Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
760,621 - 760,640 of 1,100,020 Comments Last updated 1 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823421 Dec 16, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>How many of those countries are free and not oppressed ?
Some fools are willing to trade freedom for "security", such as TSA muggings at airports.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#823423 Dec 16, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Today's children are more violent and hateful because of their lack of respect of authority and their elected officials. The constant bashing of President Obama and other elected leaders by right-wing hate radio is a major factor in the increase in violence and hate in today's children. Is it a coincidence that these events started occurring soon after Russ Limbaugh began broadcasting his hate-speech? I don't think it's any coincidence at all.
Carol has no idea what she's talking about, she's comparing modern youth with the cast of Leave it to Beaver. She links everything was all sweetness and light before Roe v. Wade.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823424 Dec 16, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>As I said, most murders occur in a rage, drunken stupor etc and can't be predicted. Like the JAX loud music shooter, he was probably already pizzed off about something or half in the bag and then bang-bang.
Wow lily, that guy is gonna have a real tough go of it in prison.
The CT case is different, kinda like a bunch of real bad decisions all heaped on top of one another and over time by young Adam's family and then by Adam. Parents come to believe that their children will outgrow their problems and most of them do. Adam didn't.
"Realtime" knows something that is not public knowledge? Or just shooting his mouth off as usual?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#823425 Dec 16, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Some airline pilots__key word some.
Are you drunk? High? Your spelling is erratic__kinda like the KY granny who's nuttier than a shytehouse rat.
nope, because I was talking to an American Airlines Pilot at the Airport and told me that carrys a gun for protection while flying on the plane which they are allowed.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823426 Dec 16, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit talking thru your azz.
It makes less sense than your other brain dead ramblings.
Tell me where you live. I'll wake you up while you're sleeping.
You'll never suspect that I'm inside your home until you wake up and see me standing over you.
You nitwits think everyone will announce themselves and waits for you to get your gun??
You are that stupid. That's why so many homeowners get killed with their own guns.
----------
Alarm system
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823427 Dec 16, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Not all gun shows, most states currently require background checks even at gun shows. Virginia and Arizona do not for private sales and that's a problem particularly in Virginia.
Politicians are afraid of the NRA__that's the real problem.
Barack Obama is not afraid of the NRA and never has been. Hah!
Politicians are afraid and respectful of gun owners, NRA or not.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#823428 Dec 16, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try.
They're all ashamed of themselves. That's why.
They know they're wrong, and this is the beginning of the end for the gun lobby.
Obama will use his last term to crush the gun lobby.
And Americans will support him in huge numbers, at least 70%
As for you of the 'lunatic fringe', you'll have one more thing to whine about.
Nuculur… Liberals always over reach!! But Nuculur don’t you think Republicans should ask Obama and his administration why they cut $200 million to schools for training, security equipment and police resources that have been provided over the last decade weren't renewed in 2011 and 2012, and that a separate program that provided $800 million to put police officers inside the schools was ended a few years earlier!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823429 Dec 16, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me where you live. I'll wake you up while you're sleeping.
Considering giving you an address where you are sure to be shot on sight, but concerned that might be a crime.

Location hidden

#823430 Dec 16, 2012
carol wrote:
We are just becoming a meaner society.
From elected leaders accusing others of wanting people to die and labeling entire segments of the population racists to policemen using taser guns as a first resort instead of the last and exercising excessive force when unnecessary and everything else in between.
It has created an environment of resentment and tension and mean-spiritedness.
We have to at least try to get along and become better role models.
We have to at least try to be a kinder, gentler and more forgiving society.
Yes and it coincided with the Evangelical intrusion into politics in the 70's and 80's. I think Evangelicals should start doing as their Bible instructs them to do.

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven."

Some of your good friends from the Westboro Baptist Church are planning an atrocity in Newtown tomorrow, are you joining them?
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

#823431 Dec 16, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol has no idea what she's talking about, she's comparing modern youth with the cast of Leave it to Beaver. She links everything was all sweetness and light before Roe v. Wade.
The old days , at least back then the only people that were getting shot were presidents, attorney generals , and Kings instead of innocent babies [unless you count the Asian ones].
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#823432 Dec 16, 2012
I've discussed it 2 or 3 times.
Interesting years, experience.
People lie about aLot of things on these threads.
Both Republican and Democrat.

Now about that right wing lunatic fringe fkface buddies on here ...

Because you have left wing lunatic fringe fkface buddies on here?
Or because you're a left wing lunatic fringe fkface? ;)

And a Happy New Year ...!
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us all about your military history pally.
And don't lie like some of your right wing lunatic fringe fkface buddies on here do, OK???
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823433 Dec 16, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>He won't although he might step the fight up a notch or two. The Democrats are on a roll and will continue to be until they fk up. Getting involved in gun control when 74% of the nations voters do not want gun control is, IMO, a mistake when solutions on other important issues are within reach. Immigration for instance is ripe for meaningful reform, something that I never thought would occur under a (D) POTUS.
Strike while the iron is hot eh?
It will take a long time to produce meaningful gun control legislation__maybe it will eventually come about like marijuana__one state at a time.
Gun and ammo sales will mushroom the next two weeks as politicians talk about more gun control legislation.

How about getting mentally ill people off the street? Support for that would be almost unanimous.

Location hidden

#823434 Dec 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the point that guns aren't necessarily needed to commit mass murder.
Calling me an idiot didn't change the point you were making and is perpetrating the mean-spiritedness that we must stop for the sake of our chldren.
Can you at least try to be more civil? We're all trying to figure this out the best way we can.
A good start would be to stop lying and spreading lies.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#823435 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun owners vs machine gun owners

Romney Ryan in 2016, a really good idea
Your posts as nobama may have helped elected President Obama in 2012
Thanks
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#823436 Dec 16, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>nope, because I was talking to an American Airlines Pilot at the Airport and told me that carrys a gun for protection while flying on the plane which they are allowed.
In the cockpit? As I said, some do but most don't.

Perhaps you're old enough to recall when the Airline Pilots Assn was "pleading" for guns in the cockpit and were told by congress that they weren't trustworthy enough.
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

#823437 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Some fools are willing to trade freedom for "security", such as TSA muggings at airports.
As a wise man once said anyone willing to trade freedom for security deserves neither, and it has never been truer than right now!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823438 Dec 16, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
conservative voters sat out election for mitt. do you regard that as a lie?
Don't know about "conservatives", but believe that the church folk stayed away because of Romney's religion. Republicans need to stop listening to the evangelicals, who are nothing more than anti-abortion economic liberals.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#823439 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a very stupid post, even for you.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#823440 Dec 16, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone could have made up that story; I don't find it viable.
Furthermore, AZ has open carry, lots of gun owners, and no one pulled out his gun on Loughner. The element of surprise in a mass shooting stuns people, law abiding gun owners don't want to start randomly shooting. Eliminate the rapid fire clips and automatic assault weapons, save a few lives.
Not to say that it's not possible, there was a case here a few years ago wherein a 70 yr old man used his concealed weapon to foil a robbery at a Subway shop.
"silly"
You do not find the above story viable. Good for you. Always best to wait for the facts. On the other hand you spread stories that Mr. Romney committed an armed robbery? You are a hypocrite.
Peace
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823441 Dec 16, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Then stop yer cryin' about some nut slaughtering 20 elementary school kids 'cause that's the sort of thing that's going to happen when you give the public military weapons.
I don't believe you will stop this sort of thing by banning such weapons but I also know of no legitimate reason for the public to have them. This fantasy they have that they're going to prevent tyranny is nothing more than that: a fantasy. Doesn't matter how many AK's or AR-15's the public has they would be next to useless should the US government to decide to turn our military against us.
Should the police (our employees) have military-style weapons?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 8-29 5 min Kuuipo 8
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min mahz 49,473
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 min TRD 68,364
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 min Mister Tonka 97,927
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 min Eric 68,965
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min Brian_G 46,302
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 39 min SLY WEST 297
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,361
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••