Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#822698 Dec 15, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>So? She is stupid and she's a liar too.
She's a Rhodes scholar, a graduate of Stanford. McCain made a fool of himself; but wasn't he a C student?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#822699 Dec 15, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
I treat you with respect when I direct a post to you, thou often I disagree with what you post. Cut the BS, point out a lie in my post. Just one lie.
Peace
Fck, that almost made me laugh out loud!

"I treat you with respect".

What a fuggin moron.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#822700 Dec 15, 2012
loose cannon wrote:
Lily,
Gangsta Rap promotes crime, violence, profanity, homophobia, racism, promiscuity, misogeny, alcoholism, rape, steet gangs, drive-by shootings, vandalism, burglary, thievery, drug dealing, substance abuse and materialism.
loose
So does country music.
Redguy

Palatka, FL

#822701 Dec 15, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
American Exceptionalism?
I don't know, I have some things that I consider. This has been a fringe subject here thus far.
I'd like to pose the following to the group:
Mental health law changed in the 70's, used to be easier to put dangerous people away and keep them there; not anymore. Coincidentally, that's about when these incidents started occurring.
Thoughts?(for once can we maybe just discuss an issue without trying to leverage this incident against either liberals or conservatives?)
How much are we spending putting people away for non violent offenses? Is it at all logical to convict and lock up people who are delinquent in their child support payments? We ended debtor prisons decades ago. What kind of sense does it make to prosecute someone who shoplifts a candy bar on the 3 strikes rule? The system is screwed up 6 ways to Sunday and needs a complete review and revamp.

Location hidden

#822702 Dec 15, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you feel that way.
But I was standing against those things.
Because we lost our way because of them.
Whether or not we "lost our way" your whole cabal does nothing but increase the level of lying and divisiveness in this country.

I can't believe you can post the crap you post with a straight face!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#822703 Dec 15, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Nearly every household in Switzerland has a gun, many are full-auto capable military assault rifles. Don't know of any similar incidences there.
It's hard to compare a mostly lawful obedient society such as Switzerland to the U.S.; also I think that there are provisions that they have to be unloaded and locked up. Nevertheless, mass shootings have happened and mental illness has no borders.

Mass shooting reveals dark side of Swiss society

By Peter Schwarz
9 October 2001

Just after 10am on September 28, Friedrich Leibacher made his way into the parliament building of the Swiss canton of Zug and unleashed a bloodbath. In total, 14 people were shot dead. Three of the seven members of the local Zug government were killed, and another was seriously wounded. Eleven of the 80 members of the canton council were shot dead and numerous others wounded. Two journalists were also badly injured.

The 57-year-old Leibacher entered the lakeside government building dressed in an army jacket bearing a “Police” insignia. Apart from a combat rifle, he was also armed with an SIG-Sauer pistol, as well as Remington and Smith & Wesson revolvers. He ran up the stairs to the council chamber and cried,“Attention! This is a police operation”. He then shot three people standing in front of the room before bursting into the chamber, where he opened fire for about four minutes, shooting deputies, government members and journalists, cursing them the whole time. He fired over 90 shots in all.
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2001/oct2001/swi...
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#822704 Dec 15, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Nearly every household in Switzerland has a gun, many are full-auto capable military assault rifles. Don't know of any similar incidences there.
Because everyone Swiss is required to serve in the militia for 10 years and can take the military-issued guns home. They have a well trained well regulated militia. America has alcoholic tobacco chewing gun nuts.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#822705 Dec 15, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
American Exceptionalism?
I don't know, I have some things that I consider. This has been a fringe subject here thus far.
I'd like to pose the following to the group:
Mental health law changed in the 70's, used to be easier to put dangerous people away and keep them there; not anymore. Coincidentally, that's about when these incidents started occurring.
Thoughts?(for once can we maybe just discuss an issue without trying to leverage this incident against either liberals or conservatives?)
Horse doovers!!

The problem is violence in our society. Look at some of the comments here. You've got people calling for more guns to fend off other guns.
Next they'll call for arming children for them to self protect!!

Guns don't kill people.

People with guns kill people.

So long as we have people who believe you need a gun to protect yourself, we'll have mass killings. How better to protect yourself than going on offense and killing those you feel wronged you??

After all, these guns were registered to his mother. How good did they protect her??

That's what these nitwits don't understand. They have no idea how easy it is for someone to get ahold of their guns.

Example: they think they are always in control of their weapons. That's only true for the wheelchair bound shut-ins like Nobraina.

Those who work, or leave the house to go for dinnr, shopping, etc., leave their guns at home, ready to be taken. They may carry one with them, but I doubt any of these types own only one gun.

This insane belief that the ony way to avoid gun violence is to arm the population is the cause for this.

It is the stupidest form of illogical thought I've seen.

It's like the Zimmermn story. A coward who made himself feel brave by becoming an unauthorized block watch idiot. Then he followed Trayvon and got into a fight, he wasn't man enough to take a beating, he had to pull a gun.

That's the natue of these nitwits. Just look at the comments from Fenris the Coward or Romey-Ryan2012 to see how sick the right wingnuts are.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#822707 Dec 15, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
We already implemented mandatory drug testing for welfare recipients in FL. The results, after spending millions?
2% tested positive.
Nice try, stay stupid.
Good, they caught 2% which means a myriad stayed off while being tested....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#822708 Dec 15, 2012
Redguy wrote:
<quoted text>
How much are we spending putting people away for non violent offenses? Is it at all logical to convict and lock up people who are delinquent in their child support payments? We ended debtor prisons decades ago. What kind of sense does it make to prosecute someone who shoplifts a candy bar on the 3 strikes rule? The system is screwed up 6 ways to Sunday and needs a complete review and revamp.
What about pharmaceutical companies reaping billions in profits, creating millions of addicts and the poor slob on the street selling a few pills of painkillers goes to prison for 10 years?
The rightwingers would likely want a return to debtors prisons.
The War on Drugs is a failure and has only facilitated wholesale warehousing of people and taking away their rights. Creating felons is the only legal way to discriminate against a person; preventing that person from ever being able to overcome it; can't rent an apartment, get a loan, go to school, get a job, vote...thereby almost guaranteeing that persons return to the system. It's sick.
Nostrils Henry Waxman

Windsor, CT

#822709 Dec 15, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't the kid originally from New Jersey? That could explain a lot of his problems.
His parents were big Union Democrats too.

Must be Bush's fault.
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

#822710 Dec 15, 2012
Redguy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely correct , no more early releases , no parole no probation 3rd strike for any reason send em to the front lines of any of obamas multiple ongoing wars unarmed , NEXT.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#822711 Dec 15, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text> I know a guy named Hussein Obama. He IS a terrorist. He uses unmanned drones to murder scores of children on a daily basis.
Yeah, and he sits in his high back chair and orders it
Nostrils Henry Waxman

Windsor, CT

#822712 Dec 15, 2012
Redguy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Infested with Democrats?"
So you think that street thugs, drug dealers and Grand Theft Auto playing losers are posses of Democrat activists? What planet are you from? 90% of the country's citizens can't even tell you who their senators are.
Did you notice that many of the 10 states where gun deaths outnumber vehicular deaths are primarily low population white states? Does your "argument" hold for Alaska, Nevada, Utah, Oregon, Washington? So which is it, are white guys better drivers or better shots?
My statement is that guns are machines, and anybody who has any inkling of design understand the most basic tenet - form follows function. When you LOOOVE your machines, you have crossed over to the Twilight Zone, my friend.
Your argument that a ban on extraordinary and military firearms is the gateway to outlawing all guns is the fear mongering nonsense straight from the NRA playbook. That's like saying everybody who has gotten drunk or high is going to end up shooting meth.
You forgot to tell us the cow jumped over the moon, libtard.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#822713 Dec 15, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether or not we "lost our way" your whole cabal does nothing but increase the level of lying and divisiveness in this country.
I can't believe you can post the crap you post with a straight face!
That's why I posted last week that I have thought she must be laughing her head off while posting that crap.
sonicfilter

Noblesville, IN

#822714 Dec 15, 2012
Every Day is the Day to Talk About Gun Control

A permissive gun regime is not the only reason that the United States suffers so many atrocities like the one in Connecticut. An inadequate mental health system is surely at least as important a part of the answer, as are half a dozen other factors arising from some of the deepest wellsprings of American culture.

Nor can anybody promise that more rational gun laws would prevent each and every mass murder in this country. Gun killings do occur even in countries that restrict guns with maximum severity.

But we can say that if the United States worked harder to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people, there would be many, many fewer atrocities like the one in Connecticut.

And I'll say: I'll accept no lectures about "sensitivity" on days of tragedy like today from people who work the other 364 days of the year against any attempt to prevent such tragedies.

It's bad enough to have a gun lobby. It's the last straw when that lobby also sets up itself as the civility police. It may not be politically possible to do anything about the prevalence of weapons of mass murder. But it damn well ought to be possible to complain about them - and about the people who condone them.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/12...

Location hidden

#822715 Dec 15, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Obama pro-choice for any reason and at any stage of pregnancy? Did he vote "present" against partial birth abortions in the Illinois State Senate?
A present vote doesn't count one way or the other. That's not taking a stand.
It is not a lie.
Ok once more for the insanely stupid:

The proposed law was identical to existing law except for a minor provision that opened the door to banning abortion entirely.

This has been explained to you repeatedly so you're either a liar or suffering dementia.

BTW, I'm sure you meant "pro-life" which in itself is as retarded as "pro-abortion", and you whine about "lying and divisiveness".

Here's a thought: you stated earlier that Obama didn't have respect for life in the womb, another divisive lie y'all like to flog. The issue isn't that anybody is "pro-abortion", they are pro-choice and their entire argument is framed this way. Y'all lie and twist it to suit your own authoritarian purposes, you want the government to impose your "morals". Saying a pro-choicer doesn't respect life in the womb is identical to saying pro-gun folks have no respect for any human life because people die sometimes as the result of the availability of guns.

Get it?
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

#822716 Dec 15, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Because everyone Swiss is required to serve in the militia for 10 years and can take the military-issued guns home. They have a well trained well regulated militia. America has alcoholic tobacco chewing gun nuts.
I didn't know that the inner city brothers chewed .
sonicfilter

Noblesville, IN

#822717 Dec 15, 2012
NRA Under Twitter, Facebook Attack After Newtown Shootings

At the time of writing, the NRA's Facebook page appears to be down. As for its Twitter account, which usually updates three to four times a day, it's been silent since 9:39 a.m., about the time the shootings began.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/nra-...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#822718 Dec 15, 2012
Nostrils Henry Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are touching on an excellent point. Our kids are exposed to violence at a very young age from watching TV and playing games.
The "Savior" Democrats however would "NEVER" go after their cash cow and buddies in Hollywood. The Democrats act as if violence in movies and on TV does not exist.
The Democrat is incapable of logic and seeing past the end of his nose. The Democrat is also lacking in principle and ethics. He ignores negative factors and implications if it suits his NAZI agenda. He even propagandizes news like the NAZI and fascist governments do.
Benghazi was a text book example.
Sue. And all the nitwits who talked of '2nd amendment solutions' in 2010 are just peace loving Republiclowns, right??

They taught our children thaa it's ok to threaten politicians they disagree with by speaking of shooting them.

Fact is, it's the right that has turned America inoa gun culture.

Or are you suggesting that the NRA s a liberal institution??

Never saw a liberal ask for more lax gun laws. But th NRA does it daily.

After all, it's the NRA that insists we all need guns, whle you stupidly blame anti-gun types.

Waxballs is the most ignorant, dumb POS on this thread. With his stupid stories about make believe children and success he's never had in life, he's a troll o the worst sort.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 32 min KiMare 50,656
Amy 10-24 52 min your poor wife 15
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 179,475
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Wolverine33 654
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ratloder 68,672
Rattlesnake Logic 4 hr i need a bump to 22
food for thought 4 hr reality is a crutch 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]