Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
760,401 - 760,420 of 1,080,438 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823162
Dec 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Road to Hell is a corduroy road paved with the bodies of your ilk.
Stalin had photos of him smiling with children taken all the time(read: Josef was the doting father of all the citizens). Stalin murdered upwards of 50 million citizens, give or take a few tens of millions.
"That's what's wrong with children these days, lack of respect for their elected officials."
You are frightfully and dangerously stupid. Stay away from my children.
And, for God's sake, don't let the Boy Messiah pose with them, either.
AMEN!

(flippin nutcases-MORE counselors, less fweeDUHM!!)
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823163
Dec 16, 2012
 
Obama 2016 wrote:
President Obama will be spending the entire day tomorrow consoling the victims of the tragedy. What a great and caring compassionate leader he is. Americans should be proud of their President.
I hope he enjoys the majestic messages of PEACE, in the land of tranquil white steeples!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823164
Dec 16, 2012
 
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>
(!)
<quoted text>Not as far as State colleges are concerned. Get a degree at one State College, get a degree in ALL the State Colleges in......my state.
;)
Good point!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823165
Dec 16, 2012
 
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a wedgie today, huh?
Get a shorter habit.
"get" AWAY :-)
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823166
Dec 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Why does white people try make up some medical excuse when a white kid flips his lid? When a black kid flips out, I call a spade a spade. Most of these kids are not mentally ill infact they're victims of their parents own ignorance. Allowing the school to classify their children & put them on meds because the child is a lil hyper (ADHD) & every other abbreviated made up diseases. If you tell a kid something is wrong with them , they begin to believe it & use it as an excuse. The system fail these kids for proposes of greed, but their parents failed them also by their ignorance, believing everything schools & doctors say without questioning a thing THATS WRONG!
Listen skippy, you have digressed WAY off the topic.

The 24 year old had MENTAL problems. Maybe should've been a clue to those living in the same place with him (or wherever he acquired weapons from).

As far as medicating kids-way over done these days. COUNSELING on regular basis, would often most likely achieve FAR better results.
But just try and wing THAT at some of these parents who cannot even confront REALITY themselves, let alone their OWN IMPERFECTIONS.

Don't blame what starts at HOME-on the SYSTEM...they jsut have to deal with the little products people send in every day. DISRUPTIONS,the neglected, the uncared for, the second thoughts and all.

SHAME on THAT stuff!!
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823167
Dec 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Impeach Obama wrote:
Twenty-six people gunned down in a school including 20 small children. Where the hell is Mullah Obama? Oh yeah, planning for his $4 million vacation in Hawaii that we're paying for. Why isn't he on the ground in Newton, Conn. getting a photo op with the grieving parents? Oh I see now, the children were all WHITE children. Now I get it. Like Benghazigate, I'm sure he's hoping this "bump in the road" will soon be behind us.
He is going to Newtown you ignorant POS. His going down there immediately would have been a distraction that police and other public safety officials didn't need.
By the way there were black, Hispanic and Asian students among those killed.
You're an idiot!

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823168
Dec 16, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Marley wrote:
Shut up.
Shut your mouths.
Just shut up.
For once, just stop the stupidity and have a little respect, give a bit of silence and maybe a prayer for all the babies who died a senseless terrifying death.
They should be home enjoying Christmas lights, and helping wrap gifts, maybe helping to bake cookies...
I respectfully disagree. This horrific incident could provide cover for politicians to take on the NRA and act on gun control law that could prevent more children from fates like this. The more time that passes the more likely assault rifles and semi-automatic weapons will remain available to the crazies among us.
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823169
Dec 16, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree. This horrific incident could provide cover for politicians to take on the NRA and act on gun control law that could prevent more children from fates like this. The more time that passes the more likely assault rifles and semi-automatic weapons will remain available to the crazies among us.
Do you even realize how many deaths a gun ban will cause ? You unamerican liberals have caused much of the chaos yourselves if you take away legally owned firearms are the criminals and nut jobs gonna hold your hand and sing cumbaya , don't try to infringe my rights .
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823170
Dec 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Do you even realize how many deaths a gun ban will cause ? You unamerican liberals have caused much of the chaos yourselves if you take away legally owned firearms are the criminals and nut jobs gonna hold your hand and sing cumbaya , don't try to infringe my rights .
1-A gun ban would have saved the lives of 20 children and 7 adults.
2-These murders were committed with legally owned firearms by a person with no criminal record.
3-You have no right to have a gun unless you are a member of a well organized militia, which you are not.
4-You are an idiot.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823171
Dec 16, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree. This horrific incident could provide cover for politicians to take on the NRA and act on gun control law that could prevent more children from fates like this. The more time that passes the more likely assault rifles and semi-automatic weapons will remain available to the crazies among us.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security should classify the NRA for what it really is. A terrorist organization. A terrorist organization whose members often advocate the overthrow of the U.S. Government. A terrorist organization whose members often advocate the assassination of the U.S. President. A terrorist organization whose members possess many illegal unregistered firearms. A terrorist organization whose members commit gun crimes on a regular basis. The NRA is a terrorist organization that should be regarded in the same light as Al Qaeda. Many more people have been murdered in America by NRA gun nuts than by all the Islamic terrorists combined.
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823172
Dec 16, 2012
 
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
1-A gun ban would have saved the lives of 20 children and 7 adults.
2-These murders were committed with legally owned firearms by a person with no criminal record.
3-You have no right to have a gun unless you are a member of a well organized militia, which you are not.
4-You are an idiot.
You are a fool to think this nut wouild not find a way to kill , would they be any less dead if he chained the doors from the outside and set the building on fire and nobody got out, you fuckin liberals are the dumbest things on earth , when the country is at war with its self you liberal egg suckers will only hide and watch anyway , don't tell me my rights I already know them and they wont be infringed .
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823173
Dec 16, 2012
 
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Do you even realize how many deaths a gun ban will cause ? You unamerican liberals have caused much of the chaos yourselves if you take away legally owned firearms are the criminals and nut jobs gonna hold your hand and sing cumbaya , don't try to infringe my rights .
because in your world children don't have any rights after they're born.

and now with the right wing push to try to keep college students from voting it seems you have to be a least 22 years old before you have any 'rights'. that would also seem to cover right wing azz when we have a shooting at a college.
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823174
Dec 16, 2012
 
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
because in your world children don't have any rights after they're born.
and now with the right wing push to try to keep college students from voting it seems you have to be a least 22 years old before you have any 'rights'. that would also seem to cover right wing azz when we have a shooting at a college.
Prove it .
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823175
Dec 16, 2012
 
The American Conservative Union....

Conservative Confusion

Within the so-called American conservative movement intellectual and political confusion are today rampant. Hence the following attempt to sort out what is what.

First of all, a conservative is acutely aware of the flawed nature of man. The capacity of human reason is limited. Our existence is ultimately a great mystery. Conservatives recognize that for these reasons we need the best of the human heritage to help guide us.

The Jacobin suffers from no such humility. Who needs history when there are universal principles that are also self-evident? It’s all so clear. Traditions are but historical accidents, props for old elites that should be replaced by the enlightened and virtuous, people like him. Leo Strauss and his disciples have taught us to disdain “the ancestral” and heed only principles of reason.

Conservatives and Jacobins differ profoundly on what ultimately commands our loyalty. Conservatives stand in awe of a higher power. The ancient Greeks spoke of it as the good, the true and the beautiful. Others refer to it as the will of God. This higher reality is, in any case, not some ideological blueprint. To feel obligated to look for and to do the right thing is not the same as to know just what it is in particular circumstances. The complexity and unpredictability of life disincline the conservatives to sweeping, categorical assertions.

The Jacobin is a true believer. He has access to universal principles, you see, and they demand “moral clarity.” You are either for his principles, which makes you virtuous, or you are against them, which makes you evil. It’s all so clear.

To have unquestioning faith in one’s own moral superiority is for Christians the cardinal sin. Only a profoundly conceited person could think that for another to oppose him is by definition morally perverse.

But the Jacobin assumes a right to have his way. Behind his moralism hides a desire to dominate. The hesitation or trepidation that may trouble men of conscience do not deter him. The will to power silences all doubt.

For the conservative, the universal imperative that binds human beings does not announce its purpose in simple, declaratory statements.

http://conservative.org/battleline/conservati...

Only a major intellectual or moral flaw in American conservatism could have made so many susceptible to the neo-Jacobin bug. Many who caught it were myopically preoccupied with practical politics and Republican partisanship. They lacked historical perspective and philosophical discernment. Others dimly recognized what was happening but went along to reap financial rewards and advance careers. They concealed almost from themselves that they had become hired guns advocating the positions expected of them. Both groups made alliances that will prove compromising. Historians will wonder how so many could have been so easily swayed and manipulated.

Today the utopianism, recklessness, cynicism and sheer incompetence of the neo-Jacobins are becoming obvious. Many of their fellow-travelers are trying to save what remains of their reputations by jumping ship. Intellectually challenged supernationalists just raise their voices and call critics unpatriotic. As for the neo-Jacobins themselves, they are blameless. It is those who implemented their policies who should be blamed. They didn’t do it right.

The neo-Jacobin virus should have been flushed out long ago.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823176
Dec 16, 2012
 
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually homeland security is.made up of a bunch of misfits.
You have a better chance of getting killed by a police officer than getting killed by a random shooter.
You have a better chance of being murdered by a "legal firearms owner" than by a random shooter or a police officer. Eric Harris, Dylan Kiebold, Jeffrey Weise, Aaron Huff, Charles Carl Roberts, Seung-Hui Choi, Robert Hawkins, Charles Lee Thornton, Robert Stewart, Jiverly Wong, Omar S. Thornton, Jared Loughner, Scott Evans Dekraai, One L. Goh, Jake England, Ian Stawicki, James Holmes, Wade Michael Page, Andrew Engeldinger, Jacob Tyler Roberts and Adam Lanza...all legal gun owners with no criminal record.
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823177
Dec 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>The U.S. Department of Homeland Security should classify the NRA for what it really is. A terrorist organization. A terrorist organization whose members often advocate the overthrow of the U.S. Government. A terrorist organization whose members often advocate the assassination of the U.S. President. A terrorist organization whose members possess many illegal unregistered firearms. A terrorist organization whose members commit gun crimes on a regular basis. The NRA is a terrorist organization that should be regarded in the same light as Al Qaeda. Many more people have been murdered in America by NRA gun nuts than by all the Islamic terrorists combined.
Bla Bla Bla the NRA has more influence than obama and the entire democratic party they have enough money and members to apease both republicans and democrats alike , many many friends on both sides you see child money runs Washington not the president or lack of one , now go spread your propaganda elsewhere america ain't buying it .

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823178
Dec 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
1-A gun ban would have saved the lives of 20 children and 7 adults.
2-These murders were committed with legally owned firearms by a person with no criminal record.
3-You have no right to have a gun unless you are a member of a well organized militia, which you are not.
4-You are an idiot.
Every item you post is BS. Again 'If.. you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns'.
How does the Second Amendment read, I'll state it verbatum, because it has to be taken as it reads, not as you... would interpret same. A well regulated Militia, being necessary to a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. The right of the people... read again The right of the people...to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. Give it up, you are the idiot.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823179
Dec 16, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nucular is the crude, stupid version of his libertarian sockpuppet Demos/Tenzing:
Almost all of Charles Manson's various victims were stabbed to death.
The Osaka School Massacre took place on June 8, 2001, at Ikeda Elementary School, an elite primary school affiliated with Osaka Kyoiku University in Osaka Prefecture, Japan. That morning, 37-year-old former janitor Mamoru Takuma entered the school armed with a kitchen knife and began stabbing numerous school children and teachers. He killed eight children, mostly between the ages of seven and eight, and seriously wounded thirteen other children and two teachers.
And China specializes in mass murders by edged weapons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_i...
The Twin Towers were taken down, the Pentagon was destroyed and passengers on an airliner flew themselves into the ground with nothing more than box knives used as weapons.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823180
Dec 16, 2012
 

Judged:

2

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree. This horrific incident could provide cover for politicians to take on the NRA and act on gun control law that could prevent more children from fates like this. The more time that passes the more likely assault rifles and semi-automatic weapons will remain available to the crazies among us.
I agree. The mother knew her child had mental issues and brought him to the shooting range, had weapons in her home. She taught him to shoot, then he killed her and all those other innocent victims. I just don't get it.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#823181
Dec 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>You are a fool to think this nut wouild not find a way to kill , would they be any less dead if he chained the doors from the outside and set the building on fire and nobody got out, you fuckin liberals are the dumbest things on earth , when the country is at war with its self you liberal egg suckers will only hide and watch anyway , don't tell me my rights I already know them and they wont be infringed .
Trying to burn the school down would have been a miserable failure. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris first attempted to bomb Columbine with propane bottles. A small fire ensued and was quickly dispatched by the building's sprinkler system. Only after that attempt failed did the go on their shooting rampage. Guns are the weapon of choice for American mass killers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,666
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr LMS 97,540
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Natual should be respect 48,918
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr fearless 67,968
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Jews against gambling 68,380
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr andet1987 465
No people will be punchlines in 'Racist Jokes 101' 4 hr FOOK U2 Azz Holes 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••