Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
760,961 - 760,980 of 1,082,263 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
ole_47

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

DEMOCRATS help us!

evil bar B q grills...

send 20,000 to the ER....

WE NEED legislation NOW!!!!!!!

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, the president talked of children as being a vital part of ourselves with their very first cry. In actuality, every parent knows they become a vital part of ourselves when hearing the heartbeat for the very first time and seeing them moving around in the womb on a sonogram. He spoke of children being "suddenly exposed to the world, to possible mishap or malice, and every parent knows there’s nothing we will not do to shield our children from harm"...except suction them out with a vacuum or pierce the back of their neck with a sharp object upon delivery if they are an inconvenience.
A beating heart and moving limbs doesn't constitute a living human being apparently. Millions of these unborn lives will never even have a first cry because they aren't shielded from malice or harm.
That bothered me too.
I knew it was coming. Shamelessly using this tragedy to push your pseudo-religious agenda.

Sheesh!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
They've been emailing patriotic Americans since the Newtown incident.
I've gotten several. And I contributed.
You're not on that list, fool.
Go ahead. Ask some more stupid questions.
Good. We'll take losers like you down with the NRA.

Joe Manchin has already turned on them.

Joe Scarborough has turned on them.

Rupert Murdoch has turned on them.

There WILL be better gun laws in Amreica - coming soon!!

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Raped at gun point? Regular people who need an assault rifle and a 100 round clip to feel safe should be banned...
Tell that to the parents who have lost children in shooting sprees.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell them what? Do you ever see the family members of DUI car crash campaigning for the banning of automobiles? Get hold of yourself...
No, but they have dumbed down the law so that you can no longer have wine with your dinner at a nice restaurant without fear of being stopped at a highway checkpoint.

Surrendering your rights for "safety" is dangerous.
ole_47

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

SAVE US DEMOCRATS with legislation...

Food is a killer!

IT NEEDS TO BE STOPPED...

"...Of the 141 choking deaths in kids in 2006, 61 were food-related.”

From GMU...
http://stats.org/stories/2010/choking_hot_dog...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Any "assault weapon" ban should also apply to all law enforcement agencies. There is no reason for the police to have weapons not available to the general public.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

RealDave wrote:
My home was hit by a 9 mm bullet 4 weeks ago. It hit the bedroom wall, my wife was in that room. The shooter was target shooting pumpkins about half a mile away. His excuse was he didn't think the bullets would go that far.
A few years back, another target shooter shot out my patio door with my son standing at that door. Ricochet? Really? They do that?
My pick up has a bullet hole in it.
My old pick up had one.
Yep, guns are safe.
Well, Dave, somebody must be pissed off at you (easy to understand given your attitude) because all that is just too much to be a coincidence.

What did the police say when you reported all these crimes, because they are crimes?

"Fairy tales will come true...."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people. America needs to get rid of all these guns. It's time to repeal the deadly 2nd amendment.
No, it isn't.

This incident was caused by a stupid woman who kept guns in her house, knowing she had a troubled son. A very troubled son.

Gun safety is the issue. All gun owners should practice EXTREME GUN SAFETY if they have children in the home.

The 2nd Amendment is law. But firearms in the days of the founders were single fire muskets without rifling or any accuracy.

I believe anyone should be able to own any gun that was available in 1776.

As for either pistols or rifles with large magazines, there is absolutely no reason these should be availabvle to the genera public.

A crazy with a musket would not be a mass murderer, period.

Time for America to stand up and decide if our safety is more important than NRA and this false belief that eveyone carrying a gun makes us all safer.

As we've seen, even police often kill or wound bystanders in a shootout.

Imagine the death count if we arm people in schools.

Do we really want our children to grow up in a nation where there are armed guards in their schools??

What message does that send??

All so a few right wing pissant cowards can feel like real men??
ole_47

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

LAWMAKERS help us!

from...

OUR RENEGADE TOILETS...

"...Every year, there are more than 40,000 toilet-related injuries in the US..."

Find Thomas Crapper and arrest him!

"...Most toilets will flush in the key of E flat..."

http://www.2020site.org/fun-facts/Fun-Toilet-...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish the Norquist pledge was a red herring. Conservatives hold that about their pledge to thus country.
Don't you find the conservstives approach to this as rather telling?
The Democrats want those who are doing well in the economy to give up their Bush tax cut, to help raise revenues.
The Conservatives want to protect the wealthy while demanding old people get less from Medicare to save money.
Raising taxes on a few people, without spending control, will do nothing to reduce the deficit.

Obama refuses to discuss real spending cuts.

So over the cliff we go.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good analogy. Pro-choice people love abortion every bit as much as pro-gun people love mass murders with legal weapons. Its really the same argument for both sides.
Yes, but there are three positions in the abortion debate, not two.

There are those who are pro-abortion, not just pro-choice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's right and good that a president speak on behalf of a grieving nation at a time like this.
What was disconcerting to me was the campaign-like applause by those in attendance when the president was introduced to address the families and the nation.
It was not a time to be introduced as if at a political rally or the audience to clap like performing seals this time.
It was a somber time that needed no introductions and for the audience to respectfully remain silent.
That really bothered me.
Well Carol, I'm happy it bothered you.

I was there last evening. The President hit all the right notes, and the people applauded the idea that the POTUS cared enough to attend a memorial and pray and cry with them for their losses.

And you're bothered?? You really are a sick, warped woman. You should be cheering for Obama!! But you're a crude racist, so I expect nothing more from a sick witch like you.

Campaign like applause?? You havbe definitions for applauses?? How is a campaign applause different from a welcoming applause for the leader of our nation??

Your hatred for your own nation is on full display this morning, you unAmerican POS.

BTW, every person who spoke from the podium was introduced and applauded. The clergy, the Governor, and the President.

Take your right wing hatred and anti-American thinking and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno, interviews I heard this morning indicated that cover in place worked to some extent.
Perhaps, but the teacher and few children killed in the second classroom could have escaped while the shooter was busy in the first.

Second, the shooter did not run out of ammo and only killed himself when confronted by police.

So cover in place would not have saved anybody if the police response had been slower.

As I said, the correct approach is not clear.

Remember that at Columbine, the police did not enter the building for hours, preferring containment. The lesson learned was that this approach was wrong.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Raising taxes on a few people, without spending control, will do nothing to reduce the deficit.
Obama refuses to discuss real spending cuts.
So over the cliff we go.
The republicans will cave.

Take it to the bank.

Just as you thought Obama couldn't be reelected, he will show you how he will whip the Republliclown's asses again!!

Boehner is in the process of caving right now.

Of course, you wouldn't know anything about that.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Raped at gun point? Regular people who need an assault rifle and a 100 round clip to feel safe should be banned...
If I caught someone raping my daughter, 100 rounds would not be enough.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Repeal the 2nd Amendment wrote:
<quoted text>All children and adults who are members of the NRA should be classified as potential killers. The NRA is nothing more than a domestic terrorist organization.
Hey!! I'm a NRA member!!

(but I got the membership free by buying a handgun at Cabela's!!)

Never would give the NRA a dime of my money.

NRA is a UnAmerican organization.

The time to tear it down is now!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't, want to affect a change? Start petitions for religious organizations to put pressure on Westboro. Protest their gatherings like many organizations already do. Organize boycotts of the sponsors of idiots like Rush, that's what'll get it done.
Groups like Westboro eventually disappear if ignored. Reacting to them just feeds their enthusiasm.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew it was coming. Shamelessly using this tragedy to push your pseudo-religious agenda.
Sheesh!
She's totally nuts and obsessed about that nonsense. It must be personal, just sayin...
Carol, forgive yourself and set yourself free.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You dismissively accept the premise of crooks and how they steal guns or even sell guns (hello!) so your solution is to remove guns from the equation. Simplistic and ridiculous. How would you address drunk drivers who account for thousands of deaths every year,(11,000 in 2011) young and old alike, ban alcohol or vehicles? EVERYONE is glossing over the problem, we need to eliminate the a**holes before they eliminate us but removing the tools of their destruction isn't the answer.
That was an example of the worst sort of logic possible.

Nations with strict gun laws have death rates by gun violence of aalmost zero.

See JApan, England, and Australia for proof.

The reality is, we have to get guns out of our society.

Period.

the 'right to bear arms' has made this country a killing field, with death rates similar to nations at war.

Read the headlines today.

2 Policemen shot in Kansas.

1 person shot in Texas parking lot.

We're an angry society. Having guns everywhere takes anger and turns it to murder.

My position is that most Americans should not have guns.

There must be backround and mental tests before people can buy weapons.

That will eliminate most right wingers right off the bat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

82 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min LRS 174,934
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 21 min OnlyPatchWork 68,049
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min ritedownthemiddle 45,836
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 473
Amy 7-28 2 hr Sublime1 16
get your prescribed drugs here from our Dr 2 hr Dr beckyhills 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Eric 68,396
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Mister Tonka 97,562
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 2:52PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••