Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#823209 Dec 16, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
not true. she just liked to target shoot. a hobby that got her killed. any comments on who or what she should be off limits at this point. if not, then shall we all celebrate tomorrow when Rush Limbaugh starts in about 'parasitic lowlife' teachers?
True. Besides the three weapons found at the massacre scene, they found numerous weapons at her home including at least one more assault rifle. All were high tech firearms that a person probably wouldn't purchase for plinking beer cans. Guns were a little more than just a hobby of hers.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#823210 Dec 16, 2012
carol wrote:
We are just becoming a meaner society.
From elected leaders accusing others of wanting people to die and labeling entire segments of the population racists to policemen using taser guns as a first resort instead of the last and exercising excessive force when unnecessary and everything else in between.
It has created an environment of resentment and tension and mean-spiritedness.
We have to at least try to get along and become better role models.
We have to at least try to be a kinder, gentler and more forgiving society.
Or top Republicans such as Michigan's Ron Weiser getting caught on tape telling a Tea Party meeting total fabrications about the "people" of Detroit and then having the gonies to say his remarks were taken out of context rather than simply apologize.

BTW Carol, Rush Limbaugh has played a significant role in the nations current state of political resentment and mean spiritedness.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#823211 Dec 16, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm just saying that guns are the weapon of choice for most American mass murderers. I'm not talking about serial killers like Gayce, Dahmer or Ridgway. I'm talking about mass murder events. The only mass murder event committed by an American that I can think of that didn't involve guns was the Oklahoma City bombing.
Ban all bomb making material too huh?

REGULATIONS might help, but obviously people that do these types of things are out control, think they ca just impose their WHACKED out ways on others, and are in need of a different kind of help!!!! As in PSYCHIATRIC.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#823213 Dec 16, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
1-A gun ban would have saved the lives of 20 children and 7 adults.
2-These murders were committed with legally owned firearms by a person with no criminal record.
3-You have no right to have a gun unless you are a member of a well organized militia, which you are not.
4-You are an idiot.
for about $60 ,10 minutes on the net and a trip to wal mart one could construct a devise that could kill hunderds. What would you bann next?
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#823214 Dec 16, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
not true. she just liked to target shoot. a hobby that got her killed. any comments on who or what she should be off limits at this point. if not, then shall we all celebrate tomorrow when Rush Limbaugh starts in about 'parasitic lowlife' teachers?
Limbaugh should praise Nancy Lanza. She pulled Adam out of the "government school system" and home schooled him. Maybe that's why he had such poor social skills.
carol

Orlando, FL

#823215 Dec 16, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point, when did Fox begin? When did Limbaugh, hannity, beck, levin, et all begin?
I think the political meanness started when our elected leaders started looking out for themselves instead of us.

The resentment of the 2000 election and the events following 9/11, particularly the Iraq War, made it worse.

We have to stop acting like children when we don't get our way. We can disagree without becoming mean and callous toward each other.

It has to start somewhere.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#823216 Dec 16, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Read again: A WELL REGULATED MILITIA...
What is the name of your militia? Is it well armed? Who is it led by? Is it organized? If you have answers to any of those questions, there's a 50/50 chance it should be on a terrorist watch list if it isn't already.
Read the Second Amendment in its totality. Even the Supreme Court has opined on this. Give it a rest. By the way, every family in my cul-de-sac owns and knows how to use a weapon. So I guess I have my militia.....

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#823217 Dec 16, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
Bank robber in VA wore a Mitt Romney mask!!
Obviously a liberal gloating over the election while following Obama's lead by stealing other people's money.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#823218 Dec 16, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
prove what? that Republicans Governors don't care about what kind of schooling our children receive? which somehow doesn't clash with making sure every child born from a crime committed upon a woman is God's 'gift' that we should receive as such??
you people are nuts. but you know why it doesn't bother me anymore? because you're now standing on the side of the road with you thumb out and no one wants to pick you up. you're past history. to be commented on in long winded dissertations on conservative sites that have never felt the need to comment about FOX News non-news.
those would be Real Conservative sites. you should try it. you might learn something NEW!
See, you just proved the REAL truth--there are nutcases in every sector of society-INCLUDING congressional candidates, and to lump, label and box any one group --ANY one group, together-and call it all the same -and then blindly bootlick and blindly follow such--(especially "right")is in itself -- NUTS.

When you think about it anyway.
Itiswhatitis

Stone Mountain, GA

#823219 Dec 16, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>The U.S. Department of Homeland Security should classify the NRA for what it really is. A terrorist organization. A terrorist organization whose members often advocate the overthrow of the U.S. Government. A terrorist organization whose members often advocate the assassination of the U.S. President. A terrorist organization whose members possess many illegal unregistered firearms. A terrorist organization whose members commit gun crimes on a regular basis. The NRA is a terrorist organization that should be regarded in the same light as Al Qaeda. Many more people have been murdered in America by NRA gun nuts than by all the Islamic terrorists combined.
I agree 100% And they have the Nerve to call the Black Panter's "Militants!"
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#823220 Dec 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the political meanness started when our elected leaders started looking out for themselves instead of us.
The resentment of the 2000 election and the events following 9/11, particularly the Iraq War, made it worse.
We have to stop acting like children when we don't get our way. We can disagree without becoming mean and callous toward each other.
That's what REAL grown ups, with some sense, do anyway.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#823221 Dec 16, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Limbaugh should praise Nancy Lanza. She pulled Adam out of the "government school system" and home schooled him. Maybe that's why he had such poor social skills.
See: Aspergers.

And your OWN "social skills" stink to high heaven-in LACKING of.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#823222 Dec 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The Twin Towers were taken down, the Pentagon was destroyed and passengers on an airliner flew themselves into the ground with nothing more than box knives used as weapons.
..box knives :-)
President Obama won with the election .
As a republican you can work to re nominate Romney and Ryan.
Please keep posting fox stuff!
Your posts helped elect President Obama!
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#823223 Dec 16, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Like ..oh...say...
Nidal Malik Hasan.
Ever wonder if mabey YOU're the "idiot"? You should.
The terrible act of workplace violence know as Fort Hood was also committed with a legally purchased firearm by a person with no criminal record. The only solution the day to day massacres is to stop making guns available to anybody!
Itiswhatitis

Stone Mountain, GA

#823224 Dec 16, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>You can thank right-wing racist hate radio and all the Fox News lies for a large percentage of the meanness. When people keep hearing day in and day out that their President and elected leaders are no good bums, they begin lose all hope and resort to violence they would not normally resort to.
You are absolutely dead on!
dem

Chicago, IL

#823225 Dec 16, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously a liberal gloating over the election while following Obama's lead by stealing other people's money.
dont fret, old man.
you dont make enough money to worry about your taxes, unless those idiots you elected keep obstructing the fiscal situation and fk everyone.
dem

Chicago, IL

#823226 Dec 16, 2012
wake and bake
TR Jones

Edison, NJ

#823227 Dec 16, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
The 'Right to Bear Arms' Is Not More Important Than a Child's Right to Grow Up
....after seeing similar scenarios play out over and over again, in schools, movie theaters and malls, I'm ready to throw the 2nd Amendment out the f*cking window. Someone's "right to bear arms" is not more important than a child's right to grow old enough to get to middle school, have her first kiss, see Santa or light the final candles on the Menorah. Having access to a gun cannot take precedence over the safety of our schools. It simply can't.
The answer isn't to wrap our schools in barbed wire and turn them into prisons with pretty murals on the wall and jungle gyms. The answer is to stop ignoring the fact that the availability of guns in this country is literally killing us.
We spend a lot of time teaching our children to be safe. We hold their hands when they cross the street, tell them not to talk to strangers, and strap them in their carseats. It's a pillar of parenting -- stay safe. But sometimes you send your child to school and they don't come back. I don't even know how to process that.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/devon-corneal/r...
The US is about to legislate (like Canada) against speech that hurts feelings, but God forbid Hollywierd is told to "censor" the violence or video game manufacturers are told its not OK to manufacture violent video games.

"We’ve glorified violence to the point that we’ve become numb to it.

If you’re standing on line today to buy “Call of Duty” or tickets to see James Bond in “Skyfall,” or any other entertainment that endorses a License to Kill, you just don’t get it.

While most of us can separate fact from fiction, the sad truth is that there are some who can’t. For them, a kill is something that leads to bonus points on a video game.

The tap of a button, the flip of a joystick, & you can mow down as many old ladies as you want in a video game car chase. There are no consequences. In fact, you get extra lives.'

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#823228 Dec 16, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we should add "Judge not others, lest ye want the world to judged ye with same venom as that with which ye judge" back into the mix too huh?

You know there's actually a term for extremist, "self-perfectionist" people like that--that think their own beings are somehow unflawed--and always "right" (GAG and laugh).

They call them "legalists"--unable to differentiate between the simple fact that the world is NOT made up of simple black/white, right/wrong, issues, and are UNable realize or comprehend, that both are just the tail ends of the spectrum of a whole lot of gray in between!!
It really is a character disorder/flaw--sometimes treatable with professional help of the RIGHT kind of higher orders, for those intelligent enough to realize it--and seek it anyway :-).
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#823229 Dec 16, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Read the Second Amendment in its totality. Even the Supreme Court has opined on this. Give it a rest. By the way, every family in my cul-de-sac owns and knows how to use a weapon. So I guess I have my militia.....
Translation: Every alcoholic tobacco chewing fat redneck goober in my trailer park has a gun and a rebel flag on their pickup truck and all our youngins are named Jim Bob and Honey Boo Boo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 41 min Sunshine 181,798
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 49,183
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 2 hr Roxie Darling 361
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr Roxie Darling 718
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr cheluzal 98,851
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 5 hr barefoot2626 16
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 5 hr Cracker Jack 40
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago