Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823640 Dec 16, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Really? Watch how many people will prefer it when it happens!
Very few, because they believe in Christmas in July and free lunch every day.

The "fiscal cliff" is pretty much the same as the recommendations of Obama's deficit reduction commission.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823641 Dec 16, 2012
Yeah wrote:
Hmmmm...... the NRA is awfully quient.
I wonder why?
Because they know that sanity will prevail in the long run.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#823642 Dec 16, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
libertarian site....
When Right-To-Work Is Wrong and Un-Libertarian
"Employers own the wages they will pay and the sites where work will be performed under such contracts. So itís their right to dispense the wages and make the sites available specifically to union members, just as itís their right, more generally, to trade with anyone they choose.
When a legislature interferes with voluntary employment contracts, it infringes peopleís freedom to bargain with their own labor and possessions. Treating this kind of interference as acceptable means licensing arbitrary interventions into the market by politicians, who are ill-equipped to second-guess the decisions made by the real people making work agreements with one another."
http://reason.com/blog/2012/12/12/when-right-...
"This is not to say that unions are always good. It means that, when the state isn't involved, they're private organizations that can offer value to their members. In fact, I found the NWU (and UAW) helpful for a while, primarily through the benefits the union offered and through the NWU's advocacy on the issue of electronic rights for written material at a time when the Web was first creating a host of new opportunities for writers and publishers alike. Eventually, the value of the benefits petered out for me, and then-union chief Jonathan Tasini's habit of veering into Albert Shanker-ish territory finally put me off enough to quit. But I can imagine re-joining a union under the right circumstances. I can also imagine resenting being forced into a union if I found out that it was a condition of employment in a desired job ó but I also chafe against drug tests, sensitivity training, and some of the other conditions I've encountered over the years."

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#823643 Dec 16, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I kinda had to feel for the kid in opotus the other day...growing up in a world of machevellian extremist government regime, could not have been all to pleasant for a kid at times.
As we may have witnessed briefly the other day.
"Suffer not the little children".....
When I saw the silently scrolling names of those children on my TV screen yesterday evening, I was reminded of something written 2000 years ago by one of the Ancients. Can't remember the name nor the exact quote as written but, if I may humbly try paraphrasing, it went something like this:

Life is full of tragedy but the most tragic of all is not sickness nor death and loss in battles. Although these are truly tragic, the supreme human pathos, the ultimate tragedy is that which could have been but never was.

Those kids could have been _______. Fill in the blank. They are paths not taken.

There is always a fly in the ointment, though. Someone telling jokes at a funeral. A drunk hitting on the bride. A war protester at a veteran's funeral. A President as Publicity Hound off the leash.

After seeing maybe 20 news reports on the Newtown tragedy, I found myself increasingly irritated with the Boy Messiah's face on my screen. I said aloud "This is about the children and their parents. The community's loss. It's not about you, you jerk!"

The Liberal media keeps plastering the airwaves of the Boy Messiah and I'm no longer watching the media. I can mourn in private without the Jerk-In-Chief interfering. STFU, Boy MEssiah!
Obamas War on Prosperity

United States

#823644 Dec 16, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Really? Watch how many people will prefer it when it happens!
Yes,loser bums that aren't productive!The Obama lovers plight of indigent needy voters and criminals that suck the wealth out of our country!Osuckhead is a malfeasance emperor of deceit!

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#823645 Dec 16, 2012

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#823647 Dec 16, 2012
obama is wonderful wrote:
Mr. Obama inspires me daily.
Does his wife know about that?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#823648 Dec 16, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You read crap like townhall.com so you yourself are caught in a right-wing feedback loop.
Y'all crack me up.
I will read and post whatever I choose. townhall.com is as valid as your left-wing news which is EVERYWHERE!!!! Just turn on your tv!!!!

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#823649 Dec 16, 2012
The only positive inspiration coming off him is the one to floss daily...

http://images.politico.com/global/2012/11/121...

...so I don't end up having to keep a death grip on a pair of dentures when I turn his age.
Obamas War on Prosperity

United States

#823650 Dec 16, 2012
The Democrats need to remain in control of people like you that aren't as fortuitous,or educated as they are.This is used as a tactical advantage to manipulate poor people with the Liberals and their clever guise of falsehoods,and promises of thngs like a great new Obama cell phone that can start your car if you need a jump start!

This is an exclusive part of the Democrat party;CRIMINALS!

4 dead heroes Obama refuses to acknowledge because he is the great WAR President that lead a ground pounding unit behind HIM with an extraction team!

50,000,000 on foodstamps now!(nice work Ojacknife)

You are a fraud Obama!

Instead of being prosperous with $Trillions,we will be in DEBT for more trillions!(fact)

Obama inspires you because you can't make it life!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#823651 Dec 17, 2012
Yeah wrote:
Hmmmm...... the NRA is awfully quient.
I wonder why?
They've been emailing patriotic Americans since the Newtown incident.
I've gotten several. And I contributed.

You're not on that list, fool.

Go ahead. Ask some more stupid questions.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#823652 Dec 17, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>We should all be unarmed so we can all be victims of criminals who do not obey laws anyway, do you have any idea what kind of response time cops average when called , unless they are sitting on scene they will be at best minutes away when seconds count , hell this nut killed those babies right next door to a fire dept. and fired over a hundred rounds , if one legally armed citizen would have been on scene it had the potential to change the whole entire outcome but it was a gun free zone , did the shooter care that it was a gun free zone ? I bet the parents are all for a armed citizen on site now , you nor anyone else has the right to disarm me and deny me the right to make sure I can protect my babies on my own , I have never depended on the govt. for a goddamned thing and I damn sure aint gonna put my familys saftey in the hands of corrupt politicians that I wouldn't trust in a shithouse with muzzles on .
Sure moron, this guy was armed with an assault rifle and wearing body armor. A civilian with a hand gun wouldn't stand much of a chance and would have more than likely hit more children. In August police min NYC who are trained and required to be regularly recertified with their weapons shot an armed man and in the process shot several bystanders.
You're an idiot!
proud2bwhite

Sherman, IL

#823653 Dec 17, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure moron, this guy was armed with an assault rifle and wearing body armor. A civilian with a hand gun wouldn't stand much of a chance and would have more than likely hit more children. In August police min NYC who are trained and required to be regularly recertified with their weapons shot an armed man and in the process shot several bystanders.
You're an idiot!
he did not have an asault rifle.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#823654 Dec 17, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No, talking about kids who appear odd to responsible adults.
With all due respect, that's a pretty vague and rather empty statement. It's also pretty assumptive to assume that all adults are "responsible" just because they are of supposed adult age in years.

Just look at this instance that's plastered all over the media now.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#823655 Dec 17, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Parents of children on the spectrum are up in arms about the reference to his diagnosis. They're claiming the media is equating Asperger's/autism with psycopathic tendencies. In a sense, they are, since so few people understand the disorder; and even fewer know the difference between it and the syndrome. But dang, it sure adds another layer to the story. Seems it doesn't matter anymore whether it's true or not...
And any one who has ever had any experience remotely, in even just knowing some one that may be afflicted with such, should realize, sudden outbreaks of violent behavior, is certainly not unheard of.

