Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,023)

Showing posts 760,441 - 760,460 of1,071,722
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I've source many many things including that under current dispute but there's no point with an insane liar such as yourself.
I don't care about your opinion.
It doesn't alarm you that children are becoming more violent and hateful and the intensity of the hatred is increasing and the violence more frequent?

It doesn't shock you that adults are becoming more like children calling each other names and pointing fingers at each other because they disagree?

Before the 1970s, we didn't have these kinds of problems. There has to be some reason why.

The lack of civility and common decency seemed to decline after the 1970s; coincidentally, around the same time we stopped respecting human life.

It began to decline when we stopped caring about children and bad parents dictated to school administrators that discipline didn't apply to their children and everyone stopped growing a spine because of the threat of lawsuits.

It grew when we threw something greater than ourselves out of the equation that once used to guide and direct the consciences of a self-governing and free society.

The frequency of gang violence, bullying, child suicides, child murderers has increased to almost epidemic proportions at the same time adults became increasingly more concerned about political correctness than intervening to be good role models.

Do you remember a time when these kinds of problems were virtually unheard of? Or at least the same magnitude?

What happened in the past two and a half to three decades that created this kind of environment for this generation?

There has to be a reason.

But we have definitely lost our way. It can't be denied.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The Twin Towers were taken down, the Pentagon was destroyed and passengers on an airliner flew themselves into the ground with nothing more than box knives used as weapons.
Do you really think the events at Columbine, Aurora and Sandy hook could have been accomplished with box cutters? You're an idiot. It's time to ban all these guns.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Seek some counseling...it was people with mindlessness like what you exhibit, that gave Hitler rise to absolute CORRUPTION to power of EVIL.
True that - believing propaganda is mindless. Are you referring to Chrysler sending Jeep production to China or that Obama is a Muslim who was born in Kenya? Maybe you are talking about the dinosaurs being wiped out by Noah's flood? Or could it be you are thinking that the second amendment didn't become a "transient cause" when the US abandoned the civilian soldier militias and created the standing army and navy of military regulars?
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't alarm you that children are becoming more violent and hateful and the intensity of the hatred is increasing and the violence more frequent?
It doesn't shock you that adults are becoming more like children calling each other names and pointing fingers at each other because they disagree?
Before the 1970s, we didn't have these kinds of problems. There has to be some reason why.
The lack of civility and common decency seemed to decline after the 1970s; coincidentally, around the same time we stopped respecting human life.
It began to decline when we stopped caring about children and bad parents dictated to school administrators that discipline didn't apply to their children and everyone stopped growing a spine because of the threat of lawsuits.
It grew when we threw something greater than ourselves out of the equation that once used to guide and direct the consciences of a self-governing and free society.
The frequency of gang violence, bullying, child suicides, child murderers has increased to almost epidemic proportions at the same time adults became increasingly more concerned about political correctness than intervening to be good role models.
Do you remember a time when these kinds of problems were virtually unheard of? Or at least the same magnitude?
What happened in the past two and a half to three decades that created this kind of environment for this generation?
There has to be a reason.
But we have definitely lost our way. It can't be denied.
Today's children are more violent and hateful because of their lack of respect of authority and their elected officials. The constant bashing of President Obama and other elected leaders by right-wing hate radio is a major factor in the increase in violence and hate in today's children. Is it a coincidence that these events started occurring soon after Russ Limbaugh began broadcasting his hate-speech? I don't think it's any coincidence at all.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN!
(flippin nutcases-MORE counselors, less fweeDUHM!!)
One picture shows Ashlyn in her Christmas dress, hair neatly coifed, with a swollen lip, missing teeth, puffy eye and athletic tape wrapped around her hands to protect them. She smiles like a little boxer who won a prize bout.

Her first serious injury came at age 3, when she laid her hand on a hot pressure washer in the back yard. Ashlyn’s mother found her staring at her red, blistered palm.

“That was a real reality check for me. At that point I realized we’re not going to be able to stop all the bad stuff,” Tara Blocker says.

“She needs a normal life, with limitations.”

So when Ashlyn goes to her kindergarten class at Patterson Elementary School, she gets daily check-ups with school nurse after recess. Cloud and Ashlyn’s mother discussed having her wear a helmet on the playground, but decided it would look too odd....

FROM
Rare disease makes girl unable to feel pain
Genetic disorder deprives kindergartner of natural alarms. AP. 11/1/2004
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. The mother knew her child had mental issues and brought him to the shooting range, had weapons in her home. She taught him to shoot, then he killed her and all those other innocent victims. I just don't get it.
His mother was a survivalist NRA gun-nut wackjob to the highest degree.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

We are just becoming a meaner society.

From elected leaders accusing others of wanting people to die and labeling entire segments of the population racists to policemen using taser guns as a first resort instead of the last and exercising excessive force when unnecessary and everything else in between.

It has created an environment of resentment and tension and mean-spiritedness.

We have to at least try to get along and become better role models.

We have to at least try to be a kinder, gentler and more forgiving society.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Losing Our Sense of Common Decency

Something precious is being squandered in the rough and tumble of this political season -- a shocking decline in respect for the values that made this country a symbol of freedom and decency. After years of progress in the area of civility and civil rights voter angst in a time of economic trauma has become an excuse for virulent, racially-charged campaigns. Suddenly it is acceptable to air long-repressed hostility that had been frowned upon as the country moved to moderate an ugly, divisive past.

Tea Partiers say they want to take the country back, a rallying cry without substance except as an expression of anti-government fervor even though, in many cases, protesters are the beneficiaries of federal programs like Medicare and Social Security. They feel oppressed, over-taxed, and under-appreciated. And they tend to support candidates in spite of their dubious qualifications because those deficits are a better fit with their own self image and distance them from people they disparage as political elites. Gaining an advantage is the game; no rules of conduct need apply in attaining that goal.

What this has come to mean is that Tea-Party and right-wing supported candidates have won Republican primaries despite obvious failings and a lack of preparedness to govern effectively. But anger and dissatisfaction aren’t credentials for holding office, and the brickbats aimed at the president and various incumbents exhibit an unprecedented level of disrespect that cheapens the national debate. Political, upstart Ben Quayle for example, running for the House from Arizona had the temerity to call Obama the “worst president” ever, as if he actually had the bona fides to make such an assessment.

In general the current crop of candidates is a sub-standard lot of people who talk values but trash what’s best about our culture and turn free speech into slurs that signal a return to the dark days when racial epithets and low-minded innuendo were common in the public forum.

http://www.truth-out.org/buzzflash/commentary...
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

professor dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure imbecile he can chain twenty exits and start a fire before anyone notices.
Little coward couldn't even lift the amount of chain he'd need.
Or tie an anchor to them and drown them
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>His mother was a survivalist NRA gun-nut wackjob to the highest degree.
I didn't know that, wow
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think the events at Columbine, Aurora and Sandy hook could have been accomplished with box cutters? You're an idiot. It's time to ban all these guns.
It's time for people to quit living in the DUHDUH land of stupid, get a clue between Right and Wrong (including when looking THEMSELVES-take personal RESPONSIBILITY for what they do--NOT just (SIC) depravedly make demands on OTHERS and of OTHERS, that DISAGREE--especially when those that DISAGREE-often have a far beter CLUE about REALITY, than those just wishing to strong arm DICTATE to others --COMMIETIC style.
Get a FLIPPING clue--and start trying to smarten up your OWN self!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.cga.ct.gov/current/pub/Chap943.htm
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Today's children are more violent and hateful because of their lack of respect of authority and their elected officials. The constant bashing of President Obama and other elected leaders by right-wing hate radio is a major factor in the increase in violence and hate in today's children. Is it a coincidence that these events started occurring soon after Russ Limbaugh began broadcasting his hate-speech? I don't think it's any coincidence at all.
Good point, when did Fox begin? When did Limbaugh, hannity, beck, levin, et all begin?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think the events at Columbine, Aurora and Sandy hook could have been accomplished with box cutters? You're an idiot. It's time to ban all these guns.
It was the point that guns aren't necessarily needed to commit mass murder.

Calling me an idiot didn't change the point you were making and is perpetrating the mean-spiritedness that we must stop for the sake of our chldren.

Can you at least try to be more civil? We're all trying to figure this out the best way we can.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Bank robber in VA wore a Mitt Romney mask!!
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
We are just becoming a meaner society.
You can thank right-wing racist hate radio and all the Fox News lies for a large percentage of the meanness. When people keep hearing day in and day out that their President and elected leaders are no good bums, they begin lose all hope and resort to violence they would not normally resort to.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Do you even realize how many deaths a gun ban will cause ? You unamerican liberals have caused much of the chaos yourselves if you take away legally owned firearms are the criminals and nut jobs gonna hold your hand and sing cumbaya , don't try to infringe my rights .
Respectfully, such doesn't belong displayed for sale on flea market tables as if such are toys either.

Not that doing such would eve completely stop the mishandlings of them (take Iran and Korea for example-reason number one why "disarming" everybody and the world would be prefect is utter and complete LALAland BS), but...such would make accountability easier to trace, at least. And sometimes at least is as good as it can get...in REALITY anyway.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I didn't know that, wow
not true. she just liked to target shoot. a hobby that got her killed. any comments on who or what she should be off limits at this point. if not, then shall we all celebrate tomorrow when Rush Limbaugh starts in about 'parasitic lowlife' teachers?
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

<quoted text>
I didn't know that, wow
When she and her neighbors got together they would brag about their gardens, etc. She would brag about her gun collection.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
1-A gun ban would have saved the lives of 20 children and 7 adults.
2-These murders were committed with legally owned firearms by a person with no criminal record.
3-You have no right to have a gun unless you are a member of a well organized militia, which you are not.
4-You are an idiot.
Like ..oh...say...

Nidal Malik Hasan.

Ever wonder if mabey YOU're the "idiot"? You should.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>You are a fool to think this nut wouild not find a way to kill , would they be any less dead if he chained the doors from the outside and set the building on fire and nobody got out, you fuckin liberals are the dumbest things on earth , when the country is at war with its self you liberal egg suckers will only hide and watch anyway , don't tell me my rights I already know them and they wont be infringed .
Brilliant!(simply because COMMON SENSE and other redeeming values are just SOOOO lacking these days in SOOOOO many!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 760,441 - 760,460 of1,071,722
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

99 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min wojar 173,561
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 26 min Hatti_Hollerand 387
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min mdbuilder 45,441
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 1 hr hands on AR 1,756
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 1 hr hands on AR 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Toj 97,431
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr george 3,812
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info