Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1231700 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#824370 Dec 18, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't have a uterus I don't see you having much standing on the anti-abortion side of the debate.
Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock have uteri? Who knew.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#824371 Dec 18, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, you and the rest of the nutcases, Dobson, Ficsher, Huckabee,
the Westboro group, you're all birds of a feather.
A massacre happens and you blame it on gay marriage and abortion.
Anything to promote your pushing your religion on everyone.
Can't you people ever just give it up for one effing day and let these people alone to mourn their childrens death? Have you no shame? It's sickening.
The above clowns like to preach moral compass as they defend the 7th vacations home in the Cayman Islands.
Religion is fine, just misrepresented by smug preachers in five thousand dollar suits.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#824372 Dec 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Can't you people ever just give it up for one effing day and let these people alone to mourn their childrens death? Have you no shame? It's sickening.
Just tell them that if Adam Lanza had been aborted, this tragedy would have never occurred.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824373 Dec 18, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with politics. It has everything to do with us. We created this environment through our complacency and losing our moral compass and not even trying to find it.
Garbage in, garbage out. The connection is obvious.
politics/legislation is the only thing that can change it.

hollow words from hypocritical deity worshipers sure won't get it done. otherwise, you'd have nothing to complain about.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#824374 Dec 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock early Christmas gifts to the Democratic Party!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#824376 Dec 18, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
This is UNBELIEVABLE!! The news just said there are about four million NRA members. There are about 300 million guns in this country. That averages out to 75 guns per member. That's f'kin ridiculous!! No wonder NRA members are considered to be NUTS!! What the hell is wrong with you people?!? Who the hell needs 75 guns?!? You people are not only terrorists, you're SICK, PARANOID, MENTALLY ILL terrorists, just like the kid that shot up that school! Jeez!! No wonder America's crime rate is so high! President Obama, AMERICA BEGS YOU!! PLEAS GET RID OF ALL THESE GUNS!!
I am a gun owner & would never ever join the NRA.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#824377 Dec 18, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the teachers need more, and enhanced training. How about both, teachers trained with firearms AND police? If a teacher shooses to remain unarmed, like I choose any and every time I leave my home, then that is a choice available to them.
And, then we can work on training our teachers to be better than producing the most expensive workforce in the industrialized world with the most expensive education system in the world.
Out of curiosity, why do you think we have the most expensive education system in the world adn produce the most ignorant workforce in the industrialized world?
First you want to close the schools and fire the teachers, take their pensions, lower their salaries and now you want them to become body guards and carry guns?
What's next? Perhaps we can turn schools into military barracks and the kids can all wear army uniforms. Onward Christian soldiers and they can listen to Wagners Wahlspruch für die Deutsche Feuerwehr
Yer outta yer minduh.
proud2bwhite

Saint Paul, MN

#824378 Dec 18, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Really stupid? What did he have a musket? No he was armed with an AR 15 which is classified as an assault rifle.
reports of the AR15 were false,it seems with current reports he had a bush master .308 wich is a hunting rifel.bolth are semi automatics but the bush master hunting rifel has more knock down power and range than the smaller avg so called asault rifel, civilan model .223 AR15. Not that the weapon maters at all , he could have done this same evil deed with a cheap wal mart .22
Reguardless it was the syco that did the killing. The guns did not grow legs and walk into that school.
Criminals and sycos don't tend to care about laws or gun bans, 10 shootings last night in chicago in a gun free city.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#824379 Dec 18, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Too late ,300 million guns are already in law abiding hands come and get em while theyre hot .
No one is going to ban guns if that is your worry.
Just useful to have the Republican Party known as the party of
the rich
the guns
and hating 47% of voters

thanks
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#824380 Dec 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the point of joining anyway? On the local news here they interviewed people frantically buying guns; one kid was only 21, said he had 5 guns already, buying more.
Sickening.
RUSH10ME

Chase City, VA

#824381 Dec 18, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
This is UNBELIEVABLE!! The news just said there are about four million NRA members. There are about 300 million guns in this country. That averages out to 75 guns per member. That's f'kin ridiculous!! No wonder NRA members are considered to be NUTS!! What the hell is wrong with you people?!? Who the hell needs 75 guns?!? You people are not only terrorists, you're SICK, PARANOID, MENTALLY ILL terrorists, just like the kid that shot up that school! Jeez!! No wonder America's crime rate is so high! President Obama, AMERICA BEGS YOU!! PLEAS GET RID OF ALL THESE GUNS!!
You are one dumbfuck liberal pos , you don't need to be a member of the NRA to own a gun , ask your brothers all over the country that kill eachother every goddamned day , more blacks killed for street cred last night than all the senceless shooting sprees put together , where is your out cry about all that shit , the left is just trying to push their agenda on the coffins of dead babies , how many foriegn babies has obama killed with his drones ??
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#824382 Dec 18, 2012
<quoted text>
It's heartbreaking how the religious right is using this tragedy to advance their agenda.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#824383 Dec 18, 2012
Back2Reality4Now wrote:
Well, we think Barack will be great in his second term. Remember guys and gals, when Barack came into office. He said that he would not be able to fix the mess we were in, in just four years. It would take longer. Bush left eight years of mess for him to clean up. Not only is Barack dealing with the countries present problems, he is also trying to catch things up from the past.:)
Yeah right. It took the first four years to fcuk things up so bad 7.7%(joke) unemployment looks pretty good and 50% of the country on gov. cheese is a great accomplishment. Everything about this economy is Obama's, if it's not his 'fault' then he's got us right where he wants us. Starve the economy long enough and even bread and water starts to look pretty damned appetizing.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#824384 Dec 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Well, they ARE pus sies ...
<couldn't resist>
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#824386 Dec 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Still, you benefit from their insane pro-gun legislation, just like non-union scabs benefit from labor union's collective bargaining agreements. Like them, you're getting a free ride. You're nothing more than a NRA scab.
proud2bwhite

Saint Paul, MN

#824387 Dec 18, 2012
I would bet their are armed people in the school the obama girls atend. If its good for our so called servants kids why is it so wrong for ours?.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#824388 Dec 18, 2012
Good Morning Lily and Carol,
Want to see the film Lincoln soon.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824389 Dec 18, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>It's heartbreaking how the religious right is using this tragedy to advance their agenda.
advance? looks to me like they're walking backwards.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#824390 Dec 18, 2012
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy to spot liberal crap. Anytime they spew about gun control, they tend to bring up the term "assault weapon".
What the hell is an "assault weapon"? I know a good deal about guns, but "assault weapon" means nothing. To a liberal, it means "a scary looking gun". Which is why the "assault weapon" ban that expired years ago is not around-- it couldn't be enforced because there is no definition for "assault weapon".
But that's the Liberal Way. Pass laws that make people feel better and less afraid, even if they are pointless. Like having every airline passenger take off his shoes at the airport.
Bought some Sudafed over the weekend, my wife has a cold. Since liberal kids are cooking so much meth these days, a customer can't buy Sudafed without going to the pharmacy and having their driver's license scanned. The last thing you have to do before they give you the decongestant is sign a statement that says "I promise ONLY to use this product to stop my sniffles".
Like if I WAS going to cook meth with it I wouldn't sign that form.
Ah, liberal influence is everywhere.
What states have the largest meth problems?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#824391 Dec 18, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
The above clowns like to preach moral compass as they defend the 7th vacations home in the Cayman Islands.
Religion is fine, just misrepresented by smug preachers in five thousand dollar suits.
Huckabee's son slit the throat of a dog, skinned and hung it with another sicko Christian boy. Perhaps he can explain to us why.
Hallelujer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Environmentalist PhD 53,443
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min positronium 189,577
Amy 5-22-15 34 min Pippa 6
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 48 min not a ghost 5,986
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 50 min not a ghost 1,178
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 52 min not a ghost 893
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr not a ghost 519
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr editor 99,531
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]