Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
760,701 - 760,720 of 1,101,542 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
carol

Orlando, FL

#823503 Dec 16, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN: its already been conceded here that the Mother was an irresponsible gun owner, and that a lot of people (including her) paid with their lives at the hands of yet another video game-addicted, goth freak.
I've never shot a human being in my life; how is there "blood on my hands"?
The guns didn't commit the crime. A disturbed young man did.

The question is why did two young people in the same week commit such atrocious acts of violence? Or the movie theater killer? Or the Columbine killers? Or the killer who shot into a crowd where a congresswoman was hit?

The question is why they did it. Not how they did it.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#823504 Dec 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
There's blood on all our hands. It goes much deeper than politics, but the tone has to stop by all on both sides.
But we've simply stopped caring about our children. They are all our future. Not politicians.
the blood is on the hands of the pr i ck with the assault rifle shooting each child three times.

i can defend my home with a pistol, second amendment right. No one needs an assault rifle.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823505 Dec 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If we had any common sense left, we would have stopped this kind of harmful speech a long time ago. It surpasses freedom of speech like yelling fire. It hurts people.
The Christian community should totally renounce this sick group
devin_heiburgh

Blanchard, OK

#823506 Dec 16, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You read crap like townhall.com so you yourself are caught in a right-wing feedback loop.
Y'all crack me up.
Are you Jewish?
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#823507 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Assumes facts not in evidence. The guns may have been locked up and secured from reckless use by children, but it is impossible to stop a determined adult.
The mother may have been irresponsible for ignoring her son's behavior, but again assumes facts not in evidence.
He needed an assault rifle to commit this crime. I am not for taking guns away from citizens .... assault rifles should be out of bounds
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#823508 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Assumes facts not in evidence. The guns may have been locked up and secured from reckless use by children, but it is impossible to stop a determined adult.
The mother may have been irresponsible for ignoring her son's behavior, but again assumes facts not in evidence.
No, I'm sorry; you are having an issue with semantics here. "Secure" is defined as "free from or not exposed to danger or harm". If the criminal retrieved those weapons (doesnt matter how), they were definitely not "secure" at all (and she is legally the culpable party as their owner).........
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823509 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
One problem is referring to a 20-year old as a boy.
Teenagers who commit violent crimes should be treated as adults.
Well, he's dead so it's a moot point. Many parents have autistic and aspergers children, doesn't mean that they are all potential killers.
Something happened, who knows if it will be revealed.
carol

Orlando, FL

#823510 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Who decides what is "harmful speech"?
You?
Get a grip on yourself, woman. Go to church and pray if that makes you feel better.
Causing undo and unnecessary duress on grieving parents and families is harmful.

Yell fire in a crowded theater and see what happens. That, too, creates undo and unnecessary duress. It, too, is harmful.

It is also illegal.

Common sense dictates "harmful speech". Complacency allows it.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823511 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
No, I'm sorry; you are having an issue with semantics here. "Secure" is defined as "free from or not exposed to danger or harm". If the criminal retrieved those weapons (doesnt matter how), they were definitely not "secure" at all (and she is legally the culpable party as their owner).........
She's dead
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#823512 Dec 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The guns didn't commit the crime. A disturbed young man did.
The question is why did two young people in the same week commit such atrocious acts of violence? Or the movie theater killer? Or the Columbine killers? Or the killer who shot into a crowd where a congresswoman was hit?
The question is why they did it. Not how they did it.
In actuality, both how and why are VERY valid questions. We already have gun laws on the books prohibiting disturbed people from having access to firearms. That is why the investigation is ongoing.

You also didnt answer how you stretched your argument to include me and everyone else in the "culapablity" column. As I said, I've never committed a gun crime, and I wont accept any of the blame for the activity of a small group of deviant freaks....
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823513 Dec 16, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
the blood is on the hands of the pr i ck with the assault rifle shooting each child three times.
i can defend my home with a pistol, second amendment right. No one needs an assault rifle.
Yes
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#823514 Dec 16, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously inexperienced wth firearms, so let me help you out. Had these devates used shotguns, the death toll would be much higher under the circumstances......
carol

Orlando, FL

#823515 Dec 16, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christian community should totally renounce this sick group
I agree. And anyone else who has some compassion. Most of us assume the law has an element of compassion and common sense. Apparently, it doesn't.

As a side note, the father of the soldier who was subjected to this groups' jeers while burying his son took it to court. He lost and was stuck with $13,000 worth of legal fees to boot. O'Reilly paid the legal fees out of his own pocket.
carol

Orlando, FL

#823516 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
In actuality, both how and why are VERY valid questions. We already have gun laws on the books prohibiting disturbed people from having access to firearms. That is why the investigation is ongoing.
You also didnt answer how you stretched your argument to include me and everyone else in the "culapablity" column. As I said, I've never committed a gun crime, and I wont accept any of the blame for the activity of a small group of deviant freaks....
The complacency of our society as a whole is what I meant.
ole_47

Blanchard, OK

#823517 Dec 16, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
You can live comfortably in a $90k mobile home...
No one needs a $500k house...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#823518 Dec 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not even asking yourself why these terrible things are happening with our young people - suicides, murder, bullying - and why they seem to be happening with more frequency? Or what has changed from three or four decades ago?
I gave you my explanations. Do you have any?
What does disregarding your sanctimonious crap have to do with what I do or don't concern myself with?

You're incapable of discussing such things in any meaningful way. In that particular post you were heading the way of Roe v. Wade and your nonsensical contention that pro-choice equals anti-life which is just a bunch of right-wing Christian propaganda, propaganda you wallow in daily.
carol

Orlando, FL

#823519 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are talking ridiculous stuff when you accuse others of having "blood on their hands" because of the actions of a lunatic.
If you feel responsible, do what you feel is necessary.
It's time we all looked in the mirror and asked ourselves what happened to the next generation and why.

It's a problem stemming from our society. We're doing something wrong. We're numbing and desensitizing our children. And no one is doing anything to change it.

Location hidden

#823520 Dec 16, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do your homies get theirs? In 2011, there were 103 gang related murders in Chicago alone. Where's your outrage at that?
Have you only ever read just that one post of mine?

My outrage is with the government's phony "war" on drugs. Ready to end it or are you another of those right-wingers who demands the government make all their decisions for them?
ole_Ak_47

Blanchard, OK

#823521 Dec 16, 2012
Come and get me azz munchezzz

Location hidden

#823522 Dec 16, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do your homies get theirs? In 2011, there were 103 gang related murders in Chicago alone. Where's your outrage at that?
Besides, with that particular post I was only pointing out more of Carol's retardedness.

My position is that if we lived in a libertarian society you'd have far less violence even though you may have more guns.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 min Pippa 97,967
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min litesong 46,382
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min LRS 177,529
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min KiMare 49,508
Abby 9-2 47 min Pippa 11
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr RACE 4,667
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 1,263
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE