Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#823880 Dec 17, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Oh! I see! YOU'RE politicizing the event!
Now it makes more sense!
I was disappointed by the inappropriate applause. I'm sure I was not the only one.

His speech was warmly accepted and appreciated, I'm sure, by the families and the nation.

However, past presidents have simply taken to the microphone and comforted the families and the nation. Guess that's what I expected this time too without the fanfare.
carol

Orlando, FL

#823881 Dec 17, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell it to the Supreme Court.
If they declared abortion legal, they said by inference that human life begins at birth, period.
In all the years the Republiclowns have milked you abortion nitwits, they have done nothing to actually change the law.
It's just red meat they throw to the idiots like you to keep the votes coming.
And they laugh at the evangelicals, as Bush did.
And stop with the lies about having been a teacher and nurse. You were busted on both long ago,but occasionally bring up the same old lies.
You really are a sick little shut-in, Carol.
Can't wait until your daughter has her first abortion, or has she already??
Wonder how many members of the Supreme Court witnessed an abortion before their ruling?

The initial law surrounding Roe v Wade was quite restrictive.

Not anymore. It's what happens when you open the door just a crack. Once it's open, there's no closing it again.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#823882 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
Disclaimer: If you don't have the stomach for this, don't watch it. This is the growing "fetus" so easily discarded by some early on in pregnancy.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
Remember you used the term "fetus" which is not a baby, a human being, or any other false label you want to apply to it. Your bible doesn't even consider it to be a person yet.

Location hidden

#823883 Dec 17, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. BTW John, you're making a whole lot of sense lately. I'm impressed.
Must be back on his meds.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#823884 Dec 17, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>#1, Applause at a funeral memorial is bad etiquette.
Its supposed to be a somber occasion.
#2, And it shouldn't be about Obama trying to pretend he gives a damn about those victims. Anybody with half a mind knows this is his way of trying to make people believe that his plans for gun control are all about the "public's" safety, when it is not.
So applause at say, a national cemetary or monument is in appropriate?

Or are you claiming Obama elicited the applause by demanding it from the audience?

As for your point 2 son, clearly no one else in government gave a crap other than the governor.

Cons got mad when Christie "pal'd around" with Obama to get money for his state after Sandy. Then complained about NY. NY! A democratic stronghold!

You people are just too political to figure anything out with reason.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#823885 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
If those poor sweet innocent children had been aborted in the same vile and inhuman way, no tears would have been shed by this president.
We all know it. But apparently, I'm the only one who will say it. And I will not back down from saying it.
Legalized abortion is a moral blight on a civilized society and we can never expect anything good to come of it.
In fact, we lost our way precisely in the late 1970s - when abortion became the law of the land.
We are, in fact, reaping what we have sown.
"no tears would have been shed by this president"
How do you know?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#823887 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I was disappointed by the inappropriate applause. I'm sure I was not the only one.
His speech was warmly accepted and appreciated, I'm sure, by the families and the nation.
However, past presidents have simply taken to the microphone and comforted the families and the nation. Guess that's what I expected this time too without the fanfare.
Part of the problem with you people is you can't change with the times.

That's why you made such a big deal about the teleprompter... because it was new technology you weren't prepared to use.

You people want to go backwards and stay there? Be my guest!

Just don't take the rest of us along for the ride.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#823888 Dec 17, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
That was an example of the worst sort of logic possible.
Nations with strict gun laws have death rates by gun violence of aalmost zero.
See JApan, England, and Australia for proof.
The reality is, we have to get guns out of our society.
Period.
the 'right to bear arms' has made this country a killing field, with death rates similar to nations at war.
Read the headlines today.
2 Policemen shot in Kansas.
1 person shot in Texas parking lot.
We're an angry society. Having guns everywhere takes anger and turns it to murder.
My position is that most Americans should not have guns.
There must be backround and mental tests before people can buy weapons.
That will eliminate most right wingers right off the bat.
Let's assume you could make all law abiding citizens turn in their guns, how would you do the same to the rest of society, you know, Obama voters? Could you guarantee that I would be safe from those gun wielding a*holes? No, you can't, and that buddyboy is a problem. Bad people do bad things, good people protect themselves from bad people; you know, Obama voters.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823889 Dec 17, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not confused, carol, I'm disgusted with your constant harping on an issue that's been settled for thirty-odd years. Abortion is a medical procedure. That's what it is, whether you care to admit it or not. If you disagree with abortion, you are perfectly and exquisitely free never to contemplate, seek, or obtain one. Otherwise, it's not your business, regardless of how many fetuses you sniff when you poke your long twitching proboscis up the vaginas and into the uteri of every pregnant woman on earth.
Thanks Sister, agree. Ok, here's some heartwarming stuff about wonderful dogs, for anyone who didn't see this on the news:

Comfort Dogs’ Come To Newtown

Comfort Dogs.

Brilliant.

I never even knew this was a thing. I, of course knew about police dogs, but this weekend a team of Golden Retriever ”Comfort Dogs” were brought into Newtown from Chicago for the sole purpose of comforting kids and people who need it after the tragedy in Newtown on Friday.

These are special, calm dogs who are there for anyone who wants to pet them, cuddle with them, or just get some unconditional love from them

(photos of the dogs with the families and children in CT) I just love this idea.

http://ctboom.com/comfort-dogs-come-to-newtow...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823890 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure "you are the only one"

Everyone else was in mourning and being comforted at this service. You are a sick woman, Get help.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#823892 Dec 17, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, an Ultra Pseudo Liberal Mother acting like conservative buying & allowing her mentally ill son have guns & besides show him how to use and knowing how the Ultra Pseudo Liberals mind thinks, the mother thought by giving her son guns it would help his mental illiness & make him better.
The Lanza's were Registered Republicans, both husband and wife.

They were wealthy, both had worked in finance, had mega-bucks. He's a VP at GE, I believe.

The mother made a tragic mistake, but then, she was a gun nut, survivalist, and NRA fan.

Only the wingnuts are survivalists. We have some of them here.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823893 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder how many members of the Supreme Court witnessed an abortion before their ruling?
The initial law surrounding Roe v Wade was quite restrictive.
Not anymore. It's what happens when you open the door just a crack. Once it's open, there's no closing it again.
Why don't you go join one of those anti abortion forums? We're not interested in this bullshyt.

Location hidden

#823894 Dec 17, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a shame YOU werent aborted, but you can do the right thing now by taking that Cabela's popgun, sticking it in your mouth, and pulling the trigger....:-)
There you go again, with your hate speech.

Typical of a coward.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#823895 Dec 17, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, Carol.
Your model is for the President to fly over the scens, ala Bush and New Orleans.
How'd that remote way of dealing with a tragedy work for him??
Obama showed compassion and caring. The people of Newtown got the message, even if it flew right over your drug addled head.
He handled it perfectly.
Your anger is proof of this.
Deal with it, you hateful loser!!
Carol is still here she did not run away.
fred, florida and the collection of racist a s s hats are gone.

No woman wants to have an abortion.
Who should decide is the issue?

Location hidden

#823896 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Never had an abortion. Witnessed a few in the late 1970s in the hospital where I worked. Many nurses who were once pro-choice became anti-abortion - including myself. It was quite traumatic for some.
But if you refuse to watch what you don't want to see, you are more in denial than I thought, Lily.
I thought you believed a fetus was just a glob of tissue or something.
You have an opportunity to learn that maybe you were wrong. But refuse to do so.
What are we to call people like you - who want to be right in the face of being proven wrong?
Do you really think anybody here has NOT seen footage of a fetus in the womb?

Since they haven't released any photos or videos of the elementary school victims as they lay dead how do you know it was a tragedy?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#823897 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
Disclaimer: If you don't have the stomach for this, don't watch it. This is the growing "fetus" so easily discarded by some early on in pregnancy.
Thanks for posting. Makes the pro-aborts chringe, but not from screaming about their 'right'. They come front and center, with what actual is..

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#823898 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
If those poor sweet innocent children had been aborted in the same vile and inhuman way, no tears would have been shed by this president.
We all know it. But apparently, I'm the only one who will say it. And I will not back down from saying it.
Legalized abortion is a moral blight on a civilized society and we can never expect anything good to come of it.
In fact, we lost our way precisely in the late 1970s - when abortion became the law of the land.
We are, in fact, reaping what we have sown.
Dr. Mengele was a fetus at one time too, carol. So were Pol Pot, Idi Amin, and Charles Manson, not to mention the 'angelic and highly sentimentalized' former fetus, lately responsible for the deaths of 28 people in Connecticut.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823899 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch any one of the three videos I posted. Either put up or shut up - as the saying goes.
You're a sick woman. Get help. And, btw, perhaps you can write letters to the victims families and tell them that you found their applause "inappropriate", I'd love to hear them tell you a collective "gfy" sicko.

Location hidden

#823900 Dec 17, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure "you are the only one"
Everyone else was in mourning and being comforted at this service. You are a sick woman, Get help.
Inn Carol's sick, warped world, she wins either way.

She criticizes Obama for gooing to Newtown.

She'd have criticized him if he hadn't.

That's the behavior of schizophrenics.

Bet she's smoking like a chimney today, rolling out her sick views on abortion and the Newtown shootings.

Haven't heard her wn=hining about the 'war on smokers' lately.

Guess she got beat up too badly on that one!!

She really is sick. I pity her husband. At least daughter has escaped her warped hatred.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#823901 Dec 17, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>My death from ectopic pregnancy would have been a bit inconvenient for my two subsequent children - I'll grant you that much.
I said "most", troll.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min Hole open wides 49,878
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 min Grau 68,513
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min loose cannon 178,089
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min Twisted Nixon 46,740
Amy 9-20 1 hr Kuuipo 6
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr texas pete 4,723
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 4 hr _Zoey_ 7,785
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••