Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
761,101 - 761,120 of 1,101,343 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#823969 Dec 17, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't. He wasn't always home schooled. He went to that school for a reason, I hope somehow, the family or computer records can discover it.
I think he had attended that school when he was young, but I heard that in Newtown, and don't know for sure.

Don't know, but I hear he wasn't picked on, but kids like him are acutely aware they don't fit in. Thart's why they look at the floor.

I heard Nancy had gone to the school when he was a child and she didn't like the program he was in.

Think she took him out of school in Jr. High.

Don't know if they'll ever figure out why THAT school was stuck in his head for all these years..........

Where did the hatred come from?? He shot her 'several' times in the head. How does one do that to his mother??

----------

Boomtown Rats made a song about this sort of thing some years ago (1979), called "I don't like Mondays", about a school shooting;

"" According to Geldof, he wrote the song after reading a telex report at Georgia State University's campus radio station, WRAS, on the shooting spree of 16-year-old Brenda Ann Spencer, who fired at children in a school playground at Grover Cleveland Elementary School in San Diego, California on 29 January 1979, killing two adults and injuring eight children and one police officer. Spencer showed no remorse for her crime and her full explanation for her actions was "I don't like Mondays. This livens up the day". The song was first performed less than a month later. Geldof explained how he wrote the song.""

Location hidden

#823970 Dec 17, 2012
The Brits, even in 1979, saw how damaged American society is.

Thirty three years later, it's even worse.

And the gun culture is responsible..........

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#823971 Dec 17, 2012
ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
How much security does aborting a baby afford you????
That would obviously depend on just how imminent death would be from the life threatening condition... you seem to have gone so far to the right, you've come up miles to the left of logic.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#823972 Dec 17, 2012
not future NRA members....

A group of boys wearing Newton sweatshirts enter the funeral for six-year-old Jack Pinto at the Honan Funeral Home near Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. on Monday, Dec. 17.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/p...

remember how after 9/11 some of us started in on Muslims living in this country?

this is the gun nuts 9/11. why should overreaction be limited to the right? and their under-reaction in this case will be dully noted and dismissed.

Location hidden

#823973 Dec 17, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>that is why Mitt Romney is the way he is.
Yes!!
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#823974 Dec 17, 2012
Democrats weed need your attention!

Americans are in danger of being eaten...

BAN CAPTIVE BIG CATS!
LEGISLATE CAPTIVE BIG CATS!
SEND ALL these wild animals to sensitivity training to INSTRUCT them NOT TO EAT humans!

they are hungry and eating people!

21 Proud americans were killed by big cats between 1990 and 2011

http://www.rexano.org/Statistics/Captive_big_...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823975 Dec 17, 2012
When liberals drive the economy into the crapper, sooner or later conservatives will be called to the rescue:

TOKYO - Japan's conservative Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) surged back to power in an election on Sunday just three years after a devastating defeat, giving ex-Prime Minister Shinzo Abe a chance to push his hawkish security agenda and radical economic recipe.

Exit polls by television broadcasters showed the LDP winning nearly 300 seats in parliament's powerful 480-member lower house, while its ally, the small New Komeito party, looked set to win about 30 seats.

That would give the two parties the two-thirds majority needed to over-rule parliament's upper house, where no party has a majority and which can block bills, which should help to break a deadlock that has plagued the world's third biggest economy since 2007.

An LDP win will usher in a government committed to a tough stance in a territorial row with China, a pro-nuclear energy policy despite last year's Fukushima disaster and a potentially risky prescription for hyper-easy monetary policy and big fiscal spending to beat deflation and tame a strong yen.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#823976 Dec 17, 2012
ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us the run-down on Aspergers/autism....
Aspergers are basically the highest functioning of the autistic and often have higher IQ's than the so-called "normal" population. However, they are very rarely able to behave "normally" in social situations. They are more likely to be victims of violence than perpetrators...if I were to practice psychiatry without a license, I might wonder if the mother was failing to admit that Adam was actually becoming schizophrenic.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#823977 Dec 17, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't bother me in the least.
But then, I have the law on my side.
You and Carol share abject ignorance and enjoy beating dead horses.
Never bothers dead souls either. Slavery was once 'legal'. Lets make that 'legal' again?

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#823978 Dec 17, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
That is factually incorrect.
If so, then so is what this what you wrote:

"Taxes will increase for all Americans on January 1.

Republicans want to reduce taxes for all Americans on January 1."
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#823979 Dec 17, 2012
Democrats! We need your help...

BAN swingsets and slides NOW...

they kill!

Between 1990 and 2000
147 children were killed by playground equipment!

http://www.cpsc.gov/library/playgrnd.pdf
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823981 Dec 17, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans set the stage for all taxes to go up, why don't y'all have any sense of personal responsibility and ownership? Its a gross character flaw endemic in your party.
The Senate vote was 74-26. 6 Democrats and 19 Republicans voted against the bill.
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#823982 Dec 17, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Aspergers are basically the highest functioning of the autistic and often have higher IQ's than the so-called "normal" population. However, they are very rarely able to behave "normally" in social situations. They are more likely to be victims of violence than perpetrators...if I were to practice psychiatry without a license, I might wonder if the mother was failing to admit that Adam was actually becoming schizophrenic.
You don't think the probabilty exists that a child could be tormented because of Asperger traits and lose control, possibly hurting someone?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#823983 Dec 17, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto.
Oh hey, and I found this for you regarding our exchange yesterday (the "Wild West" is often cited by libertarians in examples):
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/view ...
Hi Tenzing,
I dont' think you can compare the Wild West of the 1800's to modern society. The only country you could attribute the success of an armed citizenry is probably Switzerland, but it's certainly not foolproof. In Finland most people have guns too.
I liked this article and found it informative and worth contemplating:
The Stone December 16, 2012, 1:00 pm588 Comments
The Freedom of an Armed Society
By FIRMIN DEBRABANDER
As Michel Foucault pointed out in his detailed study of the mechanisms of power, nothing suits power so well as extreme individualism. In fact, he explains, political and corporate interests aim at nothing less than “individualization,” since it is far easier to manipulate a collection of discrete and increasingly independent individuals than a community. Guns undermine just that — community. Their pervasive, open presence would sow apprehension, suspicion, mistrust and fear, all emotions that are corrosive of community and civic cooperation. To that extent, then, guns give license to autocratic government.
Our gun culture promotes a fatal slide into extreme individualism. It fosters a society of atomistic individuals, isolated before power — and one another — and in the aftermath of shootings such as at Newtown, paralyzed with fear. That is not freedom, but quite its opposite. And as the Occupy movement makes clear, also the demonstrators that precipitated regime change in Egypt and Myanmar last year, assembled masses don’t require guns to exercise and secure their freedom, and wield world-changing political force. Arendt and Foucault reveal that power does not lie in armed individuals, but in assembly — and everything conducive to that.
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/...
You'd be surprised at how strict gun control was in the old west, it was nothing like the way Hollywood depicts it. That sense of community that he talks about, that's what exemplified life in the cattle and gold towns, and its that sort communal cooperation that libertarianism is really about. Scale is irrelevant, you live in a version of it if your community has covenants and conditions. Those C and C's had no government involvement in them right?
http://www.ndsu.edu/pubweb/~rcollins/scholars...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#823984 Dec 17, 2012
ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
How much security does aborting a baby afford you????
Give birth then get back to us.
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#823985 Dec 17, 2012
Houston we have a problem!

It's SHARKS!

Kill them all before they eat our children!

12 deaths by crazed sharks in 2011
"Australia (3).
Reunion (2).
The Seychelles (2).
South Africa (2).
Costa Rica (1).
Kenya (1).
New Caledonia (1)."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/story/2012/...

Ban sharks before its to late....
OUR EVIL GOVERMENT

Nashville, NC

#823987 Dec 17, 2012

WERE ARE THE TEAR DROPS!!!!!

Senator Obama's Voting Record

As an Illinois State Senator, Barack Obama opposed the Illinois Born Alive Infants Protection Act. The legislation defined any infant born alive as a "person” who deserves full legal protection.

The Illinois Born Alive Infants Protection Act was modeled after the federal version, with the identical definition of “born alive.” The World Health Organization created this definition in 1950. The United Nations adopted it in 1955.

Obama actively opposed the legislation in the Illinois State Senate. In 2001, he voted no in committee, spoke against it on the Senate floor, and voted present on the floor. In 2002, he voted no in committee, spoke against it on the Senate floor, and voted no on the floor. Obama was the sole senator to ever speak against it on the Senate floor.

The U.S. Senate passed the federal bill unanimously, with Senators Barbara Boxer and Ted Kennedy speaking in support of it.

The pro-abortion group NARAL expressed neutrality on the federal bill. On August 5, 2002, President George W. Bush signed it into law.

For four years Obama has said he would have supported the federal version, but that simply isn’t true. In 2003, as chairman of the Illinois Senate's Health and Human Services Committee, Obama voted yes on an amendment that made the Illinois version identical to the federal one. However, he then voted no on the amended bill.

(Note the first vote under “DP#1” or “Do Pass Amendment #1” was to allow the amendment to be added, making this bill identical to the federal Born Alive bill. The second vote under “DPA” or “Do Pass as Amended” was on the bill as amended. Obama voted to amend the bill and then voted against the amended bill.)

View the Republican State Senate Staff analysis here.

Click here to see a comparison of the final federal version of Born Alive and the 2003 IL version Obama opposed.

It has been speculated that the IL Born Alive bill became unnecessary after passage of the federal bill. This is not true.

The federal legislation was focused on Federal laws only, ensuring that for purposes of federal law, the terms “human being,”“person,”“child,” and “individual” include all born alive infants. The Illinois statute ensures that the same is true for purposes of Illinois law. The two bills are complementary, and the Illinois legislation was necessary to ensure that born alive infants in IL and not at a Federal hospital were fully protected under Illinois law.
http://www.bornalivetruth.org/obamarecord.php

PEOPLE THAT BELEIVE IN THIS SHOULD HAVE TO WATCH
THIS!!!!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#823988 Dec 17, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Aspergers are basically the highest functioning of the autistic and often have higher IQ's than the so-called "normal" population. However, they are very rarely able to behave "normally" in social situations. They are more likely to be victims of violence than perpetrators...if I were to practice psychiatry without a license, I might wonder if the mother was failing to admit that Adam was actually becoming schizophrenic.
Wow, just as I finished reading your post a shrink on CNN also mentioned schizophrenia.

If you get CNN the Brooke gal is doing a little tour of Newtown. What a pretty area of the country.
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#823989 Dec 17, 2012
Stop the presses!

WEW HAVE A SAFETY ISSUE of the highest order!

DEMOCRATS man your posts, fan the flames AGAINST rich bed makers...

BUNK BEDS are killing our children!

"...ten entrapment deaths have occurred each year inthe United States since 1990."

http://www.cpsc.gov/library/foia/foia98/pubco...

BAN BUNK BEDS NOW, before its to late!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#823990 Dec 17, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be surprised at how strict gun control was in the old west, it was nothing like the way Hollywood depicts it. That sense of community that he talks about, that's what exemplified life in the cattle and gold towns, and its that sort communal cooperation that libertarianism is really about. Scale is irrelevant, you live in a version of it if your community has covenants and conditions. Those C and C's had no government involvement in them right?
http://www.ndsu.edu/pubweb/~rcollins/scholars...
Hedley Lamar?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 min the wandering girl 4,684
Crack and the Social, Moral, and Economic Decay... 1 hr joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Virus Infected 49,488
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0803... 3 hr mr innocent 1
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr andet1987 4,664
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr litesong 46,375
Michelle Obama, f/k/a MICHAEL LAVAUGHN ROBINSON 4 hr FXX 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr LRS 177,520
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE