Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823546 Dec 16, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans seem on the wrong side of voters...
so they blame the voters
Proud of President Obama, reelected with majority both times.
Barack Obama is flying to the Connecticut town devastated by America's second-deadliest school shooting to mourn with relatives of the 20 children and six adults who lost their lives.
The president will attend an interfaith vigil in the evening in Newtown, where he will also visit the families of those who lost children in Friday's massacre, carried out a 20-year-old local man, Adam Lanza. The gunman forced his way into Sandy Hook elementary school on Friday morning and opened fire on children and teachers before killing himself.
Obama has spoken of the need to "take meaningful action" to do something about America's dismal problem with mass shootings. The age of the victims – the children were all six or seven – has prompted a particularly furious outcry against gun ownership in a country in which support for the right to own weapons remains strong.
I truly hope that this tragedy will result in the reintroduction of the assault weapons ban; it will be a start. No one needs an assault weapon. We should all write to our congress person.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823547 Dec 16, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, with that particular post I was only pointing out more of Carol's retardedness.
My position is that if we lived in a libertarian society you'd have far less violence even though you may have more guns.
Disagree
sonicfilter

Noblesville, IN

#823548 Dec 16, 2012
i mean really, who better to tell us about conservatives but conservatives?

The Republicans Have Failed the Nation

“Obsequious praise for small government does the Republicans no good when they too are in favor of big government in their actions.”

http://www.redstate.com/2012/12/13/the-republ...

but wait a minute....he's talking about Republicans like they're not conservatives. how can that be? does that mean all Democrats might not be liberals?

now if only the Dems had to worry about that.

having fun yet Republican and/or/maybe conservatives? i'm having a bit at your expense.
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#823549 Dec 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Bernie Goldberg, a former main stream media journalist, said the liberal media believes itself to be the norm. The second thing you said is more accurate than not. Many people who criticize Fox also admit to never having watched it or only watch for five minutes.
I used to watch MSNBC all the time. They used to discuss the issues and Scarborough used to be the conservative voice.
But then they started finding fault with everyone who doesn't agree with them.
Fox has regular democrat contributors all the time. Juan Williams sat in for O'Reilly numerous times. Geraldo Rivera, a democrat, and has his own show. Stossel, a libertarian, has his own show.
Kind of ironic they are the most versatile but yet the most criticized.
HHAHAHAHAHAHAJAHAHA!
You actually believe what you post?
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#823550 Dec 16, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
The nutty evangelicals are the base. Look at the states where Tea Party candidates were elected to state offices. What did they legislate? Vaginal probes, personhood amendments, and defunding planned parenthood. You are stuck with them.
GOP divided between libertarians, evangelicals and moderates afraid to come out of the closet.
In the end the Bob Dole types may regain control of the party.
Feel Reagan would feel ashamed of this party
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823551 Dec 16, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
Interesting article about Asperbergers syndrome children. They certainly seem to be volatile time bombs....
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/i-am...
Obviously the shooter was insane - there's no other meaningful way to define the mental state of someone who murders people at random, let alone little kids. It's not possible to know what kind of chaos or hatred was swirling around in that mind that produced these actions, but one thing is 100% certain for me: It had nothing whatsoever to do with having Asperger's, if indeed it is the case that he had that condition. Maybe the isolation and difficulty communicating deprived him of social supports that help other people cope with life, but I can't comprehend an autistic-spectrum disability being the actual cause of such actions.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/15/1170...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#823552 Dec 16, 2012
devin_heiburgh wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you Jewish?
Are you Methodist?
sonicfilter

Noblesville, IN

#823553 Dec 16, 2012
Elections Matter: The President Will Get What He Wants

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/elections...

that would be a bipartisan headline.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823554 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
AGAIN: its already been conceded here that the Mother was an irresponsible gun owner, and that a lot of people (including her) paid with their lives at the hands of yet another video game-addicted, goth freak.
I've never shot a human being in my life; how is there "blood on my hands"?
Ban video games and Goth behavior.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823555 Dec 16, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Libertarians had a 3rd party candidate this year.
Republicans are party of the abortion issue, abortion issue voters... often first last and always. Also anti gay...
You might do better in the Libertarian party,... just saying
No. We either change the Republican Party or form a Conservative Party.

Libertarians are clowns.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823556 Dec 16, 2012
When I asked my son’s social worker about my options, he said that the only thing I could do was to get Michael charged with a crime.“If he’s back in the system, they’ll create a paper trail,” he said.“That’s the only way you’re ever going to get anything done. No one will pay attention to you unless you’ve got charges.”

I don’t believe my son belongs in jail. The chaotic environment exacerbates Michael’s sensitivity to sensory stimuli and doesn’t deal with the underlying pathology. But it seems like the United States is using prison as the solution of choice for mentally ill people. According to Human Rights Watch, the number of mentally ill inmates in U.S. prisons quadrupled from 2000 to 2006, and it continues to rise -- in fact, the rate of inmate mental illness is five times greater (56 percent) than in the non-incarcerated population.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/i-am...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823557 Dec 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Causing undo and unnecessary duress on grieving parents and families is harmful.
Yell fire in a crowded theater and see what happens. That, too, creates undo and unnecessary duress. It, too, is harmful.
It is also illegal.
Common sense dictates "harmful speech". Complacency allows it.
Many would say that calling abortion "murder" is harmful speech.

Many Christians detest the evangelical fringe element.

But then, you folks on the evangelical side believe that you are the only "Christians."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823559 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
In actuality, both how and why are VERY valid questions. We already have gun laws on the books prohibiting disturbed people from having access to firearms. That is why the investigation is ongoing.
You also didnt answer how you stretched your argument to include me and everyone else in the "culapablity" column. As I said, I've never committed a gun crime, and I wont accept any of the blame for the activity of a small group of deviant freaks....
Do we have laws requiring medical personnel to identify "disturbed people" so as to eliminate their access to firearms?

Location hidden

#823560 Dec 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I proposed several explanations. Callousness towards our own species and the unborn was just one of them.
Of course, we could just be reaping what we have sown not only because of this but the other explanations.
What do you think is causing such senseless violence among our young people?
I've been asking the same question and its not limited to young people. Don't think our perpetual state of war might have anything to do with it do ya?

Location hidden

#823561 Dec 16, 2012
ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a Jewish lawyer?
Are you an Episcopalian lawn care technician?

Location hidden

#823563 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
I agree with you all drug prohibition should be ended, but for entirely different reasons (ie I am not a drug user). Legislating morality is an impossible task, and the legalization and taxation of users would possibly allow for actual worthwhile humans to avoid the rampant Gvt taxation/theft we see today....
That's the same reason, I don't use drugs either and couldn't even if they were legalized.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823564 Dec 16, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
He needed an assault rifle to commit this crime. I am not for taking guns away from citizens .... assault rifles should be out of bounds
Assumes facts not in evidence, particularly with the accepted practice of "shelter in place."

If school personnel were instructed to "run like hell" for the exits instead of hiding in closets, then you might have a point.

Schools need to rethink the entire "lockdown" concept.

Location hidden

#823565 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
It is the ultimate hypocrisy that ardent leftists are absolutely willing and eager to kill innocent humans via abortion (and I am decidedly NOT pro-life), yet absolutely ABHOR the thought of imposing capital punishment on heinous killers (including mass shooters). Perhaps it would be more palatable to the left to think of the Connecticut school massacre as a "retroactive abortion" 6 years after the fact.....
"Eager"???

What a buffoon.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823566 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
You are obviously inexperienced wth firearms, so let me help you out. Had these devates used shotguns, the death toll would be much higher under the circumstances......
True. This nutjob actually wasted a lot of time and ammunition by shooting each victim numerous times. One shotgun blast at kids in a closet would have been more efficient.

This was a really sick individual who would have killed regardless of the law.

Of course, all this is just another assumption.

Location hidden

#823567 Dec 16, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree
History disagrees with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min wojar 179,428
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 26 min Hamburg 50,642
very cute unuasual pix 1 hr ALL GOOD 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,666
omnipods boxes for sale 2 hr thanxlord 1
Amy 10-24 2 hr Mister Tonka 12
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 3 hr Anonymous91 54,522
Abby 10-24 10 hr edogxxx 23
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance