Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497487 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#824727 Dec 18, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Image of the Republican Party is:
Running two Pro Rape Candidates for the Senate.
Romney on tape with the 47% gafffe
Republicans protecting the very rich and not caring about the rest of us.
An You Lost the 2012 Election
based on this Image !
Rape is rape. I dont' recall hearing about any pro-rape candidate. Can you elaborate and provide some proof someone seeking elected office (this time) promoted the rape of anyone. Of course, we are talking about the most recent election, so a serial rapist like Bill Clinton would not be within the scope of the question.

47 percent of the population are not going to vote to stop being bums and moochers and be thrown off the government gravy train. That was no gaffe. It was an accurate statement. 47 percent of the population are going to vote to stay on the government gravy train, and the only thing they have to look forward to with Mitt Romney is being forced to become self-reliant and generate their own living standard, as opposed to having the other half of the country subsidize their relative lack of productivity.
Without christi sabotaging the election, that's the only vote Obama was going to get. Look at the polls the day before Christi sabotaged the election, and watch the 5-point swing through the week after Christi sabotaged the election, after which Obama got barely half the vote... and that's with the obvious voter fraud where tens of thousands of voters chose Obama without a single one of them pushing the wrong button by mistake. That is an impossibility. The skin of the teeth...(That also tells us just how much you respect the institution of democracy. We may just have to fight another war about that, you know.)

How about this reality: All these welfare social programs are going to come to an end. Government action won't be required. They will all end because... you may need to take notes here... MONEY DOESN'T GROW ON TREES.
The Democrats plan to increase taxes on the so-called "rich" is ludicrous. Why? Because the group of people the Democrats call "rich" don't even have that much money to be taxed if you taxed them at 100% and made them destitute. If you remember your previous lesson, MONEY DOESN'T GROW ON TREES.
It is nothing short of insane what is happening in our government.
... or, maybe it isn't insane. Perhaps the intent of the Democrats isn't to maintain a solvent government, but to create a catastrophe when they can shitcan the Constitution and use the government to take control of everything.
I do believe the latter explanation. That's the same thing the Democrats did when they sabotaged the economy purely for political purposes.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#824729 Dec 18, 2012
flack wrote:
In the year since Australia's gun ban went into effect: Homicides up 3.2%, assaults up 8.6%, and armed robberies are up 44%. In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300%.
You see the law abiding citizens turned in their guns. The criminals did not.
I'll file that with $5/gallon ($2.99/gallon this morning)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Fenris the Big Asslicker

Latvia

#824730 Dec 18, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So much anger towards women. Relax. Here, have a nice cold glass of lemonade.
You're such a peace maker. I'm in awe.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
chicago

Chicago, IL

#824731 Dec 18, 2012
relax all, happy holidays

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#824732 Dec 18, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>That's why someone in every school should be trained and armed. If the Principal, and every Pricipal were armed, nobody even the mentally deranged would have tried what this clown did.
It doesn't even need to be the principle. In every school there will be someone who is comfortable with guns and doesn't mind going to the firing range several hours each month.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#824733 Dec 18, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Who's paying for that?
Big bird. He can afford it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Fenris the Big Asslicker

Latvia

#824734 Dec 18, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape is rape. I dont' recall hnd generate their own living standard, as opposed to having the other half of the country subsidize their relative lack of productivity.
Without christi sabotaging the election,n, That is an impossibility. The skin of the teeth...(That also tells us just how much you respect the won't be required. They will all end because... you may need to take notes here... MONEY DOESN'T GROW ON TREES.
The Democrats plan to increase taxes on the so-called "rich" is ludicrous. Why? Because the gr you taxed them at 100% and made them destitute. If you remember your previous lesson, MONEY DOESN'T GROW ON TREES.
It is nothing short of insane what is happening in our government.
... or, maybe it isn't insanation. That's the same thing the Democrats did when they sabotaged the economy purely for political purposes.
Omigawd! You people are such incredible spammers! Haven't you ever had an original thought?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Mcallen, TX

#824735 Dec 18, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I am grateful that he killed himself, wish the police had killed the Batman killer and Loughner as well. What's the point? At least the families in CT can move one knowing the killer is dead and not sitting alive in prison.
Have you heard about this story? It's so absolutely incredible to me:
Montreal, Canada (CNN)-- Canadians expressed outrage Thursday after the release of Guy Turcotte, a cardiologist who in 2009 confessed to killing his children as they slept in their beds.
What many wanted to know was how a father who stabbed his children dozens of times could be free after 46 months of confinement. Those voices echo the grief of Turcotte's ex-wife, Dr. Isabelle Gaston, the mother of 5-year-old Olivier and 3-year-old Anne-Sophie.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/13/world/americas/...
4 years in a mental hospital for murdering his two children. Wants to get his medical license back, get married and have more children.
I hadn't heard of this but looked it up on line. They claim he was "depressed" when he stabbed his kids 46 times but now has his depression under control with medication and is no longer a threat to anyone.
I don't believe that forgiveness is always possible or necessary, e.g. this Turcotte guy, Lanza, Hitler, et.al. It seems to me that there should be some super court that takes jurisdiction in massacres where children are involved and capital punishment should be one of the options available to them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#824736 Dec 18, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll file that with $5/gallon ($2.99/gallon this morning)
Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Fenris the Big Asslicker

Latvia

#824737 Dec 18, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your wife gunner been btw?
Out with your mom, hookin'? Just a guess.. KEEP UP!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#824738 Dec 18, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Although cutting the penis off would end the debate rather quickly.
Not for people like sister akin who uses sperm banks.

Location hidden

#824739 Dec 18, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
She seems a bit angry. Women who make poor choices in the guys that impregnated them use words like "sperm donor".
That was your dad's name wasn't it?
dem

Chicago, IL

#824740 Dec 18, 2012
this thread sure is goin downhill with all the sore losing right wing morons here now.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#824741 Dec 18, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Except Liberals. They do everything to get screwed.
Problem is, now we're ALL screwed.
Hey! That's my line!:P
dem

Chicago, IL

#824742 Dec 18, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
When did dem become a right winger?
obsess much, Borat.
everytime i log on i catch you sniffing my jock.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

New York, NY

#824743 Dec 18, 2012
In view of the notoriety and controversy surrounding the subject of mind control, it is appropriate to begin with a review of the evidence for the historical existence of techniques of gaining external and systematic control of the mind and actions of another. This is the underlying rationale that can explain the subjection of even very young children to unbelievable terror. In addition to the information shared in this article, an extensive resource listing is included that will begin to authenticate this subject matter, which for years now has often been publicly discredited and clinically misunderstood. Despite years of carefully guarding the secret of its existence by those both centrally and peripherally involved, the evidence of this attempt to gain control of the human mind is becoming more available, and methods of helping the victims of mind control are emerging. This article is an attempt to provide the information professionals will need to recognize the signs and symptoms of this abuse.
Fenris the Big Asslicker

Latvia

#824744 Dec 18, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't even need to be the principle. In every school there will be someone who is comfortable with guns and doesn't mind going to the firing range several hours each month.
IT'S "PRINCIPAL" you dumb shit! Why do you persist in demonstrating how stoopid you are? Rhetorical question: what else are you going to do?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#824745 Dec 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Two weekends. Ex-f*cking-cuse me.
40 hour course in PA to be certified.
Now I feel soooooooooo much better about passing out handguns to teachers.
No stupid fck.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Chicago, IL

#824746 Dec 18, 2012
Homer wrote:
I say arm the janitor, nobody fks with the janitor. Do they still call them janitors?
I call them father.

Location hidden

#824747 Dec 18, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess Huckabee's son hanging that poor dog is much worse in Lily's eyes than hanging black people by Senator Byrd when he was a member of the KKK.
It's all about perspective - zooming out to see the bigger picture.
... or just makin' sh it up, whatever works for ya I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min Dr Guru 237,349
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 46 min Susanm 10,341
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr USA-1 63,272
The Mexicans stay home 3 hr blue devil 25
News Sleep In to Benefit 13 Youth Homeless Agencies ... 3 hr Trump is the man 1
Study Aides 3 hr Chicago815 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Go Blue Forever 104,990

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages