Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
761,101 - 761,120 of 1,081,635 Comments Last updated 35 min ago

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I said "most", troll.
If folks like you and carol have their way, however, it will be 'none'- performed legally, anyway. You fetus sniffers would be overjoyed if women died left and right from illegal ones.

Who the F**K are you, to determine 'inconvenience' for someone else, orc?

Abortion is self-defense, and personal risk assessment is the right of everyone. Even pregnant women. Sorry about your control issues.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, and now the time is ripe, young children massacred brings it home to every parent. Everyone should write his/her congress person.
There's got to be a reason he went to that school, yet to be uncovered. Makes no sense.
Apparently, he was home schooled by his mom--sounds more like namE all the time--but that would have been in high school. You would have to assume that he was not treated with all kindness and compassion by a school full of adolescents, but, again--first graders in an elementary? Just makes no sense.
ole_47

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You can change your names, Killtaker, but you can't hide your ignorance and stupidity.
All the things you mention so stupidly are not designed to harm life.
Only a gun is.
So stop the stupidity. Even if it is all you're capable of.
You like my citations?

Data is fun to manipulate...

Im glad you learned to read...
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok who decides?
State legislators, I don't think so.
Abortion is a difficult decision, some motived by poverty caused by Republicans wanted to make certain millionaires have that 7th vacation home.
Notice republican oppose abortion and Obamacare at the same time.
The highest abortion rates in American are Black Woman I believe they vote Democrat!! But after 50 years voting Democratic there still asking for their Stuff!! Today 1 in 6 Americans in poverty thank you Obama!!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It was clear what I said. That it is right and good for any president to speak on behalf of the nation at a time like this.
Just not with the inappropriate accolades from the audience for doing so.
I was more disappointed. This is not the time to perpetrate hatred as I also made clear in nearly every post the past two days.
I was in the room at the High School for the entire Memorial Service.

The pride and love shown to our President by the audience was wonderful!!

Everyone felt so honored and proud that, in a time of intense pain and grieving, our President found the time to share himself and his humanity with the people of CT!!

Only a hate filled mongrel like you would accuse the good people of Newtown of bad form for applauding the President.

But then we applauded the first responders, the clergy, the Governor, the town leaders, as well as the President.

You are really sick, Lorac. Ypour hatred for Obama now indicts the people of Newtown, who you stupidly saccuse of bad form by applauding.

Plkease show us the 'rules of etiquette' that state a Predisent cannot be applauded at Memorial services.

How quickly you forget the applause Bush got at the Memorial for the Space Shuttle.

Care to insult the audience from that event??

Your sickness is getting worse.
ole_47

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>So you're saying you were born this hateful, bigoted, and "undersireably" wrong? The right is so sure that nature rules nurture that you insist every fertilized egg be carried full term so you can use them for target practice later.(I bet you're also one who needs an assault rifle, Kevlar, and a 100 round clip to feel safe, but in your state--of mind--there might actually be zombies.)
How much security does aborting a baby afford you????

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lanza's were Registered Republicans, both husband and wife.
They were wealthy, both had worked in finance, had mega-bucks. He's a VP at GE, I believe.
The mother made a tragic mistake, but then, she was a gun nut, survivalist, and NRA fan.
Only the wingnuts are survivalists. We have some of them here.
your right, its starting to come out about the Lanza's personal life which I heard today and she was from New Hampshire originally and was raised around guns and she made tragic mistake teaching a mentally ill person how use a firearm and I do believe that the Lanza's were Republicans from the Northeast but Republicans from the Northeast are more socially Pseudo Liberal than the Average Republican and that is what this poster sliver203 in 2007 even stated which he is right when he posted.

Southwestern Connecticut is among the most conservative areas in New England - mostly fiscally - but would be considered more socially liberal to those in the south and the heartland. Westport leans more liberal but still has a good percentage of conservatives.

The very wealthy towns of Greenwich, Darien, New Canaan, Ridgefield and Wilton vote overwhelmingly Republican. If you can't afford homes in these towns (the median price being close to or over $1m in most of the "Gold Coast" area), then other very conservative communities in SW Connecticut are Southbury, Oxford, Middlebury, Shelton, Easton, Monroe, Newtown, Seymour and Brookfield. These towns are also more fiscally conservative than socially, and prices are cheaper than those in lower Fairfield. Still, most of these communities are within a 30 minute drive to Bridgeport and Norwalk.

If you don't want to live among Liberals, then Connecticut may not be the place for you. Even the conservatives here, as I stated before, lean more left than your average American Republican.

As for eastern CT (Groton area), the towns there are generally more liberal than further west. I believe the vast majority of Middlesex, New London and Tolland Counties are very liberal.

I guess it all depends on what you can afford. If you want a conservative community and can afford the price tag of $800k and up, consider Greenwich, Darien and Wilton. If prices in the 500s are more realistic for you, then consider Southbury, Newtown or Oxford where you can get more house for your money.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/connecticut/21...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Issue has changed since 1973.
Pregnant women email their sonogram with the name of the child.
Who decides is the issue.
Not the people who hate the 47%
Yes and they're getting sonograms on a monthly basis, which I find alarming. Inner ear damage and chronic ear infections in children have been attributed to ultrasound. Everything is a visual now, every single event in life posted to facebook, a friend of my daughters water broke and she had her husband take a photo of her wet pants announcing it and posted it on facebook!
It's a different world; we are getting older and remembering when people had a little more privacy. Abortion is a personal decision, no one elses business but the woman.
ole_47

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently, he was home schooled by his mom--sounds more like namE all the time--but that would have been in high school. You would have to assume that he was not treated with all kindness and compassion by a school full of adolescents, but, again--first graders in an elementary? Just makes no sense.
Give us the run-down on Aspergers/autism....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently, he was home schooled by his mom--sounds more like namE all the time--but that would have been in high school. You would have to assume that he was not treated with all kindness and compassion by a school full of adolescents, but, again--first graders in an elementary? Just makes no sense.
Apparently, it made sense to him. The rest of us are just going to have to wonder what screws were loose up there, and be glad he's no longer able to contribute to the gene pool.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
You like my citations?
Data is fun to manipulate...
Im glad you learned to read...
I do like that you're willing to make a complete ass of yourself with such nonsense.

Ever figure out your taxes, or should I help you again??

ROFLMAO
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
No, it doesn't. He wasn't always home schooled. He went to that school for a reason, I hope somehow, the family or computer records can discover it.
dem

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>So you're saying you were born this hateful, bigoted, and "undersireably" wrong? The right is so sure that nature rules nurture that you insist every fertilized egg be carried full term so you can use them for target practice later.(I bet you're also one who needs an assault rifle, Kevlar, and a 100 round clip to feel safe, but in your state--of mind--there might actually be zombies.)
damn am I glad you showed up. if ever there was someone who could prove sucking up every last drop of baby batter weakens humans, it's you .....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
How much security does aborting a baby afford you????
In my case, it afforded me the chance to have two beautiful sons. Had I not had a life-saving abortion, I'd be dead, with no progeny.

In the case of MOST abortions, it affords the woman the security of knowing she will not be afflicted with the myriad of health problems, some of which are life-threatening, that even a healthy normal pregnancy can (and routinely does) cause.

But I'm guessing you already knew that.
ole_47

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Oh no!

Say it ain't so.....

electricity? Paging Edison....you devil!

Democrats....save us from electrocution!

in 2000, 400 died from evil electricity...

http://www.cpsc.gov/library/electro.pdf
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

ST. LOUIS COUNTY (KMOX)- St. Louis County Police Chief Tim Fitch says it is time to talk about arming civilian school personnel following Friday’s massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, comparing it to arming airline pilots after September 11, 2001.

“I see it no differently,” he said.“Pilots have been armed now for many many years, we’ve not had another hijacking and the issue is, for the bad guy, he doesn’t know which airplane he’s getting on, if the pilot is armed or not.”

Fitch said the killing will not be stopped by legislation or laws.“If there’s somebody that’s really hellbent on doing something like this, they’re not going to care what the law is.”

The chief is adamant about his plans but realizes his calls for arming school workers will be met with resistance.

Concerning the possibility of gun control, Fitch said “it’s just not going to happen,” and called for an increased focus on mental health instead.

“One of the first thing governments tend to cut back on in tight times are mental health services,” he said.“We know this individual has a mental health history in Connecticut, we’ve seen that in all the school shootings, and additional resources would be helpful.

But, last resort, somebody’s got to take action and they got to do it quickly.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>your right, its starting to come out about the Lanza's personal life which I heard today and she was from New Hampshire originally and was raised around guns and she made tragic mistake teaching a mentally ill person how use a firearm and I do believe that the Lanza's were Republicans from the Northeast but Republicans from the Northeast are more socially Pseudo Liberal than the Average Republican and that is what this poster sliver203 in 2007 even stated which he is right when he posted.
Southwestern Connecticut is among the most conservative areas in New England - mostly fiscally - but would be considered more socially liberal to those in the south and the heartland. Westport leans more liberal but still has a good percentage of conservatives.
The very wealthy towns of Greenwich, Darien, New Canaan, Ridgefield and Wilton vote overwhelmingly Republican. If you can't afford homes in these towns (the median price being close to or over $1m in most of the "Gold Coast" area), then other very conservative communities in SW Connecticut are Southbury, Oxford, Middlebury, Shelton, Easton, Monroe, Newtown, Seymour and Brookfield. These towns are also more fiscally conservative than socially, and prices are cheaper than those in lower Fairfield. Still, most of these communities are within a 30 minute drive to Bridgeport and Norwalk.
If you don't want to live among Liberals, then Connecticut may not be the place for you. Even the conservatives here, as I stated before, lean more left than your average American Republican.
As for eastern CT (Groton area), the towns there are generally more liberal than further west. I believe the vast majority of Middlesex, New London and Tolland Counties are very liberal.
I guess it all depends on what you can afford. If you want a conservative community and can afford the price tag of $800k and up, consider Greenwich, Darien and Wilton. If prices in the 500s are more realistic for you, then consider Southbury, Newtown or Oxford where you can get more house for your money.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/connecticut/21...
You did a good job of defining CT demographics.

The richer the town, them more Republiclown it leans.

As you say, the Gold Coast is very Republiclown.

And CT Republiclowns have little in common with Red State Republiclowns.

It's a fairly liberal state, and a wealthy one. As you said, Repubs here would be Dems in Red states.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you that poor of a shot? Need to go spend some time at the range or get yourself a shotgun.
No, just want nothing left of the guy but a pile of mush.

Send a message.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

leosnana wrote:
I read differently, that he had attended high school in that district and also had attended a nearby community college for a while.

Also read where the high school officials had expressed concerns to Adams mom about his well being. He was definitely frail, could he have been bullied.

I guess eventually we'll learn all the details.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us the run-down on Aspergers/autism....
Hasn't your doctor explained it to you, or did you forget??

Must be the aspergers..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 2 hr TW_sugar_daddio 17
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr LRS 174,860
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,391
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr andet1987 4,585
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr andet1987 4,561
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 hr truth 48,928
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr TRD 68,037
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 3:19AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters