Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232946 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823616 Dec 16, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It's important not to label all children or adults with Asbergers or autism as violent, or potential killers. Parents of these children face difficult challenges, I would guess that Lanza had some sort of psychotic breakdown, perhaps schizophrenic. We may never know what happened, the father and brother are cooperating and computer records have been subpoenaed.
Nevertheless, no one needs an assault weapon
Most people know somebody with a kid who is "strange" in some way. Almost impossible to tell which are really dangerous.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#823617 Dec 16, 2012
ref wrote:
Guns won't be outlawed. Going by history, there will be a great increase in mental institutions.
Still think there needs to be a reintroducion of Guidelines for Duhmmies put back into public squares again.

RULE 1.
DO UNTO OTHERS NICELY, as you would have done unto thy self.
Followed by
Rule 2.
Check YOURSELF firstly and foremostly-because there's NO such thing as perfection...and noone has the right to demand from ANYONE ELSE either.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#823619 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people know somebody with a kid who is "strange" in some way. Almost impossible to tell which are really dangerous.
Ones that want to gang up and/or bully others...for not seeing things the way they think others should see them.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823620 Dec 16, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Ones that want to gang up and/or bully others...for not seeing things the way they think others should see them.
No, talking about kids who appear odd to responsible adults.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#823622 Dec 16, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously the shooter was insane - there's no other meaningful way to define the mental state of someone who murders people at random, let alone little kids. It's not possible to know what kind of chaos or hatred was swirling around in that mind that produced these actions, but one thing is 100% certain for me: It had nothing whatsoever to do with having Asperger's, if indeed it is the case that he had that condition. Maybe the isolation and difficulty communicating deprived him of social supports that help other people cope with life, but I can't comprehend an autistic-spectrum disability being the actual cause of such actions.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/15/1170...
Parents of children on the spectrum are up in arms about the reference to his diagnosis. They're claiming the media is equating Asperger's/autism with psycopathic tendencies. In a sense, they are, since so few people understand the disorder; and even fewer know the difference between it and the syndrome. But dang, it sure adds another layer to the story. Seems it doesn't matter anymore whether it's true or not...
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#823623 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Assault weapons" are not "machine guns."
The permit rapid fire as in the killing of the children?
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#823624 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823625 Dec 16, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
The permit rapid fire as in the killing of the children?
Ask a gun expert.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#823627 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Drop that sh*t and they are all Democrats at the core.
The Republican base is fiscal conservatives, not the religious nutjobs. Time to gear campaigns to that reality and the turnout will improve.
lol! And yet, cons embrace them!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#823628 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Banning video games would also increase academic performance by an order of magnitude.
That crap is a cancer on society with absolutely no redeeming virtues.
lol! Isn't that what they use to train the military? And pilots? And police officer in vehicles?

Boy, I was wonder when someone would push for THAT ban on free speech and free enterprise!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#823629 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you support raising taxes to maintain the size of government instead of emphasizing cutting government programs.
Many conservatives would support tax increases coupled with significant budget cuts to move toward a balanced budget.
However, in the current environment, the "fiscal cliff" is preferable to Obama's ridiculous plan.
lol! Really? Watch how many people will prefer it when it happens!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#823631 Dec 16, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Westboro Baptist Church is little different at the core from many other fundamentalist churches. If you take the Bible literally, you're potentially dangerous.
lol! Sounds like people who do the same with the Constitution!
Alicia

Baltimore, MD

#823632 Dec 16, 2012
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#823633 Dec 16, 2012
Hmmmm...... the NRA is awfully quient.

I wonder why?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#823635 Dec 16, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=niVLasaDPAQXX
Why did you send a link to the publicity hound of the century?

Lapeer, MI

#823636 Dec 16, 2012
uidiotracemakeworldpeace wrote:
<quoted text>I slapped you so many times you can't even see day light u mental midget! You should paly with someone your own size. i love to you punch jocks out of your misery, for bully others! BWHHAHHAAHAHAHAA i one gone make you see light out! you don't remember me, do you? i gave you debate of your life! wbHAhahhaa
Didn't I warn you about drinking your own urine?

See what happened?

Lapeer, MI

#823637 Dec 16, 2012
uidiotracemakeworldpeace wrote:
<quoted text>u gO GIRL! sLAP sHINING ELECTRON DICKWAD OUT OF HIS MISERY!
:)
With Free Cellphones, you can spend more a crack.

The Boy Messiah is feeding your habit, Dood.

Lapeer, MI

#823638 Dec 16, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
The 'Right to Bear Arms' Is Not More Important Than a Child's Right to Grow Up
....after seeing similar scenarios play out over and over again, in schools, movie theaters and malls, I'm ready to throw the 2nd Amendment out the f*cking window. Someone's "right to bear arms" is not more important than a child's right to grow old enough to get to middle school, have her first kiss, see Santa or light the final candles on the Menorah. Having access to a gun cannot take precedence over the safety of our schools. It simply can't.
The answer isn't to wrap our schools in barbed wire and turn them into prisons with pretty murals on the wall and jungle gyms. The answer is to stop ignoring the fact that the availability of guns in this country is literally killing us.
We spend a lot of time teaching our children to be safe. We hold their hands when they cross the street, tell them not to talk to strangers, and strap them in their carseats. It's a pillar of parenting -- stay safe. But sometimes you send your child to school and they don't come back. I don't even know how to process that.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/devon-corneal/r...
Knock it off drama queen.

Fingers are more important than Chain Saws. Fool.

Go play a violin on a NY Sidewalk, dood. Just don't take along a 64 oz. pop.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823640 Dec 16, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Really? Watch how many people will prefer it when it happens!
Very few, because they believe in Christmas in July and free lunch every day.

The "fiscal cliff" is pretty much the same as the recommendations of Obama's deficit reduction commission.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823641 Dec 16, 2012
Yeah wrote:
Hmmmm...... the NRA is awfully quient.
I wonder why?
Because they know that sanity will prevail in the long run.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Brian_G 53,521
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Oriosano Nachos M... 189,892
legit pain P.I.L.L.S n m/ar.iju/an.a 5 hr Local Chicago 1
Affidavit: White House birth certificate is a F... 6 hr JustTheFACTS 1
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 6 hr Lexus1985 425
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 6 hr Lexus1985 407
News 1 dead, 4 wounded in Chicago shootings 9 hr reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]