Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,049)

Showing posts 760,961 - 760,980 of1,073,028
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I will read and post whatever I choose. townhall.com is as valid as your left-wing news which is EVERYWHERE!!!! Just turn on your tv!!!!
The right invented the "liberal conspiracy" and its true that the louder the right got the left did respond in kind but in the end, y'all invented left-wing media. The emergence of right-wing "news" and the left's response has destroyed news in this country.

You don't know what I read and your assumption is retarded. I get headlines on the commute from NPR, then I peruse Cato, Reason, the Economist, Mises, etc. I even read al Jazeera on occasion (this will elicit yet another retarded response because you don't know what al Jazeera really is). Have fun!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

proud2bwhite wrote:
Its a sad and sick thing to use the death of these children as a tool for a liberal agenda , but as it is ,the sick sad minds of liberals will not let a good tragedy go to waste.
not to worry. this usually happens....

NRA Sought Donations in Days After Colorado Shootings

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-07/nra-...
ole_47

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

DEMOCTATS to the rescue...

Save Americans from choking...

BAN HOT DOGS and PEANUT BUTTER!

"The National Safety Council reports that annually nearly 3,000 people in the United
States die from choking."

http://www.equipforequality.org/programs/abus...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Raped at gun point? Regular people who need an assault rifle and a 100 round clip to feel safe should be banned...
Very revealing..... not a word about the rapist, just 'banning' people who choose to defend themselves. You're pathetic.

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

ole_47 wrote:
DEMOCRATS to the rescue...
SAVE US...
from
Clothers Dryers!
BAN THEM NOW!
"...1998, the most recent statistics available, the Consumer Product Safety Commission reports that over 15,600 dryer fires occurred killing 20 people, injuring 370 more and causing over $75.4 million in property damage."
http://www.provac-chimney-sweeps.com/home-saf...
The problem with your logic, or lack of it, is that you won't recognize a limit regarding what weapon is reasonable for a citizen to possess. Should we all be able to own rocket launchers, tanks, hand grenades, atomic bombs???
A line has to be drawn somewhere, assault weapons cross the line.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Murdoch Calls For Gun Reform While Fox News Demonizes Gun Reform

On Saturday, Murdoch took a swipe at the president: "Nice words from POTUS on shooting tragedy, but how about some bold leadership action?"

The irony here is that if Murdoch didn't own Fox News, Fox News hosts would denounce him for trying to "politicize" the Newtown shooting. That's what Murdoch's team did two weeks ago after NBC sportscaster Bob Costas spoke for 60 seconds during the halftime of an NFL game and addressed America's "gun culture" in the wake of Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher killing his girlfriend and then driving to the local football stadium and shooting himself in front of his coach.

The morning after his comments, Fox targeted Costas for a full-on barrage of criticism, denouncing him for having the audacity to broach the topic of gun violence. Costas was "kind of a coward" in the way he made his comments, which were possibly fueled by his own "political ambitions," according to Fox.

The message from Fox to Costas was unmistakable: Sit down and shut up about guns. But now, as Newtown prepares to bury 26 victims, Murdoch's lashing out at "politicians" and the "POTUS" for failing to lead on gun reform?

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/12/17/murdo...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

For Fox News, It's Never The Right Time To Discuss Gun Violence

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/12/03/for-f...
ole_47

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
not to worry. this usually happens....
NRA Sought Donations in Days After Colorado Shootings
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-07/nra-...
YOU....YOU are responsible!

Fatalities...from TVs or furniture falling on people...

CLEAN UP your ACT mister!

http://www.cpsc.gov/library/foia/foia11/os/ti...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

though maybe this time it'll be different....

NRA's Facebook page disappears after Connecticut school shooting raises anger

The National Rifle Association touted having 1.7 million 'likes' on the social media site the day before Friday's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Since then, the pro-gun group apparently deactivated its page and stopped tweeting.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/nra-...

no fundraising? run and hide. even more telling.
ole_47

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Evil....Evil...television...

don't watch it...

secure it!

13,700 ER visits because of falling televisions (product instability) between 2008 and 2010

ole_47

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with your logic, or lack of it, is that you won't recognize a limit regarding what weapon is reasonable for a citizen to possess. Should we all be able to own rocket launchers, tanks, hand grenades, atomic bombs???
A line has to be drawn somewhere, assault weapons cross the line.
I'm on a roll...

Dryers kill!

PROTECT the feeble from being killed=BAN clothers dryers!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The right invented the "liberal conspiracy" and its true that the louder the right got the left did respond in kind but in the end, y'all invented left-wing media. The emergence of right-wing "news" and the left's response has destroyed news in this country.
You don't know what I read and your assumption is retarded. I get headlines on the commute from NPR, then I peruse Cato, Reason, the Economist, Mises, etc. I even read al Jazeera on occasion (this will elicit yet another retarded response because you don't know what al Jazeera really is). Have fun!
www.dailystar.com.lb/

al Jazeera light.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
On April 28, 1996, a gunman opened fire on tourists in a seaside resort in Port Arthur, Tasmania. By the time he was finished, he had killed 35 people and wounded 23 more. It was the worst mass murder in Australia’s history.
Twelve days later, Australia’s government did something remarkable. Led by newly elected conservative Prime Minister John Howard, it announced a bipartisan deal with state and local governments to enact sweeping gun-control measures. A decade and a half hence, the results of these policy changes are clear: They worked really, really well.
At the heart of the push was a massive buyback of more than 600,000 semi-automatic shotguns and rifles, or about one-fifth of all firearms in circulation in Australia. The country’s new gun laws prohibited private sales, required that all weapons be individually registered to their owners, and required that gun buyers present a “genuine reason” for needing each weapon at the time of the purchase.(Self-defense did not count.) In the wake of the tragedy, polls showed public support for these measures at upwards of 90 percent.
What happened next has been the subject of several academic studies. Violent crime and gun-related deaths did not come to an end in Australia, of course. But as the Washington Post’s Wonkblog pointed out in August, homicides by firearm plunged 59 percent between 1995 and 2006, with no corresponding increase in non-firearm-related homicides. The drop in suicides by gun was even steeper: 65 percent. Studies found a close correlation between the sharp declines and the gun buybacks. Robberies involving a firearm also dropped significantly. Meanwhile, home invasions did not increase, contrary to fears that firearm ownership is needed to deter such crimes. But here’s the most stunning statistic. In the decade before the Port Arthur massacre, there had been 11 mass shootings in the country. There hasn’t been a single one in Australia since.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2012/12/16/g...
Hmmmm ...

What the article fails to mention is that now Australia is an authoritarian police state similar to Stalin's USSR ... Oh wait, that was in The Onion.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Save a child… Ban Hollywood!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU....YOU are responsible!
Fatalities...from TVs or furniture falling on people...
CLEAN UP your ACT mister!
i don't install TVs.

anything there on projector screens?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>These idiots and the idiots on right-wing hate radio are perfect examples of why the 1st amendment need to be looked at more closely and perhaps revised.
No it doesn't, want to affect a change? Start petitions for religious organizations to put pressure on Westboro. Protest their gatherings like many organizations already do. Organize boycotts of the sponsors of idiots like Rush, that's what'll get it done.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm ...
What the article fails to mention is that now Australia is an authoritarian police state similar to Stalin's USSR ... Oh wait, that was in The Onion.
so Murdoch really has sunk his claws into Australia?

oh wait, that was story on KOS.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's right and good that a president speak on behalf of a grieving nation at a time like this.
What was disconcerting to me was the campaign-like applause by those in attendance when the president was introduced to address the families and the nation.
It was not a time to be introduced as if at a political rally or the audience to clap like performing seals this time.
It was a somber time that needed no introductions and for the audience to respectfully remain silent.
That really bothered me.
The first responders received the same level of applause. Didn't they show that part on Fox?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text>he did not have an asault rifle.
Are you equally proud to be a retard??

"As new details emerge, the scope of the horror expands. Lanza apparently sprayed two classrooms at the school with relentless fire from a semi-automatic assault rifle.

It was a massacre, and most of the victims were first-graders. Autopsies on the bodies of the children reveal that many, if not all, had been shot multiple times.

"I only did seven of the autopsies," medical examiner Wayne Carver said. "The victims I had ranged from three to 11 wounds a piece, and I only saw two of them with close-range shooting."
ole_47

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

DEMOCRATS help us!

evil bar B q grills...

send 20,000 to the ER....

WE NEED legislation NOW!!!!!!!

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 760,961 - 760,980 of1,073,028
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,173
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 min TRD 67,549
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Frank 173,760
“If America Doesn’t Abolish the FED, the FED wi... 21 min hands on AR 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 45,578
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 1 hr HUmy 7,563
Obama turns his back on black Americans 1 hr BarrysBleachingSkinWants2 3
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE