pearl Junior High.
Assistant Princiapl Joel Myrick heard the shooting when it began and immediately went into action. After getting several students to safety and figuring out what was going on Myrick knew what he had to do. Myrick had a Colt .45 handgun in his truck. Due to gun laws Myrick was not allowed to carry his gun on his person. Myrick ran to his vehicle, retrieved the gun, loaded it, and headed back to the school.
Woodham was already in the parking lot, getting into his car. Myrick confronted Woodham in the parking lot, held his gun to the boy’s head and managed to subdue Woodham until police arrived.
There is simply no telling how many lives were saved by this educator who took steps to make sure that he was prepared for any situation and to use a weapon when it was necessary to save the lives of others."
School shootings go way, way back-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_s...
Patriot

Erie, CO

#824195 Dec 17, 2012
Drone Operator asks “Did we Just Kill a Kid”, Commander Tells him it Was Just a Dog with 2 Legs

http://theintelhub.com/2012/12/17/drone-opera...
Cindy

Ottawa, Canada

#824196 Dec 17, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a sad state of affairs that law-abiding Americans have to continually fight for their Constitutional Rights of self-defense while criminals can do as they wish with a wink-and-a-nod from the Eric Holders and Boy Messiahs of this world.
But fight we must.
There lies the issue of constitutional rights.The President is damned if you do, and damned if you don't. There is ongoing issues with so called abiding citizens with guns who are mentally ill or has a loved one who is mentally ill with access to these weapons. What is a law abiding citizen doing with an automatic weapon anyway. Hunting rifles are one thing, but no one has any business on the street with automatic weapons that can shell off 30 rounds in one shot. I think that public safety over rules your constitutional rights and freedoms. The law needs to change asap.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#824197 Dec 17, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>No. I was purposefully pregnant. My children were joyfully anticipated. But just because I considered both my sons to be 'babies' in my body, doesn't mean every woman feels that way. And not every woman is cut out to be a mother.
If a woman doesn't want with all her heart to be a mother, why in the name of the Divine would you want to insist she become one?
Unwanted kids have it pretty rough in this world, you know.
In our society we call them babies until we start talking about abortion. It makes it easier to perform the act. I gave no problem with abortion being legal. I do have a problem with abortion being used as a matter of convenience. There's a waiting period to buy a gun, why not abortion (i'm not talking 48hrs). And all options should be discussed with the woman during that period.

Here's something i personally have dealt with. Father's rights...abortion was held over my head to control me for months, and yes, i did whatever necessary to make sure my son was born. There should be some kind of mechanism to protect father's rights.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#824199 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't have these kinds of problems with our younger generation thirty-odd years ago.
Abortion has been around for thirty-odd years.
Is that just a coincidence?
Chicago 1968:
http://afrocityblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/...

Kent State 1970:
http://www.kentstate1970.org//images/sitecont...

Altamont 1969:
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/...

Manson Family circa 1968:
http://listverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/...

Abbie Hoffman et. al. shut down NYSE 1967:
http://www.psychoeconomy.org/blog/wp-content/...

Armed Black Panthers circa 1970:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv8asyl2T11...

Charles Whitman 1963:
http://www.chronicle.su/wp-content/uploads/ch...

Based on his analyses, Duwe characterizes the period of 1966 to 1999 as the second wave of mass murder. This period is marked as a turbulent time in American history; a period specifically characterized by racism and extreme poverty and heightened social activism. The earlier part of this “era” belonged to the Warren Court and its major controversial decisions that emphasized the rights of individuals. According to the data, there was an increase in drug-related mass killings, which was part of a larger trend of mass killings that was increasing—felony- related killings. Gang-related killings are also discussed. During the 1990s, the U.S. also witnessed an increase in the number of high-profile workplace-related mass public shootings. With the exception of the school shootings in the 1990s, public shootings are rare among offenders under the age of 18. According to Duwe, youthful offenders are more typically involved in progeny familicides or felony-related massacres.
http://www.albany.edu/scj/jcjpc/vol15is1/Brat...

So, if you really want to blame something try the phony "war" on drugs. In any case, you can make no correlation with Roe v. Wade.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#824202 Dec 17, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravisimo.
Of course if it were dem, he would have forced the youth to submit to his fellatio at gunpoint....
What'd the guy do??

Capture the kid in th eparking lot??

After he was done killing??

He couldn't have stopped it, unless he was exactly where th eshooter was, which he wasn't, per the story. He was elsewhere, helping students to safety.

At best, he could have shot at the kid as he was exiting.

You nitwits with your cowboy dreams don't have a clue.

It's magical thinking, where the good guys win.

Reality indicates otherwise. Ask the two cops just shot in Kansas. They were armed, right?? Still got killed, right??

Location hidden

#824203 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
President Barack Obama is pro-abortion at any stage of pregnancy.
Millions and millions of unborn babies at all stages of pregnancy have been aborted over the past 35 years.
No tears for them.
There you go lying through your teeth again. Somebody would have to be at least as sick as you to be "pro-abortion". The correct term, and you know this, is "pro-choice". You've never heard the argument from anybody but the sick fcks you admire frame the argument any other way.

Location hidden

#824205 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Etiquette and appropriate decorum have never changed with the times.
Until now.
WTF are you smoking?

Location hidden

#824207 Dec 17, 2012
krissy wrote:
<quoted text>
thirty odd years. are you serious?
Good catch, I automatically thought Roe v. Wade (which she missed by a decade). You're right, its been around for hundreds if not thousands of years.

Location hidden

#824208 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm probably going to regret this, but I was wrong about the applause.
Listening to that part of the service while on the computer, I heard the president being introduced and then the applause. When I turned around to look at the television, it looked as if he were making the speech at another location with another audience.
So I was completely wrong about this. If the grieving families and the townspeople applauded the president in that way, then I was wrong. Flat wrong.
I was wrong about that and wrong for assuming he made the speech somewhere else. I apologize for all my posts pertaining to this.
Good for you.

Location hidden

#824211 Dec 17, 2012
Song for the wingnuts who think more guns are the answer to guns.

Addresses the mentality well.

Location hidden

#824212 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
In Roe v. Wade the Court set up a framework: During the first trimester of pregnancy, a woman's privacy right is strongest and the state may not regulate abortion for any reason.
During the second trimester, the state may regulate abortion only to protect the health of the woman.
During the third trimester, the state may regulate or prohibit abortion to promote its interest in the potential life of the fetus except where abortion is necessary to preserve the woman's life or health.
nccbuscc.org/prolife/issues/abortion/roevwade... ...
Doe v.
(If this site didn't post correctly, I'll try again.)
However, there is nothing in the following website that says anything about the mother's health in second trimester abortions.
http://www.abortion.com/topic.php...
And you'll find on this website second and third trimester abortions by state where the mother's life is not even an issue.
http://realchoice.blogspot.com/2008/10/third-...
The abortion.com is a medical fact sheet the last one is just more of your sick friends who have no problem lying to you.

Location hidden

#824213 Dec 17, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, you silly sockpuppet!!
(This'll give Nobraina his once a year woody!)
... then Galt can hang his sock on it.

Location hidden

#824214 Dec 17, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"dumos"
You are one sicksonofabitch. You must be really proud of yourself. Get a life, quit being an azzhole, at least for one post.
Peace
KMA
Go rinse yer dentures ya creepy old fck.

<I like that alliteration >

Location hidden

#824216 Dec 17, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you smoking?
Can you say c_o_n_d_e_s_c_e_n_d_i_n_g??

But she, for whatever reason, chose to take it all back.

So why are you the sockpuppet, not vice versa??

Trying to understand the inner workings of the zombie brain of Nobraina, you see.
krissy

Tacoma, WA

#824217 Dec 17, 2012
The list is even longer if you factor in other types of weapons.

Schools are targets both here and abroad. yes, it's Wiki, but the majority of stories are sourced. Sadly enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school-r...

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#824219 Dec 17, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
In our society we call them babies until we start talking about abortion. It makes it easier to perform the act. I gave no problem with abortion being legal. I do have a problem with abortion being used as a matter of convenience. There's a waiting period to buy a gun, why not abortion (i'm not talking 48hrs). And all options should be discussed with the woman during that period.
Here's something i personally have dealt with. Father's rights...abortion was held over my head to control me for months, and yes, i did whatever necessary to make sure my son was born. There should be some kind of mechanism to protect father's rights.
Fathers? Sperm donors are not fathers. Rapists are not fathers. 14 yr. old boys are not fathers. Men who refuse to pay child support are not fathers.

Men have several rights concerning pregnancy:
1) The right to abstain from sex
2) The right to wear a condom, or be voluntarily sterilized
3) The right to be honest with the woman with whom he plans to have intercourse, and with that, the responsibility to be sure she is willing to become pregnant with his child, BEFORE he engages in the potentially procreative act.
4) The right to a paternity test.

If men had say over whether or not a pregnancy continues, there would be double the number of abortions.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#824222 Dec 17, 2012
professor dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure ffuckface I live in Chicago.
Only ones killing each other everyday are blacks. And that's the real secret and reason that republicans fight gun control. Genocide by gun.
Meantime retards are being brought to gun ranges by their stupid as fk white mothers and trained to kill innocent women and children.
You really have respect for blacks, don't cha? I suppose you think Republicans developed the AIDS virus too, huh? You think all that has to be done is provide the means and blacks they will naturally kill themselves off, huh? Yup, you bleeding heart liberals have a VERY high regard for your fellow man. I suggest you look at what generational dependence has done to black families and the repercussions of Democrat social slavery, instead of fabricating lame brain scenarios. The social decay of this country can be laid squarely at the feet of the Democrat Party and the welfare system they invented and perpetuate, as proven by the last presidential election.
krissy

Tacoma, WA

#824226 Dec 17, 2012
Maybe Debil had it right when he said the way to hurt someone is not to hurt them personally but to hurt the ones you (society in general) love. Why did it take us this long to see it and why haven't we done something about it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min jacques Ottawau 181,681
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 30 min Taint Shield 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 44 min kal 49,174
Deat Abby 12-16 1 hr Sublime1 44
best joke (Oct '09) 1 hr Always Smile 526
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 2 hr Go Blue Forever 18
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr RACE 4,912
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:25 am PST

Bleacher Report11:25AM
If Bears Fire Marc Trestman, What Should They Look For in a Replacement Coach?
NBC Sports11:31 AM
Chris Conte: NFL career worth shortened life
NFL11:41 AM
Trestman: There's accountability in Bears' building
NBC Sports12:41 PM
Bears' Trestman aware of speculation about future - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports 1:20 PM
Chicago sportscaster apologizes for tasteless joke in Cutler pun