Unless they're living in some sort of denial, of their own limitations.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#823656 Dec 17, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Very few, because they believe in Christmas in July and free lunch every day.
The "fiscal cliff" is pretty much the same as the recommendations of Obama's deficit reduction commission.
Kids fare far better when they're not spoon fed hearty supplies of sugar coated crap, on wholly dependent,
"other peoples hard work" and/or givverment enabled spoons. They learn to realize early on then, the givverment and OTHER peoples hard earned dollars, are NOT there for just their subsistance, there's NO such thing as trees that grow dollars or FWEE endless supplies of them and that the world does NOT owe them a living, but rather instead, opportunities to EARN it themselves.
NOt to say that we should just let people struggle themselves for the basis needs in life, but we do them NO favors, when we go beyond and create masses of the unrealistically dependendant, with unrealistic realities, as well as UNfair expectations of others.
IMHumbleO--Anyone who would like to try and say otherwise, should be viewed with great skeptisism, especially when using terms like "responsible adults" because "responsible adults" Know BETTER.
Nostrils Henry Waxman

Windsor, CT

#823657 Dec 17, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot!
Sure Libtard. By your Libtard math, you think it's better to have 26 stone cold dead than to have people injured?

I prefer that they change the laws so people who have nutjobs in their house cannot have guns. These Democrats in the "rich, lily white Democrat town" knew their son had a mental disorder. Of course you dumb Democrats like the thread gun nut Old Raider don't like that because you have a higher percentage of mentally ill people on your side.

Oh well, at least Obama is going for a photo op on Monday, a good news cycle day. As President Axledrod said, never let a good disaster go to waste to further our agenda.

let's see...

26 dead to a couple of injured people? Hmmmm....

You are a complete and utter moron, dweeb!!!!!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#823658 Dec 17, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
When I saw the silently scrolling names of those children on my TV screen yesterday evening, I was reminded of something written 2000 years ago by one of the Ancients. Can't remember the name nor the exact quote as written but, if I may humbly try paraphrasing, it went something like this:
Life is full of tragedy but the most tragic of all is not sickness nor death and loss in battles. Although these are truly tragic, the supreme human pathos, the ultimate tragedy is that which could have been but never was.
Those kids could have been _______. Fill in the blank. They are paths not taken.
There is always a fly in the ointment, though. Someone telling jokes at a funeral. A drunk hitting on the bride. A war protester at a veteran's funeral. A President as Publicity Hound off the leash.
After seeing maybe 20 news reports on the Newtown tragedy, I found myself increasingly irritated with the Boy Messiah's face on my screen. I said aloud "This is about the children and their parents. The community's loss. It's not about you, you jerk!"
The Liberal media keeps plastering the airwaves of the Boy Messiah and I'm no longer watching the media. I can mourn in private without the Jerk-In-Chief interfering. STFU, Boy MEssiah!
Ever wonder why they call it poliTICS?(aside from the obvious given meaning).

Give me humble and realizing of ones own limitations of being merely human any day. To vault any one person to a position of some sort of all knowing "God-like" figure is in itself, sickening...almost have to feel sorry for opotus at other times too, because of some of that type of thing that has went on. How unfair (and WARPED) is THAT to any one person as well.

I hope the media (or politics) will not impose any further hurt, on those already suffering the worst hurt imaginable, imposed by someone else, and not anything of their own doings, and may they find some sort of comfort and strength in knowing that many indeed, truly mourn with them.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#823659 Dec 17, 2012
Even if you believe, as most Americans do, that the Second Amendment grants Americans the right to bear arms, one must also acknowledge the right of other Americans to not bear arms and be safe.

Where are the voices for those who choose not to ó or are not old enough to ó own guns? Are the gunless to have no advocate? Will our politicians forever cower before the gun lobby?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/opinion/blo...

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#823660 Dec 17, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
They've been emailing patriotic Americans since the Newtown incident.
I've gotten several. And I contributed.
You're not on that list, fool.
Go ahead. Ask some more stupid questions.
So,the NRA is using this tragedy to collect money from duumbf*cks like you.

I am not surprised.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 6 min _Zoey_ 4,729
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 min _Zoey_ 4,720
Chicago abandons plan to name high school after... 9 min Northern Lights 5
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 27 min mahz 49,894
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min SolomonKane 46,798
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Jacques from Ottawa 178,176
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 56 min Perry Mason 98,241
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago