Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
759,921 - 759,940 of 1,079,020 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>It will be the undoing of his presidency , the catalyst to revolution you might say , he had better tread lightly on this one this very well may be his waterloo.
Actually,it cast the right in a bad light as defenders of all types of guns for all people, at all times, in all places.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Lily,

"Paradoxically though it may seem, art imitates life far more tham life imitates art"

Oscar Wilde
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't see the President address the American people yesterday on this subject? That brought him and millions of Americans to tears?
Must have been that "bump" you got on your head. gfy dummie
You fell for the "fake tears" scam while he read his "heartfelt" statements from a piece of paper that one of his junior staffers wrote? He couldn't give a rat's ass about those children just like he doesn't give a rat's ass about the children he murders on a daily basis with his drones. He only sees this as a possible way to take away more of our rights. You're a bigger sucker than most Obama supporters.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Lily,
I mean exactly what I say.
He was a copycat killer with learned hatered, primarily from the mass media.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
They said prove it.
The video was staged by Breitbart.
That' BS.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Which weasel shooter are you guys talking about today? The failed loser in Portland, or the succesful loser in Conneticut? Both video game playing, "generation zero" goth losers carrying out their unspeakable evil in unarmed blue States? Hmmmmph. You guys love to spend other people's money. Mandate two qualifed staff members secretly armed in each school, and the risk is greatly diminished.

Duh...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Ipsos/Reuters Poll: Gun Rights & Regulations

Americans are broadly supportive of restrictions or regulations on gun ownership.

Only 6% say there should be no or very few restrictions on gun ownership.
62% oppose allowing people to bring a firearm into a church, workplace or retail establishment.
91% support background checks for gun purchasers.
69% support limiting the number of guns a person could purchase in a given time frame.
74% support laws limiting the sale of automatic weapons.

However, Americans are also broadly supportive of a number of pro-gun laws including:

Majorities support concealed carry laws and allowing the use of deadly force, both in homes and public places.

Framing this discussion, Americans remain concerned with crime and are concerned about what is to be done about it.

Almost half of Americans think crime rates are going up in their communities.
Significant majorities do not think police can stop all crime from happening
As a consequence, large majorities believe regular people need to step up to prevent crimes (leading to the Trayvon Martin incident).

http://www.ipsos-na.com/news-polls/pressrelea...
Fenris the Archangel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>I'd be much happier in a world without Muslims. Ban them all too.
Add the word "extremist" to the end of "Muslim", and I'm down...
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Obama haters also seem to hate children

We’ve endured too many of these tragedies in the past few years. And each time I learn the news I react not as a President, but as anybody else would -- as a parent. And that was especially true today. I know there’s not a parent in America who doesn’t feel the same overwhelming grief that I do.

The majority of those who died today were children -- beautiful little kids between the ages of 5 and 10 years old. They had their entire lives ahead of them -- birthdays, graduations, weddings, kids of their own. Among the fallen were also teachers -- men and women who devoted their lives to helping our children fulfill their dreams.

So our hearts are broken today -- for the parents and grandparents, sisters and brothers of these little children, and for the families of the adults who were lost. Our hearts are broken for the parents of the survivors as well, for as blessed as they are to have their children home tonight, they know that their children’s innocence has been torn away from them too early, and there are no words that will ease their pain.

As a country, we have been through this too many times. Whether it’s an elementary school in Newtown, or a shopping mall in Oregon, or a temple in Wisconsin, or a movie theater in Aurora, or a street corner in Chicago -- these neighborhoods are our neighborhoods, and these children are our children. And we’re going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics.

This evening, Michelle and I will do what I know every parent in America will do, which is hug our children a little tighter and we’ll tell them that we love them, and we’ll remind each other how deeply we love one another. But there are families in Connecticut who cannot do that tonight. And they need all of us right now. In the hard days to come, that community needs us to be at our best as Americans. And I will do everything in my power as President to help.

Because while nothing can fill the space of a lost child or loved one, all of us can extend a hand to those in need -- to remind them that we are there for them, that we are praying for them, that the love they felt for those they lost endures not just in their memories but also in ours.

May God bless the memory of the victims and, in the words of Scripture, heal the brokenhearted and bind up their wounds.

President Obama
Fenris the Archangel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly the sort of mind-set it takes to use weapons against kindergarten kids. You do know the gubmint reads these forums, right? I hope they catch you before you carry out this plan.
:)
It's about TIME someone figured out "dem" from Chicago is pure evil, but then you always were a supersleuth....
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually,it cast the right in a bad light as defenders of all types of guns for all people, at all times, in all places.
President Obama acts and the detractors post racist and illogical tripe.
Republicans on the side of the gun nuts.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

loose cannon wrote:
Lily,
I mean exactly what I say.
He was a copycat killer with learned hatered, primarily from the mass media.
You don't know that. There have been limited comments about this boy,
autistic and personality disorder being two of them. The guns belonged to his mother who it has been reported was a gun collector. He grew up in an affluent community with caring educated parents. It has been reported that he was highly intelligent, honor roll student but a sort of geek and a loner.
There are many kids just like him out there; this is a horrible nightmare that there are no easy answers for. If she didn't have those guns, would he have been able to accomplish this on his own? Maybe yes; maybe no. Nevertheless an entire town and 28 families are destroyed, just before Christmas. What a horror.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Gun Advocacy Group Responds:‘Gun Control Supporters Have The Blood Of Little Children On Their Hands’
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/12/14/1...
how ignorant must you be to think that that sort of statement would help your cause?
Why not? If the leftists allowed two secretly armed & qualifed staff members in the school, we might not be having this conversation today.
Redguy

