Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
760,381 - 760,400 of 1,096,626 Comments Last updated 35 min ago
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>NOW HEAR THIS:
(pardon the effrontery, but....)
How 'bout NOT GIVING YOUR 3-YEAR-OLD ACCESS to video games which represent, present, or advocate violence. Or your 13 year old, for that matter.
Who is the PARENT again??????
??????????
(itsthatwhole'personalresponsi bility'thing.)
Use your inside voice please...well on second thought though, considering the composition of the thread inhabitants....

ou who are on the road
Must have a code that you can live by
And so become yourself
Because the past is just a good bye.

Teach your children well,
Their father's hell did slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

And you, of tender years,
Can't know the fears that your elders grew by,
And so please help them with your youth,
They seek the truth before they can die...

Can you hear and do you care and
Cant you see we must be free to
Teach your children what you believe in.
Make a world that we can live in.

Teach your parents well,
Their children's hell will slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry...

So just look at them and sigh and know they love you....
(Crosby, Still and Nash)
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Only someone with the IQ of a green bean would argue anything different sonicfilter! I also believe it's gon take some bloodshed for that to happen in america. It may sound messed up when taken account what we're taking about, but judging by some of the posts left by some of these gun nuts, the outcome is inevitable!
I just don't understand. The actions of the few only gives creedence to the words"we're living in last days. Now it's more like"were living in the last seconds of the last minute of the last day. For the words 20 babies was devoured by the beast to roll off my tongue is sickening. Only cowards (those scared of an old school fist fight) feel the need of a gun. It's Christmas time & that asshole not only killed 28 men, women, & children, but he robbed the rest of us of the spirit of peace & ease we normally feel around this time of year. He stole the innocence of what it means to be a child. His acts were barbaric & savage and though to think about the babies (dead/alive) enrages me, what really gets under my skin is the cowards on ths thread. The lack of remorse & respect you ignorant assholes display is repulsive. Be happy we don't know eachother because I don't know if could hold back from mentally snapping on ya'll.
SORRY! EVERYBODY HAVE A NICE DAY! HUG THEM BABIES A LITTLE BIT LONGER WIT A LITTLE MORE LOVE. We all to pick back up the pieces the best we can & move on!
That kid was MENTALLY ill, of a MENTALLY ill world.

And lashing out at others, calling them names, and wishing to deny their rights to self protection, won't change that fact not one bit.

CT is POLICE state of major gun control factions.

You see, SADLY, it mattered not one iota.

Thou shalt NOT HARM others-LOVE thy neighbors as thyself is FAR more effective.
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to wonder about the "press/paparazi" sometimes too...and just wth these"experts" are that they get some of their MISinformation from!!
"Another law enforcement official, also speaking on condition of anonymity, said Lanza had been diagnosed with Asperger's, a mild form of autism often characterized by social awkwardness...."
People with the disorder are often highly intelligent. While they can become frustrated more easily, there is no evidence of a link between Asperger's and violent behavior, experts say."
----------
Asperger's Disorder may not be the only psychological condition affecting a certain individual. In fact, it is frequently together with other problems such as:
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
Depression (Major Depressive Disorder or Adjustment Disorder with Depressed Mood)
Bipolar Disorder
Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
ODD represents more of a relationship dynamic between a child and the authority figures around her or him, than a disease process itself. Symptoms include argumentativeness with adults, talking back, refusing to follow adults' requests or rules, losing temper, deliberately annoying others, not taking responsibility for one's own actions, and being touchy, angry and resentful all the time. This can happen only at home, or may start at home and may eventually spill over to the school. Most children with ADHD, if untreated, eventually develop ODD because of daily negative feedback and punishment from adults, as a consequence of their impulsive behaviors. It is important to note that depression, in children and adolescents, may present with similar symptoms, rather than the expected symptoms like looking sad and crying frequently. A Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist should be consulted to differentiate the two. There is no medication treatment for ODD. Individual psychotherapy and sometimes family therapy are the best treatment methods.
Why does white people try make up some medical excuse when a white kid flips his lid? When a black kid flips out, I call a spade a spade. Most of these kids are not mentally ill infact they're victims of their parents own ignorance. Allowing the school to classify their children & put them on meds because the child is a lil hyper (ADHD) & every other abbreviated made up diseases. If you tell a kid something is wrong with them , they begin to believe it & use it as an excuse. The system fail these kids for proposes of greed, but their parents failed them also by their ignorance, believing everything schools & doctors say without questioning a thing THATS WRONG!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>The disrespect you show for your President is disturbing. That's what's wrong with children these days, lack of respect for their elected officials. I bet Adam Lanza had no respect for his elected leaders or any other authority and it resulted in the massacre of 20 children and 7 adults.
Seek some counseling...it was people with mindlessness like what you exhibit, that gave Hitler rise to absolute CORRUPTION to power of EVIL.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Fenris the Assangel wrote:
You girls sure are slowin' down... it like wadin' through mud in here. REMEMBER 12/14/12!!! In fact g'head an' bet it on you next Lotto ticket.
Never take life (or anyone elses life either) for granted, for such is precious.

And realize, there's NO such thing as perfection. It helps in doing the above.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Fenris the Assangel wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it can, Cracker, you watch. Sides, how can a man rape his own chile consider hisself "law-abiding?" I know what you did, Cracker... an' you gon' pay fo' it too.
Vengence is an ugly thing dude-and that AINT!!!!! " 'lovin' "!

Now STRAIGHTEN the hell up and get over yerself!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Road to Hell is a corduroy road paved with the bodies of your ilk.
Stalin had photos of him smiling with children taken all the time(read: Josef was the doting father of all the citizens). Stalin murdered upwards of 50 million citizens, give or take a few tens of millions.
"That's what's wrong with children these days, lack of respect for their elected officials."
You are frightfully and dangerously stupid. Stay away from my children.
And, for God's sake, don't let the Boy Messiah pose with them, either.
AMEN!

(flippin nutcases-MORE counselors, less fweeDUHM!!)
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Obama 2016 wrote:
President Obama will be spending the entire day tomorrow consoling the victims of the tragedy. What a great and caring compassionate leader he is. Americans should be proud of their President.
I hope he enjoys the majestic messages of PEACE, in the land of tranquil white steeples!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>
(!)
<quoted text>Not as far as State colleges are concerned. Get a degree at one State College, get a degree in ALL the State Colleges in......my state.
;)
Good point!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a wedgie today, huh?
Get a shorter habit.
"get" AWAY :-)
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Why does white people try make up some medical excuse when a white kid flips his lid? When a black kid flips out, I call a spade a spade. Most of these kids are not mentally ill infact they're victims of their parents own ignorance. Allowing the school to classify their children & put them on meds because the child is a lil hyper (ADHD) & every other abbreviated made up diseases. If you tell a kid something is wrong with them , they begin to believe it & use it as an excuse. The system fail these kids for proposes of greed, but their parents failed them also by their ignorance, believing everything schools & doctors say without questioning a thing THATS WRONG!
Listen skippy, you have digressed WAY off the topic.

The 24 year old had MENTAL problems. Maybe should've been a clue to those living in the same place with him (or wherever he acquired weapons from).

As far as medicating kids-way over done these days. COUNSELING on regular basis, would often most likely achieve FAR better results.
But just try and wing THAT at some of these parents who cannot even confront REALITY themselves, let alone their OWN IMPERFECTIONS.

Don't blame what starts at HOME-on the SYSTEM...they jsut have to deal with the little products people send in every day. DISRUPTIONS,the neglected, the uncared for, the second thoughts and all.

SHAME on THAT stuff!!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Impeach Obama wrote:
Twenty-six people gunned down in a school including 20 small children. Where the hell is Mullah Obama? Oh yeah, planning for his $4 million vacation in Hawaii that we're paying for. Why isn't he on the ground in Newton, Conn. getting a photo op with the grieving parents? Oh I see now, the children were all WHITE children. Now I get it. Like Benghazigate, I'm sure he's hoping this "bump in the road" will soon be behind us.
He is going to Newtown you ignorant POS. His going down there immediately would have been a distraction that police and other public safety officials didn't need.
By the way there were black, Hispanic and Asian students among those killed.
You're an idiot!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Marley wrote:
Shut up.
Shut your mouths.
Just shut up.
For once, just stop the stupidity and have a little respect, give a bit of silence and maybe a prayer for all the babies who died a senseless terrifying death.
They should be home enjoying Christmas lights, and helping wrap gifts, maybe helping to bake cookies...
I respectfully disagree. This horrific incident could provide cover for politicians to take on the NRA and act on gun control law that could prevent more children from fates like this. The more time that passes the more likely assault rifles and semi-automatic weapons will remain available to the crazies among us.
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree. This horrific incident could provide cover for politicians to take on the NRA and act on gun control law that could prevent more children from fates like this. The more time that passes the more likely assault rifles and semi-automatic weapons will remain available to the crazies among us.
Do you even realize how many deaths a gun ban will cause ? You unamerican liberals have caused much of the chaos yourselves if you take away legally owned firearms are the criminals and nut jobs gonna hold your hand and sing cumbaya , don't try to infringe my rights .
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Do you even realize how many deaths a gun ban will cause ? You unamerican liberals have caused much of the chaos yourselves if you take away legally owned firearms are the criminals and nut jobs gonna hold your hand and sing cumbaya , don't try to infringe my rights .
1-A gun ban would have saved the lives of 20 children and 7 adults.
2-These murders were committed with legally owned firearms by a person with no criminal record.
3-You have no right to have a gun unless you are a member of a well organized militia, which you are not.
4-You are an idiot.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security should classify the NRA for what it really is. A terrorist organization. A terrorist organization whose members often advocate the overthrow of the U.S. Government. A terrorist organization whose members often advocate the assassination of the U.S. President. A terrorist organization whose members possess many illegal unregistered firearms. A terrorist organization whose members commit gun crimes on a regular basis. The NRA is a terrorist organization that should be regarded in the same light as Al Qaeda. Many more people have been murdered in America by NRA gun nuts than by all the Islamic terrorists combined.
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
1-A gun ban would have saved the lives of 20 children and 7 adults.
2-These murders were committed with legally owned firearms by a person with no criminal record.
3-You have no right to have a gun unless you are a member of a well organized militia, which you are not.
4-You are an idiot.
You are a fool to think this nut wouild not find a way to kill , would they be any less dead if he chained the doors from the outside and set the building on fire and nobody got out, you fuckin liberals are the dumbest things on earth , when the country is at war with its self you liberal egg suckers will only hide and watch anyway , don't tell me my rights I already know them and they wont be infringed .
sonicfilter

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Do you even realize how many deaths a gun ban will cause ? You unamerican liberals have caused much of the chaos yourselves if you take away legally owned firearms are the criminals and nut jobs gonna hold your hand and sing cumbaya , don't try to infringe my rights .
because in your world children don't have any rights after they're born.

and now with the right wing push to try to keep college students from voting it seems you have to be a least 22 years old before you have any 'rights'. that would also seem to cover right wing azz when we have a shooting at a college.
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
because in your world children don't have any rights after they're born.
and now with the right wing push to try to keep college students from voting it seems you have to be a least 22 years old before you have any 'rights'. that would also seem to cover right wing azz when we have a shooting at a college.
Prove it .
sonicfilter

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

The American Conservative Union....

Conservative Confusion

Within the so-called American conservative movement intellectual and political confusion are today rampant. Hence the following attempt to sort out what is what.

First of all, a conservative is acutely aware of the flawed nature of man. The capacity of human reason is limited. Our existence is ultimately a great mystery. Conservatives recognize that for these reasons we need the best of the human heritage to help guide us.

The Jacobin suffers from no such humility. Who needs history when there are universal principles that are also self-evident? It’s all so clear. Traditions are but historical accidents, props for old elites that should be replaced by the enlightened and virtuous, people like him. Leo Strauss and his disciples have taught us to disdain “the ancestral” and heed only principles of reason.

Conservatives and Jacobins differ profoundly on what ultimately commands our loyalty. Conservatives stand in awe of a higher power. The ancient Greeks spoke of it as the good, the true and the beautiful. Others refer to it as the will of God. This higher reality is, in any case, not some ideological blueprint. To feel obligated to look for and to do the right thing is not the same as to know just what it is in particular circumstances. The complexity and unpredictability of life disincline the conservatives to sweeping, categorical assertions.

The Jacobin is a true believer. He has access to universal principles, you see, and they demand “moral clarity.” You are either for his principles, which makes you virtuous, or you are against them, which makes you evil. It’s all so clear.

To have unquestioning faith in one’s own moral superiority is for Christians the cardinal sin. Only a profoundly conceited person could think that for another to oppose him is by definition morally perverse.

But the Jacobin assumes a right to have his way. Behind his moralism hides a desire to dominate. The hesitation or trepidation that may trouble men of conscience do not deter him. The will to power silences all doubt.

For the conservative, the universal imperative that binds human beings does not announce its purpose in simple, declaratory statements.

http://conservative.org/battleline/conservati...

Only a major intellectual or moral flaw in American conservatism could have made so many susceptible to the neo-Jacobin bug. Many who caught it were myopically preoccupied with practical politics and Republican partisanship. They lacked historical perspective and philosophical discernment. Others dimly recognized what was happening but went along to reap financial rewards and advance careers. They concealed almost from themselves that they had become hired guns advocating the positions expected of them. Both groups made alliances that will prove compromising. Historians will wonder how so many could have been so easily swayed and manipulated.

Today the utopianism, recklessness, cynicism and sheer incompetence of the neo-Jacobins are becoming obvious. Many of their fellow-travelers are trying to save what remains of their reputations by jumping ship. Intellectually challenged supernationalists just raise their voices and call critics unpatriotic. As for the neo-Jacobins themselves, they are blameless. It is those who implemented their policies who should be blamed. They didn’t do it right.

The neo-Jacobin virus should have been flushed out long ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE