Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
760,221 - 760,240 of 1,082,443 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws require cars to be driven at safe speeds. Laws should also limit the speed bullets are available to the shooter. There is no reason to allow semi-automatic or assault rifles. Many lives would be saved from crazies if these killing tools are limited.
Since when do cruminals obey laws? That's what you loony left wingers don't get. If someone is going to shoot up a school, do you think they care about gun laws?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're leaving the thread if its shown the shooter wasn't on drugs?
This is great!
Is that any way for a libertarian to act?
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>No connection to the NRA and as for the the obama chulren they will be victims their entire life , thanks to dey pappy .
His mother was an avid gun collector and NRA member. She took her sons target shooting on a regular basis.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Those stats don't support your conclusion that its because of the gun law unless you do a comparison with the stats before the law was in place.
Keeerist yer an idiot!
Then get to it, skippy.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>According to Mr. Romney, IIRC,'you deserve the education you can afford'. It's all about priorities: do you 'save' for your kids' college educations, or do you spend what you would otherwise be saving to pay for their orthodontia and guitar lessons now?(Do you invest in your state's college savings plan, or that offered by your employer?) Do you pay close attention to your child's interests, and do your best to encourage them to pursue same, or do you 'decide' for your child that traditional higher education is the only option?
Parenting is not a cake walk, and kids are not gingerbread men.
No, it certainly is not. It's a misconception that affluence insures against the ills that befall our children. I don't know the stats but there have been quite a number of suicides by young people who one would say "but he had everything" as if that is the answer. Mental illness and depression have no boundaries; there are no magic wand cure alls for those that suffer from it and the prescribed anti depressants are experimentally handed out; see how this works for you, if not, try this etc and then sometimes they work and sometimes they backfire and make the person worse.
Personally I don't trust those meds and would advise other forms of getting well besides drugs.
Americans want instant solutions to everything, a happy pill if you're sad, a sleeping pill, diet pill, etc. I think people should excersise more and eat properly. I'm not discounting that clinical depression exists. Many people just abruptly stop taking them, often causing havoc in their minds.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Nostrils Henry Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are touching on an excellent point. Our kids are exposed to violence at a very young age from watching TV and playing games.
The "Savior" Democrats however would "NEVER" go after their cash cow and buddies in Hollywood. The Democrats act as if violence in movies and on TV does not exist.
The Democrat is incapable of logic and seeing past the end of his nose. The Democrat is also lacking in principle and ethics. He ignores negative factors and implications if it suits his NAZI agenda. He even propagandizes news like the NAZI and fascist governments do.
Benghazi was a text book example.
How much violence do you think the average 'cave-child' was exposed to?

I'm thinking "QUITE A BIT" myself. Funny thing though, they didn't have political parties, because they had tribal councils...

We're still cavemen, Waxy. We just have iPhones and inter-continental ballistic missiles now.

The more things change, the more things stay the same, eh?
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY. Those things are worse than crack in making a useless, helpless slug out of a human.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Which published photo? Which network?
The NY Daily News, NYPost, NY Times, Daily Mail; all posted the same photo of the boy from a few years ago. The older brother said he had not seen his brother in 2 years, parents divorced in 2008, both parents educated and pretty well off, father remarried. Sounds like a nice family, the boy had either a personality disorder and or autism. Sad all the way around.
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>They did it successfully in England. They can do it here. Gun crime in England is virtually nonexistent. Children in England aren't afraid to go to school.
Ask England about Americans laying down our guns , they will tell you a whole other story , we are not England and never will be , you think obama is a king ?

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Gee Whiz Ben, what is your definition of a semi-automatic weapon? We'll give you time to look it up, if you don't know?
Definition: Semi-automatic guns are those which fire the round in the chamber, extract it, eject it, and load a new round into the chamber each time the trigger is pulled.
Revolvers and bolt action rifles take more time to fire and have less ammunition in the magazine. These characteristics do not restrict gun owners using guns for self defense but allow more potential victims to escape in attacks when used on unarmed citizens.
What's your point?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it certainly is not. It's a misconception that affluence insures against the ills that befall our children. I don't know the stats but there have been quite a number of suicides by young people who one would say "but he had everything" as if that is the answer. Mental illness and depression have no boundaries; there are no magic wand cure alls for those that suffer from it and the prescribed anti depressants are experimentally handed out; see how this works for you, if not, try this etc and then sometimes they work and sometimes they backfire and make the person worse.
Personally I don't trust those meds and would advise other forms of getting well besides drugs.
Americans want instant solutions to everything, a happy pill if you're sad, a sleeping pill, diet pill, etc. I think people should excersise more and eat properly. I'm not discounting that clinical depression exists. Many people just abruptly stop taking them, often causing havoc in their minds.
I'm begging you, Lil. PLEASE don't get me started on our medicated nation. The entire society is sick, BECAUSE of the pills, not in spite of them. I have to stop now, or I'll be here all night making passionate declarations on the subject of natural and homeopathic medicine...the core of which is prevention...

I'll shut up now.

:)
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>The 2nd amendment shall not be infringed upon , the USA will not be disarmed by anyone ,EVER!
There is absolutely nothing in the 2nd amendment that gives average citizens the right to possess guns. Only the members of a well regulated militia, i.e the police and military, have the right to possess guns. 44.44% of Supreme Court members agree.
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Definition: Semi-automatic guns are those which fire the round in the chamber, extract it, eject it, and load a new round into the chamber each time the trigger is pulled.
Revolvers and bolt action rifles take more time to fire and have less ammunition in the magazine. These characteristics do not restrict gun owners using guns for self defense but allow more potential victims to escape in attacks when used on unarmed citizens.
What's your point?
Most .22 rifles that are semi hold qver 15 rounds , wanna ban those too ?

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when do cruminals obey laws? That's what you loony left wingers don't get. If someone is going to shoot up a school, do you think they care about gun laws?
Career criminals aren't the ones shooting up schools. Guns used in these crimes are guns that are legally owned and readily available. That's what loony right wingers don't get.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

NBC’s Pete Williams reported Saturday on the Today Show that Adam Lanza was allegedly involved in an altercation at Sandy Hook Elementary School the day before the shooting.

Attempting to answer the question of why Lanza may have chosen this particular school, Williams stated that it has been confirmed now that Lanza’s mother did not work full-time at the school, despite previous reports. However, officials told NBC that on Thursday, December 13, Lanza was involved in an “altercation” at the school which involved himself and four other staff members. Of the four, three were murdered in yesterday’s shooting spree and the fourth is currently being interviewed by federal and state investigators.

Williams said though we still don’t know the “substance or nature” of the argument, the staff member’s testimony might be an “important piece of information” for discerning motive in this
case.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/adam-lanza-reporte...
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>There is absolutely nothing in the 2nd amendment that gives average citizens the right to possess guns. Only the members of a well regulated militia, i.e the police and military, have the right to possess guns. 44.44% of Supreme Court members agree.
So whats your point , over half of this country wants their rights uninfringed and we happen to be the ones with the guns , from your posts I just think you are trying to encite , nothing more .
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point?
Nobody needs a revolver or bolt action rifle or any other gun in their home. Both the Sandy Hook shooter and the Portland Mall shooter stole their weapons from "law abiding gun owners". If the "law abiding gun owners" did not have guns in their homes, neither of these tragedies would have occurred. It's time for America to get rid of all these guns.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

<quoted text>I'm begging you, Lil. PLEASE don't get me started on our medicated nation. The entire society is sick, BECAUSE of the pills, not in spite of them. I have to stop now, or I'll be here all night making passionate declarations on the subject of natural and homeopathic medicine...the core of which is prevention...
I'll shut up now.
I hear you Sister. I am like minded.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Ask England about Americans laying down our guns , they will tell you a whole other story , we are not England and never will be , you think obama is a king ?
Our kids are not afraid to go to school because of the threat of gunmen. They're afraid to go to school because their teachers have no recourse to inter-class bullying, stultifying boredom, or mandatory curriculae. Their peers are time-bombs, their 'counselors' are bean-counters, their teachers are automatons, their Principals are giant walking feet of clay, and their parents are oblivious.

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>I'm begging you, Lil. PLEASE don't get me started on our medicated nation. The entire society is sick, BECAUSE of the pills, not in spite of them. I have to stop now, or I'll be here all night making passionate declarations on the subject of natural and homeopathic medicine...the core of which is prevention...
I'll shut up now.
The nation is sick due to the additives, preservatives, sugars and other poisons put in today's food by giant corporations like Mcdonalds.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>There is absolutely nothing in the 2nd amendment that gives average citizens the right to possess guns. Only the members of a well regulated militia, i.e the police and military, have the right to possess guns. 44.44% of Supreme Court members agree.
Trust me - a coalition of 'average citizens' in my neck of the woods, will be a well-regulated militia in a matter of days, if not hours. We don't just own guns here, we practice using them. And if nothing else, the people on my block (there are 3 families) are a community. We know what it means to work together.

We're not afraid - we're circumspect, observant, and prepared.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 10 min Nono 3,836
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min Jacques from Ottawa 174,973
Chicago the murder capital of the U.S.? Let's g... 49 min Mr Magoo 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,563
Abby 7-29 1 hr edogxxx 1
Amy 7-28 1 hr edogxxx 17
Am 7-29 1 hr edogxxx 1
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••