Palatka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! When was the last time you heard of a conservative guerrilla, or a right wing rebel? Here's how it works: People who change things are progressive - even if it takes violence (the founding fathers, for one example), then after some time the new establishment petrifies and starts romanticizing "the good old days" that never existed and blames the left for every bump and aberration. The right will always maintain that the woes and wrongs are none of their doing, and that the successes of new ideas that they absolutely would have opposed are their greatest achievements.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Redguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly the guns they bought and sold were for hunting, target use and personal protection. They were just selling out of their private collection. As any good NRA spokesman would point out, many gun owners would cherish the ability to have 647 firearms, but few can afford to own them all at one time.
I highly doubt that the people who deal in guns like this give a damn what a person does with it. It's all about the money. And, they were cops! Cops were also busted in Texas selling drugs and taking money from the drug dealers.
It's all fun and games till your kid is murdered. Perhaps everyone should look at it from their eyes.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
Unless we are ready to be a nation of vegetarians, "reasonable" hunting weapons should not be banned. It is no more ethically defensible to let someone kill an animal for us than killing the animal ourselves. There are legitimate arguments on both sides regarding the humanity in the way in which the animal is killed but that's a debate for another time.
That being said, the weapon may be a bow, guns aren't necessary to hunt.
And, the argument regarding the 2nd Amendment provision to arm a militia to protect us from our government is moot. We might as well use rocks against the weapons that the government arsenal has in it.
I'd be much happier in a world without guns, ban them all.
Start by turning in yours, Pops. We cant have mental-defective, doddering old fools running around armed....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Why Most Mass Murderers Are Privileged White Men

"Every killer makes his pain another’s problem. But only those who’ve marinated in privilege can conclude that their private pain is the entire world’s problem with which to deal."

http://www.rolereboot.org/culture-and-politic...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

What is your No. 1 priority on gun control?

Get a national conversation started on the subject

7% 525 votes

Loosen existing gun-control laws.

0% 40 votes

Keep existing gun-control laws about the way they are.

1% 69 votes

Pass more effective laws to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous, mentally unstable individuals.

16% 1134 votes

Outlaw high-capacity magazines for semi-automatic handguns and rifles.

14% 1015 votes

Restore the ban on private possession of semi-automatic civilian versions of military assault rifles.

22% 1534 votes

Ban private possession of semi-automatic handguns.

8% 568 votes

Ban private possession of all modern handguns.

3% 212 votes

Ban possession of all handguns.

6% 424 votes

A gun for every teacher and principal.

1% 78 votes

Repeal the 2nd Amendment.

12% 874 votes

I don't know

3% 248 votes

Other

1% 102 votes

6826 votes
Fenris the Archangel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know that. There have been limited comments about this boy,
autistic and personality disorder being two of them. The guns belonged to his mother who it has been reported was a gun collector. He grew up in an affluent community with caring educated parents. It has been reported that he was highly intelligent, honor roll student but a sort of geek and a loner.
There are many kids just like him out there; this is a horrible nightmare that there are no easy answers for. If she didn't have those guns, would he have been able to accomplish this on his own? Maybe yes; maybe no. Nevertheless an entire town and 28 families are destroyed, just before Christmas. What a horror.
A video-game playing, non-athletic (or "anything) participating, fantasy world weasel failure from generation zero. A lot more where that came from. Keep buying your reject children those phones & playstations folks.....
Nostrils Henry Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Redguy wrote:
<quoted text>
People have been killing people since the beginning, whether it was with a stone or stick, it is safe to say it was almost always with a weapon.
A pocketknife is a tool, a bayonet is for stabbing. A car is for transportation, and tank is for battle. A Winchester 70 is for hunting, the AR was invented to kill humans.
I appreciate machines for their design and quality, but they remain JUST machines and I do not worship them. Many 2nd amendment enthusiasts cross that line. Rationally, a firearm is just an assemblage of levers and tubes. To the irrational, it is a thing of power and beauty.
The problem with your argument is the old bait & switch routine and dishonest method you diabolical Democrats use.

OK - say we ban the AR. Then your argument above with your "revelation" changes from AR to the next level and eventually there is a total ban on all guns.

Another problem with your argument is that many more people are killed daily by handguns in cites that are infested with Democrats. Granted, this was an awful tragedy, however considering 10 times as many blacks as whites kill each other every year. In 2009, there were 16,197 homicides and guess what, most of those by far were by hand guns illegally owned.

You are making a case without being fact based and as a typical libtard, simply going on emotion.

Go to page 10 here to see data. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr...

The diabolical, dishonest Democrat will stop at nothing to take away freedom and trample the constitution. What was that saying by President Axlered? I believe it was never let a good disaster go to waste, or something like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 min edogxxx 97,516
Abby 7-24 11 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-24 14 min edogxxx 1
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 17 min lolol 12
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min wojar 174,513
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 45 min Alon 67,898
Cheap Tomatoes 4 hr KidsWillSellTomatoesCHEAP 3
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••