Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#823336 Dec 16, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>How many of those countries are free and not oppressed ?
actually all of them except for Qatar

. Chile 0.06
2. Japan 0.07
3. Azerbaijan 0.07
4. South Korea 0.13
5. Qatar 0.18
6. Hong Kong 0.19
7. Mauritius 0.19
8. Romania 0.20
9. Singapore 0.24
10. United Kingdom 0.25
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#823337 Dec 16, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, thanks for the correction, but you got my drift. When people buy guns at gun shows, they can skip the background check, right?
Yes there was a lot of misinformation in the beginning; what a horror. I read that the father learned of it from reporters waiting at his house, imagine that? BTW, that Norwegian got only 21 years for that crime. Unreal.
Not all gun shows, most states currently require background checks even at gun shows. Virginia and Arizona do not for private sales and that's a problem particularly in Virginia.

Politicians are afraid of the NRA__that's the real problem.

Barack Obama is not afraid of the NRA and never has been. Hah!

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#823338 Dec 16, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
No DUHMazz DUH A VEY-extremist TERRORIST THUGS (ie Saddam the insane murdering, corrupt evile DICtator, and bin_laden the psycoTic extreme jihadist wanna be DICtator...) did.
Get it RIGHT, for a CHANGE.
Saddam never attacked the U.S.
nor was he a threat to the U.S.
Saddam did not have ant WMD's

so it was the Bush administration that started that unnecessary, ill conceived, poorly managed fiasco.
sonicfilter

Noblesville, IN

#823339 Dec 16, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Wanna go fishin?
when don't i?

stripers right now at the local lake.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#823340 Dec 16, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
No one knew the BULLMANURE "nobama 2012" spews in the above. I am surprized that you would buy into complete propaganda from a racist and America hater. He would love to see the 2nd. and 22nd. amendments repealed.
Peace
That'll never happen.

But any nation that forces all airplane passengers to remove their shoes, after one failed shoe bomb attempt, yet allows it's citizens murdered at a rate of 32,000 per year by guns, is not evaluating the risks properly. DUH

I own guns. But I am very careful with them always stored broken down, clips kept separate, ammo under lock and key.

Trigger lock keys and ammo safe keys are always on me.

Anyone who keeps a loaded gun around for 'self protection' could end up like this man;

""A Connecticut man shot a masked intruder to death yesterday — only to find out the person he killed was his 15-year-old son.

Jeffrey Giuliano fired at his son Tyler at 1 a.m. in the tony town of New Fairfield as the teen was apparently trying to break into the home of a relative next door to his dad’s.

The elder Giuliano allegedly pulled the trigger as the boy — wearing a ski mask — came at him with what appeared to be a shiny object, sources said.

After the shooting, the elder Giuliano sat at the curbside and waited for cops, unaware of the slain intruder’s identity, a police source said.

A source said the father was in “utter shock.”
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#823341 Dec 16, 2012
Exactly right. Makes one wonder ... Has the World ( people ) gone crazy ( gotten crazier ) OR has the Government. Sleepers? Woken Up?

ALOT of "crazies, lone nut shooters" just popping up(?), don'cha think. And each and every time, The 2nd Amendment issue is brought to the forefront. As it is with this recent shooting. Congress has warned Obama to "proceed with caution" on the issue.

I don't believe ANYTHING is beyond the heinous scope of Government when they want to create and implement "Cause and Reaction".
The killing of innocent children by a controlled/medicated "crazy"
( since every Human Emotion is now deemed a Mental Illness and calls for prescription drug treatment to scatter, shatter, confuse, and make more easy to manipulate the mind ) would be the exact thing to bring about Casual Effect by a panic and frightened Community/Society.
The perfect storm, in the Goverment's favor for its disarmament ( of Law Abiding American Citizens ) agenda. Collateral Damage to a diabolical, demented and deranged Government.
And that's exactly what we've got.
Along with a psychologically sick and twisted Movie and Video Game Industry that has inundated and desensitized our Society in general, and desensitized our Youth < targeted > in particular to killing and violence.

Our Scientific Community ~ Pharmaceutical, Research, Psychiatric, "The Sacred Cows" are just as diabolical, demented and deranged as The Government, Movie and Video Gaming Industries.
It is many various factors "working together", combined to create the mentally ill Society, and psychologically sick and unhealthy/unstable Environment in which we now reside.

Our Country is Spiritually bankrupt in its Soul.

Agree. Assault Weapons should be banned.
The unfortunate truth, criminals will buy them on the black market.

Your first sentence SAYS it ALL.
Key Words: Horrific, Incident, Provide, Cover, Politicians, take on The NRA and Act upon Gun Control Law.

Well, that's exactly what they planned for this "incident" to DO, to ACCOMPLISH.

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
This horrific incident could provide cover for politicians to take on the NRA and act on gun control law that could prevent more children from fates like this. The more time that passes the more likely assault rifles and semi-automatic weapons will remain available to the crazies among us.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#823342 Dec 16, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you show those stats.
Here's one just a couple of weeks ago from the drugged-out, tattooed & pierced Portland mall shooter. Of course, the psychotc leftist mainstream media chose not to publicize the good-hearted actions of this law-abiding gun owner. Fortunately, those same deviates cant erase the fact that it happened.....

http://www.policymic.com/articles/20891/orego...

Location hidden

#823343 Dec 16, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Not all gun shows, most states currently require background checks even at gun shows. Virginia and Arizona do not for private sales and that's a problem particularly in Virginia.
Politicians are afraid of the NRA__that's the real problem.
Barack Obama is not afraid of the NRA and never has been. Hah!
Barack was a coward in his first term.

I hope he fights the good fight this time.

There are lots of Americans, easily a majority, that will support a politician who stands up to the NRA.

The time is NOW for sensible gun control laws.

That does not include taking away legally purchased firearms from citizens who have passed backround checks.

It does include outlawing assault weapons and massive magazines that only allow someone to kill more.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#823344 Dec 16, 2012
Why is/has the Government bought thousands/millions of rounds of Hollow Point Ammunition for "obscure and domestic" Government Agencies?

Appears some of THIS information has been scrubbed from the net.

Do a net search: "governent buying up ammo" ... "government buys ammunition".
Whole page of sites come up BUT click onto, and many of them take you to a page of totally UNRELATED info.

So, when the Government purchases ***large quantities of deadly ammunition, for Agencies that don't "ordinarily" need/use it, that's OK, a good thing as in protecting "Itself".
BUT when American Citizens purchase ammunition to protect themselves and their Familes, they're crazy Militias.

***DHS bought MILLIONS, some articles state BILLIONS, of hollow point rounds. Hollow point rounds are so deadly that The Geneva Convention has forbidden their use in warfare, though Law Enforcement is permitted to use them.

***The DHS, The SSA, The National Weather, Geological Institute. Why?

Then the Government wonders WHY American Citizens are arming themselves. Buying Weapons and Ammo in quantity ?!

http://www.examiner.com/article/department-of...
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#823345 Dec 16, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
That'll never happen.
But any nation that forces all airplane passengers to remove their shoes, after one failed shoe bomb attempt, yet allows it's citizens murdered at a rate of 32,000 per year by guns, is not evaluating the risks properly. DUH
I own guns. But I am very careful with them always stored broken down, clips kept separate, ammo under lock and key.
Trigger lock keys and ammo safe keys are always on me.
Anyone who keeps a loaded gun around for 'self protection' could end up like this man;
""A Connecticut man shot a masked intruder to death yesterday — only to find out the person he killed was his 15-year-old son.
Jeffrey Giuliano fired at his son Tyler at 1 a.m. in the tony town of New Fairfield as the teen was apparently trying to break into the home of a relative next door to his dad’s.
The elder Giuliano allegedly pulled the trigger as the boy — wearing a ski mask — came at him with what appeared to be a shiny object, sources said.
After the shooting, the elder Giuliano sat at the curbside and waited for cops, unaware of the slain intruder’s identity, a police source said.
A source said the father was in “utter shock.”
Nice try, but "no ceegar". Tell the WHOLE story next time, and you might gain a shred of credibilty. The guy acted properly in shooting an armed, drugged-out criminal in the act of a burglary who just COINCIDENTALLY turned out to be his drugged-up, adopted son.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-masked-teen-k...

