Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
760,761 - 760,780 of 1,095,065 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

When I asked my son’s social worker about my options, he said that the only thing I could do was to get Michael charged with a crime.“If he’s back in the system, they’ll create a paper trail,” he said.“That’s the only way you’re ever going to get anything done. No one will pay attention to you unless you’ve got charges.”

I don’t believe my son belongs in jail. The chaotic environment exacerbates Michael’s sensitivity to sensory stimuli and doesn’t deal with the underlying pathology. But it seems like the United States is using prison as the solution of choice for mentally ill people. According to Human Rights Watch, the number of mentally ill inmates in U.S. prisons quadrupled from 2000 to 2006, and it continues to rise -- in fact, the rate of inmate mental illness is five times greater (56 percent) than in the non-incarcerated population.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/i-am...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Causing undo and unnecessary duress on grieving parents and families is harmful.
Yell fire in a crowded theater and see what happens. That, too, creates undo and unnecessary duress. It, too, is harmful.
It is also illegal.
Common sense dictates "harmful speech". Complacency allows it.
Many would say that calling abortion "murder" is harmful speech.

Many Christians detest the evangelical fringe element.

But then, you folks on the evangelical side believe that you are the only "Christians."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
In actuality, both how and why are VERY valid questions. We already have gun laws on the books prohibiting disturbed people from having access to firearms. That is why the investigation is ongoing.
You also didnt answer how you stretched your argument to include me and everyone else in the "culapablity" column. As I said, I've never committed a gun crime, and I wont accept any of the blame for the activity of a small group of deviant freaks....
Do we have laws requiring medical personnel to identify "disturbed people" so as to eliminate their access to firearms?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I proposed several explanations. Callousness towards our own species and the unborn was just one of them.
Of course, we could just be reaping what we have sown not only because of this but the other explanations.
What do you think is causing such senseless violence among our young people?
I've been asking the same question and its not limited to young people. Don't think our perpetual state of war might have anything to do with it do ya?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a Jewish lawyer?
Are you an Episcopalian lawn care technician?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

<quoted text>
I agree with you all drug prohibition should be ended, but for entirely different reasons (ie I am not a drug user). Legislating morality is an impossible task, and the legalization and taxation of users would possibly allow for actual worthwhile humans to avoid the rampant Gvt taxation/theft we see today....
That's the same reason, I don't use drugs either and couldn't even if they were legalized.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
He needed an assault rifle to commit this crime. I am not for taking guns away from citizens .... assault rifles should be out of bounds
Assumes facts not in evidence, particularly with the accepted practice of "shelter in place."

If school personnel were instructed to "run like hell" for the exits instead of hiding in closets, then you might have a point.

Schools need to rethink the entire "lockdown" concept.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

<quoted text>
It is the ultimate hypocrisy that ardent leftists are absolutely willing and eager to kill innocent humans via abortion (and I am decidedly NOT pro-life), yet absolutely ABHOR the thought of imposing capital punishment on heinous killers (including mass shooters). Perhaps it would be more palatable to the left to think of the Connecticut school massacre as a "retroactive abortion" 6 years after the fact.....
"Eager"???

What a buffoon.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

<quoted text>
You are obviously inexperienced wth firearms, so let me help you out. Had these devates used shotguns, the death toll would be much higher under the circumstances......
True. This nutjob actually wasted a lot of time and ammunition by shooting each victim numerous times. One shotgun blast at kids in a closet would have been more efficient.

This was a really sick individual who would have killed regardless of the law.

Of course, all this is just another assumption.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree
History disagrees with you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. And anyone else who has some compassion. Most of us assume the law has an element of compassion and common sense. Apparently, it doesn't.
As a side note, the father of the soldier who was subjected to this groups' jeers while burying his son took it to court. He lost and was stuck with $13,000 worth of legal fees to boot. O'Reilly paid the legal fees out of his own pocket.
Westboro Baptist Church is little different at the core from many other fundamentalist churches. If you take the Bible literally, you're potentially dangerous.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No. We either change the Republican Party or form a Conservative Party.
Libertarians are clowns.
I know because we actually want less government which is absurd to a right winger like you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's time we all looked in the mirror and asked ourselves what happened to the next generation and why.
It's a problem stemming from our society. We're doing something wrong. We're numbing and desensitizing our children. And no one is doing anything to change it.
Each of us can only be responsible for our own children.

I may disagree completely with the way others raise their children, and I most certainly do, but it's none of my business.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Assumes facts not in evidence, particularly with the accepted practice of "shelter in place."
If school personnel were instructed to "run like hell" for the exits instead of hiding in closets, then you might have a point.
Schools need to rethink the entire "lockdown" concept.
They did run.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I truly hope that this tragedy will result in the reintroduction of the assault weapons ban; it will be a start. No one needs an assault weapon. We should all write to our congress person.
We need a compromise on this, second amendment yes but machine guns no. If cool heads prevail
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Westboro Baptist Church is little different at the core from many other fundamentalist churches. If you take the Bible literally, you're potentially dangerous.
Agree
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Many would say that calling abortion "murder" is harmful speech.
Many Christians detest the evangelical fringe element.
But then, you folks on the evangelical side believe that you are the only "Christians."
Youre on a roll, agree
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
We need a compromise on this, second amendment yes but machine guns no. If cool heads prevail
Yes

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

<quoted text>
Cmon tubbs; dont go all "jiggly" on me. The left is as ardent pro-choice/abortion rights as they are anti-gun. If you deny that, you are a liar as well...
Yes they are but that's not what you said. You said they love abortion or something to that effect. That's insanely stupid.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

<quoted text>
It is the ultimate hypocrisy that ardent leftists are absolutely willing and eager to kill innocent humans via abortion (and I am decidedly NOT pro-life), yet absolutely ABHOR the thought of imposing capital punishment on heinous killers (including mass shooters). Perhaps it would be more palatable to the left to think of the Connecticut school massacre as a "retroactive abortion" 6 years after the fact.....
If the Connecticut shooter had been captured alive, folks like lily would still be opposed to capital punishment. They might even give him mental illness or juvenile points, or blame his mother and let him off easy.

Witness the fact that the Fort Hood mass murderer is still abusing the justice system, instead of facing swift justice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 30 min edogxxx 97,728
Abby 8-20 31 min edogxxx 1
Amy 8-20 35 min edogxxx 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 176,652
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,833
Time Travel 1 hr Guess 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr RONE 49,231
•••
•••