Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
760,761 - 760,780 of 1,100,250 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823574 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Westboro Baptist Church is little different at the core from many other fundamentalist churches. If you take the Bible literally, you're potentially dangerous.
Agree
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823576 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Many would say that calling abortion "murder" is harmful speech.
Many Christians detest the evangelical fringe element.
But then, you folks on the evangelical side believe that you are the only "Christians."
Youre on a roll, agree
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823577 Dec 16, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
We need a compromise on this, second amendment yes but machine guns no. If cool heads prevail
Yes

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#823580 Dec 16, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Cmon tubbs; dont go all "jiggly" on me. The left is as ardent pro-choice/abortion rights as they are anti-gun. If you deny that, you are a liar as well...
Yes they are but that's not what you said. You said they love abortion or something to that effect. That's insanely stupid.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823581 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
It is the ultimate hypocrisy that ardent leftists are absolutely willing and eager to kill innocent humans via abortion (and I am decidedly NOT pro-life), yet absolutely ABHOR the thought of imposing capital punishment on heinous killers (including mass shooters). Perhaps it would be more palatable to the left to think of the Connecticut school massacre as a "retroactive abortion" 6 years after the fact.....
If the Connecticut shooter had been captured alive, folks like lily would still be opposed to capital punishment. They might even give him mental illness or juvenile points, or blame his mother and let him off easy.

Witness the fact that the Fort Hood mass murderer is still abusing the justice system, instead of facing swift justice.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#823582 Dec 16, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you only ever read just that one post of mine?
My outrage is with the government's phony "war" on drugs. Ready to end it or are you another of those right-wingers who demands the government make all their decisions for them?
Hey pal, you voted for big government, not me. So what do you suggest, legalize and regulate, a legal free for all, legalize and tax? What's the difference? Colorado is already feeling the effects of legal pot. We have to quit treating illegal guns and illicit drug use as illnesses or minor offenses. Who, in this country, is afraid of being disciplined? I'll tell you, NO ONE. From adolescence to the grave, law breakers have little or nothing to fear. Parents can't discipline and the system won't. Until that changes, it won't matter whether we're Democrat, Republican, or Libertarian.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#823583 Dec 16, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Like he said, Saddam not only never attacked the USA, he was our ally until 1989. DUH
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/
We sold him the chemical weapons he used against his own people. That's why Bush didn't like to talk about that. Either father Bush or son Bush.
We invaded a soverign nation with the flimsiest of excuses. We had no murtual defense treaty with Kuwait. There was no reason to invade Iraq. It made the USA international war criminals. To this day, there are nations that will arrest Bush or Cheney if they set foot in their borders.
We lost the war - badly.
there were no WMD's, in spite of your ignorant claims, which even Bush admitted to.
Go back to your TIC talk. You obviously know nothing about any of it, you methhead.
SO...let's SIMPLIFY it then.

There either WERE WMD's or there were not.

Look up the word SOVEREIGN-no wait I'll post it--

adjective
belonging to or characteristic of a sovereign or sovereignty; royal.
having supreme rank, power, or authority.
supreme; preeminent; indisputable: a sovereign right.
greatest in degree; utmost or extreme.
being above all others in character, importance, excellence, etc

NOW get another CLUE-

August 2nd 1990

At about 2 a.m. local time, Iraqi forces invade Kuwait, Iraq's tiny, oil-rich neighbor. Kuwait's defense forces were rapidly overwhelmed, and those that were not destroyed retreated to Saudi Arabia. The emir of Kuwait, his family, and other government leaders fled to Saudi Arabia, and within hours Kuwait City had been captured and the Iraqis had established a provincial government. By annexing Kuwait, Iraq gained control of 20 percent of the world's oil reserves and, for the first time, a substantial coastline on the Persian Gulf. The same day, the United Nations Security Council unanimously denounced the invasion and demanded Iraq's immediate withdrawal from Kuwait. On August 6, the Security Council imposed a worldwide ban on trade with Iraq.

THEN- the UN SANCTIONED-Operation Desert Storm -

Thus began a two-phase operation to counter the Iraqi moves. The first phase was Operation Desert Shield, designed to shield Gulf states. The second was Operation Desert Storm, the United Nations–sanctioned action to drive Iraq from Kuwait.

Military actions for Desert Shield proceeded rapidly. By 7 August, elements of the Eighty-second Airborne Division and U.S. Air Force fighter planes were en route to the Gulf. Britain, France, Egypt, and Syria launched parallel actions, while other nations sent small forces to the area.
----------
If you actually READ some REAL HISTORY, you would then realize-Saddam had ALSO prior-STOLEN oil from Kuwait, and refused to pay/give it back, because his own nation of Iraq was INSOVEREIGN, UNable to pay Kuawait back for the oil, due to his OWN MISHANDLINGS in his dictatorship...which is why he chose instead, being the rogue, insane Dictator that he was--to INVADE Kuwait.

Had Saddam NOT broke his OWN nation, then invaded Kuwait because of it-WE, and OTHER nations would've never had to go there to START with!!

HOW Flipping IGNORANT can ones like you be??????????
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823585 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
I doubt there will ever be conclusive evidence one way or the other, but I also find it interesting that the author of the Huff story was written by the MOTHER of an Asperbergers child, while the kos link you posed is written by someone actually afflicted with the syndrome. I certainly lean towards the veracity of the Mother's assessment of the serious volatility of the condition....
It's important not to label all children or adults with Asbergers or autism as violent, or potential killers. Parents of these children face difficult challenges, I would guess that Lanza had some sort of psychotic breakdown, perhaps schizophrenic. We may never know what happened, the father and brother are cooperating and computer records have been subpoenaed.
Nevertheless, no one needs an assault weapon
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823586 Dec 16, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
The nutty evangelicals are the base. Look at the states where Tea Party candidates were elected to state offices. What did they legislate? Vaginal probes, personhood amendments, and defunding planned parenthood. You are stuck with them.
Drop that sh*t and they are all Democrats at the core.

The Republican base is fiscal conservatives, not the religious nutjobs. Time to gear campaigns to that reality and the turnout will improve.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823588 Dec 16, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I truly hope that this tragedy will result in the reintroduction of the assault weapons ban; it will be a start. No one needs an assault weapon. We should all write to our congress person.
Senator Feinstein (D-CA) wants to push an assault weapons ban.

Call back when she agrees to dismiss all her armed security personnel.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#823590 Dec 16, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
If you carry a gun all day, you're either a paranoid freak (likely), or it just makes you feel like a man (also likely).
As for the rest, it's all bullshit. L:ike everything else you've done here for years with various sockpuppets, all you know how to do is lie and make up stupid stories.
You live in a trailer park outside of Tuscon. You're not fooling anyone.
GO walk through a ghetto by yourself, to have to make an HONEST living-- with nothing but thieves and thugs drooling on every corner-and then say that-clueless loser NUTCASE.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823592 Dec 16, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
When I asked my son’s social worker about my options, he said that the only thing I could do was to get Michael charged with a crime.“If he’s back in the system, they’ll create a paper trail,” he said.“That’s the only way you’re ever going to get anything done. No one will pay attention to you unless you’ve got charges.”
I don’t believe my son belongs in jail. The chaotic environment exacerbates Michael’s sensitivity to sensory stimuli and doesn’t deal with the underlying pathology. But it seems like the United States is using prison as the solution of choice for mentally ill people. According to Human Rights Watch, the number of mentally ill inmates in U.S. prisons quadrupled from 2000 to 2006, and it continues to rise -- in fact, the rate of inmate mental illness is five times greater (56 percent) than in the non-incarcerated population.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/i-am...
The kid in this story belongs in a secure institution. A misguided judicial system leaves a criminal charge as the only option.

Or you can let the kid go free and become a mass murderer.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823594 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
While I agree on the former wholeheartedly, "good luck". No bans whatsoever will arise out of this (or any other) crime.
Banning video games would also increase academic performance by an order of magnitude.

That crap is a cancer on society with absolutely no redeeming virtues.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#823595 Dec 16, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You [prove what a lowlife scum you are with every post.
BTW, my state is #4 in median income.
Your state is #30. Nuff said, you piece of trash.
HONEST JOBS for honest people are wonderful things.

Even if they require packing a knife in your sock, for SELF protection, to get dinner...30+ years ago in CT.
JusttheFacts

Russellville, KY

#823597 Dec 16, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
We need a compromise on this, second amendment yes but machine guns no. If cool heads prevail
I believe there has only been ONE person owning a legal full automatic (machine gun) that ever used it in a crime. Very few with a Concealed Carry Permit have ever used a gun in a crime. It would help if the people that want more gun laws new the difference in guns and what they are talking about.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823598 Dec 16, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I know because we actually want less government which is absurd to a right winger like you.
Yet you support raising taxes to maintain the size of government instead of emphasizing cutting government programs.

Many conservatives would support tax increases coupled with significant budget cuts to move toward a balanced budget.

However, in the current environment, the "fiscal cliff" is preferable to Obama's ridiculous plan.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#823600 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
You dont have the cash OR the cajones to fly from a shthole like Conneticunt, so drop your retarded fantasies.....:-)
Hey, where you calling a chithole, mental midget?

(you reallly don't want to go there now-pot kettle black instigator)
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#823601 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
I have ended relationships over Mothers allowing ther kids violent video games, so I couldnt agree more....
Kind of like playing cawds on skewl time? Times have changed everywhere Fenris-and not for the better.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#823602 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Nutculur has been watching too many hollywood action movies. He tried to represent himself as an ultra-trained covert operative today (now THAT was funny)....:-)
I can't stand twisted and distorted MANIPULATIVE USERS. That chit is for LUHOOZERS.

BUT, that still does not give YOU pass to call anywhere a "chithole".
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823603 Dec 16, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
They did run.
Only after it was all over and the police arrived.

Serious question: "lockdown" or "run like hell"?

There was an incident here on Friday night when two fugitives from an armed jewelry store robbery supposedly ran into a building at Cal State Fullerton. Police "locked down" the campus, refusing to let students leave the building and surrounding the building with heavily-armed paramilitary cops on overtime. After several hours, they finally figured out that the bad guys weren't there.

My point is that the "lockdown" theory is promoted by cops to help get the bad guys, not to protect innocent civilians.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min litesong 46,323
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 13 min Dems Suk 1,904
Win a Free McDonalds Gift Card 15 min Gift Card Expert 1
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 16 min Union Corrupt 7,561
Abby 8-30 28 min edogxxx 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,399
Amy 8-30 36 min edogxxx 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,935
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••