Location hidden

#823346 Dec 16, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>You first tough guy , I know what I am talking about ,every word ,so don't try to make empty threats you are in over your with this one son.
And yet you're too big a coward to test your theories.

It figures. You'd piss your pants and cry like a baby.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#823347 Dec 16, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me where you live.
Give me a week to case it, and I'll be waiting for you in your home when you arrive.
Would never hurt you, but will give you a great big wake-up call.
Make you think about how much good your guns will do you as you stand there trembling.
If you're really dumb enough to believe your guns can't be taken away, or turned against you, you're dumber than I gave you credit for.
LOL!! You might be able to pull it off in an urban setting (who knows?), but I guarantee you couldn't get within 100 acres w/o me knowing you were there if I happened to be home at the time(via a variety of ways :-)). Of COURSE guns can be turned against someone, just as someone can run you over with your own car or set you aflame with your gasoline and cigarette lighter.

Just a dumb scenario all the way around......
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#823348 Dec 16, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Saddam never attacked the U.S.
nor was he a threat to the U.S.
Saddam did not have ant WMD's
so it was the Bush administration that started that unnecessary, ill conceived, poorly managed fiasco.
Read some history, then try again.(we'll make it simple--start around 1990 or so, see: Desert Storm, Saddam invading Kuwait after stealing it's oil--- that should give any sane person with one actual working brain cell, a clue!)

Or are one of those people that just hate America?

Move elsewhere then.

Location hidden

#823349 Dec 16, 2012
Perhaps the stupidest of all solutions to the gun problem is exactly what the gun lobby is promoting.

"The answer to gun violence is more guns."

That's just like saying;

"the best way to put out a gasoline fire is to pour more gasoline on the fire."

----------

That's how ignorant the arguments from the gun lobby are.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#823350 Dec 16, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, for the first time I remember.
This kid's mother knew he had problems, yet kept weapons in the house.
Gun safes are a joke. I've read about burglars who think they hit the jackpot when they find a gun safe. It's like an advertisement;
"HERE'S WHERE THE GUNS ARE!!"
Trigger locks are a good idea, but you have to go much further when you have children, esp. troubled ones, the weapons should be broken down, with clips and barrels removed from semi-autos, cylinders removed in revolvers.
If you don't know how to break down your guns, you shouldn't own them.
Never have a loaded clip. Keep ammo stored separately under lock and key. The key should be with the gun owner at all times, as with the trigger lock keys.
Beyond our painful agreement that the murderer's Mother was unqualified to own weapons, your points are just not valid. I am armed almost 24 hours a day (I generally dont carry in the shower :-)), but I also have a virtually impenetrable gun safe (to a normal burglar), even though I dont need it in my location/domestic situation. Google is your friend on that aspect.

I hope with all my heart I never have to use a weapon in defense of my life against an armed criminal, but if I do a disassembled, unloaded firarm is worse than not owning one at all....
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#823351 Dec 16, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
Perhaps the stupidest of all solutions to the gun problem is exactly what the gun lobby is promoting.
"The answer to gun violence is more guns."
That's just like saying;
"the best way to put out a gasoline fire is to pour more gasoline on the fire."
----------
That's how ignorant the arguments from the gun lobby are.
That's why we need a modern day, properly plain spoken guidance of RULES to follow in public places again.

SO much IGNORANCE, intolerance, manipulation, greed and disrespect of OTHERS these days.

Wicked, deviant people, OUGHT to be ashamed of themselves!!!

Location hidden

#823352 Dec 16, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try, but "no ceegar". Tell the WHOLE story next time, and you might gain a shred of credibilty. The guy acted properly in shooting an armed, drugged-out criminal in the act of a burglary who just COINCIDENTALLY turned out to be his drugged-up, adopted son.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-masked-teen-k...
Go ask him if it was the 'right thing to do'.

I live in CT. Last I knew, the guy was on suicide watch.

That killing ended three lives. The boy, the stepfather, and his sister, where the incident occurred. They'll never get over it.

Why do you make up lies about the kid?? He had no drugs, legal or illegal in him, you dummy. You want the whole story, yet tell lies about it?? Figures, Chief, you alwasy were a useless POS.

----------

""Giuliano adopted Tyler — who had wanted to join the Air Force — when he was his fifth-grade teacher and after Tyler’s grandmother was no longer able to take care of him.

“He just cared so much. Tyler was such a great boy he couldn’t just leave him,” one of Tyler’s pals said.

The friend, who knew Tyler since the third grade, said no one at New Fairfield HS could make sense of the tragedy or figure out why he might have been breaking into his aunt’s home.

“We didn’t understand why Tyler was out. It’s just weird,” the friend said.“He wasn’t a delinquent or anything. He was always happy and outgoing.

“This just makes no sense at all.”

Tyler played soccer and was one of a only few students in a Civil Air Patrol class at his school.

“He loved flying,” said his friend.

“In class, you get to fly a plane with an instructor at Danbury Airport. It’s a really hard course.”

Story in town was that the kid was a prankster, he did dummb things, but at 15, who doesn't??""

----------

You are still, as always, an ignorant troll.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#823353 Dec 16, 2012
Back to beautiful nature!! Good luck with that gun abolition, leftist nuts. Its being started by Dianne Feinstein, that dimbulb, bimbo hypocrite that single-handedly helped the "nightstalker" Richard Ramirez escape arrest for his crimes. SHE should be prosecuted for terminal stupidity....:-)
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

#823354 Dec 16, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you're too big a coward to test your theories.
It figures. You'd piss your pants and cry like a baby.
You know not of what you speak , heres a little advice don't go around looking for something you don't want to find .
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#823355 Dec 16, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ask him if it was the 'right thing to do'.
I live in CT. Last I knew, the guy was on suicide watch.
That killing ended three lives. The boy, the stepfather, and his sister, where the incident occurred. They'll never get over it.
Why do you make up lies about the kid?? He had no drugs, legal or illegal in him, you dummy. You want the whole story, yet tell lies about it?? Figures, Chief, you alwasy were a useless POS.
----------
""Giuliano adopted Tyler — who had wanted to join the Air Force — when he was his fifth-grade teacher and after Tyler’s grandmother was no longer able to take care of him.
“He just cared so much. Tyler was such a great boy he couldn’t just leave him,” one of Tyler’s pals said.
The friend, who knew Tyler since the third grade, said no one at New Fairfield HS could make sense of the tragedy or figure out why he might have been breaking into his aunt’s home.
“We didn’t understand why Tyler was out. It’s just weird,” the friend said.“He wasn’t a delinquent or anything. He was always happy and outgoing.
“This just makes no sense at all.”
Tyler played soccer and was one of a only few students in a Civil Air Patrol class at his school.
“He loved flying,” said his friend.
“In class, you get to fly a plane with an instructor at Danbury Airport. It’s a really hard course.”
Story in town was that the kid was a prankster, he did dummb things, but at 15, who doesn't??""
----------
You are still, as always, an ignorant troll.
Yeah right, dipshit. A great kid: masked, armed with a knife, and breaking into his neighbor's home. Who knows why; but stupid tragedies happen. Doesnt mean the Dad did the wrong thing (especially in light of what happened Friday). Dont make it sound like he just gunned down his own kid for no reason out of the blue.

Figures you would live in a shthole, urban blue State. How are those strict gun control laws working out there?:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
im single black hndsome 11 min ligolyser 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 56 min Guru 181,708
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 1 hr Silk 81
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr JOEL 70,988
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 7 hr Sublime1 19
Deat Abby 12-16 8 hr Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr TRD 68,875
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago