Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,055)

Showing posts 761,081 - 761,100 of1,078,610
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno, maybe someone like Huckabee, the one whose son is a dog killer or somethin...
Issue has changed since 1973.
Pregnant women email their sonogram with the name of the child.
Who decides is the issue.
Not the people who hate the 47%

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

carol wrote:
If those poor sweet innocent children had been aborted in the same vile and inhuman way, no tears would have been shed by this president.
We all know it. But apparently, I'm the only one who will say it. And I will not back down from saying it.
Legalized abortion is a moral blight on a civilized society and we can never expect anything good to come of it.
In fact, we lost our way precisely in the late 1970s - when abortion became the law of the land.
We are, in fact, reaping what we have sown.
So all the mass killings, terror attacks, economic problems, can be linked to abortion??

Ya used to have Retard Fred here to agree with your anti abortion stupidity, but he left after the election.

Fred knew he'd lost and left the field quietly.

Too bad you didn't get the message. You've left for a few days, or threatened to leave, several times over the years.

Yet, in the biggest loss ever, something you swore would never happen, OBama was reelected. That was a sure sign for you to leave.

Take the hint. Leave.

You've been proven wrong about every issue. Yet you're too blind to take the hint and leave the thread.

Now you've reached the point where even the wingnuts are calling you a fool for you focus on social issues, which have cost the Republiclowns dearly.

There are other threads on Topix where youd fit in better than here.

Go find them.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lanza's were Registered Republicans, both husband and wife.
They were wealthy, both had worked in finance, had mega-bucks. He's a VP at GE, I believe.
The mother made a tragic mistake, but then, she was a gun nut, survivalist, and NRA fan.
Only the wingnuts are survivalists. We have some of them here.
I read that the father was paying $250,000 a year to her so she'd never have to work again in her life. They seem like nice people
who happened to have a son with mental issues;do you think she would have kept guns around if she thought he was violent?
Despite everything it seems hard to believe. I hope that some answers can be uncovered for the closure of the families as to what made him go to that school. There were some reports that he had been the day or so before the incident, not sure if it's true.
Also read that she had at least 12 guns.
I hope they ban assault weapons, the fact is that if there were no guns in the house, he may have stabbed her to death and killed himself and those innocent kids wouldn't have been massacred.
ole_47

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

I'm back!

DEMOCRATS pass legislation NOW!

"In 2000, there were 1,580 suffocations"

Ban REFRIGERATORS!

they suffocate children...

http://www.childdeathreview.org/causessuf.htm

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>#1, Applause at a funeral memorial is bad etiquette.
Its supposed to be a somber occasion.
#2, And it shouldn't be about Obama trying to pretend he gives a damn about those victims. Anybody with half a mind knows this is his way of trying to make people believe that his plans for gun control are all about the "public's" safety, when it is not.
More talking thru your azz, eh??

And you know what Obama is thinking based on your racism, your stupidity, or both??

Thank God there are true Americans, like those in Newtown, who appreciate the President of their NAtion taking the time to grieve with them.

May God bless them.

May God Damn the likes of you and Lorac, true haters that you are..
ole_47

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Nancy Pelosi and Harry reid...

Save us from the shower...

110,000 accidents caused by angry shower stalls...

http://www.cpsc.gov/library/foia/foia97/os/os...
ole_47

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Democrats....Oh Democrats! The poor man/woman/childs PROTECTOR...

Vote now and ofter to...

Save us from...

hot water...

70 people a year die from hot water burns in a bathtub...

dem

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, with your hate speech.
Typical of a coward.
Sic im, secret agent man .....

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

carol wrote:
If those poor sweet innocent children had been aborted in the same vile and inhuman way, no tears would have been shed by this president.
We all know it. But apparently, I'm the only one who will say it. And I will not back down from saying it.
Legalized abortion is a moral blight on a civilized society and we can never expect anything good to come of it.
In fact, we lost our way precisely in the late 1970s - when abortion became the law of the land.
We are, in fact, reaping what we have sown.
Enough already, if one person hadn't had an abortion there might have been 21 victims. That's how stupid you're getting.

Anyway, you must have missed all the violent upheaval of the 60's huh? Just too inconvenient for your agenda?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I read that the father was paying $250,000 a year to her so she'd never have to work again in her life. They seem like nice people
who happened to have a son with mental issues;do you think she would have kept guns around if she thought he was violent?
Despite everything it seems hard to believe. I hope that some answers can be uncovered for the closure of the families as to what made him go to that school. There were some reports that he had been the day or so before the incident, not sure if it's true.
Also read that she had at least 12 guns.
I hope they ban assault weapons, the fact is that if there were no guns in the house, he may have stabbed her to death and killed himself and those innocent kids wouldn't have been massacred.
She was a gun nut and survivalist. That's why they divorced.

I'm sure she never thought her son was capable of such violence.

But she had guns all over the house, and a troubled son with no social contacts outside the home.

All the signe were there, but a mother often doesn't believe them.

Would have been ok if he killed Mom and himself, but the school makes no sense, even now.

Nancy never worked at the school, in spite of earlier reports. I don't see the connection.

It's not just the assault rifles. There are just too many illegal guns in circulation. Don't know how to end it, but we have to try.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I was disappointed by the inappropriate applause. I'm sure I was not the only one.
His speech was warmly accepted and appreciated, I'm sure, by the families and the nation.
However, past presidents have simply taken to the microphone and comforted the families and the nation. Guess that's what I expected this time too without the fanfare.
What, do you think there was an "applause" sign you friggin' idiot? I already told you, the first responders got the same reception, you think they demanded the fanfare too?
dem

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
Gonna drive a car through the school and kill 27 people you sperm swallower .
I believe in love not hate. I will suck every last drop of sperm out of all the males, leaving them powerless to pull the trigger is on their guns....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

ole_47 wrote:
Democrats....Oh Democrats! The poor man/woman/childs PROTECTOR...
Vote now and ofter to...
Save us from...
hot water...
70 people a year die from hot water burns in a bathtub...
You can change your names, Killtaker, but you can't hide your ignorance and stupidity.

All the things you mention so stupidly are not designed to harm life.

Only a gun is.

So stop the stupidity. Even if it is all you're capable of.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder how many members of the Supreme Court witnessed an abortion before their ruling?
The initial law surrounding Roe v Wade was quite restrictive.
Not anymore. It's what happens when you open the door just a crack. Once it's open, there's no closing it again.
What changed? Cite it or STFU.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
But she had guns all over the house, and a troubled son with no social contacts outside the home.
Would have been ok if he killed Mom and himself, but the school makes no sense, even now.
Nancy never worked at the school, in spite of earlier reports. I don't see the connection.
It's not just the assault rifles. There are just too many illegal guns in circulation. Don't know how to end it, but we have to try.
I agree, and now the time is ripe, young children massacred brings it home to every parent. Everyone should write his/her congress person.
There's got to be a reason he went to that school, yet to be uncovered. Makes no sense.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
What, do you think there was an "applause" sign you friggin' idiot? I already told you, the first responders got the same reception, you think they demanded the fanfare too?
She's just mad cuz if Bush arrived there, somebody would probably throw a shoe.
She's so consumed with jealousy that the President is loved.
I really think she should write letters to those families and tell them she disapproved of their applause. Sicko.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That IS an interesting link, and absolutely refutes the leftist claim that the problem in our society is gun ownership (since EVERYONE carried guns on their hip back then).
Of course, that fact will be glossed over by the leftist nuts.:-)
Actually, on a town by town basis gun control could be pretty strict. You can't trust Hollywood for your history.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I will actually agree with you for once; retards (and I DONT mean mentally-handicapped people) with guns are a huge menace. Problem is, you cant punish responsible, non-retards by banning an inanimate object. That energy would be much better spent thinning the herd of such undesireables. We could do this via legal sterilization of repeat violent offenders. That is a GREAT starting point; no need to have those creatures reproducing...
So you're saying you were born this hateful, bigoted, and "undersireably" wrong? The right is so sure that nature rules nurture that you insist every fertilized egg be carried full term so you can use them for target practice later.(I bet you're also one who needs an assault rifle, Kevlar, and a 100 round clip to feel safe, but in your state--of mind--there might actually be zombies.)
dem

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
why don't you try the method I outlined above first? You have a gun, so try sucking all the sperm out of your own ck first.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto.
Oh hey, and I found this for you regarding our exchange yesterday (the "Wild West" is often cited by libertarians in examples):
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/view ...

Hi Tenzing,
I dont' think you can compare the Wild West of the 1800's to modern society. The only country you could attribute the success of an armed citizenry is probably Switzerland, but it's certainly not foolproof. In Finland most people have guns too.

I liked this article and found it informative and worth contemplating:

The Stone December 16, 2012, 1:00 pm588 Comments

The Freedom of an Armed Society

By FIRMIN DEBRABANDER

As Michel Foucault pointed out in his detailed study of the mechanisms of power, nothing suits power so well as extreme individualism. In fact, he explains, political and corporate interests aim at nothing less than “individualization,” since it is far easier to manipulate a collection of discrete and increasingly independent individuals than a community. Guns undermine just that — community. Their pervasive, open presence would sow apprehension, suspicion, mistrust and fear, all emotions that are corrosive of community and civic cooperation. To that extent, then, guns give license to autocratic government.

Our gun culture promotes a fatal slide into extreme individualism. It fosters a society of atomistic individuals, isolated before power — and one another — and in the aftermath of shootings such as at Newtown, paralyzed with fear. That is not freedom, but quite its opposite. And as the Occupy movement makes clear, also the demonstrators that precipitated regime change in Egypt and Myanmar last year, assembled masses don’t require guns to exercise and secure their freedom, and wield world-changing political force. Arendt and Foucault reveal that power does not lie in armed individuals, but in assembly — and everything conducive to that.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 761,081 - 761,100 of1,078,610
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

97 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Something Serious at Oak Forest Hospital. Illeg... 6 min AnnUBAButtinskyHo 6
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min voice of peace 67,878
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 42 min 75 Scorpio 456
Emanuel's Mayoral Fortunes Rapidly Declining in... 42 min bensleys thoughts 1
Victim in Tuesday's Skokie Shooting is Identified 48 min bensleys thoughts 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515
Abby 7-23 1 hr RACE 10
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 10:02AM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters