Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
760,701 - 760,720 of 1,095,399 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
You can believe what you want, but thanks to Turdblossom, you're stuck with them.
Not really. Just drop the anti-abortion platform and they will go away.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
How utterly revolting
If we had any common sense left, we would have stopped this kind of harmful speech a long time ago. It surpasses freedom of speech like yelling fire. It hurts people.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Where'd the shooter get the guns?
The Oregon shooter apparently stole the rifle.

The Connecticut shooter apparently took his mother's guns.

Where do criminals and gang members get guns?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The "war" on drugs.
Tend to agree with you, at least for some drugs, but there are other areas where the police are abusive and offensive as well. Start with red light cameras, speed traps, highway checkpoints, computer entrapment stings, etc.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
But you still haven't explained how taking them away from law-abiding citizens will keep them out of the hands of criminals.
I don't like guns either. But I also don't want them in the wrongs hands and innocent people at their mercy.
Maybe we should address that problem.
That boy committed mass murder with his mothers guns.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The Oregon shooter apparently stole the rifle.
The Connecticut shooter apparently took his mother's guns.
Where do criminals and gang members get guns?
Many are stolen from peoples homes. Two police officers in Miami were arrested for selling illegal guns; 600 guns, they were a married couple.
Anything for a buck
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney got more votes than McCain.
A fiscally conservative party that avoids issues like religion, abortion, sexual preference, and marriage would do better. None of these issues belong in the political forum. Avoiding these issues would leave the Democrats with little to talk about.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
There's blood on all our hands. It goes much deeper than politics, but the tone has to stop by all on both sides.
But we've simply stopped caring about our children. They are all our future. Not politicians.
You are talking ridiculous stuff when you accuse others of having "blood on their hands" because of the actions of a lunatic.

If you feel responsible, do what you feel is necessary.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

<quoted text>
Its already been conceded here that the Mother was an irresponsible gun owner, and that a lot of people (including her) paid with their lives at the hands of yet another video game-addicted, goth freak.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If we had any common sense left, we would have stopped this kind of harmful speech a long time ago. It surpasses freedom of speech like yelling fire. It hurts people.
Who decides what is "harmful speech"?

You?

Get a grip on yourself, woman. Go to church and pray if that makes you feel better.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

<quoted text>
One problem is referring to a 20-year old as a boy.

Teenagers who commit violent crimes should be treated as adults.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
There's blood on all our hands. It goes much deeper than politics, but the tone has to stop by all on both sides.
But we've simply stopped caring about our children. They are all our future. Not politicians.
AGAIN: its already been conceded here that the Mother was an irresponsible gun owner, and that a lot of people (including her) paid with their lives at the hands of yet another video game-addicted, goth freak.

I've never shot a human being in my life; how is there "blood on my hands"?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Liberalism creates a feedback loop. It is usually impossible for a non-liberal to change a liberal's mind about political issues because liberalism works like so: only liberals are credible sources of information. How do you know someone's liberal? He espouses liberal doctrine. So, no matter how plausible what you say may be, it will be ignored if you're not a liberal and if you are a liberal, of course, you probably agree with liberal views.
2) Liberals sources of information are ever present. Conservatives are regularly exposed to the liberal viewpoint whether they want to be or not. That's not necessarily so for liberals. Imagine the average day for liberals. They get up and read their local newspaper. It has a liberal viewpoint. They take their kids to school, where the teachers are liberal. Then they go to work, listen to NPR which has a liberal viewpoint on the way home, and then turn on the nightly news which also skews leftward. From there, they turn on TV and watch shows created by liberals that lean to the left, if they have any political viewpoint at all. Unless liberals actively seek out conservative viewpoints, which is unlikely, the only conservative arguments they're probably going to hear are going to be through the heavily distorted, poorly translated, deeply skeptical lens of other liberals.
http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/20 ...
Bernie Goldberg, a former main stream media journalist, said the liberal media believes itself to be the norm. The second thing you said is more accurate than not. Many people who criticize Fox also admit to never having watched it or only watch for five minutes.

I used to watch MSNBC all the time. They used to discuss the issues and Scarborough used to be the conservative voice.

But then they started finding fault with everyone who doesn't agree with them.

Fox has regular democrat contributors all the time. Juan Williams sat in for O'Reilly numerous times. Geraldo Rivera, a democrat, and has his own show. Stossel, a libertarian, has his own show.

Kind of ironic they are the most versatile but yet the most criticized.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN: its already been conceded here that the Mother was an irresponsible gun owner, and that a lot of people (including her) paid with their lives at the hands of yet another video game-addicted, goth freak.
Assumes facts not in evidence. The guns may have been locked up and secured from reckless use by children, but it is impossible to stop a determined adult.

The mother may have been irresponsible for ignoring her son's behavior, but again assumes facts not in evidence.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A fiscally conservative party that avoids issues like religion, abortion, sexual preference, and marriage would do better. None of these issues belong in the political forum. Avoiding these issues would leave the Democrats with little to talk about.
Libertarians had a 3rd party candidate this year.
Republicans are party of the abortion issue, abortion issue voters... often first last and always. Also anti gay...
You might do better in the Libertarian party,... just saying
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The guns didn't commit the crime. A disturbed young man did.

The question is why did two young people in the same week commit such atrocious acts of violence? Or the movie theater killer? Or the Columbine killers? Or the killer who shot into a crowd where a congresswoman was hit?

The question is why they did it. Not how they did it.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
the blood is on the hands of the pr i ck with the assault rifle shooting each child three times.

i can defend my home with a pistol, second amendment right. No one needs an assault rifle.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christian community should totally renounce this sick group
devin_heiburgh

Blanchard, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You read crap like townhall.com so you yourself are caught in a right-wing feedback loop.
Y'all crack me up.
Are you Jewish?
Lincoln Duncan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Assumes facts not in evidence. The guns may have been locked up and secured from reckless use by children, but it is impossible to stop a determined adult.
The mother may have been irresponsible for ignoring her son's behavior, but again assumes facts not in evidence.
He needed an assault rifle to commit this crime. I am not for taking guns away from citizens .... assault rifles should be out of bounds

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••