Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#823860 Dec 17, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was, and so much for all your talk about becoming kinder and less mean. You are a sick in the head woman so consumed with hatred of the President that it permeates from every pore of your body. Get help.
You even turn a most touching memorial service that the President came to, and comforted the families of the victims, a healing event into something ugly, ugly like the hatred that consumes you, you're no different than the Westboro freaks.
I'm with you on this, Carol has gone completely off the deep end. All that hate is gonna burn her up inside.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#823861 Dec 17, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaker Boehner has offered a compromise.
Call it caving in if you choose, if winning is more important to you than addressing the problem.
The ball is now in Obama's court.
My guess is that he prefers the cliff to any compromise, like a spoiled child.
What says your sockpuppet, Demos/Tenzing?
I'll let the childish "sockpuppet" remark slide this time Nobamba.

They're gonna reach a deal. The GOP's gonna have to give on the top tax rates and Obama's gonna have to give on entitlements, probably raise the age for Medicare and/or SS eligibility. I doubt if means testing will come up what with the wealthy already being devastated by a 3% rate increase; the GOP would scream bloody murder.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#823862 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
You must have had quite a few abortions if you're that obsessed about it; forgive yourself.
BINGO!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!

I'm figuring she had at least one with hubby #1, who she never speaks of.

She must feel tremendous guilt over it, and is transferring that guilt onto others.

She really is sick.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#823863 Dec 17, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, banning slavery and extending the vote to women clearly "weakened" them.
Agreed. No wait, disagree. I meant disagree.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#823864 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Obama a first responder? Or was he about to deliver the most somber speech any president could deliver?
The applause wasn't simply polite and respectful. The applause sounded more like a political rally.
Extremely inappropriate.
Oh! I see! YOU'RE politicizing the event!

Now it makes more sense!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#823865 Dec 17, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are willing to jeopardize the public by failing to report criminal activity by your neighbors?
They won't learn a damn thing from you letting them off the hook.
If some neighbor shot into my house, I would turn them in without a second thought, no matter how well I knew them.
The kids (early 20's) were quite taken back from seeing where their bullet struck & where my son was standing. They had not considered a ricochet.

The other was quite concerned also.

These were good kids, not a bunch of show offs & smart asses.

If they had shot on purpose, then I would have called the police..... after I shot back.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#823866 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It was clear what I said. That it is right and good for any president to speak on behalf of the nation at a time like this.
Just not with the inappropriate accolades from the audience for doing so.
I was more disappointed. This is not the time to perpetrate hatred as I also made clear in nearly every post the past two days.
lily is not worth the time it takes to post to her/him.
Chicagoan by Birth

Mishawaka, IN

#823868 Dec 17, 2012
Homer wrote:
Hello Jackwagons, quick lunch then back to the grindstone. I just can't seem to free up a whole lot of time to post these days.
It's nice to see you're busy Homer. Maybe when this jackwagon leaves the White House someone other than a Demorat might work on getting the Giverment off our backs. Work on private sector hiring, instead of Giverment regulation....

Location hidden

#823870 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It was clear what I said. That it is right and good for any president to speak on behalf of the nation at a time like this.
Just not with the inappropriate accolades from the audience for doing so.
I was more disappointed. This is not the time to perpetrate hatred as I also made clear in nearly every post the past two days.
Your entire rationale for life is to spread your particularly ugly form of hatred.

You really don't get it, do you??

Everyone on this thread sees it.

Even your right wing friends say to throw the religious nonsense overboard if Republiclowns are to ever succeed in national politics again.

That was Nobraina, and for once, he was dead on.

You're just dead from the neck up.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#823871 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a growing baby with arms and legs and fingers moving about in the womb. It's not feces. Maybe that's where you get confused. Fetus and feces both start with an "f" and end in an "s".
Ignorance is one thing. Willful ignorance is something else.
I'm not confused, carol, I'm disgusted with your constant harping on an issue that's been settled for thirty-odd years. Abortion is a medical procedure. That's what it is, whether you care to admit it or not. If you disagree with abortion, you are perfectly and exquisitely free never to contemplate, seek, or obtain one. Otherwise, it's not your business, regardless of how many fetuses you sniff when you poke your long twitching proboscis up the vaginas and into the uteri of every pregnant woman on earth.
carol

Orlando, FL

#823873 Dec 17, 2012
If those poor sweet innocent children had been aborted in the same vile and inhuman way, no tears would have been shed by this president.

We all know it. But apparently, I'm the only one who will say it. And I will not back down from saying it.

Legalized abortion is a moral blight on a civilized society and we can never expect anything good to come of it.

In fact, we lost our way precisely in the late 1970s - when abortion became the law of the land.

