Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823513 Dec 16, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
the blood is on the hands of the pr i ck with the assault rifle shooting each child three times.
i can defend my home with a pistol, second amendment right. No one needs an assault rifle.
Yes
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#823514 Dec 16, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
the blood is on the hands of the pr i ck with the assault rifle shooting each child three times.
i can defend my home with a pistol, second amendment right. No one needs an assault rifle.
You are obviously inexperienced wth firearms, so let me help you out. Had these devates used shotguns, the death toll would be much higher under the circumstances......
carol

Orlando, FL

#823515 Dec 16, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christian community should totally renounce this sick group
I agree. And anyone else who has some compassion. Most of us assume the law has an element of compassion and common sense. Apparently, it doesn't.

As a side note, the father of the soldier who was subjected to this groups' jeers while burying his son took it to court. He lost and was stuck with $13,000 worth of legal fees to boot. O'Reilly paid the legal fees out of his own pocket.
carol

Orlando, FL

#823516 Dec 16, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
In actuality, both how and why are VERY valid questions. We already have gun laws on the books prohibiting disturbed people from having access to firearms. That is why the investigation is ongoing.
You also didnt answer how you stretched your argument to include me and everyone else in the "culapablity" column. As I said, I've never committed a gun crime, and I wont accept any of the blame for the activity of a small group of deviant freaks....
The complacency of our society as a whole is what I meant.
ole_47

Blanchard, OK

#823517 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes
You can live comfortably in a $90k mobile home...
No one needs a $500k house...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#823518 Dec 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not even asking yourself why these terrible things are happening with our young people - suicides, murder, bullying - and why they seem to be happening with more frequency? Or what has changed from three or four decades ago?
I gave you my explanations. Do you have any?
What does disregarding your sanctimonious crap have to do with what I do or don't concern myself with?

You're incapable of discussing such things in any meaningful way. In that particular post you were heading the way of Roe v. Wade and your nonsensical contention that pro-choice equals anti-life which is just a bunch of right-wing Christian propaganda, propaganda you wallow in daily.
carol

Orlando, FL

#823519 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are talking ridiculous stuff when you accuse others of having "blood on their hands" because of the actions of a lunatic.
If you feel responsible, do what you feel is necessary.
It's time we all looked in the mirror and asked ourselves what happened to the next generation and why.

It's a problem stemming from our society. We're doing something wrong. We're numbing and desensitizing our children. And no one is doing anything to change it.

Location hidden

#823520 Dec 16, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do your homies get theirs? In 2011, there were 103 gang related murders in Chicago alone. Where's your outrage at that?
Have you only ever read just that one post of mine?

My outrage is with the government's phony "war" on drugs. Ready to end it or are you another of those right-wingers who demands the government make all their decisions for them?
ole_Ak_47

Blanchard, OK

#823521 Dec 16, 2012
Come and get me azz munchezzz

Location hidden

#823522 Dec 16, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do your homies get theirs? In 2011, there were 103 gang related murders in Chicago alone. Where's your outrage at that?
Besides, with that particular post I was only pointing out more of Carol's retardedness.

My position is that if we lived in a libertarian society you'd have far less violence even though you may have more guns.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#823524 Dec 16, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously inexperienced wth firearms, so let me help you out. Had these devates used shotguns, the death toll would be much higher under the circumstances......
Republican Party = Pro Rich, Pro Rape, Pro Guns....
Keep posting as you help the Democrats

Location hidden

#823525 Dec 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
We can't stop the irrational hatred if you won't acknowledge what was said about a certain vice-presidential candidate's children.
Rush Limbaugh takes out his frustrations with a big microphone and a big mouth. Someone needs to tell him to chill out.
But does that mean only one side is guilty?
What about Dan Rather lying about Bush and losing his job because of it?
Do you want only one side to be heard when they are as guilty of what you accuse Fox?
You were talking about when it started, try to stay on topic stupid.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#823527 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes
Republicans seem on the wrong side of voters...
so they blame the voters

Proud of President Obama, reelected with majority both times.

Barack Obama is flying to the Connecticut town devastated by America's second-deadliest school shooting to mourn with relatives of the 20 children and six adults who lost their lives.

The president will attend an interfaith vigil in the evening in Newtown, where he will also visit the families of those who lost children in Friday's massacre, carried out a 20-year-old local man, Adam Lanza. The gunman forced his way into Sandy Hook elementary school on Friday morning and opened fire on children and teachers before killing himself.

Obama has spoken of the need to "take meaningful action" to do something about America's dismal problem with mass shootings. The age of the victims the children were all six or seven has prompted a particularly furious outcry against gun ownership in a country in which support for the right to own weapons remains strong.

Location hidden

#823528 Dec 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The Oregon shooter apparently stole the rifle.
The Connecticut shooter apparently took his mother's guns.
Where do criminals and gang members get guns?
I'm only talking about Newtown.

As far as I know the guns were all legally owned by his mother, can we assume she was a "law abiding citizen"?
carol

Orlando, FL

#823529 Dec 16, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
What does disregarding your sanctimonious crap have to do with what I do or don't concern myself with?
You're incapable of discussing such things in any meaningful way. In that particular post you were heading the way of Roe v. Wade and your nonsensical contention that pro-choice equals anti-life which is just a bunch of right-wing Christian propaganda, propaganda you wallow in daily.
I proposed several explanations. Callousness towards our own species and the unborn was just one of them.

Of course, we could just be reaping what we have sown not only because of this but the other explanations.

What do you think is causing such senseless violence among our young people?
ole_47

Blanchard, OK

#823530 Dec 16, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a Jewish lawyer?

Location hidden

#823531 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Tend to agree with you, at least for some drugs, but there are other areas where the police are abusive and offensive as well. Start with red light cameras, speed traps, highway checkpoints, computer entrapment stings, etc.
Agree except about the "some" drugs.

Location hidden

#823533 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A fiscally conservative party that avoids issues like religion, abortion, sexual preference, and marriage would do better. None of these issues belong in the political forum. Avoiding these issues would leave the Democrats with little to talk about.
Yup, the GOP was doing fine until the Christo-fascists and neocons took over the party during the Reagan years. Reagan wasn't even a neocon until he was finally drug into it around his second term.
kingKong pumpkin

Blanchard, OK

#823535 Dec 16, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican Party = Pro Rich, Pro Rape, Pro Guns....
Keep posting as you help the Democrats
Foodstamps and fwee phones are what put obammie over the 'top'!

Location hidden

#823536 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are talking ridiculous stuff when you accuse others of having "blood on their hands" because of the actions of a lunatic.
If you feel responsible, do what you feel is necessary.
She's trying to steer the discussion into one on the "sanctity of life". Evidently we lost all regard for human life after Roe v. Wade. Could also lead to prayer in school, and the rest of the Disco Institute's litany.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min edogxxx 98,349
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min litesong 47,022
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 36 min Frijoles 69,523
PerfettoPerformanc2010 on eBay 40 min BarefootJoe 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 178,603
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 50,046
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Wolverine33 4,743
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago