Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
759,841 - 759,860 of 1,080,431 Comments Last updated 15 min ago

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You demanded that I "show" you JUST ONE example where someone had to work without pay.
I did so.
I can argue any point and come out on top, beating you is not a challenge.
If 'beating me' is your goal, you have strange priorities. You don't even know me.

And volunteerism isn't a job. But it was a nice try.

:)

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my post again. You missed something important.
Lord Fetch intentionally misses points all the time.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Screw your so-called second amendment rights. Screw your so-called right to bear arms. Your rights end where America's children's safety begins.
we should ban Automobiles & Alcohol then since driving is not a right.

Drunk Drivers Cause More Deaths Than Firearms

http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/article/85...
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nobama 2012"
Fuckyou!!!!!!!!!
Get off your dead ass and come get my guns. president nobama can not ban guns.
Lets ban automobiles, they kill far more American's every year than do guns.
You are a stupidsonofabitch, but understand guns do not kill people, people kill people. Were you born dumb or do you practice?
Peace
KMA
1-President Obama CAN and WILL ban guns during his second term. There are legal ways to do it and he has the support of a majority of the American people.
2-Unlike guns, automobiles are not specifically designed to kill people.
3-People kill people with guns because guns are so plentiful. There are three guns for every man woman and child in America.
4-You're an idiot.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Three bombings in Bath Township, Michigan, on May 18, 1927, killed 38 elementary school children, two teachers, four other adults and the bomber himself; at least 58 people were injured. Most of the victims were children in the second to sixth grades (711 years of age).
It's the culture of hatred and the lack of a moral compass.
We're reaping the whirlwind.
Wiki - Bath School disaster: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disa...

Wiki - List of school-related attacks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school-r...

There is nothing new beneath the Sun.

---- French Proverb

Including Gun Control Nuts.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama doesn't have authority to ban guns
President Obama is a shrewd politician. I am confident he will find a way and he has the support of the American people.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>If 'beating me' is your goal, you have strange priorities. You don't even know me.
And volunteerism isn't a job. But it was a nice try.
:)
"Mandatory volunteerism" is a job that the person did NOT volunteer to do.

If you are too lazy to read the article then don't reply to the comment you stupid troll.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Nostrils Henry Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, liberals & Democrats should not have access to guns.
Rich Democrats in action.
http://newtownctdemocrats.org/democrats-in-ac...
They were his Democrat Union (Teacher) Mother's guns.
good point!
here is what sliver203 posted back in 2007 about Connecticut and Newtown and he said too "If you don't want to live among Liberals, then Connecticut may not be the place for you. Even the conservatives here, as I stated before, lean more left than your average American Republican." which dont say too much about Connecticut which I already knew that New England States are Ultra Liberal which dont matter if Republican or Democrat and Romney was Proof.

12-17-2007, 02:35 AM
sliver203

Southwestern Connecticut is among the most conservative areas in New England - mostly fiscally - but would be considered more socially liberal to those in the south and the heartland. Westport leans more liberal but still has a good percentage of conservatives.

The very wealthy towns of Greenwich, Darien, New Canaan, Ridgefield and Wilton vote overwhelmingly Republican. If you can't afford homes in these towns (the median price being close to or over $1m in most of the "Gold Coast" area), then other very conservative communities in SW Connecticut are Southbury, Oxford, Middlebury, Shelton, Easton, Monroe, Newtown, Seymour and Brookfield. These towns are also more fiscally conservative than socially, and prices are cheaper than those in lower Fairfield. Still, most of these communities are within a 30 minute drive to Bridgeport and Norwalk.

If you don't want to live among Liberals, then Connecticut may not be the place for you. Even the conservatives here, as I stated before, lean more left than your average American Republican.

As for eastern CT (Groton area), the towns there are generally more liberal than further west. I believe the vast majority of Middlesex, New London and Tolland Counties are very liberal.

I guess it all depends on what you can afford. If you want a conservative community and can afford the price tag of $800k and up, consider Greenwich, Darien and Wilton. If prices in the 500s are more realistic for you, then consider Southbury, Newtown or Oxford where you can get more house for your money.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/connecticut/21...

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>and guns right?
Of course. It was how the West was won and is the bulwark against urban violence today. Long live CCW. Long live the 2nd Amendment.

Crawl back into your hole. We'll protect your cute little pansy:}
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>My husband was saying that this morning as well - that we send kids of 18 off to foreign lands to kill people, witness horrible things, and follow orders without question, yet we're perfectly willing to bring the survivors home to re-enter society without jobs, mental-health services, or having re-instilled the idea that killing one's problems is never the only answer.
More on the family of the killer in the NYT etc apparently the killer was autistic, the mother hadn't worked at that school for a few years. What a disaster
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

whooyaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Without firearms innocent victims couldn't protect themselves against the criminals.
Get rid of the criminals and crime will also decrease.
Believe it or not that will stop crime quicker than outlawing guns ever will. A good place to start would be your minority ghetto's where 80%+ crime occurs.
So you're suggesting the 5-year-olds that were murdered today could have protected themselves if they had been armed?
Good people become criminals because they have guns.
Columbine, Co., Aurora, Co., Portland, Or. and Newton Conn. are not minority ghettos.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Like you don't remember when Clinton's "mandatory volunteerism" hit the news in the 1990's?
http://www.examiner.com/article/the-secrets-b...
Obama expanded it to include children under the age of 18.
Mussolini's Blackshirts. Hitler's Brownshirts. Mao's Red Guards and The Long March(Barack Obama's "The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep,")

The Boy Messiah's GIVE. The Boy Messiah's Black Panthers.

There is nothing new beneath the Sun

--- French Proverb.

Evil moves.

--- Elie Wiesel
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. It was how the West was won and is the bulwark against urban violence today. Long live CCW. Long live the 2nd Amendment.
Crawl back into your hole. We'll protect your cute little pansy:}
The west was won by white men slaughtering millions of Native Americans and relegating the remainder of them to slum concentration camps white men like to call "reservations".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"Mandatory volunteerism" is a job that the person did NOT volunteer to do.
If you are too lazy to read the article then don't reply to the comment you stupid troll.
If you are too lazy to volunteer for your community, we don't need you in it. Go live in a cave. Civilization has requirements.

Deal with it.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>The songs, the shows on TV, and the video games are not the problem themselves, carol. They are a SYMPTOM of the larger problem, which is the willingness of people to LISTEN to, watch, and play with that sort of cosmic dreck. Plenty of 'Rock-n-Roll' glorifies objectification of women, and celebrates death: think Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, and Jim Morisson, just to name a few.
Country music glorifies cheating, alcoholism and gun violence far more than rock and roll or rap music. That's why most redneck NRA gun nuts listen to it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>The west was won by white men slaughtering millions of Native Americans and relegating the remainder of them to slum concentration camps white men like to call "reservations".
Shhh...you're not supposed to remind us of that. It's harder to convince ourselves we nobly civilized the Natives, if we have to admit that we mostly slaughtered them first......
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

What do today's events and the events of last week's mall massacre have in common? Both shooters stole their weapons from "legal" gun owners. Proof positive that "legal" gun ownership is a major contributor to violent crime. America needs to get rid of all these guns.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>If you are too lazy to volunteer for your community, we don't need you in it. Go live in a cave. Civilization has requirements.
Deal with it.
I spent countless hours volunteering at my local Obama campaign office. His successful re-election made all the work well worth it.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Gansta Rap glorifies violence

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

<quoted text>If you are too lazy to volunteer for your community, we don't need you in it. Go live in a cave. Civilization has requirements.
Deal with it.
I have volunteered time, at my leisure, and not at the government's command. Apparently you don't understand what the word "voluntary" means, nor "mandatory".

If you can't keep up with the grown-ups' conversation you should go sit at the kiddie table.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 47 min Natual should be respect 48,918
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 51 min fearless 67,968
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Jews against gambling 68,380
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 174,663
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 465
No people will be punchlines in 'Racist Jokes 101' 2 hr FOOK U2 Azz Holes 6
McCarthy: 'Very good leads' in investigation in... 2 hr McCarthy B An Azz Hole 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr Sublime1 97,539
Abby 7-24 Thu Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search