We are, in fact, reaping what we have sown.

Location hidden

#823874 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
No, what is extremely inappropriate is you and you sick hatred of the President, even at a memorial service.
Get help.
Ditto.

Oh hey, and I found this for you regarding our exchange yesterday (the "Wild West" is often cited by libertarians in examples):

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/view...

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#823875 Dec 17, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>WTH are you talking about son?
#1, Applause at a funeral memorial is bad etiquette.

Its supposed to be a somber occasion.

#2, And it shouldn't be about Obama trying to pretend he gives a damn about those victims. Anybody with half a mind knows this is his way of trying to make people believe that his plans for gun control are all about the "public's" safety, when it is not.

Location hidden

#823876 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Never had an abortion. Witnessed a few in the late 1970s in the hospital where I worked. Many nurses who were once pro-choice became anti-abortion - including myself. It was quite traumatic for some.
But if you refuse to watch what you don't want to see, you are more in denial than I thought, Lily.
I thought you believed a fetus was just a glob of tissue or something.
You have an opportunity to learn that maybe you were wrong. But refuse to do so.
What are we to call people like you - who want to be right in the face of being proven wrong?
Tell it to the Supreme Court.

If they declared abortion legal, they said by inference that human life begins at birth, period.

In all the years the Republiclowns have milked you abortion nitwits, they have done nothing to actually change the law.

It's just red meat they throw to the idiots like you to keep the votes coming.

And they laugh at the evangelicals, as Bush did.

And stop with the lies about having been a teacher and nurse. You were busted on both long ago,but occasionally bring up the same old lies.

You really are a sick little shut-in, Carol.

Can't wait until your daughter has her first abortion, or has she already??

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#823877 Dec 17, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It is a human being with its own unique, human DNA signature which makes it an entity in its own right. Its life came from a living sperm entering a living egg, therefore the chain of life is unbroken until it dies.
Being legal doesn't make murder right. Saddam thought it was "legal" to crop dust his own country's people because he was their sovereign leader and they were an "inconvenience" to him. Was that right?
Most babies are aborted because they are inconvenient.
My death from ectopic pregnancy would have been a bit inconvenient for my two subsequent children - I'll grant you that much.

Location hidden

#823878 Dec 17, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxes will increase for all Americans on January 1.
Republicans want to reduce taxes for all Americans on January 1.
The rest of your crap is irrelevant.
Republicans set the stage for all taxes to go up, why don't y'all have any sense of personal responsibility and ownership? Its a gross character flaw endemic in your party.

Location hidden

#823879 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch any one of the three videos I posted. Either put up or shut up - as the saying goes.
We don't have to.

We have the law on our side. The law says a fetus is not a human being.

DEal with it!!

You're the one fighting established American law.

You're a sick fool.
carol

Orlando, FL

#823880 Dec 17, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Oh! I see! YOU'RE politicizing the event!
Now it makes more sense!
I was disappointed by the inappropriate applause. I'm sure I was not the only one.

His speech was warmly accepted and appreciated, I'm sure, by the families and the nation.

However, past presidents have simply taken to the microphone and comforted the families and the nation. Guess that's what I expected this time too without the fanfare.
carol

Orlando, FL

#823881 Dec 17, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell it to the Supreme Court.
If they declared abortion legal, they said by inference that human life begins at birth, period.
In all the years the Republiclowns have milked you abortion nitwits, they have done nothing to actually change the law.
It's just red meat they throw to the idiots like you to keep the votes coming.
And they laugh at the evangelicals, as Bush did.
And stop with the lies about having been a teacher and nurse. You were busted on both long ago,but occasionally bring up the same old lies.
You really are a sick little shut-in, Carol.
Can't wait until your daughter has her first abortion, or has she already??
Wonder how many members of the Supreme Court witnessed an abortion before their ruling?

The initial law surrounding Roe v Wade was quite restrictive.

Not anymore. It's what happens when you open the door just a crack. Once it's open, there's no closing it again.

Location hidden

#823882 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
Disclaimer: If you don't have the stomach for this, don't watch it. This is the growing "fetus" so easily discarded by some early on in pregnancy.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
Remember you used the term "fetus" which is not a baby, a human being, or any other false label you want to apply to it. Your bible doesn't even consider it to be a person yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min JRB 183,851
FOTUS Michelle Obama frowns while refusing to w... 30 min ChicagOpinion 1
Michelle Obama refuses to wear veil in Saudi Ar... 32 min ChicagOpinion 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 40 min KiMerde 51,371
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 50,407
Toni Braxton's abortion 2 hr Rogue Scholar 05 1
A New Place For Talent...Australia 3 hr Shoutline 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr andet1987 98,986
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST